size
Medium
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
02-27-2021, 03:05 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

Set prior to Raid, between Meeting and Raid

She’d had Cairo up the patrols since the raid. For one, it would show who was serious about doing their part, and who was not. Today, she patrolled alone, Loshir padding long beneath her at the bottom of the wall while the glowing, white woman strode gracefully along the top, eyes scanning for trouble, or anything unusual.

She might expand outward into the lands that bordered Valhalla tomorrow, but for now, she contented herself with ensuring the health of the direct border, reapplying scent where it was needed, and keeping an overall watch of things. Taliesyn had made note of the woman he’d encountered, and Paladin had mentioned her after one of his trips to the Estuary. As well, she kept an eye out for the young girl who had followed herself and Ardyn from the Field. Ardyn had told her, in detail, about the younger pup having tucked herself away in an old hideaway long abandoned.

Both mother and son had been leaving food and pelts for the girl, to use if she needed, but Aurielle planned to see if she wanted more. It was clear by now that no adults laid claim to the child. She hadn’t seen or smelled anyone similar to the child since her arrival.

Her lips quirked in a brief frown as she wondered what had happened, and as she reached the area where the child had settled at, she hummed, then gave a soft woof, calling for Tel as she dropped to the loner side of the all with a bound, padding to stop at the entrance of the den.

“Tel, are you in?”

Her lilted tones were gentle, encouraging the child if she was present to hear her.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think

[Image: bkRAV4d.png]

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
Aurielle's English is heavily laden with an Irish, Swedish mixed accent.
Her family is allowed to crash all her threads, Private and Open.
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Tel'Teukiira

Loner

Expert Fighter (160)

Expert Intellectual (140)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

By the skin of my teethPride - Demisexual1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
04-12-2021, 01:38 AM

You couldn't kill me if you tried

The season had been particularly hard, though Tel didn't know any better. It was her first spring, and so far, to her, it still felt like the cold grip of winter refused to release it's hold on the lands. She was grateful for the aid from Ardyn and his mother, though she had yet to officially meet the celestial-like she-wolf, Tel was well aware that Aurielle and her son were helping her. She wanted to do something for them in return, but there was little she could do on her own. She lay snuggled up in the furs they had been bringing her. Her belly full from the food they'd left for her, too. She did her best to stay out of the cold, but she was growing tired of staying in the den day after day, often only going out to relieve herself or to see if the winter-like season had let up its grip. She took a deep breath, her legs itching to wander but she knew she couldn't. Without a mother or a pack, she feared she wouldn't survive out in the world on her own with the way it was. Granted she had miraculously survived this long on her own, she was still too young to venture out into the wilds of the world with the current situation. For her source of comfort, she had chosen to move her den site closer to the sheltering walls of Valhalla, though she remained respectful of their borders - especially after the lesson Ardyn had given her about pack borders - and made her new den within sight of the wall that lined the pack.

“Tel, are you in?” Ears perked and her head shot up when she heard the familiar lilting voice of Ardyn's mother. Her tail beat against the furs that she was on, and the girl made haste to meet the woman. She ventured out to the mouth of her den, a smile on her face and her eyes brightening at the sight of her visitor. After all, if it hadn't been for Aurielle and Ardyn, she probably would've been struggling, if not dead by now. "Hello! It's good to see you again! Uh, thank you for the food and the pelts, they've been helping a lot!"

"Speak"

Aurielle

Loner

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Fighter (255)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

04-19-2021, 08:32 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

Soon enough Tel popped into sight in typical puppy enthusiasm, if polite. At her thanks, Aurielle nodded, smiling. “I’m glad.”

How to broach the subject she wanted to delve into? From what Ardyn had related, the child had no knowledge of packs until he’d explained some of it to her. If it hadn’t been Valhalla and some other pack, and the girl had trespassed… Would the pup be attacked or claimed?

She settled on her haunches, tail flicking to pool neatly at her paws by force of habit as she studied the girl. No other scents but the trace scents from herself and Ardyn.

Finally, she sighed softly, gazing out over the freelands spanning beyond the wall. The world could be harsh, even cruel by a soft-hearted sort’s view. The only way to learn what had happened, if anything, was to ask.

“I’d like to ask you something, and it’s up to you if you want to answer me. But I do ask that your answer be honest.”

Her eyes drifted down to the young girl, locking eyes as she asked, gently, “Where are your parents? How did you end up alone?”

She would be true to her word—if the girl didn’t want to answer, she wouldn’t push her on it, and let Tel make the choice of when she opened up.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ---- "Hear" ---- Think

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Tel'Teukiira

Loner

Expert Fighter (160)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

By the skin of my teethPride - Demisexual1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
07-23-2021, 12:00 AM

She watched as the celestial fae sat down, her tail curling around herself and Tel mimicked her. The girl looked up at the she-wolf with wide, curious eyes. Wondering what the Alphess of Valhalla was visiting her for besides the usual. When Aurielle let out a soft sigh, Tel's ear would twitch and her gaze flicked away for a moment as she sensed that perhaps, this might be more of a serious visit. “I’d like to ask you something, and it’s up to you if you want to answer me. But I do ask that your answer be honest.” Tel nodded, "Of course," She didn't have it in her to lie...so she thought. She didn't really have reason to lie. She had only ever really talked to Ardyn and his mother, and since she wasn't taught the social cues or anything really, she didn't have reason to be dishonest. She hadn't exactly gone and done things to get in trouble, either to warrant a lie...

As her own alien gaze drifted to her paws for a moment, she caught the slight shift of movement and she looked up to find Aurielle's gentle gaze upon her. “Where are your parents? How did you end up alone?” Her ear made the smallest of movements, her tail curling just a little closer to her paws. While she had often thought about her own parents, she wasn't quite prepared for the questions. She wasn't sure how to answer..."Um...well...I...don't know..." She looked down at her paws for a few moments, heaving a heavy sigh as she continued.

"My momma disappeared when I was really young...I don't know about my dad, but I think the same happened with him...I don't remember much of either of them though..." She furrowed her brow as she quietly turned her gaze to meet Aurielle's. "My memories of them are...fuzzy...I think I dream about them sometimes, but...I can't see their faces...I just remember things being warm...their voices...their scents..."

For a moment, she began to reminisce about what her parents smelled like. If there was anything she could remember most, it was the way they smelled. Her mother smelled like fresh pine needles and earth...sort of like what it smelled like after it rained...moss...the rivers...her father smelled more like an ocean breeze and the smell of earth baked under the sun, warm and comforting...she'd never been to the ocean, but she had caught bits of it on the wind when she was close enough. Their voices were warm. Comforting...at least for the short time she was allowed to be with them...

"I...I don't know where they are or why they left me alone..." Her voice saddened when she thought about it. "I don't even know if they're alive, but I like to think they are and that maybe they had to leave for a really good reason...that maybe they'll come back for me one day..." She was hopeful, but even she knew that was likely a longshot...

"Speak"

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

07-24-2021, 02:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2021, 10:26 PM by Aurielle. Edited 1 time in total.)
Aurielle Adravendi

The answer was there before the young girl began to speak, but Aurielle listened patiently, intently, taking it in, and the automatic conclusions were that either this girl’s parents had abandoned her for some cultural reason – and that was the better case scenario to the idea that someone could care so little for their daughter that they’d leave a barely weaned pup on her own in the world – or… they had been killed while out hunting. Gods she hoped that was the case, as heartbreaking as it would have been.

An outside hope was that they’d been taken by slavers and might someday free themselves or be freed, or had been swept away in a storm. Maybe they’d make it back one day, relieved that their girl was alive and safe.

“I hope they’ll be back one day, too.” She’d been through the loss of a parent like that, at least partially, wondering if her mother would come back, if her brother would make it back… her eyes lifted, scanning instinctively, but not finding him. He was never there when she looked up from what she was doing as the thought of her twin crossed her mind. But… someday, maybe he would be, and with him a lovely wife and kids… or a husband and adopted children. Either way she’d be elated…

She drew in a breath and looked down at the girl again, studying her closely before she asked, “Would you like to join Valhalla? We can provide you with a home, food, safe dens, and an education. And… maybe one day, you can show your mother and father how much you’ve grown, and what you’ve learned.”

Ardyn, she knew, would approve of the offer, and she didn’t doubt her son would take on the role of guide and friend. But it was up to Tel, in the end.

Tel'Teukiira

Loner

Expert Fighter (160)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

08-08-2021, 01:21 AM

"I hope they'll be back one day, too." She nodded solemnly, the faintest of smiles barely lifting her lips. She did hope that one day she'd find them...or that they'd find her...she had to cling onto that hope. It was all she had left of them beside the fuzzy memories that she desperately clung to. “Would you like to join Valhalla? We can provide you with a home, food, safe dens, and an education. And… maybe one day, you can show your mother and father how much you’ve grown, and what you’ve learned.” She was surprised by the question, and it took her a moment to process what she had just been asked. Once she did realize what Aurielle asked her, her tail began to wag and she perked up. "Me? Join Valhalla!? Does that mean Ardyn and I can play together more?"

More importantly...it meant she wouldn't be alone. She hated the isolated feelings she had whenever she left Valhalla's borders when it was time for her to part ways with the fiery boy. She hated that she always had to be so cautious so that larger creatures wouldn't try to make a meal of her. But she wasn't so small anymore...still, she didn't know much save for what the Valhallan boy had been teaching her. "Yes, yes I would love to join if you'll have me! I promise to do my best in return!" She could feel her eyes wanting to tear up. She had never been a part of a pack before, much less part of a community. She had been alone for as long as she could remember, or at least right up until she met Ardyn and his mother. She had a slew of emotions coursing through her, and was having trouble processing them all at once.

"Speak"

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

08-08-2021, 02:57 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

It took a moment for her words to register with the girl, but then it clicked, and she nodded in affirmation, lips twitching in a smile. “It does.”

Tel readily accepted the invitation, and Aurielle rose, nudging the girl’s shoulder with her nose as she proclaimed, “Then, as of this moment, you are Tel'Teukiira, Promise of Valhalla. Once you become a year old, your rank will automatically become that of an Oath. Around that time, I suggest you start thinking of what path you want to follow in the Circles, if, by that time, you still wish to remain in Valhalla.”

She peered toward the child’s little den, nodding to it as she added, “Do you want help with your things? You can den in one of the alcoves of the main den. Ardyn can help you get settled in once we get there. On the way, I'll teach you the laws and cultures of the pack.”

Tel'Teukiira

Loner

Expert Fighter (160)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

08-12-2021, 11:41 PM

"It does." Her tail began to wag, but started to wag even more as the excitement built up when Aurielle continued, "Then, as of this moment, you are Tel'Teukiira, Promise of Valhalla. Once you become a year old, your rank will automatically become that of an Oath. Around that time, I suggest you start thinking of what path you want to follow in the Circles, if, by that time, you still wish to remain in Valhalla.” her tail wagged fervently, and with her stacking excitement, her coat began to shimmer a bit. She didn't pay it much mind though, she knew she didn't yet have the ability to control that and she was used to it at this point. She was still a pup after all, but she would be a year old before she knew it. "Thank you, thank you, thank you! I promise to do my best for Valhalla!" She quipped, paws dancing in place.

“Do you want help with your things? You can den in one of the alcoves of the main den. Ardyn can help you get settled in once we get there. On the way, I'll teach you the laws and cultures of the pack.” She glanced back towards her den for a moment before nodding. She didn't want to leave her possessions behind, especially since every single piece meant a lot to her all things considered. "Yes please, I would very much appreciate it. And I can't wait to learn all about Valhalla!" She beamed up at Aurielle, excited more than she had ever been before to start her new future.

"Speak"