Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
04-23-2021, 09:37 PM

Once he was out of sight of Tamsyn he stopped, rubbing his eyes, and unsheathing a claw. He ran it down one toe with just enough pressure to break the skin, sucking in a soft breath. Using the pain to push away the horror and fear and sadness that had surfaced well he had spoken to his friend. After hearing her bid to tell Resin goodbye on her behalf. Those emotions wouldn’t help him any further.

He steeled himself, pushed back the emotions until his face was blank and his breath even. When he marched forward, it was with purpose. Heading into the dungeons, down into the damp stony earth, where the scent of Resin caught his nose. He let that lead him to her, to the cage she had chosen for herself. He leaned against the bars, forcing himself to look casual as he looked within. Forcing a light smirk on his muzzle. “Did you get lost looking for rats?” he asked the fearless hunter, the Alpha of lost souls. Wife. Friend. Mother.

"Speech"

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

Samhain 2022The Ooze Participant
04-25-2021, 08:57 AM

Resin knew that they wouldn't just let her rot and die in peace. The wolves that she loved were too stubborn for that. She hadn't been expecting to see Sirius, however. Someone must have sent for him. Most likely Tamsyn, she imagined. There was no jealousy in the thought. She was resigned to the fact that the dark woman would need someone. Resin couldn't be there for her, but someone had to be.

As the striped man entered the lowest level of the castle and placed himself against the bars, he commented drily. A low chuckle would sound from the cold darkness of the cell. "Trying to rid my mind of rats, if anything." Sound carried in such an empty place and so neither of them needed to speak loudly. The scarred woman peeled herself from the pallet of furs and moved forward towards the bars. She was very much herself at the moment, though she felt different than usual. In a way, it was as though her mind felt loose. It slid this way and that. Her grasp of it wasn't as firm as it used to be.

"What's the occasion?" Resin seated herself on the other side of the bars, though she was careful not to touch Sirius. She hadn't been a big toucher before, but she was being extra careful now.

"Resin"
[Image: GreYdcM.gif]

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
04-27-2021, 12:01 AM

The chuckle warmed him in places he hadn’t realised had chilled since he had heard the news. The pieces of his heart that had frozen in fear. He knew it was only a false glimmer of hope - she wouldn’t be down here otherwise. Still, he could see her again, and recognise her as the wolf he had come to love as a mother.

She came closer, the scarred, familiar woman. The sight of her hurt his heart, but he kept his casual pose. She came close to the bars, but not enough so to touch. Sirius leaned a little more forward, and blew in the direction of her nose - as through chasing out cobwebs.

At her question, he raised a brow. Mock hurt flashing across his face. “You don’t remember? It’s my birthday.” He was definitely pulling her tail. It hurt too much to speak of her scarring of Tamsyn, of her degrading mind. Of the pain in her kids faces. He turned to humor to keep them both sane, if just for a moment longer.

"Speech"

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

04-29-2021, 11:18 PM

The grey and black fae rolled her singular eye at the mans jest. She knew damn well that it wasn't his birthday. ...Didn't she? He wouldn't have come here for that anyway. The humor died away a moment later. "You saw what I did to Tamsyn. I can't be trusted anymore." She cut right to the chase. There was no way that she would leave this cell. Others may not want her here, but she knew exactly what she was capable of. "I can't risk losing myself again with others near. If I harmed or killed on of my children..." she let the statement hang in the air. She had wanted to kill Tamsyn. She would want to kill whoever crossed her path if it happened again.

"Luta has been working on tinctures and other things to keep me calm, but it's only temporary." She hadn't spoken so much in her life, it felt like. Usually, Resin was a stoic, quiet fae. This, however, felt as though it needed to be said. It felt as though each conversation would be the last that she would have before she lost her mind entirely.

Raising one paw, the old wolf kneaded her brow as though a pain had formed, which it had. "I'm losing myself. Even now I can feel it. My mind is... thin." She didn't know how else to explain it. Like the thin membrane between a hide and the meat beneath, she felt as though her mind could tear at any moment.

"Resin"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

04-29-2021, 11:29 PM

He leaned more heavily against the cell as she turned the conversation down a more serious path. “I know Resin, I know.” He said softly. He wasn’t a healer, he didn’t know enough about injuries in the brain. The best healers were on her case, and they were all hanging their heads in sorrow.

Never in a hundred years would she have struck at Tamsyn if she had any control over herself. His throat constricted, watching her face down her own doom with stoic certainty. He didn’t know any wolf stronger than Resin.

“That’s why I’m here. I’m training with Tamsyn, getting her confidence back up. I’ll guard your cell, and be nearby if you need anything. I’m here for you Resin, like you were for me.”

He swallowed, and put a paw on the bars, looking at the quiet, dark wolf within. “I know it doesn't need to be said, but I’m going to go ahead and say it anyway. You became a mother to me, and I love you. I love those that you love, and will do anything in my power to protect them.”

"Speech"

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

04-29-2021, 11:39 PM

Sirius explained that he was here to train with Tamsyn. To get her confidence up again. No doubt the attack had done a number on the white marked fae. She felt guilt thick as sludge in her veins. There was no undoing the past, however. She had to eat that guilt and continue on. Though she was locked up, Resin refused to give up. She would fight her own mind until the very last moment just like she'd done her entire life.

The next words out of the man's mouth had the masked fae's brows drawing together. Despite his size, Sirius was a sentimental man. He expressed his love for her and hers and promised to do what he could for her family. Resin found herself stepping forward. She reached through the bars and pressed her forehead against his as was her way. "Then keep me away from them, Sirius. Let them remember me as I was, not as I will become." By the end, she would no doubt me a mindless beast. Perhaps it wouldn't all be violence. Perhaps, in the end, she would be a quivering ball of fear and confusion. Either way, she would no longer be Resin. Her family didn't deserve to see her like that. No one did.

"Resin"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

04-29-2021, 11:48 PM

He held still as she came closer, and let his eyes slid closed for a moment as she pressed her forehead against his. He knew it for what it was, an expression of love. A part of him still held out hope for a miracle, for someone to find an answer that would save her. He knew he couldn’t hold his breath, but hope was a hard thing to destroy.

“I will do what I can, you have my promise, Mother.” he said softly, eyes still closed. It was getting harder to hold his composure. He reached a paw through the bars, and rested it upon her broad shoulder. Despite her quiet, Resin had always held a presence. He felt it even now. A reminder of who she was - well she could still be that wolf.

"Speech"

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

04-30-2021, 12:01 AM

With the promise that Sirius would do all that he was able to do to keep her family safe from her, she nodded. "Thank you." What else was there to say? She could acknowledge his calling her mother, but she had always seen him as family. From the moment that Iolaire had claimed him, he had become hers as well. Just as he was possessive and saw wolves as his, so too did Resin. A dusty blue tongue protruded, swiping between the man's eyes and up his forehead as though he was a pup. The motherly kiss should have said it all.

The paw upon her shoulder was met with another nod. At present she was herself. They could have this conversation as though everything was fine. There was no telling when or how deeply the next episode would take her, so she would cling to this moment of clarity while she could. "Should Iolaire ever return, don't let her leave again." She had a bad feeling about her daughter, though she couldn't quite put her paw on it. They hadn't received word from Io or her husband in a while. "Artorias is going to be a great warrior," she mused. "And Rudyard is going to be a great hunter." A bit of pain flashed behind her missing eye. "Gwyn is already an accomplished healer and Oxx..." She furrowed her brow a bit. No. Oxx was gone. Dead and gone. "You know that my children were killed. Their father lost his mind. I fear the same is happening to me." She wouldn't kill her children though, would she?

"Resin"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

04-30-2021, 12:10 AM

He felt the gentle kiss up on his nose, and fought the burning in his eyes. He would not cheapen this moment with tears. He would hold onto the stoic visage that Resin boosted, and reflect it in his own. “I did not want to let her go in the first place.” He said in all honesty, but if her own dying mother wished her to stay, Sirius would find a way to convince her if she ever did return and then try to leave again. Oh, how he wished Io was there. Would she not get the chance to say goodbye to her mother?

“Art will be a fantastic warrior, and I will help him along his path.” he promised softly. “Rudyard and Gwyen, too.”

He knew her fears, he understood them. He would feel the same. “I won't let you, Resin. No matter what happens, I won't let you hurt another wolf you love. I promise it on my life.”

"Speech"

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

04-30-2021, 12:17 AM

Resin smiled and nodded at his promise to keep Io safe and to help the pups. Gods, was she tired. "Feeling a little fuzzy," she admitted, her brow furrowing. "Might be good to sleep." The pain continued its rhythmic stabbing behind her missing eye. Peeling herself away from the bars and the man on the other side, Resin dissolved back into the shadows, stepping up onto the fur covered pallet to lay down.

The woman buried her face in the skins, but she couldn't sleep. Not right away. Fear bit at her mind. It was as though she could feel tiny parts of herself breaking away like the ash from a fire. Once wood was burnt and turned to ash, it could never become wood again. That's what was happening to her. She was slowly burning up. Soon, she would be nothing but ash.

"Resin"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

04-30-2021, 03:14 PM

She pulled away from him, exhausted beyond belief. He could see it in her yellow eye. “Then sleep” the Warlord agreed softly, leaning heavily against the bars, and letting the momentum carry him to the floor.

“Sleep. I’m not going anywhere.” He promised her. He intended to stay with the Hallows for as long as he was needed. For as long as Resin needed him. He would stay in the dungeons with her, to stay close to her and keep an eye on everything. He would train with Tam, and help the kids. He would be a poor substitute for Resin, but he would do what he could.

"Speech"