An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
Derby WinnerHomebodyLighting McQueenExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted House1KBeevent
08-04-2021, 08:01 PM

The rumbling of his growl met her ears and Hanako felt herself shrink back, her tail flicking between her legs. Mortis had tried on several occasions to teach her how to fight, to at least get down the basics but it was in one ear out the other. She just didn't want to learn, it was as simple as that. And yet now as he stood there looming before her, she knew she only had one choice, to run and not look back. To cast aside his threatening words and flee till her lungs burned, and her paws ached, to find a place where the Fatalis influence could not reach her. Safe and sound, hopefully snuggled up beside Sparrow if Hanako could help it.

Before she could even think to flinch back he swept in and kissed her, forcefully and with passion burning so hot she feared she would catch alight. Again she idly found herself thinking this should be a good thing, better late than never, but she felt the jagged edges pressing in close. Flicking through the pages she knew this fairy tail romance would give her a paper cut, that he'd bleed her dry and yet she did not pull away. Call it annihilation, self-destruction. The silence creates its own violence. She blinked owlishly, and her heart raced, adrenaline pumping.

His words fell on deaf ears, she hadn't heeded his warning before, why did he think she would now? When she was all the more bold, stubborn and determined to get what she wanted. Even if it was to her own detriment, it seemed. That and deep down the thought of just handing herself over on a silver platter felt distasteful, he'd done nothing to earn her back. His earlier sweet words were covered with poison ivy, tangled and overgrown and they left her dissatisfied, wanting for something more, something different.

She needed space and time to think and it was obvious he wasn't going to give it to her without a fight. As if that was even an option.

And so she ran- or at least made an attempt to. She darted to the side, paws kicking up sand onto to slam chest first right into Azure as he stepped aside to block off her exit. Apparently there was more to fleeing than she knew, his experience as a fighter no doubt helped him size up his opponent and predict what angle they would attack from. Either she was unlucky or he knew her far better than she thought possible. Her mind an open book for him to peruse.

The force of the collision had her reeling, the difference in their size and stature knocked the air from her lungs and yet she foolishly tried to regain her footing. She swept her tail out, hoping to regain some sense of balance only to be cut of again with a shoulder check. It was futile really, history insisted on repeating itself just to spite her.

Hanako forfeits
[Image: dfvjf24-4160f57c-3b2d-47de-b3e1-aa34987f...SqQlFNW-eM]

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
08-04-2021, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2021, 08:49 PM by The Judge. Edited 1 time in total.)

And the winner is...

Azure!

By request, Hanako has forfeited.

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
08-04-2021, 09:25 PM

He had been watching her carefully, seen the moment she moved to run and shifted quickly to cut off her path. Hana's smaller form crashed into his and as he lifted a paw to steady her, she was already moving again. Azure moved with her, catching her with his shoulder before she could build up too much momentum. "Stop." His words were a command spoken softly, full of regret and sadness and devoid of his usual strength. "Hana, stop." With every new move she made to run, Azure aimed to intercept. When his patience ran out, he lifted his paws and placed them firmly upon her shoulders so the weight of him would force her body to still. "I don't want to hurt you." He left the rest unspoken, "But I will if I have to." hoping her self preservation would help her to control herself.

When she'd stopped struggling he reluctantly released her, stepping back just enough to give her space but remaining on edge and ready to react again should she try to bolt. "You're coming with me, back home where we both belong. You've forced my hand, and I'll have to discuss this with my father. I'll do my best to convince him to allow you to retain your rank to the public eye, but as far as I'm concerned your freedom to roam will need to be re-earned." Speaking to her was easier now, when he was using the voice afforded to him as an Armada heir. "I will spare you every embarrassment I can, Hana, but make no mistake if I think I need to, I will put you under lock and key. I will assign you guards, and every member of the pack will know of your confinement. I know that's not what you want, right?" It was Azure's last effort to keep her in line - threatening her pride, her station, how she appeared to those who were once her peers. It was a difficult line to cross, to coerce her to remain with him while hopefully not seeding so much hate and resentment that he could never win back her heart.

"Speech"

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
Derby WinnerHomebodyLighting McQueenExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted House1KBeevent
08-05-2021, 10:15 AM

What even was the point? Sometimes Hanako didn't even know why she bothered, the one time she'd tried to forge her own path Azure had stomped back into her life and shoved her back where he thought she ought to be. He spoke of not wanting to hurt her, again, and Hanako's ears pressed flat against her skull. It hurt, not just the memories of how he'd treated her last time, but to know he was so willing to brandish it like a threat. To spook her into submission, till she was nice and pliant, eager to do his bidding. He claimed he loved her, but what version was he talking about? The real Hanako he'd forced out of her didn't seem to suit his tastes, but she supposed calling this her true self wasn't right at all. Conflict and turmoil, wanting the best of both worlds and being backed into a corner so that she was forced to choose. It didn't feel natural or right to push him away, this wasn't what she wanted, it was just the end result of two opposing forces colliding. Something had to give.

And ultimately she hadn't made a choice had she?  Wanting this and that just wasn't feasible, she shouldn't have been shocked and yet here she was, looking up at Azure with her freedom slipping through the cracks like sand. And maybe that was okay, but also not.

Hanako said nothing, wouldn't even look at him as she directed her focus on the ocean. This was a mess of her own making, it was as plain as day, but she refused to see it. To admit fault like any reasonable person would. Her ears flicked a little, as if to barely acknowledge his words, and she knew that she had no more cards left to play. The ball was in his court and it seemed as though he had no intention of tossing it back, he'd hold it well out of her reach above her head and unless she played along there was no chance she'd get it back.

She sighed, suddenly feeling very tired. It was odd to describe, but her lips felt...pronounced, like she was acutely aware of the spot he'd kissed her. Like she wanted him to do it again but not here, not now and not in this context. Even Hanako realised her thoughts were convoluted, if she could take a step back from her own personal biases even she would realise how difficult she was being. Wanting one thing whilst clinging onto something else for dear life, refusing to let go with pouting lips and jabbing petulance. Perhaps fickle was a good word to describe her, that along with selfish, greedy and shallow.

Azure could do what he liked, she supposed, wasn't like she had much of a choice in the matter. Not if she didn't want to be slapped around again. She maintained her distance, didn't care to step any closer, but she would follow wherever he led. The consequences of her actions were drawing close, punishments and disappointed stares she'd flee from if she only could. Hanako made a face and wished she could be like the waves.

[Image: dfvjf24-4160f57c-3b2d-47de-b3e1-aa34987f...SqQlFNW-eM]