gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
06-01-2021, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2021, 08:50 PM by Rudyard. Edited 1 time in total.)

Rudy found the trek to Ashen versus his last round traveling much more peaceful and relaxing.  It was supposed to be Art who had the urge to travel but during their trip, Rudy had felt the same urge.  Now they were in the Ashen pack with all manner of wolves from a variety of packs here.  His attention had scattered all over wanting to check out everything.

All too soon it was his turn to fight.  The moment he stepped forward to fight though his prior distractions vanished and he grinned eagerly at his enemy.  Soon she would fail and Rudy would be victorious.  This one was similar in size to his brother, a bit smaller so nothing new there and similar build but that was their only similarities.  Her color scheme was considerably different and stood out a lot.

Rudy gave the wolf a charming grin, “Hey, after I beat you let's be friends.” With that said he ran in to start the fight.  Rudy ran forward, aiming to get in close before attempting to bite at the side of her face.  Everyone went for the neck most of the time, hopefully, she’d see that also and not expect the bite around the cheek.  His attempt to get in close was simply to keep her from charging and ramming into him.

Rudyard vs Relm for Spar
Round 1/2
Size: Large
Build: Medium
Skills: Expert Fighter & Advanced Hunter
Specialty: N/A

Rudyard Carpathius

Relm

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teeth
Pride - BisexualMammoth Hunter1KCritical Fail!
06-01-2021, 09:19 PM

Lost Inside My Head I Open Up The Door
Step Right Off The Ledge Into The Abyss

Relm faced who she had been paired with and tuned out the other noises in the background. She had to admit that having all of these wolves around was overwhelming. She felt a little claustrophobic considering she didn't really like to be touched other than when in battle. No one was so close to bump into her, but that's how she felt and her nerves were on edge. At least she could tune them out for this moment, because this was her favorite part.

The boy seemed to be interested in being friends or something, maybe he was joking. Relm didn't care either way. She returned his charming grin with her own nearly wicked grin of interest, "I don't think you will find me very friendly." It was a joke as she had learned the behavior from her father, not that she would acknowledge. But also, she wasn't that great at making friends anyway so there was that tint of truth in her words. Not that the male would know.

By the time the boy chose the side he was going for, it was too late for Relm to advert him to her good side. Though she always liked a challenge, and it would be just another learning experience. She moved her face away slightly, but not enough as Rudyard grabbed hold of her cheek as he had planned, she did prefer the pain of a bite so she was getting what she wanted out of this at least. He may have thought going for her cheek rather than he neck was smart, but usually Relm had a large, spiked collar so if she was in a fight, most wolves would avoid that area from the risk of losing an eye. He was just lucky with what side he picked.

Relm dropped her weight into her side in hopes to pull the boy's grasp on her off of her face, and she then aimed to take her own bite around the bone of the front of his right shoulder blade. If she could grab a hold of anything she typically wasn't very gentle. Dragging her teeth across someone's flesh was actually something she believed, or hoped that everyone wanted. It's what she wanted after all.

Walk "Talk"

Relm vs Rudyard for Spar (Tournament)
Round 1/2

Size: Extra Large
Disability: Partial Blindness - Moderate
Skills: Advanced Fighter & Expert Intellectual

Rudyard

Loner
High Councilor

Master Fighter (245)

Expert Hunter (230)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Trophy Hunter Trophy Hunter

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

06-02-2021, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 06:11 PM by Rudyard. Edited 1 time in total.)

Rudy had meant to be friendly but he also hadn’t wasted time in pondering her response.  There was time to find the perfect counter after he won this fight.  Grand visions of course had run through his mind since they arrived.  Considering he didn’t know anything about Relm and if he’d ever see her again it probably didn’t matter.

Rudy felt satisfaction when he got hold of her cheek.  Rudy hadn’t caught onto the fact she was blind in an eye to realizing he’d had an advantage.  Either way, before he could get another good shot in she had shifted her weight and while Rudy bit down more he still lost his grip with a distracting thought of hoping he hadn’t hurt her with the last bite as she pulled away.

He wasn’t worried too long as his leg tried to jerk back before Relm could get a good bite in. Her teeth got through flesh and where she might have even got the bone he jerked away to avoid that unfortunately, his quick motion did help her get in a decent size gash.  Rudy lunged up and going for a much more classic attempt to shove his weight into her shoulder, bite the neck and try to push her down.  She was larger but if he managed to get her to lose her balance it wouldn’t matter.

Rudyard vs Relm for Spar
Round 2/2
Size: Large
Skills: Expert Fighter & Advanced Hunter
Specialty: N/A

Rudyard Carpathius

Relm

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teeth
06-03-2021, 07:09 PM

Lost Inside My Head I Open Up The Door
Step Right Off The Ledge Into The Abyss

Rudyard came back with a shove and a bite to her scruff. She couldn't complain, at least he was willing to put down his teeth. It was more exciting that way. Maybe it even seemed like she was moving into his attacks, but either way it was a good challenge to do so. One day it probably wouldn't be that great of a decision, she could lose an eye or something. Hopefully the non-functioning one.

Rudyard tried to push Relm down to the ground, but she held strong at least for now with her paws holding well underneath of her. He still had an upper hand on her for now, and the only counter she had in mind that she went for was another aimed bite this time around his foreleg on the same side she had just attacked his shoulder blade. She was at least low enough to get a good aim, and hopefully the weight that he had pressed on her with his own body would be enough to hold them both steady in order to be successful.

Walk "Talk"

Relm vs Rudyard for Spar (Tournament)
Round 2/2

Size: Extra Large
Disability: Partial Blindness - Moderate
Skills: Advanced Fighter & Expert Intellectual

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
06-06-2021, 12:45 PM

And the winner is...

Relm

Rudyard must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Rudyard :
Rolls: 38, 36, 29, 86
Adjusted rolls: 45.6, 37.8, 29, 86
Total: 238.08

Relm:
Rolls: 91, 29, 72, 79
Adjusted rolls: 95.55, 30.45, 72, 94.8
Total: 292.80

Rudyard

Loner
High Councilor

Master Fighter (245)

Expert Hunter (230)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Trophy Hunter Trophy Hunter

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

06-08-2021, 09:23 PM

Rudy had pushed in his weight but with no success of getting her to fall.  In the same moment, he had been perfectly close for her to take advantage and bite into his leg.  It already hurt from the earlier gash in it and the leg ignored his wishes.  Suddenly where he had felt balanced his leg ignored his commands and caused him to stumble and found his leg fall out from under him.  

Rudy let out an exhale as he ended up on the ground.  How irritating!  In a tournament surrounded by other wolves and he lost in the first round!  Rudy took a second to make a quick assessment of how his leg felt and decided it was just pain without any damage done to bone or other more serious things.  He’d bleed a bit but no way that would stop him from having fun at a festival.

Rudy got back to his feet with a nod at Relm to acknowledge his loss.  A crooked smile formed, “Yup, knew you’d make a good friend.”  Maybe later he’d try to get to know her better or maybe not.  There were a lot of wolves to get to know and now that he’d lost all the more time to snoop around.

Rudyard Carpathius

Relm

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Chrono I

06-09-2021, 12:21 PM

What Do You Want From Me?
Why Don't You Run From Me?

The boy seemed injured enough from her bites to call it, so she would back off from him. He tested out his leg for a second, Relm wouldn't end the smirk on her face. "I guess you weren't all that bad." She responded, but she still wasn't all about being friends with him. She was a tough crowd herself. She may not have bumped heads with a lot of others, but she didn't necessarily call everyone she met a friend. Though she would always be willing to fight him again had he offered. "Suppose we could go again some other time, but don't expect to win." As was her nature, it was in a joking manor but Relm was also serious about winning. She didn't like to be a loser for sure, and she wasn't a prissy little princess on top of that. She moved on to wait for her next opponent to be called.

Walk "Talk"

What Are You Wondering?
What Do You Know?