size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
KatG2

Valentines 2020Treat 2019Christmas 2019
03-26-2021, 10:35 AM
Void led the way towards the tiny camp, the trio had come here for the last few days but it would soon be time to relocate. Already the man was considering what was going to happen the next week. He was excited, eager, and already overjoyed to have been searching alongside Plague. He knew the days would fly by and then once he returned to Ashen Void would make a bigger decision. Of course, he wouldn’t leave his siblings out and would absolutely weigh their input. But this journey had to come to an end, for better or worse.

He was almost nervous as dark paws carried him forward and he led the ivory man beside him. There was no way to tell how Spirit and Gloom might react to meeting Plague and learning who he was to Void. Surely they would feel the same gratefulness for his help in the search for Eulogy, but how would they feel about his divided time. What would they say about his time spent with Plague instead of searching?

He tried to hide the thoughts racing through his head but he knew that Plague felt every bit of it. The Abraxas man could read him better than anyone, and understood especially everything he couldn’t say. That fact alone would be enough to convince Void that he had found his other half in Plague, but it was so much more than that too. The Destruction man lifted his head in the semblance of pride as he walked with Plague, no matter what happened tonight he was certain of the man’s place beside him.

”Gloom, Spirit?” He called out as they approached the camp so that he didn’t startle his siblings. He knew he was quite late in making his return, and he hoped he hadn’t forced them too much worry. ”I’ve brought someone for you to meet. He’s going to try and help us find Mother, Deso, and Polt.” He told them softly as he pushed through the dead foliage and into the small clearing with Plague. Mostly announcing their arrival so neither brother or sister would feel threatened by another presence.

Plague

Loner

Master Fighter (270)

Master Intellectual (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

Critical Block!The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterPride - GayMammoth Hunter
1KHalloween 2020 - Haunted House
03-26-2021, 06:24 PM

Plague could feel the nervous rolling off of Void in waves as they drew closer to where he and his siblings had set up camp, but he had his own nervousness as well. He held hope that his siblings would react well to the news since he could tell from what Void had said about their family that they all loved each other dearly. His own sister's words echoed in his mind - I only want your happiness. He hoped it would be the same with Gloom and Spirit. The thing that he was the most uncertain about was the fact that he was meeting them for the first time at the same time as this news was being broken. There was no time for them to process the news before he got introduced to them so he was certain that it would be a lot for them to take in at once.

Either way, despite the nerves they both felt, he was still so happy to be at Void's side and stayed shoulder to shoulder with him until they reached the thickest part of the brush that blocked them off from the camp. When Void called out to his siblings, announcing their presence and mentioning who he had brought with him, Plague followed behind the star spangled man into the clearing. He lifted his emerald gaze to find the two siblings that he had been waiting for so long to meet, offering them both a dip of his head in greeting. "Hello... I'm Plague. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Plague | Viridis | Procella

Spirit

Loner

Intermediate Intellectual (55)

Intermediate Healer (50)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Pride - Gay (MLM)The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
03-31-2021, 04:57 PM
Spirit was surprised that Void was late to make his return but he trusted his brother with all of his heart. He wouldn't worry or fret over him being late for too long; he was more capable than Spirit himself was and he had no doubt he could fend for himself with little issue. Spirit worried often and plentifully but when it came to his siblings he felt safe, and found that those thoughts didn't plague him quite as often. But still he felt a familiar wave of relief, warm and comforting, wash over him as he heard Void's approach. His paws came first, then his voice - though he was not alone, a suspicion only confirmed when he stood and twisted around to face Void and... someone else.

He was here to help. Spirit couldn't help but feel uneasy in the company of a stranger but he'd accept Void's words as truth. He nodded, forcing a small smile as he shook out his coat and tried to properly face the stranger. "H-h-hello," he stammered, his voice even more unsteady than usual. His stutter never fully left, even around his siblings, but they certainly helped dampen it. Around a stranger, though? Speaking without it was hopeless. "N-nice to meet you. I'm Spirit," he nodded slightly, gaze averting to Void as he fell quiet and waited for Gloom to introduce herself.

Spirit has a female strawberry Finch companion named Strawberry, who is almost always nearby.
He also is usually wearing a saddlebag if he's away from home.

Gloom

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Pride - BisexualPride - DemisexualChristmas 2019
04-26-2021, 04:52 PM
It was almost a betrayal of the slow and yet steady progress Gloom was making, the confidence she was finding, the way she was getting used to walking with her head held... well not high but not ducked anymore either, it had all slowly been progressing the fact she walked as though she wasn't being watched because... well she wasn't.
So while she did not feel animosity towards her brother for shattering and tearing down all the progress she'd made it still felt like all the air had been pulled from her lungs, her limbs shaking and her body pressing to the ground as though hoping the grass would hide her, or even better, the dirt itself would open up and swallow her whole so she could hide. Tears pooled at the corners of her eyes, something that had never been common for her even in Abaven but the sudden and unexpected flood of the fear and panic was such a shock to her newly rebuilt system that she found herself struggling not to cry.

So that was how she'd met Plague, instantly falling to the floor, shivering and trying so very hard not to cry. Under all her fear and the flood of confusing emotions was a current of guilt. Guilt over her sudden and potentially distressing to her sibling's regression, guilt over her inability to be happy her brother had made a friend, especially one who was so willing to help them... guilt over the brief flash of resentment for void she'd felt, that he'd changed the plan on them, that he'd brought an intruder into the journey they were supposed to be on as a family.

"Speech"

Image by Madandcat
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Void

Loner

Advanced Fighter (90)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
KatG2

04-28-2021, 05:55 PM
Void was well aware of the fragile balance that held the three siblings together. They all had traumas and horrors to struggle through, but he felt like his siblings were especially sensitive. He knew very well how sweet and caring Plague truly was, but there was no way for Spirit or Gloom to have that knowledge. He was already kicking himself for not thinking to tell them about the man sooner but he tried to take comfort in Plague’s presence despite the nervousness in his belly. His own emotions wouldn’t help brother or sister during this introduction.

Void slowly entered the clearing, leading Plague in to meet his timid siblings. The Abraxas man showed his picture perfect manners with a brief introduction and lowered head. Void couldn’t help the grin on his face as blue and lavender eyes shifted from his ivory features to Spirit as he spoke up in return. Even as Spirit’s returned greeting reached his ears Void didn’t miss how Gloom fell to the ground.

She was one of his greatest sources of hope. Hope that they would be able to bring their mother and lost siblings home. She made progress in leaps and bounds, but in that moment she returned to the same state she’d been in before they left Abaven. The sight of her like that put tears into his own eyes and there was no hesitation as he rushed to her side. Her smaller form had always fit well against his bigger frame, and Void made the attempt to wrap himself around her in affectionate support. What else could he do? There was no rationalizing with irrational fear.

Plague

Loner

Master Fighter (270)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

Critical Block!The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterPride - GayMammoth Hunter
04-30-2021, 07:45 PM

He offered the earthen hued, white hued male a gentle smile when he spoke, introducing himself as Spirit. It was nice to have faces to put to names at long last. He had heard plenty about the pair, though he knew that they hadn't heard about him. It didn't bother him, but it did most likely explain the state that Gloom was in when he glanced toward toward the cream and ash woman. It made his smile falter to see her drop to the ground and cower, his ears falling back against his skull with guilt. He watched as Void immediately darted to his sister's side to comfort her, curling around her smaller frame as a good brother should.

He didn't want to upset her. He knew it wasn't exactly his fault and that it was just the fact that he was a stranger in their makeshift home, but it still made a sting of guilt hit him hard. He just wanted to help, not hurt. He hesitated for a moment, not certain what he should do. Should be go? Let them regroup and come back? Is there something he could say to make it right? After a few beats of indecision, he finally just laid down exactly where he was. He didn't move closer to them, just laid down on the ground, settling on his stomach across from the three siblings to hopefully make himself less of a threat.

"I'm sorry if I startled you... Either of you," he told them, looking between Gloom and Spirit respectively. "Void is... He's very special to me. I would love to help you with your search if you'll have me." He wanted it to be up to them. He knew he had already been helping Void some on his own and throughout the last day, but if he was going to join the three of them for an entire week he wanted it to be on their terms. Put a bit of the control back in their paws so that they didn't feel like he was an intruder.

Spirit

Loner

Intermediate Healer (50)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

05-01-2021, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 02:38 PM by Spirit. Edited 1 time in total.)
Spirit watched as Gloom suddenly deflated. They'd both watched her be bolstered up in their time together, away from Abaven. She'd grown somewhat self-assured, standing taller now - and while he had a hunch that neither he nor Gloom would ever be the type of wolves to seem outwardly confident, he knew they'd both made considerable progress. And now he watched as she reeled months and months backwards, right before his eyes. Plague was forgotten as he moved to lay with her, on the side opposite Void, feeling tears beginning to well in his eyes. "Gloom, i-it's okay," he stammered softly as he pressed himself into her, hoping the presence of her brothers might bring her some relief from the sudden fears that gripped her.

He felt something similar welling inside his own chest. He'd made progress interacting with strangers, to the point where he didn't feel like he'd immediately cave under the pressure of conversation. He felt himself reeling backwards too though he tried to hold steady and remind himself that Void wouldn't hurt them, he wouldn't do anything that would ever compromise what was left of their family. Spirit had to believe that. "I-it's not your fault," he offered to Plague, though refused to meet his gaze, his attention on Gloom and calming her down. "S-she's..." She was his sister. She was like Spirit, her anxieties only amplified. He understood, but he wasn't sure anyone else would, not anyone who didn't already know her well.

The decision wasn't his own, if Plague would join them or not, but a group decision. And he wasn't sure Plague would be so ready to answer him right away. "I don't mind... help. J-just... don't take Void away from us. P-please." We need him, he thought silently to himself as he helped cradle his sister and try to steady his own erratic breathing. They'd lost their mother and Poltergeist - he couldn't bear to see Void lost to them now too, with a man that was a stranger to them.

Spirit has a female strawberry Finch companion named Strawberry, who is almost always nearby.

Gloom

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Pride - BisexualPride - DemisexualChristmas 2019
05-07-2021, 05:42 PM

Gloom both felt hyper aware and completely lost, she was lazer focused in on Plague and so only noticed her brother's rushing to her side as they physically connected with her, the hammering of her heart slowing slightly and she closed her eyes, trying to force herself to focus on her breathing. Their words sounded like they were coming at her from underwater.

She turned her head to push her face into Spirit's fur. It was easier to get herself under control when she was able to shut out everything else but the feeling, the scent of her brothers penning her in. The pressure on her sides was comforting, in it's own way. Gloom could not have said how long she stayed like that, getting her breathing under control, though it wouldn't return to a normal calmness it would become less hysterical and slowly, ever so slowly she pulled away from her brother, tipping her head back to search out Spirit's gaze, looking for a little last reassurance.

She couldn't look at Plague directly, but it wasn't meant to be rude, rather she was doing everything in her power to keep herself and her fears under control. She's tip her muzzle towards him, taking a few tries to get her voice to finally work. "I-if Void trusts you..." She didn't seem able to finish it but it was clear, despite her own struggles she trusted her brother, and would trust his judgement on this stranger.

"Speech"

Image by Madandcat
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Void

Loner

Advanced Fighter (90)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
KatG2

05-07-2021, 06:28 PM
Void stole a glance at Plague as he lowered his massive frame to the ground after a long moment of hesitation. Gloom relaxed ever so slightly as he and Spirit pressed against her sides, but he wasn’t sure he expected her to lift her head from their brother’s soft fur. Just as Void knew Plague to be the Ivory man spoke softly, bearing his heart to these wolves he’d never met. He wanted to help, and Void hoped his own love for him shined through for his siblings to accept the proximity to a stranger. Void looked up lovingly to Plague as he quieted, but turned his expression to Spirit.

His smaller brother nearly broke Void’s heart as he spoke up, trying to help alleviate Plague’s guilt while going on. As long as Plague didn’t take him away. Guilt flooded his heart, Plague knew how much he struggled with the emotion already. The man would do absolutely anything for his siblings, including making the man he loved wait.

”I trust him with my life, Gloom.” He assured her softly, deep voice echoing in his chest as he aimed to nuzzle her neck affectionately. His heart was thudding erratically in his chest, he didn’t know what he would do if he’d been denied this time with Plague. He was always torn between the search and Plague’s handsome features. He always chose his family first, but he wanted Plague so bad.

Plague

Loner

Master Fighter (270)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

05-08-2021, 05:50 PM

He watched the trio of Destruction siblings quietly, giving them all the time they needed to comfort one another and soothe each other's fears. He was in absolutely no hurry. He was here for them and he'd move slowly and carefully through their interactions if that's what it took. Anything for his Void. He smiled faintly to Spirit's assurances that it wasn't his fault. He knew that was probably true, but he couldn't help but feel that it was - especially when Spirit went on to plead with him to not take Void away from them. His ears flicked uncertainly as guilt tugged at his gut. That wasn't what he was doing today, quite the opposite in fact, but eventually...

No, he wouldn't steal Void. That's not what he wanted to do. Take some of his time, but not steal him completely. Another smile pulled at his features when Gloom began to calm slightly, her soft voice saying it was okay as long as Void trusted him. They really did depend on Void so heavily. It was something that he had known from how Void spoke of them, but seeing it in person was another thing entirely. He glanced toward Void when he assured his sister that he trusted him with his life, making Plague's gaze soften with his love for the speckled man.

"And I trust Void with mine," he commented softly, turning his attention back to his siblings again. He trusted Void with his life and his heart. He still didn't move from where he was laying, not wanting to move any closer to their personal space till they were ready for him to. "I'm sorry we had to meet under these circumstances... But Void has told me a lot about you both and I'm very happy that I've finally gotten to meet you," he told them, offering them both a warm smile. It hurt his heart to see them so timid and he wished there was more he could do to put them more at ease. Not just around him, but in general. He loved to teach and train and see others blossom. He didn't know if they would ever get to the point of trusting him enough to do any of that with him, but perhaps one day.

Spirit

Loner

Intermediate Healer (50)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

05-10-2021, 02:37 PM
Spirit wasn't sure how long it took Gloom to calm down, but likewise it didn't matter to him. He'd stay and lay against her for as long as she needed or required. He was no stranger to fear; no stranger to feeling overwhelmed and needing time to process things, far slower than others might. He understood her struggles and he'd be there for her through them all, there was no question about that. After everything he had gone through, losing his mother, his siblings were all he had left, and for them he'd do anything.

And though he was afraid, he wasn't quite as fearful as Gloom, though her reaction troubled him and made a bit of anxiety flare up in his chest. Losing Void felt like something that'd be unbearable to him. They couldn't find their missing sibling or mother without him, he truly believed that. The three of them needed to be together to repair their broken family, and he wouldn't accept Plague taking Void from them. Slowly, very slowly, Gloom spoke up and Void promised that he trusted him. That was all Spirit needed.

He tried to force an unsteady smile toward Plague, who had respected their need for togetherness without complaint, only speaking up when it was clear it was safe to. He appreciated that - his sister especially needed to be treated with caution and he wouldn't allow anyone to interact with her without them being aware and respectful of that. There weren't few things in life Spirit felt strongly about but he would fight tooth and nail for his sweet sister, he knew that with all his heart. "I-it's okay," he said softly. Things had to get worse before they got better, right? Spirit slowly unfurled himself from his position at Gloom's side but didn't fully loosen his grip on her. "A-all the help we can get is good. I'm starting to run out of ideas," he admitted cautiously. They could wander forever - and part of him wondered if things might be better that way, if the three of them might be happier living like this - but ultimately he knew probably wasn't what their future looked like.