gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
04-23-2021, 05:13 PM
Venom saw the hesitation in Plague during the sigil lesson Tox had called for the young ones. She had much of the same conflicting emotions inside, and her own faults and weaknesses were much more glaringly obvious now that she was a mother. She wanted to do and be her best for the babies that she brought into the world. Knowing her brother, and now Daimyo, struggled similarly, the woman wished to confer and console with him. They hadn’t spoken closely since before the challenge, and the Empress was determined to rectify the fact.

Her children had also taken quite the liking to him, he’d blossomed into the man he was always supposed to be. He was strong, but he was also gentle and patient with her young children. Venom didn’t realize how much she would love seeing her children and siblings together. More than his place in the pack and their family she wanted to check in much more personally. He seemed happier than ever, and though she wanted to couldn’t quite believe it was only victory in his rank.

White gloved paws pulled her towards the training grounds, almost certain she would find her brother here. Perhaps with little Ike, who had taken a special liking to her uncle. Dark ears perked forward as sunset gaze looked around in the twilight. ”Plague are you out here?” She asked through the shadows.
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Plague

Loner

Master Fighter (270)

Master Intellectual (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

Critical Block!The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterPride - GayMammoth Hunter
1KHalloween 2020 - Haunted House
04-23-2021, 05:48 PM

Plague slipped out of his armor and sat it off to the side against one of the pale trees along the edges of the training area with a satisfied sigh. He had spent most of the day helping any wolves that happened to come through the area with a bit of training - but paid special attention to his nieces and nephews. Being an uncle had brought out such an odd softness in him that he hadn't been expecting, but he was proud of all the progress they were making even while still being so young. There was still a very special place in his heart for little Ike and he'd have a hard time denying it if anyone ever accused him of playing favorites. She certainly got the majority of his attention during these little training sessions.

As the sun began to set, he had sent the pups away to go back to the dens before it got too dark and now he sat with a soft smile lingering on his lips as he watched Viridis and Procella playing in the middle of the training ring in front of him. Now that his challenge was over he had begun to split his time more and more with Void, but occasionally he forced himself to be here for a full day to do things like this and make sure he was still fulfilling his end of the bargain with being their Daimyo. The evening was quiet and peaceful and as much as he tried to keep his attention focused here his mind continued to wander to the milky way emblazoned man. It made him wish that Void was here with him now to enjoy this crisp evening together.

His ears perked with surprise when he heard his sister's voice calling for him, pulling his gaze away from the wrestling snow leopards as he looked out into the shadows of darkening forest for Venom's form. "Over here!" he called back to her, scanning the trees until she came into view. He gave her a soft smile and nodded to the spot beside him. "Would you like to join me?" He hadn't seen her since the sermon that Toxicity had led and had purposefully put the sigil lesson in the back of his mind so that he wouldn't have to address it, though he knew he would need to sooner rather than later. Once she was seated beside him he glanced back up at the sky where there stars had begun to reveal themselves. He was quiet for a moment, but eventually broke the silence as he asked softly, "Venom... Do I need to attend any more of Toxicity's lessons? How badly would my absence be felt?"

Plague | Viridis | Procella

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
04-24-2021, 06:43 AM
There wasn’t much activity here as the day wound down, though she knew her children were out here training. Most of the time they took their own initiative to practice and train in the times when they weren’t occupied by their parents. Those facts made her thankful for the large pack and family around her. They helped to raise up her little ones like she was unable to on her own. It was truly taking the whole pack helping in the upbringing of their young princes and princesses.

Venom didn’t miss, despite how busy she was, Plague’s missing presence on occasion. Not any point where she might have been needing him, but she knew not all of his time was here in Ashen. She would never criticize him and his decisions, she trusted him completely. He knew his responsibilities and she could rely on him no matter how he spent his time. That trust showed through now as she found him, hearing his voice the Empress moved forward to meet him.

Plague invited him beside her and Venom did not hesitate to take her place at his side. She smiled and leaned into his shoulder and the two of them peered into the endless starry sky above them. When he spoke again she couldn’t help the surprised chuckle that left her lips. Venom knew or at the least could guess, her brother’s hesitancy in the religion they followed.

”I appreciate your presence, but no one will force you to do anything.” She told him honestly. ”You’re feeling conflicted about it all, aren’t you?” Venom went on to ask softly, she didn’t want to press him but she was here if he wanted to talk about it.

Plague

Loner

Master Fighter (270)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

Critical Block!The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterPride - GayMammoth Hunter
04-24-2021, 02:10 PM

Even though he knew he would ultimately still attend the lessons just to show his support for his sisters and their children, it did at least comfort him a bit to know that there wouldn't be actual repercussions if he chose not to. When his sister questioned if he was feeling conflicted about their religion his ears flicked and he scoffed softly, though he couldn't bring himself to meet her gaze. Instead he kept his eyes on the stars above them while his mind continued to work and reel against itself. "It's gotten to the point where I spend more time in that conflict than I do actually finding any comfort or power in it," he told her after a few moments of silence, his voice quiet as he bared himself to her. He knew that she was the only one he could be this open with and let himself take advantage of this rare moment alone with her. The only other wolf that made him feel this comfortable was Void, but this wasn't a topic that he expected Void to understand. Venom was the only one that might be able to understand his concerns.

"I don't want to just... disregard everything we were taught or disrespect our father, but..." A frown pulled at his lips and his brow creased with thought. "I was listening to what Toxicity was saying and I didn't connect to any of it. All I felt was worry and doubt." He sighed and finally allowed himself to bring his gaze to Venom's as that uncertainty sang through in his emerald gaze. "I don't want to dedicate my life to these gods I can't see... I want to dedicate it to you and our family and... and Void. The man I love." He had mentioned his love to her once before, but it was the first time that he had let himself tell her Void's name and when he mentioned the wolf that he hoped would one day be his husband he couldn't keep the faint glimmer of a smile from flickering across his face. No one could make him happier.

"I already can't continue our bloodline - at least not in the way it is wished we would. I can't bring myself to put the gods above the wolves I care about. I... I can't convince myself that we're even descendants of a god. I don't feel any different from every other wolf I meet. If I am already doomed to 'fall from the ranks' and to not be able to 'ascend together' then... Why do I bother?" He pulled his gaze away from Venom's as he looked toward the ground, his jaw tense as he let all of the doubts he had been holding back go flooding out. "I barely even remember father," he added in a whisper, that fact paining him more than any of the others. It all had him feeling like he was adrift at sea just waiting for someone to throw him a life line.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

04-30-2021, 05:53 AM
Venom made herself comfortable beside her brother, she could feel the tension in him not just from the atmosphere around them. She leaned against him but didn’t press any further than she already had as the two of them were allowed a glimpse at the brilliant sky above. Venom was quiet as she let Plague speak, or not, he didn’t have to answer her. She wasn’t about to coerce his feelings into words, but he did speak. He went on and explained himself fully to her. He felt much more intimidated by it all than comforted by any part of their heritage. Venom didn’t speak yet but she felt similar, like any move she made would be criticized against. She would never forget the argument she shared with Toxicity after she falsely reported about Pastilence’s early demise and the disconnect it created between her and the religion they were born into.

She stole a glance at his features as he mentioned a name, finally and subtly admitting to the love that he had found. Despite all the worry that lived in his belly he still smiled softly at the mention of that wolf. Of course, the one he loved didn’t fit into the Abraxas narrative, he couldn’t bring more of their blood into the world with another male. There were ways around that hurdle but it wasn’t the point.

The young Empress leaned back against her brother as he quieted, ending with the admission that Archon’s features were lost to his memory. Venom aimed to nuzzle his cheek comfortingly, and offered a reassuring smile. ”The way I see it, there is no physical being that we can devote ourselves to. All of the prayers and ceremonies are nice and all, but what are they worth, what is the purpose beyond visuals. I think that your actions speak volumes louder than pomp and circumstance.” She tried to assure him. ”Devotion to family, and the one you love, what higher honor to the beyond is there than that?”

She loved Toxicity, and admired the devotion she showed, but she knew she would never reach her sister’s level. ”I don’t think there is a one size fits all course of life. Follow your heart, if there was anywhere a god would reside wouldn’t it be there?”

Plague

Loner

Master Fighter (270)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

04-30-2021, 10:58 PM

He knew Venom wouldn't condemn him for his doubts. The only wolf he was truly concerned about doing something that drastic would be Toxicity, but perhaps he could find a way to at least be able to go through the motions for her to keep her content. As long as Venom approved of him that was what he truly cared about. He naturally leaned into Venom's touch when she nuzzled his cheek, convincing him to bring his gaze back to hers. She brought a small smile to his lips as she commented on how there was no higher honor than devotion to family and the one he loved, appreciating that in a small way she still included Void in her reassurances.

The direction to follow his heart seemed like a much harder thing to do than it sounded, but when he thought about his life thus far, at least ever since he began working to earn his place back among the folds of his family, he realized that was exactly what he had been doing. He wanted to dedicate himself to Venom and the pack so he had fought to better himself until he was able to attain the highest rank he could earn. He loved Void so he did everything within his power to make it possible for them both to live their lives together without compromising on being with their families. None of it was easy. Every step of the way it had been difficult. But whenever it finally worked out in his favor it was beyond satisfying. It was like the greatest gift he could have possibly received.

He nuzzled into Venom's cheek in return, grateful that whenever he felt like he was losing sight of himself or where he was supposed to be she was always just around the corner to put him back on track. "What would I do without you?" he told her softly, chuckling to himself. He already knew the answer. He'd lack direction. He'd spin out of control. She kept him focused, gave him a purpose. He'd forever be grateful to her for that. Without her he'd have no reason to train or better himself or think himself worthy of someone like Void.

There was a moment of hesitation and thought before he told her, "I'm building a home for myself and Void. It's just outside of the border that faces the hot springs." He was sure she would find out eventually and he would rather it come from him rather than her noticing him going in and out of the pack lands or seeing how his current den had gone empty and wondering where he had gone. Not much went unnoticed by his Empress. "I know the pack has grown significantly with all of the children and we can't really support any more bodies at the moment so I won't ask that he joins our ranks, just that I'm allowed to live with him still within earshot of any calls that might be made. I wanted to make sure he was free to visit his siblings when he needed to as well. He's as dedicated to his family as we are to each other." It was one of the things that attracted him to the man in the first place.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

05-06-2021, 06:42 AM
Venom was grateful and more for Plague’s presence. He showed and proved his worth and his devotion to Ashen and herself. She would have sat with him a thousand times over to give her reassurances to him. She relied on him, he was an important part of the pack, not because of his name but because of the efforts he put forward to get to where he now stood. It was no easy task taking Hela’s place, but she knew if anyone could have it was her sibling. Plague could do anything he put his mind to, Venom realized all she needed to do was help push him in the right direction. She wanted to see him happy, she wanted to see him follow his heart.

He returned her nuzzle affectionately, and spoke softly as he wondered what he would do if he didn’t have her help. ”I don’t know, but I’m not sure what I’d do without you either.” She assured him. There had been a long struggle to get herself in this position, but the dream couldn't keep going without wolves like Plague. Her brother continued though, making sure to tell her the places his heart was leading him.

”I think that’s wonderful, Plague.” She encouraged him. ”Just make sure Ike and the rest of the kids are careful when they visit.” Venom teased him, but it wouldn’t be any surprise if the young ones tried to follow uncle Plague to his den outside the borders. ”You’re very sweet, Plague. I hope that he’s worthy of my amazing brother.”

Plague

Loner

Master Fighter (270)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

05-06-2021, 06:43 PM

It warmed his heart hearing his sister be so encouraging of his plans. He had been so nervous to even bring up the possibility of him falling in love with a man once upon a time and now here he was, building a space for them and preparing to make Void a permanent part of his life. He still had no idea how the rest of their family would react. If they were even just half as supportive as Venom then he could be content. He understood that it was an oddity in their family and certainly went against their way of life to say the least, but he had to follow his heart. He had no choice. Anything else would just mean misery and he wasn't willing to live that way any more.

He laughed and grinned when she spoke of the children following him out to his new den. Well, he was certain there would at least be one of them that would come find him out there at some point. "Don't you worry, I'll keep a close eye on them," he assured her. The pups of the pack had quickly become a big focus of his, though Venom's children were a little closer to his heart than the others and Ike in particular had really stolen his attention. He was sure Venom had noticed by now since he hadn't done a very good job at hiding his favoritism over the little princess.

His expression softened with a smile at his sister's complement. There weren't many that he would let see this softer, sweeter side of himself - Venom and Void making up much of that very exclusive group. "He is. He's everything I could have hoped for and more," he told her genuinely. It still amazed him that he and Void had only met by random chance and that chance meeting had grown into all of this. "I'd love for you to meet him," he added hopefully. He had gotten to meet what remained of Void's siblings and it only seemed right that Void begin meeting his in return. Venom's opinion was the only one that really mattered to him in truth, but he was certain he would continue steadily introducing Void as he continued to get a feel for how others reacted to the news. "I... I think I'm going to ask him to marry me." A slightly nervous grin pulled across his lips at the confession, chuckling softly at himself for how ridiculously excited and anxious he was at the idea.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

05-07-2021, 07:09 AM
Venom was happy for her brother, she wanted to see this joy in him. Having someone that made you happy was one of the greatest accomplishments of her life in the very least. Hattori was strong and serious, but he completed her. He made her smile and even if he sometimes couldn’t find the words she knew how he felt. The love they shared was more than just an easy relationship. They were devoted to each other as they were to the pack that they led. She felt like she had found the perfect wolf to be beside her, and she couldn’t help but think that Plague had done the same. His relationship was not conventional, nor smiled upon in abraxas culture. Her brother had found the one he loved though, and any other obstacle would be taken as they came.

Her thoughts shifted to one of their very first conversations about his path in life. The possibility of being unable to reproduce. She knew that Plague wouldn’t be bringing her any unplanned pregnancies with his man, but maybe one day they truly could contemplate some kind of surrogate for the pair of them. Even as Plague assured her about the children of Ashen she hoped that her brother would be able to be a father someday. For now she trusted him completely to keep her own brood safe, and even more she saw the love that he had for them and it made her heart swell.

Plague assured her that his man, Void, was worthy and more of being with him and Venom believed him. A wide grin brightened her features as he told her that he wanted them to meet. The young Empress nodded her head enthusiastically, if this man was so special to her brother she wanted to know him. Then he told her that he wanted to ask the man to marry him and Venom felt her own thrill go through her. Seeing her brother, who had worked so hard all of his life to get where he was now, find his happily ever after was enough to bring a huge grin to her serious features.

”Plague!” She offered excitedly, finding herself suddenly pulling him into a sweet embrace. ”I’ve been working on setting up a Summer festival. Would you like to have the ceremony as the main event?” She had tournaments and feasts in mind, but having a real reason to gather the Empire… Venom felt an excitement that didn’t often fill her chest.

Plague

Loner

Master Fighter (270)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

05-08-2021, 04:38 PM

He blinked surprise when Venom suddenly pulled him into an embrace, but her excitement was contagious and he found himself grinning widely as he brought his forelegs up around her to embrace her in return, a rumbling laugh leaving him. He truly had been beyond blessed to have Venom as a sister. Hearing her talk about the summer festival, suggesting that they not only hold the ceremony during it, but to have it be the main event of the whole affair... Emotion pulled at his heart and he held her a little tighter, hiding his face as he wrapped his head around behind her neck as he blinked away the tears that threatened to creep up on him.

"That would be wonderful, Venom. Thank you," he replied, another giddy laugh escaping him. "Now I just have to hope he says yes!" He had a strong feeling that Void would agree, but there was always that stray, lingering doubt that wormed its way into everything he did. He knew that the tug and strain between being dedicated to his siblings and the search for his missing family and also wanted to be with him had been tough on Plague so he could only hope that he'd be able to prove to Void that it would be worth every moment of heartache between now and when they would get to be joined together was worth it.

He lifted his head after holding his sister tight for another moment, bringing his gaze back to hers, that bright genuine smile still lingering on his muzzle. "Void's family is all part of Abaven. Do you think we could invite all of Abaven to the festival as well? The thought of losing their brother has been really hard on his siblings so I would love for them to be involved." Perhaps if he was able to show that they were joining their families together rather than stealing Void from them it could help Spirit and Gloom feel slightly better about the situation.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

05-08-2021, 05:58 PM
Plague’s arms wrapped around her just as she held him. The young Empress grinned and buried her face into his soft fur, feeling joyous at her brother’s happiness. She leaned into his embrace and savored the moment. She wasn’t sure how much excitement thrived in Ashen, most of the wolves here were serious in all they did, herself included. She looked forward to designated time for food, merriment, and congratulations. Plague was pledging his life to the one he loved, Venom wanted to celebrate that with him. She wasn’t sure she had ever seen her brother so happy.

Venom chuckled in return as he mentioned the man perhaps not saying yes. Venom shook her head, there was no way anyone could deny him. ”He will.” She assured her brother as she pulled away mostly so she could see the smile on his face. Plague’s grin was infectious and the young Empress smiled in return. He went on to explain about Void’s heritage and sought to invite the Eastern pack.

”We’ve a little bit of family there too. Aunt Samara and her family. Maybe another marriage is just what we’ve needed to help assure relations.” Not that she wanted this to be anything less than what Plague wanted, but the political aspect was convenient. ”I’m just so happy for you,” she followed up softly as she leaned forward to place an innocent kiss on his cheek. ”I’m here for anything you need.”