Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
03-12-2021, 05:19 PM

It wouldn’t be long now before Venom gave birth to her first litter of little sprites. It was strange to think and see just how much she had grown up, and was into the world. He remembered their first hunt together, and teaching her how to tan a coat. She was his first apprentice, and in many ways, his first daughter. Now she was his Empress, and his respect for her had only grown.

He had spoken to her some days ago, making the suggestion that he could help keep an eye on things. To help the new parents adjust to the changes in their lives, she had been open to the idea, but it was Hattori with whom he needed to speak. Hattori. Mate of the Empress, in a strange sort of sense, it made him… Seer’s son in law. It meant that if he ever broke Venom’s heart, he would have to break the man's legs. Of all the wolves in their world, he had a feeling Hattori might actually give him a run for his money.

He settled his weight on his forepaws, looking out across the Ashen territory, without yet touching their lands. He raised back his head, and called for the man.

"Seer"

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
03-13-2021, 09:24 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2021, 07:26 AM by Hanzō. Edited 1 time in total.)

With Venom resting, the litter due any day now, Hattori had a lot of responsibilities to tend to. He'd only just finished yet another patrol when a howl summoned him to the edge of the Shrine. His ears tipped forward and it didn't take him long to realise it was Sirius calling him, returning the favour of waiting at the borders as Hattori so often did. Rumbling in his native tongue he ordered his cat to continue the patrol without him, he made his way south, cutting through the bone trees and not even sparing the temple a glance as he passed by. To each their own, but there was too much for him to do within a single day to even waste a breath praying to a God that may or may not exist.

He soon approached the border and sure enough the Warlord was in sight, standing there tall and broad, the dark of his coat stark against the white of the lingering snow. Hattori dipped his head and was quick to cut to the chase.

"Sirius" He greeted with a nod. No doubt the Warlord was aware of Venom's pregnancy, it wasn't exactly openly advertised but they weren't hiding it either. He imagined the man had things to say about the matter and the Shogun would listen, assuming he did not get overly rude or snippy about it. Though thus far he'd been treated respectfully enough, Hattori saw no storm looming on the horizon.

[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
04-03-2021, 07:43 PM

Hattori appeared shortly after, and greeted him with a word and a nod. The Warlord returned the gesture, and spoke the man's name in turn. “Hattori, congratulations are in order, I hear” he said politely. The idea of Hattori as a son in law, leader of the Empire that Sirius had always had a respect for, and mate to his first apprentice and almost daughter… it was still sinking in.

“With things in the Armada being in good order, I thought I would offer my services in running patrol and keeping an eye on things while Venom is laid up” he explained to the younger wolf. He knew how overwhelming it could be to have a first litter. Especially when they got a taste for escaping the den, and getting into mischief. His strong brood had always had a penitent for finding trouble.

"Seer"

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
04-04-2021, 12:09 PM

The Shogun nodded, gratuitously accepting his congratulations. Whether the Warlord approved or not of these changes he was civil enough to keep the talk respectful, almost clinical. As though holding the other back at arms length. But that suited Hattori just fine, they did not need to be the best of friends to get along, this served both him and the Empire as well as it needed to.

Hattori was quietly stubborn, preferring to do things his way just for the sake of routine and security. After all, there was no use in double checking things if he knew he'd done it correctly the first time around. But even he saw the value in Sirius' offer, there was much to be done and whilst he likely had his own means and methods the fact that the Armada was doing well was proof enough that he knew what was doing. That Ashen would not fall to ruin if Hattori accepted his helping paw. He lingered in unblinking silence, something the Warlord was no doubt used to by now.

"I appreciate the offer, thank you." That was just the formality but he pressed on. "I believe Venom would like that as well. I have not been able to spend as much time with her as I would like."  He then admitted, a rare show of personal honesty.

[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]