Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - Lesbian
06-07-2021, 12:52 PM

For all the girl's usual surety in herself and her identity Faith was wavering in her namesake. Not in her faith in God, no she was as devoted to him as she had been the first time she'd absorbed his wonder through her mother's first lesson... maybe even more so as she clung desperately to her connection with the fallen god as she struggled with her own self-assuredness. The voices and images were stronger and more frequent every day and while she had grown used to ignoring them she had started to wonder if she was cursed in such a way as a punishment.

It was honestly keeping her down. But Faith wasn't really sure if she could ask for help... what if she sought out her mother and she turned on her? What if it turned out these visions that plagued her were a sign she was forsaken by god? What would she do? Who would she even be?
"Speech"

Faith sometimes has visions (auditory and/or visual), she may react to them. They are not perceptible to others.
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Toxicity

Loner

Expert Intellectual (150)

Master Fighter (280)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Pride - AsexualValentines 2020VolcanoDream Weaver
Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
06-07-2021, 04:37 PM

Tox's pups were growing well and had made moved on their own as they slowly came to fill out their lanky bodies, even if not completely yet. The time always slipped away in these precious moments, so Tox set aside time for each of her children. Currently, it was Faith's turn. She came to her large, blue-crested daughter and called out to her softly. The girl seemed lost in her own thoughts and Toxicity could sympathize with that fully. She settled near her daughter and cast her a soft, mismatched glance.

"Tell me, my Faith, what is it you focus so keenly on?"

""

Faith

Loner

Beginner Intellectual (0)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - Lesbian
07-21-2021, 04:37 PM

Faith was quickly becoming the clear winner of her siblings in terms of height, she figured that out of all of them she would be the only one to be able to look eye to eye to her mother though both Modesty and Pont weren't much smaller than herself. This was drawn into stark reality as Toxicity approached, shaking Faith from her brooding. She blinked, the light pulsing of her markings offering a slight soft glow to the whole thing.

The question her mother aimed at her caused a flood of emotions to stir in Faith's chest and the girl had to take a deep breath to keep herself from breaking down at the simple prompting. The girl was determined to embody god's grace in all things and her emotions felt so very very... mortal. She didn't think it was shameful to have them but there was some fear in showing this kind of weakness in front of her mother, not for fear of her mother but due to Faith's own sense of self, she feared her mother could tear that all down simply by letting her indulge in her own mortal emotions. But she also couldn't deny her...

"I- " She attempted to speak, a false start catching in her throat. Faith closed her eyes for a moment, took a deep breath and tried again: "I've been afflicted with doubts as of late." Her dual-toned gaze was on her blue-toned paws, sliding her eyes slightly towards her mother but not yet able to bring herself to meet her gaze. "I have noticed for some time that... well that I notice things others do not. Voices... sometimes images... and no one else seems to notice them." At first she had never suspected that she was any different than anyone else. "For a long time I tried to ignore them, and I still can a lot of the time but sometimes they're so loud." Her voice pitched into a whisper and she ducked her head as if she was fighting against the noise right now, though it was almost deafeningly quiet as if to make a fool of herself right now.

"Recently... recently they've made me scared." Faith tried and failed to keep her voice from shaking as she slowly lifted herself back up again, sliding her gaze up, searching, searching, searching for her mother, her comfort. "What if this is a sign? What if God is punishing me... or rejecting me?"

"Speech"

Faith sometimes has visions (auditory and/or visual), she may react to them. They are not perceptible to others.
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Toxicity

Loner

Expert Intellectual (150)

Master Fighter (280)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Pride - AsexualValentines 2020VolcanoDream Weaver
Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
07-26-2021, 07:33 PM
Toxicity took the time to listen to her daughter over her doubts. She wrapped the large girl in her tail. Hearing voices was no small thing, and it could really be anything. "Tell me, what do you see? What do they say?" She nuzzled the child, trying to ease her pain and worry. It could be hard when you were different from the rest, but each of the pups were already so unique and individual. Tox remembered when she started to take religion more seriously, even though her other siblings never quite did. She remembered how elated she felt when she thought, for a brief moment, that Venom understood her and how heartbroken she was when her sister took that hope away. "God has no reason to reject you. nor punish you- you have done no wrong. Tell me of these afflictions, perhaps I can help you to sort them."

Faith

Loner

Beginner Intellectual (0)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Lolaf

07-28-2021, 11:02 AM

The warmth of her mother's contact was a balm to her anxiety, though she still was worried that her mother would recoil from her revelation the logical part of her mind that had never known her mother to be so callous, of course, she did not know of the sibling she'd lost, was able to return to the front of her mind. But that did not make the words she spoke any easier and even despite her mother's comforting words Faith wasn't so sure.

She was prompted to explain what she'd seen or heard and Faith swallowed hard, her voice wavering slightly when she finally did speak. "Frequently it's just movements like a wolf walking past the corner of my eye, or whispers so soft I cannot make them out or single words, but sometimes they are more like someone is talking to me right beside me, sometimes in the language of the gods... " She trailed off for a moment and cast a glance at her paws, using a claw to draw a quick, crude version of her sigil in the dirt, the guilt plain in her tone and on her face as she continued: "And I traced my sigil over an image that appeared in the ground before me..." It felt wrong to admit it like she was admitting her whole sense of self and faith was a lie.

"Speech"