Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lazuli

All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teeth1K
02-14-2021, 10:32 AM
Wendigo Klein

"Weeee fly baby fly!" Wendigo howled as he watched the little bird soar through the air. When it reached the peak of its arc and started to fall towards earth again he raced after it and snatched it up before it could hit the ground. "Ah gaht chu buhhee, he slurred around the bird held fast between his teeth. He scrambled up a nearby hill, set the bird down gently and then plopped down across from it. His expression grew serious and he stuck a paw out towards the bird like a coach getting ready to amp up one of his players. "That was great but this time I want you to do some spins, okay?" He held up a toe. "One spin, easy peasy." The little bird flopped to the side, its tongue out and its chest heaving. Carefully Wendigo balanced it upright and then tried to poke its tongue back in while speaking words of encouragement. "Pay attention, Frankie, we're never gonna have any fun if you don't pay attention. Okay, ready? Let's go!"

He snatched the bird up again and darted to the precipice. Standing at the very edge he widened his stance and twisted his head to the side. Seconds ticked by as he stared over the edge as though psyching himself up. Finally he swung around and let go of the bird like he was throwing a frisbee. "Go Frankie go!" The bird instinctively stretched out its wings as it soared through the air, but the many broken bones that hidden beneath its feathers kept it from achieving any real height. By sheer luck it sluggishly rolled over in the air before plummeting back to earth - giving Wendigo the spin he had been hoping for. He raced after it with a shriek.

The bird struck stone before he could reach it and went rolling through the dirt. "Whoops! My bad, little buddy! I'll be faster next time!" Wendigo poked at the prone figure. "Frankie? Hey, Frankie this isn't nap time we got flying to do!"

screams | actions | whispers

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Master Intellectual (240)

Expert Fighter (165)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
Pride - Pansexual1KDouble Master
02-14-2021, 02:24 PM

Áskell moved carefully down the mountainside, aiming his paw steps for maximum traction while avoiding the ice. An old, roughed up piece of raw hide was clamped firmly in his jaws. Kári was flying somewhere but at the moment he couldn't see the magpie and he wasn't terribly concerned what his companion was off doing. When at last he found a smooth slope down to the bottom he unfurled the rawhide and jumped on it, letting loose a jubilant yell as he skidded down the mountainside on the hide and slid to a stop right into a snow bank. He was about to grab the hide and race back up for another go when he heard someone hooting and hollering elsewhere on the mountainside. He didn't recognize the voice but it sounded really young. That had to be one of Recluse's pups. Curiosity spurred him forward as he grabbed the piece of hide and bounded toward the source of the sound.

When Áskell arrived he saw a young boy showing at a dead bird. He cocked his head to the side and set the hide down. "Say, you gonna eat that? If not I wouldn't mind a snack." All that climbing and sledding had worked up an appetite.

"Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Wendigo I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lazuli

All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teeth1K
02-14-2021, 03:06 PM
Wendigo Klein

Wendigo picked up one of the bird's wings and let it drop. He frowned, unsure of what to make of this development. He didn't want to play with a dead bird he wanted to play with a live one! Live ones flew, dead ones... He flipped its wing again. Dead ones did that and that was boring as all heck. Wendigo stared at the still bird for a good long while as he tried to decide what to do and continued to nudge at its wing. And then he had an idea and his eyes widened. Wendigo picked it up its wings and danced it around like a marionette. Yes, this worked! This could be fun! Problem solved!

He was so engrossed in fixing his dead bird problem that he missed the approach of a stranger. "Say, you gonna eat that? If not I wouldn't mind a snack." Wendigo wasn't surprised by the appearance of a new boy, but he was disturbed by his questions. He snatched the bird up, clutched it to his chest and twisted away from Askell as though to protect the bird from him. "No! This is NOT for eating!" he said in an aghast tone as though Askell was suggesting he eat his own foot. How ludicrous! Clearly this bird was a friend and friends were for playing with.

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
02-14-2021, 07:11 PM

Áskell blinked in surprise at the boy's reaction as he clutched the bird to his chest and screamed that the bird was not for eating. Áskell cocked his head to the side. What else could you do with a dead bird besides eat it? Especially one that small. If it was older they could take the feathers off of it and make things. Now that he thought about it, though… Áskell grinned. "Ok, ok, so the bird's not for eating. What are you going to do with it then? Does your mom sleep on pelts? If so you could hide it under one and surprise her when she goes to bed. That'd be fun!" He took a few steps closer, tail wagging lightly as he looked at the younger boy. Surely they could find something fun to do with the bird instead of pawing at it.

Wendigo I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lazuli

02-21-2021, 04:04 PM
Wendigo Klein

The other boy gave him something to think about and while thinking Wendigo held the bird out so he could look at it. He could put it in her bed but he thought she might be rather unimpressed with that since he liked to sleep with his toys already and had a plethora of them all over the place, including, probably, her bed. None of them were exactly like this one but some were close.

"No," he said slowly. "I think she'd just be mad I left my toys out." Wendigo thought about it some more and then said, "I dunno. Maybe fly him into the lava? I think he would like it." Assuming he could find lava. It was hit or miss. Sometimes there was a big red hot mountain of the stuff and other times none at all or a sad little trickle.

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-27-2021, 07:31 PM

Áskell watched the younger boy thinking, keeping silent as he wondered what was going through the other boy's head. When the boy spoke Áskell's ears flicked up at rapt attention and he grinned. "Oh, yes! That is a great idea. My dad said the lava is so hot that if you feel in you'd catch fire before actually hitting the lava." He didn't know if that was true or not but he'd always wanted to try throwing something alive in there and seeing what would happen. A dead bird was probably a better idea, though some day he wanted to throw in a frog or a toad. Kári said they'd explode.

"Let's go all the way to the top. There's a bunch of lava in the crater. My name is Áskell by the way, Áskell Klein."