gems
size
Large species
build
Light
player
Kingpedle
02-07-2021, 05:00 PM
Winter had never been his favorite season. Especially for a snake like him, waking up in the morning was proving difficult. The rocks though, they provided places for basking something the Cobra loved to do. Slithering out onto a rock he let the sun shine down on him. The warmth that fed into his scales was a nice feeling. Shaking out his tail the snake yawned, unblinking eyes looking onward. He hadn't seen any wolves in a while. Just a few pieces of prey he had caught for the months and the stars. The redwater rocks was proving to be an adequate home for the snake for now.

The nomadic creature crawled off the rock when he felt his energy returning. Koby grinned with happiness, tongue slipping out every now and again to taste the air around him. Perhaps it was time he moved on, even though the winter made that difficult, he wanted to read more fortunes of the wolves around him. If he ran into one today it would make him happy.

Saren

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Frost

Valentines 2020
02-07-2021, 09:57 PM

Saren had decided to take a walk before seriously starting his work for the day. Going from the pond within pack lands to the rocky area right outside. It was nice to get moving a bit before doing what was for the most part stationary work. He’d undoubtedly move more if he was one of the hunters or fighters, but given the nature of healing he wasn’t subject to short intense bursts of activity. Healing was more long treks to gather herbs and then carry them back, at least in the way of fitness.

Saren was pulled out of his thoughts about exercise when he spotted what looked to be a snake. He hadn’t had many encounters with snakes so he wasn’t exactly sure what he should do. He also didn’t remember how to tell if a snake was deadly or not, this one didn’t have super bright colors but it sure was long. Was running away the correct option? Should he try and kill it?

What these thoughts ended up culminating in was Saren continuing his walk albeit slowly while keeping his eyes trained on the snake. Sometimes his thoughts acted to his detriment.

[Image: dnxLkpo.png]

Koby

Loner

Beginner Intellectual (0)

Intermediate Navigator (30)

gems
size
Large species
build
Light
player
Kingpedle
02-07-2021, 10:06 PM
Something Koby loved was some of the reactions that these wolves gave him. The cobra was on the ground, not so threatening when he wasnt standing per say. When the wolfs scent wafted over his tongue excitement tingled in his belly. The snake came just a bit closer, the wolf seemed to be unsure of him. Koby decided to match the newcomers height. He slithered himself up matching the height of the wolfs eyes. "Greetingssss itsss a nice day out isssnt it?" he still remained a few feet away, in case the wolf decided to attack him.

"My name isss Koby, Im a king cobra" the pacifist snake gave a brief explanation. The tip of his long tail flicking. Intelligent eyes gleamed meeting with the othet predators eyes. Koby remained calm with what appeared to be a grin on his mouth of course.

Saren

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Frost

Valentines 2020
02-08-2021, 03:00 PM
As the snake came even closer to him and stood up Saren jumped a little inside, bringing his slow pace to a stop. Snakes didn’t eat wolves right? As it spoke and introduced itself Saren wondered if he’d actually heard a snake speak before, he wasn’t quite sure.

“H-Hello.” He stuttered out towards the snake, apparently named Koby. His face clearly depicted his nervousness. “Shouldn’t you be in the south? It’s a lot warmer in the south.” He knew enough about reptiles to know that they didn’t do well in the cold. The other benefit of the south was it was away from him.

Koby

Loner

gems
size
Large species
build
Light
player
Kingpedle
02-09-2021, 12:56 AM
Somehow he was disappointed that the wolf did not return the gesture when it came to their name. Koby slithered his tongue out the tangy cool air touching it. His slitted and unblinking eyes made sure to stay on the wolf. The tip of his tail twitched he lowered himself a bit, perhaps he was intimidating the poor creature? He didn't think that, but Koby wasn't a fan of scaring his potential clientel. "The Wessst and Sssouth are in tune with one another, the redwater rocksss provide me with ssome gorgeousss bassking spotsss." he shared the news with a chipper tune to his tone. The nomad tilted his head to the side.

"Would you care for me to read your fortune? You sssee I am a travelling fortune teller. My wissssh issss to become renowned in Boreass for it." Koby slithered a bit away. Maybe if he gave the creature space than this meeting would go a little easier. His hood quivered. The cold made his head cloudy but he didn't care. As long as he could provide some sort of service it was fine.

Saren

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Frost

Valentines 2020
02-09-2021, 04:19 PM
Oh, so the snake was a fortune teller. That would explain why they were so close to the pack, Koby was probably looking for wolves to fortune tell for and had followed the scent of a pack. With that in mind Saren didn’t feel quite as antsy now that it seemed the snake wasn’t out to harm him.

The idea of getting his fortune told seemed intriguing, he didn’t have much in mind for the future. He’d probably just spend the rest of his life being a pack healer. He didn’t care about being well known, just that he did his job well. The only thoughts he really had about the future concerned his sister, having kids of his own didn’t seem likely since he had yet to find somebody he loved. But whenever his sister had kids he wanted to be there, being an uncle seemed like a fun idea.

“Oh, Fortune telling seems fun. I’m interested in what you’ll see.” Saren gave a slight smile towards Koby. “My name is Saren Abraxas by the way.”

Koby

Loner

gems
size
Large species
build
Light
player
Kingpedle
02-10-2021, 10:48 PM
The snake listened intently, watching the wolf carefully for the classic tell tale signs of behavior he had to look out for. When he mentioned an agreement to his offer to fortune tell the snake opened his mouth in glee. His fangs were pressed against the roof of his mouth, revealing only his tiny razor teeth that lined the gums, along with the tube that ran along his tongue for air when he ate. Quickly shutting his mouth again his tongue flicked a gesture of excitement as he crawled a little closer to Saren. "I jussst need one thing. A piece of prey of your choice, hunt it and bring it back to me to extract the bonesss inssside." The cobra requested his tone staying chipper as it usually did.

"I'll wait here for you." Koby offered, curious as to see what Saren came back with. He had seen many pieces of prey offered to him for a telling. He didn't really ask for much either, he enjoyed telling fortunes as a hobby. It had been passed down from his family for generations. The tip of his tail twitched, maybe he could eventually teach a wolf of his skills.

Saren

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Frost

Valentines 2020
02-12-2021, 08:49 PM
The fortune teller needed bones? As far as Saren knew fortune tellers just looked and somebody and knew, why did this one need bones? It seemed that all he was getting from the snake was questions, questions were good and all but he liked to be certain sometimes.

“Ok.” Saren would say before he headed off to look for some prey. He figured something like a rabbit or a small bird would be fine, it didn’t need to be big. It was also winter and that meant prey wasn’t as likely to be around compared to the spring.

Thoughts about weather patterns and the prey-predator balance plagued Saren’s mind as he went off on the hunt. He came back 10-15 minutes later carrying a dead medium-sized bird. How he got it wasn’t the thing that mattered, it was the fact that he had it now. Placing it on the ground before the snake Saren backed up a little. “I’m not sure why you need bones, but here they are.”