Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Creed

05-16-2021, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2021, 05:44 PM by Valor I. Edited 1 time in total.)

I was always told I can be what I wanna be

Valor drew ever closer to Celestial's old lands. His journey had been slow and it had taken a lot of pep talk to make it this far. He wasn't one to shy away from too much, but after having not seen his family for so long he was scared of what he'd find. Sirius had told him that there was a pack called Valhalla now. It rang bells in his mind, but he knew better than to get his hopes up. Just because the name was the same as the stories his father had told him didn't mean that his siblings would still be around. Even with his pessimistic mind set, he was still hopeful. Hopeful for the glimpse of his family and the reminder of their parents. It seemed so long ago since they'd passed. They'd become a fuzzy memory in his head. He could barely remember what Creed sounded like, much less his mother. Life was too fleeting and finite, he'd realized after dealing with so much loss, that he was unwilling to deal with any more. Getting there and finding them dead or gone was his biggest concern. He wasn't sure he could handle it.

He had stopped to rest at the oasis. He remembered the place previously from where Creed would bring him. On hot summer days with no other water in sight it was often a godsend to any animal trapped in the desert. He stopped by, glad to see it wasn't completely frozen over, before taking a long drink. His mind wandered constantly as he finished and sat by the oasis. It was strange the way his life had gone. He hadn't even realized he'd ever return to Boreas, content to live the rest of his life by his mates side. The longing he felt for her hadn't dissipated a day since she'd died. It left a hole in his chest that ached constantly with no relief in sight.

He wasn't sure how long he'd sat by the oasis, lost in thought, but before he knew it the day had gotten older and the winds a little chillier as the evening settled in. He had some time before dark, but he imagined it was too late in the day to make his way to Valhalla. He could have made it in time earlier, but procrastination had been the only thing on his mind. He needed another night to steel himself at whatever was about to greet him. Friendly faces of his family or confused strangers glances? He wasn't sure.

With the night closing in he pulled out the flint and steel he'd found a while ago. Gossamer's training hadn't gone forgotten and he quickly pulled together some tinder and scraps of wood from the surrounding trees to make a fire. It still took a long while if striking the flint and steel together, wolves mouths not necessarily made for that kind of work, before a spark finally flew and landed on the tinder. He dropped the flint and gently blew on the sparks until they turned into flames. From there he gently added more wood until he had a small fire going. Content that he wasn't going to spend the night cold he bedded down and laid his head on his paws with a sigh. It was going to be a long night.

word count: 559
total: 559/1500

No one ever said your dreams are always out of reach

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: AXsoNeI.png]
[Image: valor_by_centipedle-dah2lmt.png][Image: moegmmY.png]

Aslaug

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

BeeventGold Medal 2020
05-16-2021, 09:19 PM

Aslaug's days were, as usual, hunting and learning more about what Aurielle started to teach her, about writing. A skill she wanted to learn more from, as with anything that brought interest from her, something that even after being away from her parents and sister was as fresh as always. Of course, she sometimes missed them, missed her time with them, she missed the adventures she got herself with Elba, and many more things.

She walked near the Oasis, looking for prey to hunt for her pack. She often felt interested in bringing exotic meat, wanting to give her family a variety of meals, and she enjoyed doing this.

The time went flying as the night quickly took over, and she was a bit far from home. Dangerous as it could be to go alone in the dark she hopped to pass the night here, just for this time. Slowly she aimed to look for a place to sleep safely. There's when her blue and green eyes felt into a light ahead, a fireplace.

She could have left whoever did that be but she had no other choice. Slowly with ears pinned and a respectful way she approached announcing her presence with a whimper. "Greeting good sir. I hope you have had a good day today. My name is Aslaug Adravendi and I was wondering if I could pass the night here? I promise I won't bring too much of a bother, Ill leave by sunrise..." Her voice sounded a bit nervous but straight to the point, doing her best to not sound rude.

WC- 264

"Speak"