Extra large
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
06-27-2021, 11:23 PM

SOLO DESTRUCTION-LOIRE

AND YOU'RE SO CONFIDENT, BUT I HEAR YOU CRYING IN YOUR SLEEPING BAG

The sun was hiding behind a thick layer of clouds, though the day was still fairly warm. This made it a perfect day to try his paw at some fishing. The rapids were beginning to swarm with fish fighting the current in search of spawning grounds higher upstream. They would be early to the party, but that made them excellent practice for when the rest of the shoal arrived. There was an added benefit to his ivory coat, in that it made him nearly invisible to any fish with the brain power to look upwards for danger. The lack of sun would keep his shadow from giving away his presence.

Wading into a less tumultuous section of the rapids, the large youngster arranged himself in a comfortable, wide legged stance. It would take a bit of waiting for him to be able to catch anything, as the fish would need to begin to assume he was part of the scenery. Blending into the rapids was key to his success, and he was more than content to revel in the sensation of the cool stream caressing his limbs while the heat of the day slowly seeped into his back. The wounds along his flanks were slowly knitting together, but if he moved too fast sometimes the scabs tore and he began to bleed anew. He wasn't too concerned with scars, the same way he rarely worried about mud in his fur. It would clear up eventually, no point in worrying himself about it.

Movement on the bank caught his attention, mercury gaze landing on the ebony swathed frame of his sister. He didn't move from his position other than to lift his head and beam at her. "Heya Psalm," he barked, the accent that seemed to be shared between his siblings echoing across the rocks that lined the rapids.

"Speech" thoughts "others"

Psalm

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Lolaf

Pride - DemisexualPride - BisexualThe Ooze Participant
07-11-2021, 11:02 PM

Fishing... that was something that eluded Psalm. Point her at a land animal and she could tell you a good way to take them down, had a mind for working out hunting plans and even was learning how to render other parts of kills and what they could be used for outside of feeding the pack and family... but fish? Fish she couldn't seem to wrap her head around. She had tried a few times on her own to catch them and had only had soaked paws to show for it and despite her desire to learn some part of her was loath to admit she was failing at fishing, the deep-seated fear of her father's rejection keeping her from admitting her own weaknesses.

So when she spotted Solo eyeing up the river she couldn't help but be filled with curiosity. Psalm was not a competitive wolf, had never felt the need to outdo her siblings, all she had cared about was her father's attention and had never struggled with it from her own perspective but there was something unsettling to her about the idea of Solo being better at hunting than she was... because that was who she was, she was the daughter who had followed in her father's footsteps. But as Solo glanced over his shoulder and gave her an energetic greeting Psalm felt her nerves loosen. She approached his side, lowering herself carefully to avoid casting her shadow over the surface of the water.

"You know... I've never really had any luck with fishing." She admitted softly, feeling the weight of the words she'd never shared with anyone else lifting from her shoulders.

"Speech"

Art by SardonicCitrus

Solo

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
07-12-2021, 07:14 PM

SOLO DESTRUCTION-LOIRE

THERE IS VERY LITTLE LEFT OF ME AND IT'S NEVER COMING BACK

Psalm padded over without hesitation, though he could see that something was bothering her. A small frown twisted the corners of dark lips, while gold-pointed brows pinched slightly closer to one another. He would be patient, and see if she wanted to tell him about it. She settled on the shore, making a point to move slowly and carefully so as not to disturb the acclimation of the fish to his presence in their domain. Regardless of whether he said it aloud or not, he appreciated the care in that small gesture. He shot her a lopsided grin of thanks. "You know... I've never really had any luck with fishing." she said shyly, and he hesitated for just a moment before he hummed thoughtfully.

A subtle lift of the shoulders, growing muscles flexing beneath pallid pelt. "That's okay, Psalm." he responded with a rather earnest expression, though his gaze was trained on the flashing silver bodies of the salmon that were slowly beginning to meander into range as they moved upstream. "It's not for everyone, and I don't think I'm even that good at it. I'm just practicing cause it's kinda warm out, and the water is pretty cool." he added, lifting his gaze for a moment to gauge her reaction to what he was saying. He didn't want any of his siblings to feel bad about themselves in any way, and especially not for things that didn't really matter. Attention caught by the ripple of movement headed straight for him, the boy lowered his head between his thick shoulders to wait for the perfect moment to grab hold of the salmon that was headed straight for him.

"Speech" thoughts "others"