size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
07-24-2021, 04:02 PM
Come down, come down sweet reverence

Jynn was delighted at having some company on her journey toward the delta. She followed the river along until it started to split off into dozens of rivulets that slid down into the ocean. It was a gorgeous site seeking the aqua streams melding with the deep, royal blue. There were several sandbars of various sizes, a few were crescent shaped with vegetation on them. In the middle of the delta was a small island covered in foliage with what appeared to be a small blue pool in the middle. "Hey, that looks like it would be neat to check out.

She stepped into the brackish water, muck and mud squishing between her toes and fish scattering away from her as she headed toward the island.

Bog

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 11K
08-04-2021, 08:06 PM

As they'd passed the mangrove, Bug had fled the adventuring pair in search of something to eat. It was definitely an excuse to avoid hanging around with a stranger, but Bog didn't mind too much. When he'd dropped his little buddy at the outskirts of the mangrove, he had stashed his mask in a well hidden alcove in the branches of a mangrove tree where it wouldn't get waterlogged. He felt safe enough with his new friend that it was just weighing him down now. It took a fair bit of work to keep up with Jynn's long legged strides, but he was thoroughly enjoying the workout. Once they hit the edge of the delta, the tall fae slowed her pace to drink in the sights. With the sun overhead, the water glittered like a thousand scattered gemstones. The curving sandbars and sparse vegetation were certainly a strange feature, and he wished he had taken more time to check it out the first time around. "Hey, that looks like it would be neat to check out." Jynn called out, already moving to investigate a little island that stood among the furthest sandbars. He could see the oasis that stood at its centre, and found himself equally intrigued.

"Race ya!" he barked, taking off in a dead sprint towards it. Hopefully the slight head start would give him a chance against Jynn, who would probably fly through the water easily. He leapt between shallow portions of the delta at the start, scanning the waterline for lighter portions that could mean there was sand close to the surface. The further he got from the start of the delta, the deeper the water became, and the wider the distance between sandbars became. It wasn't long before he was frantically paddling through the narrow streams of brackish water in a mad dash for the island.

"speech" thinking "others"

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
08-07-2021, 10:20 AM

Jynn continued to take in the sights of the delta, in particular the swirling movements of sand and water alike. She started to walk forward again when Bog suddenly darted ahead, yelling out for a race. "Hey, no fair!" she laughed as she leapt forward. She couldn't be too mad at him. Her long legs ate up the distance, sending water and sand flying as she soon caught up to him. She raced alongside Bog, neck and neck before the splash of a fish caught her attention and she swerved to go after it. Her graceful head dove into the water, fangs latching hold of the squirming fish which she yanked out of the water.

Bog

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player

08-07-2021, 02:27 PM

He could hear the harried pawsteps approaching, Jynn and her long legs devouring the gap that had been created by his head start. Her protest didn't mean much, especially now that he could hear the speed with which she was gaining on him. Now he was desperately paddling towards the shore of the small island, peals of laughter bubbling from his maw. He didn't get to be an idiot kid very often, but when he did, it never failed to become the highlight of the month. Pulling himself quickly up the shore to stand on the warm sand, he yipped his triumph into the late afternoon sky. Docked tail wiggling with glee, the young healer was truly delighted to be messing around on the beach with his new friend. He turned to face her, then, and see just how far behind she was. Jynn was barely a half second behind him, and she emerged with a fish clasped in her jaws.

"Wait, when did you have time to fish? I thought we were racing!" he giggled, verdant eyes crinkling at the corners with delight. Clearly he was far outmatched, if she'd had time to catch a snack and still only lag a half second behind him.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

08-07-2021, 03:05 PM

Jynn shook her head violently, shaking the fish until it slowed its movement. She dropped it at her feet, quickly pressing on it with her front paws to make sure it didn't wiggle itself away. While she was pretty sure it was dead, the continuing spasm could flip it back into the water and cost her her lunch. She grinned at Bog. "We were, but what can I say? I can never pass up a shot at lunch." She bent her head and began to dig in, pausing to glance at Bog curiously. "Did you want any? I was thinking if you're up for a swim we could explore that island over there." She gestured to Daager Island.

Bog

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player

08-12-2021, 04:30 PM

It came as no surprise that Jynn was just as quick witted as she was fleet-footed. He grinned at her response of "We were, but what can I say? I can never pass up a shot at lunch." as she pinned the half-dead fish into the sand with one dark paw. He couldn't say he was as familiar with eating saltwater fish and he wondered if he should start ranging further from his usual hunting spots to find his meals. Variety was the spice of life, after all. Swallowing down a bite of fish, the tall fae peered at him. "Did you want any? I was thinking if you're up for a swim we could explore that island over there." she said offhandedly, and lifted one paw to point towards the looming shape of the island in the distance. He blinked at it a few times, and returned his attention to his new friend.

"I'm definitely good to keep exploring, don't know if I've ever swam that far though. It'll be a fun thing to try, I think!" he replied, and then glanced at her partially devoured meal. "I'll also finish off whatever you don't feel like eating." he chuckled. While she worked away at her fish, he decided to plod through the sand and towards that strange pool that had formed in the centre of the island they'd stopped at. It was definitely deeper than it initially looked, and he kicked a half-broken shell into the water just to watch it sink. It seemed to keep on going, until he was pretty sure the water was simply too dark for him to track its progress any deeper. Did anything live down there? The lichen dappled wolf dipped his head towards the water to taste it- and found it to be just as salty as the sea. Spitting the water back out, he frowned at the vibrant blue abyss. Maybe he'd have to come back and dive down there to see what it was hiding?

Lifting his head over his shoulder, he checked on Jynn. "I'm ready whenever you are!" he called as he trotted back towards her, stumpy tail twitching excitedly.

-Exit Bog and Jynn to Daager Isle!-