size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

Dream Weaver1KThe Ooze Participant
06-21-2021, 04:59 PM
The golden ball of fluff crawled his way through a thick patch of grass in the plains, almost too small and light to even force his way through, but he managed. The den was just a few feet behind him so it wasn't like he couldn't just call for help if he needed it, but he didn't want to! He was gonna be tough and awesome like his parents! He giggled his way through this patch of grass until he fell out on the other side, tumbling head over heels before landing on his back with a "oof!" The squirrel he had been trying to sneak up on spotted his very obvious and clumsy entrance and immediately ran up the closest tree.

Arc scrambled back to his paws and gave himself a shake, his fluffy puppy fur sticking up in all directions. He scowled up the tree at the squirrel that was now sitting up on a branch above him. With a huff he stomped over to the trunk of the tree and then reached up, sticking his claws into the bark. If it could climb maybe he could too? He got far enough to get all four of his paws on the tree with his sharp claws dug into the bark, but he couldn't quite figure out how he could get his claws back out of the bark again. His dark ears flicked back as his irritated scowl deepened, tugging and pulling his paws away from the tree to try and get free - which of course ended up with him falling onto his back again. He huffed and pouted up at the squirrel, sticking his tongue out at the dumb little animal thing.

"Arcturus Fatalis"

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Spooky CaveBeevent
06-21-2021, 05:21 PM

Naiche had been on the way to see his pups.  There was no such thing as a day he didn’t drop by to see Asla and the kids, to see his kid.  So while he had planned to see them at the den he instead paused as he spotted a bunch of fur attached to a tree.  The golden wolf slowed from a lope to walk over towards tree and Arc with a smirk of amusement on his features.  His eyes went from his stuck son up to the most likely cause of the antics – a squirrel.

Naiche sat down next to where his son was but didn’t give aid at first.  “Hey son,” Naiche put his head against the tree close to the boy, “So what sort of game is this? Or are we training at tree climbing?”  Naiche would be all to quick to save the boy if needed but did Arc even want saving or to work it out on his own?  Naiche wasn’t about to suggest he give up on the task set before him.  If the boy turned out anything like him or Asla Arc better know how to take care of himself and not just for family pride.  The boy would find a mound of trouble as he grew up most likely.

"Naiche"
[Image: WE5CTgt.png]

Arcturus

Obscura
Falconer

Master Fighter (260)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

06-23-2021, 02:51 PM
Stubborn as ever, he rolled back to his feet and shook himself off, now absolutely determined to get to the darn squirrel now that it had made him look silly! But of course, just as he began trying to climb the tree again, he heard his father's voice and when he looked toward the sound he came nose to nose with Naiche. He grinned and dislodged himself from the tree again, landing back on his paws in front of his dad. "Hey, dad!" When questioned about what kind of game this was or if he was training to climb trees, Arc lifted a white dipped paw to point up at the squirrel who was now sitting on a branch, ignoring the two silly wolves and their antics, clearly not bothered at all by them or their presence.

"I was tryin to get the squirrel but it got away so I was gonna climb like it did! With my claws!" As if to demonstrate the idea he stuck out his claws and stuck them into the bark, only to get himself stuck again. He frowned and pulled at his paw, his gray ears flicking. "But uh... Well, I keep getting stuck, so..." With a huff he pulled his paw free and then looked up at his father eagerly. "You could help me hunt it, right, dad? Or hunt something else? Or maybe we can wrestle!" He giggled as he jumped forward and attacked Naiche's leg and wrapped his little paws around it, chomping at him. Not hard of course, just little chomps. He knew better than to hurt his dad!

"Arcturus Fatalis"

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

06-23-2021, 06:36 PM

Naiche obediently glanced up to the squirrel when pointed.  That squirrel definitely had no intention of coming down.  Naiche looked behind him as Arc explained the scenario and then looked back with a smug grin for his child and was about to comment about Pan being close when suddenly Naiche was under attack!

Naiche gave a playfully vicious snarl in response to Arc’s biting and snapped at the air near Arc with a click of his teeth while Naiche pulled back on his leg.  He wasn’t trying to escape Arc’s grasp completely, but make him have to work at holding onto it.  “Your mom’s a better hunter than I but I know someone who can get the squirrel down if you want.  Pan’s on his way.” Pan was the biggest pushover for kids, of course, he’d be willing to climb a tree and chase down the squirrel.

“Until he gets here though we can work at making sure you become the best fighter around.  How does that sound?” Naiche lifted his paw away if it hadn’t been given up on, “and there is nothing as fun as a good fight, nor as satisfying as when you win it.”  They probably had a little while with Pan not moving all that fast.

Speech:"Live to fight" Think

Arcturus

Obscura
Falconer

Master Fighter (260)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

06-26-2021, 10:00 AM
Arc squealed and giggled when his father growled and snapped at him, but he didn't back down! He held on tighter to Naiche's leg, giving what he thought was an equally ferocious puppy growl in return as he got wiggled around while clinging to his father's leg with his teeth and claws. He liked fighting with his parents and sister and anyone else that would play with him. It was definitely one of his favorite games! He grinned and looked up at Naiche when he began to speak, explaining how his mom was the better hunter, but that Pan could help get the squirrel down, his blue gaze lighting up at the mention of Naiche's companion. He liked the round scaly creature a lot - he was fun to pounce!

Of course the promise of learning how to fight and be the best fighter around sounded equally promising and he nodded eagerly. "Yeah! I'm gonna be a really good fighter just like you and mom and grandpa!" he exclaimed as he hopped away from his father's leg and landed on his clumsy puppy paws, dropping into a playful crouch with another one of those oh so scary puppy growls, his tail wagging as he gave his father his best snarl. At least in his scope of the world there couldn't possibly be fighters better than his parents and family so of course he was going to be just like them!

"Arcturus Fatalis"

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

07-03-2021, 10:48 PM

Naiche wasn’t going to let the boy grow up intimidated so as Arc got into his defensive stance Naiche got into his own stance and showed all his teeth as he let out a deep rumble in his throat.  Would it throw his boy off at all?  He was bound to see serious threats in later life, best to get used to the look of it early on.

“Now,”  a rougher voice now for the work, “Unless you want someone to take off your tail you should quit keeping it up high and flagging all about.”   Naiche kept his eyes staring at his boy, “It’s good practice to keep your tail tucked up under, its safer there.  I keep mine out a lot of the time though, I use it for balance when I make tight turns.  I’m smaller than most the wolves here so speed works better for me than brute strength.  It’s riskier though and until your more skilled and faster its best to keep your tail tucked under.”  

Naiche considered the boy a moment more than added, “keep the ears flat unless you want them bit off.”  There was much more he could add but likely those two things were enough for Arc to try and remember for now.  “When you’re ready, come at me.  Careful though, I might attack back!”  The threat was there but with a watered-down sense to it.  Naiche wasn’t about to truly hurt his boy.  

Speech:"Live to fight" Think