An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
03-23-2021, 01:28 AM

Briar had caught wind of the fact that her older sister had gotten hurt so despite the fact that Aslatiel was gruff at best and they hadn't really spent any time together at all the antlered girl put it upon herself to go check on her. She loaded up all her most useful herbs and ointments into Dandelion's saddlebags and set off across the tall grass plains with Marigold, trudging through the snow toward the edges where she knew Asla's den was located.

It wasn't that long of a walk from the den she shared with her littermates and parents of course, but any distance felt too long in this kind of weather. Occasionally she had to pause an dig out a little trench for Dandelion to walk though whenever he would get stuck and start squeaking insecently to be freed. Dik-diks were certainly not made for snow, but neither was she so she couldn't really blame him.

Soon enough they reached the den in question and she trotted up to the entrance while Marigold finished leading the tiny deer-like creature along. "Asla!" she called in her pleasant sing-song voice. "Asla, can I come in? I brought some medicines for you!"

"Briar" | "Marigold"

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
03-23-2021, 01:53 AM
Her body was sore and her knee ached something fierce, so she'd been told that she needed a few days of denrest. It was difficult to sit still and Asla had to keep her paws busy so she was doing something that she hadn't done in a long time. She was painting.

Now don't get it in your head that the dainty fae was holding a brush and applying color to a stretched skin or anything like that. Aslatiel was painting bones. Skulls mostly. She had a big boar skull just sitting around. Thre same boat that had broken her leg, actually. The skull was a gift from Naiche and Azure. She had made her own paints using the techniques that her aunt Iolaire had taught her. The big skull had been given a base coat of deep, rich black and blue. Upon it she lightly spattered pale white and gold. Soon she would add constellations. Asla would forever be a star child and would never forget her love of them.

She had been waiting for the paint to dry when the call came from the door. Asla wrinkled her nose. What was the girl doing here? An instant later the bubbly voice declared that she was here to bring Asla medicine. "Mojito already treated my wounds. Thank you anyway." Asla mentally willed the young menace to go away.
[Image: qnvtMu8.png?1]

Briar

The Hallows
Lady of Cinder

Master Fighter (245)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
03-23-2021, 09:23 AM

Briar was taken aback by Asla's immediate denial of her offer and a frown pulled at her lips. After she came all this way! No, she wasn't going to be deterred that easily. "Aww, come on! I even brought Dandelion so I could bring all my stuff!" as if to punctuate her point, the dik-dik behind her gave one of his signature shrill squeaks and she had to "shhh" him since she was certain that if Asla didn't want to see her she would certainly not want to see Dandelion if he kept squeaking like that. "Come on, Briar, don't be a bother," Marigold chipped in, trying to reason with the girl, but of course Briar was having none of it.

Finally fed up with being out in the cold and being turned down by her sister, Briar stuck her head through the entrance, nearly getting her small antlers caught on the covering in the process. She huffed once she was at least in up to her shoulders, feeling Dandelion bumping his head against her hip because he wanted to come inside to. Her eyes settled on Asla, but before she could reiterate that she was just here to help, she caught a glimpse of the project she was working on and she gasped, letting out an amazed "ooooh". She quickly slipped inside, no longer waiting for permission, so that she could trot over to get a closer look. "It's so pretty! How'd you do that?" she questioned as she peered at the decorated skull, being careful not to touch it since she didn't want to make her sister even more mad at her.

"Briar" | "Marigold"