Ulric

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterBeevent
1KCritical Hit!
07-12-2021, 12:27 PM
Ulric actually gave the boy a smile when Romulus suggested that he could tell him some stories from his family to see if any of them would be some he had heard before and he gave a nod in agreement. He had always enjoyed hearing stories and learning about others' pasts and he hoped that perhaps if he could find some sort of connection to this young man or maybe just know more about what he came from he might be able to relax more around him. Maybe it didn't seem like it from the outside, but he really was trying and he felt like the more he learned about Romulus the more likely it was that he'd come to like him - or at least be able to form a real opinion that wasn't based off the bias of suddenly finding him with his cherished daughter.

There was no objections to his warning that they would need to be in separate cots and he could tell from the looks on both of their faces that they were happy about the arrangement. Most importantly it made Lillith happy so he had gotten what he wanted. He nodded quietly to Romulus' polite gratefulness, appreciating the fact that Romulus seemed to be well spoken at the very least. Clearly his family had done well in teaching him manners. He glanced between the young man and his daughter as he mentioned being a help around the pack and Lillith spoke up to confirm his skills in finding herbs and fighting. He was hesitant since he had originally only prepared himself to have Romulus around for the night and then be able to send the young man on his way, but with the way Lillith was looking at him he could tell she hoped her new friend could stick around for more than that.

He didn't answer right away, instead getting up to move the divider that separated Lillith's cot from the one beside hers so that they could chat more easily and then walking to the back of the infirmary to collect a couple of rolled up pelts from the storage area. He was caught between his over protective instincts as a father that wanted to push this boy away from his daughter and the logical part of him as an alpha that knew how badly The Hallows needed new blood now that Indigo and his band were gone. They had left quite the gap in their ranks and with Tamsyn stepping down from her role as Templar it left the upper ranks completely empty. Of course he'd have to observe Romulus' skills for himself to see how skilled he actually was, but... Who was he to turn away someone that was already at least partially trained when their ranks were so thin?

He came back to where the pair of them were waiting, placing one of the rolled up furs on the empty cot before going over to where Lillith was laying and rolling out the fur over her to tuck her in. He gave her a smile and gently tapped his nose between her ears in what had turned into their version of a kiss before he turned to look at Romulus again. "If you'd like to stay for a while, I'm sure Gwynevere would appreciate the help in getting the herb stores restocked. We had a group of wolves leave recently and two of our healers were among them so our team of healers has been a bit thin as of late. I'll never turn down help with patrols as well." If the boy was going to stay then he was going to at least put him to work. He expected everyone in the pack to pull their weight so Romulus wasn't any different.

Ulric Adravendi

Romulus

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Joe

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Hit!
07-12-2021, 10:32 PM
If there was one thing his family had drilled home into his head, it was the importance of manners and proper decorum when speaking to a pack's leader. On his own, Romulus was ordinarily very headstrong and proud—and perhaps some of that did show in the way he spoke or carried himself—but he was also in the hospitality of another. Now was where he would really get to show off the prestige of the Armada family. Ulric seemed to soften the more he spoke, but the defensive edge never left the wolf's posture. He was wary of the stranger in his home. Roman couldn't fault him for being cautious. He looked over to Lillith with an appreciative smirk when she came to his side, stating how he was a skilled fighter and had a working knowledge of herbs. While he didn't necessarily feel the need for the sales pitch, he appreciated her going to bat for him.

Ulric didn't say anything straight away. Instead, the dire brute began to pull away one of the dividers to create a larger space with two cots for the two young wolves to share. He brought out a few pelts for them, then gave Lillith a goodnight kiss and informed Romulus to check with Gwynevere in the morning about helping her replenish the pharmacy. The boy visibly perked up, suddenly having a task and objective to complete come the morning. "I'm happy to help any way I can," he reaffirmed with a resolute nod of his head. He didn't know how long he would stay with the pack, but at least this felt like a stable start to building the rest of his life. And now he wouldn't have to do it alone either. He glanced to Lillith with a small smile.

"Romulus Armada"

Lillith

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

The Ooze Participant
07-13-2021, 06:39 PM
Romulus spoke his offer to give help wherever it was needed and her father took a lot longer to answer than she expected. He carefully moved away the divider from the cot that would be Roman’s and then brought a couple extra furs from the back of the infirmary. He put one on Roman’s cot and then lovingly unrolled the second one to lay over her slim silver frame. Lil looked up to her father with big garnet eyes as he leaned forward and offered her the gesture of a kiss without being overly affectionate. She knew he wanted to be close to her, to hold her tight and give her good night kisses like he used to. The girl was thankful that her father was so adaptable and cared about her feelings so much he denied himself the luxuries that made her uncomfortable. Still after everything the young she wolf reached up to kiss his muzzle before his attention was returned to Roman.

Lillith adored her father, no matter what, he could do no wrong in her eyes. She didn’t believe he could hate Roman, as was proving true as he continued to soften and allowed them to stay here together for the night. She caught Roman’s grin as she spoke up for him and Ulric relented, giving him the task of helping Gwynevere. Ruby eyes watched the boy, she could see him visibly perk at the mention of being given a task. She wanted to remind him that this was repayment for saving her, but if he was going to stay he needed a purpose. Lillith secretly hoped he wouldn’t be in a hurry to leave the Hallows, but she tried not to hold on too tightly. Her own mother had left her, she wouldn’t blame Romulus if he did too.

”Good night, Dad.” She spoke up once more as she caught Roman’s smile out of the corner of her eye and she grinned lightly. Lil looked up to Ulric with a grateful expression and as though her body was trying to prove her point her silver maw opened in a massive yawn.

Lillith Adravendi

Romulus

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Joe

07-16-2021, 04:34 PM
Ulric bid his goodnights to the two yearlings, Romulus noting the way he gave affection to Lillith without actually kissing her. He took mental note, realizing that Lillith must not like physical affections for some reason. It would certainly explain why she had tensed up when he'd gotten closer to her and why she seemed generally uncomfortable in close proximity to anyone. Strange... Once Ulric had left and it was quiet in the infirmary once more, Romulus turned his head to give Lil a half smile before moving over to the cot designated for him and climbing up into it. He'd never slept in a real bed before, but it was decently comfy and warm. His long frame filled almost the entire bed when he stretched out, steel-blue paws dangling off the edges lazily while he settled in and stared across the space at Lillith while she yawned her little head off. The poor lass must have been so exhausted after today's excitement.

While he watched her, Roman quietly considered the girl. He made a note to ask Ulric about her in private if given the chance. He wanted to know more about the Adravendi girl and what her life had been like up until now, but he doubted he'd get a direct answer from her. She didn't like to talk or think about her limitations, it seemed. That was fine; if she didn't want to be treated any different from a normal wolf, then she wouldn't be. "You look tired," he said. It was his indirect way of suggesting maybe she should get some sleep.

"Romulus Armada"

Lillith

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

The Ooze Participant
07-16-2021, 06:46 PM
Ulric knew her better than anyone, he’d been there since day one learning how to raise a sickly daughter that didn’t enjoy being coddled or snuggled despite her difficult illness. So far Ulric was also the only one who could get away with showing his affection with any kind of regularity. Lilith had always been like that though, maybe that was another reason she mourned the loss of her mother so hard. As a child she never really allowed her to cuddle her or give kisses. She missed out on much of her mother’s love and in the end felt regret about not taking the opportunity while she was allowed it. The thought would make her heart ache as she watched Ulric go, but she was swiftly swept into other thoughts as she returned Roman’s grin and watched with garnet eyes as he made his way into the cot beside her.

Roman was almost too big for the cot he had been given and she realized they wouldn’t even be able to share a cot if they had wanted to. He was spilling over the edge even as she was yawning and physically showing her exhaustion. She blinked back her tired eyes, but didn’t miss the way his silver gaze lingered on her features. Like he was trying to decipher what lay beneath the surface. Lil felt another little blush washed over her cheeks as nose as she lowered her features to her pretty paws. She wanted to keep her head up and talk to him but they were both aware of how sleep beckoned her. As Romulus made obvious as he spoke. Lillith yawned again in answer, obviously not going to argue his point.

Honestly despite how tired she was Lillith felt more carefree than she had in a very long time. She’d very nearly died but there was a lightness in her chest and an almost playful feeling dancing within. ”I am tired.” She agreed with him quietly even as her silvery tail wagged slightly at her hips. Jaws opened wide in another yawn and she blinked her eyes closed. ”Good night, Romulus.” She told him with one more sleepy glance. ”I’m glad I met you today.” Lil grinned up at him and then her eyes were shut once more. Her breathing evened and sleep took her within moments.

----

With the lovely day she had Lillith should have slept peacefully and through the night. Almost all was right in her world and at first she began dreaming about her happy family. Smiles, laughs, uncharacteristic cuddles all around as she was transformed to the puppy she had once been when her family was complete. The dream went on, and suddenly shifted from bright, sunny, and full of love to sudden darkness. A dreary green light filtered over the features of those she loved and one by one their faces disappeared into darkness. Her mother and sister first, nearly at the same time, then one by one her siblings until she was just looking at Ulic. His features went gray and then he too disappeared into darkness.

While she was still sleeping, going through the terrifying scenes she was whimpering and whining through silver lips. Her toes and eyelids twitched. When Ulric disappeared she cried softly, stuck in her nightmare of a dream. Alone in the darkness abandoned by those she loved most.

Lillith Adravendi

Romulus

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Joe

07-18-2021, 12:27 AM
Watching Lillith slowly lose the battle with weariness drew a slow smile across Romulus' face while she slowly succumbed to fatigue. There was something entrancing about watching her just go about her life. Not because she had been sick or because she was frail, but because of the indomitable spirit that dwelled within that fragile body. She was a fascinating conundrum, a problem he wanted to work and solve. Why? Because she was his friend, and when Romulus got a wolf close to him, he didn't let them go. She yawned again, and this time Roman joined her with a wide-mouthed yawn of his own. The infirmary had grown darker over time, with only the light of the moon outside and the fire in the hearth illuminating the room.

"You can call me Roman if you like," he remarked as she bid him goodnight. "Goodnight, Lillith. I'm glad I met you too." From there, the room fell silent, only the crackling of the fire keeping the room from being totally quiet. Roman watched Lillith while she fell asleep, making sure she got to sleep fine and found the rest she needed before he let his weary body and tired mind begin to follow after her. Silver eyes began to slowly disappear behind heavy eyelids, keeping his gaze on Lillith for as long as he could. He felt a strange draw to the young girl, the kind he hadn't experienced before. Right before he fell asleep watching her breathing deepen into gentle snores, he whispered a quiet, "Have sweet dreams..." And then Romulus fell into a deep sleep.

---

Romulus' sleep had been mostly dreamless and empty, as it usually was. It allowed him to sleep restfully, but remain alert. That was why it was so easy for him to pick out the sound of Lillith's quiet whimpers in the middle of the night. Silver eyes flickered open, gazing around the darkness of the room while he tried to sort out his bearings. The infirmary was entirely dark now, lit only by the moonlight coming through the windows. The fire must have burned out at some point. Another series of whines from Lillith brought Roman's attention immediately back to her. In the dark, he could just make out her trembling and twitching legs. She was in a deep sleep, and judging by the sounds she was making, it wasn't a pleasant one. Her louder cry was what finally brought Roman back into the real world.

With a stretch of his long body, Romulus shifted to hang his paws off the edge of the bed and face Lil. "Hey, Lillith?" he whispered over to her in the darkness. She didn't respond. "Hey! Lillith, you okay?" Still the girl kept twitching and crying in her sleep. Damn, she must have been deep in it. Pursing his lips with concern, Romulus slid down from the cot and padded quietly over to her bed. He climbed up onto the edge of her cot, reaching a tender paw over to gently rub her shoulder and try to free her from her nightmare. "Lillith? Hey, Lillith? Can you hear me? Wake up. Everything's okay, you just need to wake up."

"Romulus Armada"

Lillith

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

The Ooze Participant
07-19-2021, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2021, 03:52 PM by Lillith. Edited 1 time in total.)
Emptiness, the feeling of a void all around her seemed to suck at her soul as she felt more alone than could ever be possible. She was overwhelmed with darkness. Lilith sobbed in her dream as she cried there on her cot. Tiny tears slipped past and she whined softly, unaware of Roman’s voice as he tried to get her attention. He tried to bring her out of her sleep twice over before her silver shoulder was graced with the gentle touch of his paw. For a moment the nightmare held tightly to her, refusing to give up its victim as she squirmed and suffered within it. Roman coaxed her out, his soothing voice convincing her from the depths of despair.

She returned to the land of the living with a visible startle, but it was nothing compared to the convulsing of her limbs within the dream. She inhaled with surprise as she realized where she was and that the lingering feelings of aloneness were not real. Lillith gasped for breath as her garnet gaze focused on the familiar features of Romulus. Her breathing slowly returned to normal, and she didn’t shy away from his paw on her shoulder.

”Roman,” she spoke his voice softly, as though it would ground her further to reality instead of the terrifying dream. She closed her eyes and rested her head back on the pillow, her body releasing its tension as she tried to relax into the cot. Another whine left her as she realized what happened. ”I’m so sorry I woke you up,” she lifted her head again and blinked open her eyes, watching as the moonlight reflected into his silvery gaze.

She felt the warmth of his toes against her fur, and for the first time in her life she wanted his touch. The feeling of being absolutely alone haunted her and the boy before her helped to ease and chase it away. Not that he could possibly know or understand. ”I guess you know it was a nightmare.” She averted her gaze again, not only ashamed of her waking weakness but also what she suffered through her sleep.

Lillith Adravendi

Romulus

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Joe

07-19-2021, 07:35 PM
The moment Lillith snapped awake, Romulus felt instantaneous relief. She was visibly shaken and startled, but ultimately all right. He breathed a soft sigh as his concern melted away, worried eyes softening from hard steel to molten silver. She didn't pull away from his touch and he didn't retract it either, letting his digits rest gingerly over her, yet with a firm enough hold to keep reminding her that he was here, he was real. His mouth tightened into a line when she gave a whine and looked up at him with embarrassment painted across her features, rubbing along her shoulder to try and reassure her. "You didn't wake me," he lied kindly. He just didn't want to see any more sorrow or negativity in those ruby eyes. He gave her a little crooked smile when she confirmed it was a nightmare. "Yeah, I, uh, I gathered that. Must've been one hell of a dream too." He didn't want to ask about the details. They didn't matter and he wouldn't make her relive whatever had frightened her so.

"I used to get a lot of night terrors as a pup. They're very not fun," he explained while slowly withdrawing his paw so he could trot back to his cot. "The only thing that would ever make me feel better was sleeping with my parents and knowing I was safe with them." Moving to the opposite side of the cot, Roman put his thick skull to good use for once and began to push his cot the short distance over to hers. He moved it slowly so the gentle scrape of wood on stone wouldn't be too loud or wake anyone else up. Last thing he wanted was big bad daddy alpha to come down and see what he was about to do. "I know you don't like being touched, but maybe if I'm near you, that might help? I promise to stay on my side."

Once the two cots were pushed together, Romulus hoisted himself back up into the bed and collapsed to the mattress. There was only a small gap of space between him and Lillith, which he bridged with a gentle paw to her shoulder again. Silver eyes shone with a kind concern while he stared at her, gently rubbing her shoulder and the upper part of her foreleg to help ease her. "Now nothing can get to you without going through me first." He flashed his sharp teeth to her in a dramatic smile while he vowed to protect her. He knew he couldn't fight off her own subconscious, but perhaps if his presence made her feel any safer or more comfortable, he might be able to help soothe her some.

"Romulus Armada"

Lillith

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

The Ooze Participant
07-20-2021, 06:38 AM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2021, 06:38 AM by Lillith. Edited 1 time in total.)
He was sweet and reassuring, his dark paw caressed her shoulder gently as he assured her that she hadn’t woken him. Lillith continued to calm down as Roman diffused the nasty feelings of her nightmare. She wasn’t alone, she wasn’t abandoned by her father or siblings, Romulus was right here with her. He didn’t press her on the details as she spoke softly, and he mostly dismissed what wasn’t real, it didn’t deserve their attention and he silently encouraged her to forget about the whole thing. What was more he went on to tell her just how much he understood what she was going through.

He pulled away and she withheld her protest, feeling both relieved and lacking as he continued to speak softly, and moved around the cots mysteriously. Lil watched him with wide ruby eyes as he went back to the other cot, and very carefully so no one came running the young man pushed his next to her own. The only comfort he ever got was when he was snuggled close to his parents, where they could keep away the bad dreams.

Roman also realized quickly she wasn’t very touchy feely, and Lillith was glad for the darkness around them as it hid her blush. She didn;t even know why she was blushing, she had never really liked being cuddled or coddled and she knew it drove her father half crazy, but they had made concessions and both were content. Roman was incredibly perceptive to realize after knowing her for a day. She didn’t refuse his idea, feeling that need for his touch and a little bit of comfort as she tried to shake the last vestiges of her nightmare.

Lil watched as he lowered himself back to the cot next to her, there was hardly any space between them but already the girl felt better. He placed a paw back to her brindled shoulder and instead of stiffening her body relaxed further into the plush bed beneath her. He promised her that if anything was going to get her, it would be forced through him first. She knew he still had his own injuries, and the castle walls protected them but she finally relinquished the control of her dream. A soft sigh left her delicate lips, a sound of peace as he chased her troubles away.

”Thank you,” she told him softly, blinking back her garnet gaze bashfully. Her own tiny silver paw reached forward to rest on his chest, just above his lively beating heart. ”I feel better already.” She admitted in a whisper, feeling a strange tingling in her belly as they lay so close like this. There was no tension or hesitation Lillith felt free and relaxed with him here beside her. ”I know I’m safe here, with the walls and my dad watching over me.” She explained quietly. ”But with you I feel like I can do anything and I don't have to hide away.” Despite her illness and weaknesses of her body. Roman encouraged her to spread her wings while Ulric protected and shielded her from that which could possibly hurt her. Deep down she knew if she was withheld she would never grow. She might get hurt, she might fail, but wasn’t that better than staying hidden away and watching her life pass her by.

Lillith Adravendi

Romulus

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Joe

07-22-2021, 01:32 PM
Lillith didn't say a word the entire time he rearranged their sleeping setup so he could be closer to offer her comfort if she needed it, and at first Romulus wondered if perhaps he was overstepping boundaries by doing so. He saw someone hurt and scared and needing support, so he just acted on what he felt was right; he hadn't really taken a moment to consider what that might look like: a virtual stranger offering you empathy and comfort. But once he lay back down, he felt Lillith's little silver paws bridge the gap to rest on his broad chest, her delicate voice whispering quiet thanks for him in the dark. He gave her that roguish, crooked smile he always put on, not sure if she could see it in the night, but knowing shed definitely be able to feel the strong beats of his heart since her soft paw pads were right above it. Maybe that would give her some sanctuary, something tangible to hold onto and ground herself in reality.

"You're welcome. I'm glad you feel better," he replied in his smooth, husky voice, though it was clear his voice would deepen yet as he grew older. His skin tingled and warmed where she touched him, leaving this delightful little flutter in his belly. Romulus was no green yearling; he'd been given talks and lessons by his family, knew about men and women, had crushes and infatuations and knew it felt nice to be touched by the fairer sex. But they were still so new to one another, so while her touch felt nice, he wouldn't let it be anything more than a pleasant feeling in his mind—at least for now. Lillith explained how she knew she was safe here, but confided in him that he made her feel empowered to do anything she wanted.

"That's because you can do anything, Lillith. You're not some fragile porcelain doll to keep on a shelf. You're flesh and blood and life, just like me, just like everyone else." His paw on her shoulder moved slowly up the curve of her neck, tracing through her fur until he was cupping her chin, then stroking over her cheek and back down to her shoulder and down her side, resting just below her ribs. "See? No cracks in you anywhere." He chuckled under his breath, having far too much fun showing this innocent girl the extent of how strong she really was and opening her eyes to the world one experience at a time.

"Romulus Armada"

Lillith

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

The Ooze Participant
07-22-2021, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2021, 06:24 PM by Lillith. Edited 1 time in total.)
She wasn’t sure if she could see his grin but she could feel it in the way his heart beat against his chest and she felt it against her paw. Steady and rhythmic it cemented her beside him. It was just a nightmare that she could forget. What was real was the castle walls, her family within, and Romulus here beside her. He gave her a soft welcome, his voice already much deeper than hers could ever be. She could feel it rumble deep in his chest. It felt good being close beside him like this, strange considering she had never said that about anyone but this stranger. Or not a stranger anymore, Roman was her friend, she wouldn’t question that fact.

Lilith was a naive little girl still, maybe she should have been more aware of the truths of life but it wouldn’t be the only facet she was behind in. She knew she liked this but she didn’t realize just how dissimilar this friendship was to the other wolves in her life. Her family. Right now she was still in awe of him, a young girl just trying to figure out her place in a world already far too cruel. She grew quiet, but Roman was swift to encourage her.

He took her words and spoke them like she could believe him. He believed she was capable, even after her performance out there today. He had seen what happened to her and still insisted she was just like the rest of the pack. She was capable and could do whatever she put her mind too. That didn’t mean she wouldn’t have to try harder or take a lot more breaks, but she was capable even if her body was weak.

Roman moved his paw, caressing her shoulder, up her neck, cheek, and finally cupped her chin towards him. She smiled, the blush invisible from the dim light. A little shiver went down her spine as she tried to relax against the cot as he trailed his dark paw back down the side of her, and proved his point. There were no cracks, she was not made of porcelain. She giggled softly along with him, his paw under her ribs tickling slightly. Enough to make her wiggle slightly under his touch. ”No cracks,” she agreed softly. ”I don’t want to sit on a shelf, but... “ he had seen her illness manifest. He knew first hand now what she struggled through to even do half of what he did. ”You saw what happens.”

Lillith Adravendi

Romulus

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Joe

07-22-2021, 07:53 PM
Romulus didn't care for the words Lillith used when she spoke of herself. He didn't care for the way she internalized what her family had clearly been feeding her since the day she fell ill with whatever sickness had crippled her like this. He didn't buy into the belief that this was how she was now. A wolf was only what they wanted themselves to be, how they saw themselves. If she was told that she was sick and weak and she believed she was sick and weak, then that's what she would be. But he hadn't seen that out in the gardens. Sure, he saw someone run out of breath and stamina, but had she not made the march all the way from the castle to the hilly garden? Had she not trekked around searching for herbs with him and stood against the saber cat? No, she was wrong about herself. Her father was wrong about her. Lillith could do whatever she set her heart to.

"Yeah, I did," he agreed, then continued before she could get another word in edgewise, "I saw you hike across two terrains because you wanted to help your pack. I saw you march around the gardens like a woman on a mission. I saw you growl and snarl and bite that saber cat without hesitation." Roman scrunched his nose up in confusion. "Why, what did you see?" He pretended to think about it for a moment, then feigned an "a-ha" moment, complete with wide silver eyes and a big grin of comprehension. "Oh, you mean the getting tired thing! You know every wolf gets tired, right? Your tired meter just fills up faster is all. That can't be too hard to fix, right? We just need to get you out into the world more, get your body to grow stronger each time you go out!"

Roman gave Lil a gentle smile while his paw on her began to run a slow trail up and down her side from shoulder to waist, trying to comfort her. Did he make it seem so much easier and simpler than it really was? Yes. Did he know it would require more hard work and effort than he let on? Also yes. But right now, what Lillith needed more than anything else was a booster shot of confidence straight into her self-esteem. If she stopped believing she was frail and weak, then she'd have won half the battle. The rest she could work on over time and he'd be there to help her if she wanted. That's what friends were for, after all! But all the effort in the world would be wasted if every time she looked in the mirror she saw someone only meant to stay in their room all day. Lillith was better than that. He would make her see that she was better than that if he had to.

"Romulus Armada"

Lillith

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

The Ooze Participant
07-23-2021, 12:01 PM
Lilith didn’t feel like she was as capable as those around her, not because she hadn’t been able to perform but because it took so much more of her effort than other wolves. Her brother, Romulus, Artorias… they were all so much more capable. Her illness left its lasting marks, she knew better than anyone how hard it was just to get out of bed some days. Her determination and her family’s love and support were the factors that drove her on to try and be better than what she was left with. She almost lost her life, and she’d paid a great price to continue on.

Roman spoke up again, he had seen her and he went n to highlight again the accomplishments she achieved. Lil took a breath to answer him when he asked what she had seen in turn, but took the words from her mouth, kind of. She was weak, he didn’t realize that she barely made it through that fight. She did what she had to, and here they were in the infirmary now. He explained her hardship away, and even if she knew that wasn’t the correct way to think of it she wanted to believe him. She wanted to believe him that she could be normal. She wanted to believe that Gwynevere was wrong. Deep down she knew she would always struggle, but the young naive part of her truly wanted what he said to be factual.

She focused on his words and felt empowered, not only in his confidence in her but the collective use of the word we. ”We just need to get you into the world more.” She grinned, but wasn’t certain he could see her expression in the darkness. ”No, not too hard to fix.” She agreed with him, though Gwyn had said the exact opposite. She hadn’t been lying when she said it felt like she could do anything with him. Including overcoming the effects of her illness.

She trailed her claws through the fur on his chest as she retrieved her paw from his chest. A soft sigh fell from her lips, feeling tired again now that her nightmare was long forgotten. His gentle touch soothed her and his subtle promise encouraged her. They just met, but already Lillith felt like she had a lasting friend in him. One to encourage and grow with her as she worked towards beating the ailments of her childhood.

Lillith Adravendi

Romulus

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Joe

07-24-2021, 05:17 PM
Slowly but surely, Romulus could see the gears moving behind Lillith's ruby eyes and see the confident gleam returning to those beautiful jewels in her silver-toned face. He just managed to see the little grin on her face in the dark, silvery moonlight just barely keeping her illuminated for him. She agreed with him, and just like that, Roman had his purpose. He would stay around the castle long enough to learn the foreign lands and find where he wanted to settle down—if he wanted to settle down at all—and bring Lillith along with him on his adventures. He'd get to learn the lands his family came from and she'd get to go out into the world and build up her strength and stamina. Then neither of them would have to be alone either! He certainly didn't mind a cute girl like her hanging around with him for a while. He could already imagine the trouble two friends like them could get into.

Romulus couldn't suppress the little shiver his body made when Lillith trailed those claws of hers through his fur as her paws retreated, leaving a lingering tingle on his skin that made him miss her touch instantly. His ears caught the sleepy sigh that left her. It was still very late, and she must be exhausted. Giving her side another slow stroke, Roman leaned closer until he could gently boop his nose against hers, their muzzles hovering less than an inch apart. "Let's get some sleep, yeah? I promise I'll be right here to keep the bad dreams away," he whispered to her in the stillness of the night. He knew he'd get hell if her father came down and saw their beds pushed together, but he didn't give a damn. He'd just wake up early and fix things if he had to, but he was going to watch over Lillith until she fell asleep all night if he had to.

"Romulus Armada"