size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Spooky CaveBeevent
05-01-2021, 06:48 PM

Naiche had thought Sirius might want the rest of the day to himself.  Apparently, the warlord though had matters to discuss.  Whether those matters were in relation to his mourning for Zee or pack duties Naiche could only imagine.  Whatever it was Naiche would do his best to assist.  Naiche had never lost a mate but recalled his own parent's death and even more, he imagined when Naiche had thought Asla would potentially die.  The gold-toned wolf couldn’t imagine exactly how Sirius was handling his loss but Naiche could imagine at least how it would affect him.

Naiche made his way to where he had heard Sirius howl.  His face remained solemn.  There was no sign of pity or comfort in the wolf as Naiche wasn’t the best to express those matters and really would Sirius want that from him right now?  Naiche imagined loved ones dead and could feel an inner anger that would burn at such a thing.  He would want things to kill.  Hadn’t Sirius wanted the same when he had seen his child injured badly?  Yes as Naiche approached and stood before Sirius the armada general imagined rage burned in the warlord's heart.

Speech:"Live to fight" Think

[Image: WE5CTgt.png]

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
05-01-2021, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 07:07 PM by Sirius. Edited 1 time in total.)

It was growing late by the time he had given the pack and his family the time they needed. He was about ready to find a hole to crawl into to sleep away the day. He had been awake since… what, the day before? The day before that? He couldn’t recall how many days had blended together in the madness of looking for and finding his Wife.

His Wife

There was a word for what he was now, wasn’t there? A widow. He shook away the thought with a growl, just as the brightly toned yellow wolf made his way towards the Warlord. He had almost forgotten he had requested a meeting with his General. The aching tiredness was seeping into his bones. He rubbed an eye with a paw before wiping away any lingering sign of sorrow on his face, and turned to face the wolf.

“Naiche, thank you.” he said gruffly. “I have a lot to sort out in the next few days. I will be taking Tamsyn down to the Hallows today to return her to her pack, and I will return the next day. In the meanwhile - Asla is in charge of the pack, and I want you to keep an eye on my kids. I know your role as ‘General’ isn't a babysitter, but I don’t trust their safety lightly. Keep an eye on them, and if they need some hugs, just… put up with it for a day, you hear?” Naiche had never struck him as an overly cuddly wolf, but his third in charge could suck it up for a day for the good of the pack.

"Speech"

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

05-01-2021, 08:03 PM

There had been several things Naiche had thought up as possibilities for what Sirius had to tell him.  Babysitting was indeed not on the list.  Weren’t the kids a good year of age by now?  Couldn’t they take care of themselves?  There was a hint of surprise on his features but Naiche was in his formal mode which helped hide the fullness of his shock.  Naiche reminded himself that his parents had been overprotective also and it wasn’t till alone that he had learned the need to take care of himself and harden his heart on loss.  Maybe if he had stayed naïve a yearling would still seem puppyish in his eyes also.  Not that any of this mattered.  What Sirius wanted is what Sirius got in regards to Naiche's duties.

“Of course.” Not that the kids all kept close together and certainly Sirius wasn’t hovering over them every moment of the day.  Naiche would just have to let all the kids know to call on him if they needed anything whether comfort or protection.  Comforting? That was going to be awkward.  Naiche imagined he’d be a horrible father if he ever had pups.  At least these kids were a year old so more mature than when first exploring.  Wait until he told Asla his assignment for a day was going to be pup sitting and to offer comfort where needed.  That idea was the richest and if she laughed he wouldn’t blame her.

“I’ll make sure to stay where I can get to any of them fast if they call.”  Not like Sirius expected Naiche to be multiple places at once.  “and if they need to talk I can listen.” That much at least he could do.  Really Naiche was fine at listening, it just meant staying quiet and letting the other wolf talk.  “Or hugs, whatever they need.”  Hell hath no fury like an angry father if something happened to his kids?  Not when the daddy was Sirius.  

"Speech"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
05-01-2021, 08:25 PM

Naiche always fell quickly into line. He had come to appreciate and lean on the green-wolf. Now, more than ever, he knew he needed to ensure structure in the pack. Asla had been taking on more leadership well he had been helping out in the Hallows. She could continue to do so for a little while longer. Together, Asla and Naiche would ensure patrols were met, and they were on top of supplies.

Not that Sirius would be neglecting his duties for long, but he had a long list of things to get to. Of course, the idea of Naiche getting bombarded by hugs from five kids was also hilarious and he needed any bit of humor he could get. Force emotional love on Naiche and the kids, and then if something happened to the Warlord, there would be a structure in place for them. That thought darkened his mood again, and he clapped Naiche on his back. “If anyone touches the kids, go for the head. No mercy.” He almost hoped someone did attack the Armada. The need to kill something was never far from his thoughts.

"Speech"

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

05-01-2021, 08:57 PM

Naiche found nothing amusing in his temporary role.  The only good news was it is temporary.  He would do it of course and, to the best of his ability.  Sirius last command was an easy one though.  Naiche preferred fights that enjoyed blood.  He also felt fierce anger when anyone he labeled as family or pack got hurt.  He was more than capable of killing anyone who hurt the kids.  Naiche didn’t care who it was or how dangerous they were, they would still die.

“If anyone attempts to harm your children I guarantee their death.”  Naiche had limits to his ability of course but, if the need arose he’d find a way to get done what needed to be.  “Just take care of Tam and,” a moment's pause for the words to stand out, “take care of yourself.”  The words were straightforward.  There was again no sign of pity, sympathy, or fear for Sirius.  Naiche was concerned for him but let a wolf show how he felt by actions instead of any empty words.

"Naiche"
[Image: WE5CTgt.png]

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-01-2021, 10:28 PM
I can't destroy what isn't there
Sirius nodded, knowing the truth in Naiches words. He had watched Naiche grow from yearling to wolf under the Armada. His loyalty had been absolute in that time, and his drive to become a solid fighter was undeniable. “Your a good man, Naiche” He said, in a rare moment of sentiment.

“You too, Naiche, you too.” He said quietly. In his leaps from sorrow to rage, he was definitely feeling the former at the moment. More things to do, his day was not yet done. He gave the other wolf a nod, and moved to leave. The kids were in good hands

-Exit unless stopped-

"Speech"