Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
07-25-2021, 08:00 PM
The reunion had been more overwhelming than Zee wanted to admit. He knew that, he saw it in her frail figure. The worry in her eyes. Once it grew late, and it was finally time for her to get some rest, the Warlord took her gently away from everybody, and back to their den by the sea's inlet. While Zee was busy with the kids, the Warlord had Bast fetch Iris and some supplies and deliver them to that den.

So when Sirius and Zee arrived, a warm fire had already been started, and some food was prepared for them. A strange luxury that the Warlord would not normally have bothered with.
“Zee, this is Iris, I rescued her from abandonment in the Barren hill. Iris, this is Zee… my wife.”

"Sirius Fatalis"

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipExplorerOoh La LaWinnerPride - Bisexual
All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1OverachieverStudentCritical Attack!
Critical Dodge!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! HomebodyIce Bridge ExplorerLoserVengeance
Island HopperDouble MasterLegendaryHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave1KValentines 2020
VolcanoCritical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-25-2021, 09:54 PM

Zee did not expect the reunion to be so... exhausting. She loved her children with every inch of her heart, but perhaps it was a consequence of that love that she feel so drained now in the face of so much .. apathy. Sirius had lead her away and she let her head droop as they walked, nearly ready to tell him no, she'd sleep among the grasses rather then walk another inch. Their den was not as far away as she'd remembered, however, and as the fire came into view she forced to the front enough energy to manage the remainder of the way.

Food, fire, and home. Zee's eyes watered as they approached the familiar sea-side den. The place her children had come into the world, the little slice of comfort she shared with the wolf who made her happiest. Her steps quickened and she moved to overtake him, climbing through the grass and into the presence of another. "Oh." Her limbs froze, her mind desperately reaching for answers that didn't appear.

"Zee, this is Iris, I rescued her from abandonment in the Barren hill. Iris, this is Zee… my wife.”

Zee managed to glance back at her husband, not bothering to hide from him the panic in her eyes. Who was this wolf to him? More importantly, who was this wolf to her? The slave queen stammered, managing to at least lift her head to regain some semblance of pride in her own appearance. She'd met wolves Sirius had brought in a dozen times previous, but never had she forgotten how to present herself before them. "Hello, Iris." She managed, resisting the urge to tuck closer to the warlord and hide within his furs.  

"Speech"

Sirius as her husband may crash any of Zee's threads.

Zee has a rough scaled bush viper companion as well as a toucan, who unless otherwise stated can assume to not be present.
During combat, Zee wears a wrapping of thorns around her kudu horns.

Iris

gems
size
build
player
07-25-2021, 11:28 PM

It seemed that her string of days of quiet solitude and time spent solely focused on her recovery were over. When Sirius' companion came to get her she was surprised, but there was no hesitation to follow and she easily joined in with preparing the fire and supplies as instructed. She wasn't sure how long it had been since she came to the Armada, but it had to have been a few weeks at least. It was enough time for her to regain most of her long lost weight, her slightly visible ribs well hidden under her fur. There was only a few small, mostly unnoticeable places where her scars kept her fur from growing properly, causing small bald spots in her coat - mostly around her scruff and neck from the countless abuse she had endured. Either way, she felt like a different wolf than she had when Sirius brought her here.

Nerves bubbled up in her stomach while she waited near the den for Sirius to arrive, curious to see what this was all about. He had mentioned a woman that she would be serving the day she arrived, but nothing else had been said about it since then. She fidgeted uncertainly, fiddling with some grass under her blue paws. Would she finally be put to work as a handmaiden? Was this what this was? She had never done anything like this before so she really wasn't sure what to expect, but she would do anything to stay here. This was the first time in her life she had felt any semblance of safety and was the first time she had been consistently fed since she was a pup and she wasn't about to let all that go without a fight.

Eventually she heard the sound of paws walking toward her and she lifted her orchid eyes till her gaze fell on Sirius and a smaller figure walking beside him. She got to her paws to greet them, looking to the tawny woman that had horns like she had never seen growing from her skull. When she saw the state she was in, thin and frail, it almost felt like she was looking in a mirror of her past self. She glanced up at Sirius as he introduced them, explaining that this was his wife. He hadn't mentioned before what his relationship was to the woman she was supposed to tend to, but now that she knew it was his wife she felt even more pressure to do well for the Warlord and his wife.

She looked back to Zee when she gave her a greeting and Iris smiled softly, dipping her head low in a respectful bow. "Hello, ma'am. It's a pleasure to meet you." Lifting her head, she glanced at the meal that she had prepared with Bast. "Your dinner is ready if you would like to eat. Please, let me get it for you." She let them get comfortable by the fire and hurried over to the meat they had prepared, bringing it over to lay the steaks across a plank of wood in front of them. "I gathered some berries while I was collecting herbs the other day so I brought those with me as well if you'd like some when you're done," she told them before dipping her head and stepping back to let them eat.

"Speech"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
07-26-2021, 12:07 AM
The Warlord made the introductions, and saw his Wifes discomfort and uncertainty. When he had called Bast to fetch Iris, he had intended for the woman to sleep by Zee and keep her company. After all, Sirius wasn’t sure if his own night terrors would be a threat to her again, and things between them were… rocky. He needed to give her space, but he did not want to leave her alone. He nudged Zee gently while the girl went to fetch the food. “You can relax around her, Zee. She’s not going to judge you. She’s just started to heal from starvation and abuse herself.”

Irius was laying out all the stops to ensure their comfort, and he nodded his head to the young girl. “Thank you Iris, It’s much appreciated. Have you yourself eaten?” the days of her starvation were slowly falling behind her, but the Warlord could be relentless in making sure those that were his were cared for. “Also, Iris…” no, he needed to direct that at Zee. He turned from the slave to his Wife. “She’s a healer, I was hoping you would let her look you over before you sleep.” He wanted Zee cared for and pampered, but where was the line between comfort and smothering? Hopefully the two of them could find it together. He didn't want to leave her alone. He couldn’t. He would hover over her himself until the end of time, but he was exhausted and battered himself.

"Sirius Fatalis"

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1OverachieverStudentCritical Attack!
Critical Dodge!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! HomebodyIce Bridge ExplorerLoserVengeance
Island HopperDouble MasterLegendaryHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave1KValentines 2020
07-26-2021, 12:36 AM

Although the introduction was difficult for her, Zee sensed no negative response from the stranger. It was a small victory, being small and damaged and accepted still without a thought as the wife of a warlord with such a powerful presence. Iris did not see the strangeness in it, so perhaps there was less then Zee felt. She offered the woman a small smile, though it faltered as Iris bowed her head in respect. Zee worked to replace it in time for her head to lift once more, and followed the woman's gaze towards the prepared meal. "Thank you, this is very kind."

Sirius gave her a gentle nudge and Zee couldn't help but flinch slightly at the sudden contact. She turned her head up to meet her mate's gaze and blew out an exhale - hoping with it she'd rid herself of her discomfort. "Healing from starvation and abuse, she should be in her den." Zee offered quietly, for his ears alone. She moved toward the fire and the food, making herself comfortable as she'd been bid. In truth, she barely felt hungry at all. Glancing across at Iris, she wondered if she felt similar, and how she'd been adjusting to Sirius and his unrelenting need to provide the world to his wolves.

She was still daydreaming as Sirius addressed her, and blinking the daze out of her eyes she tried to recall his words. Healing, right. Hardly a pause was given before she nodded her head agreeably. "Yes, of course." Sirius would not rest without knowing she was healthy and safe, a medical checkup was one small discomfort she could bear for his sanity.

Zee looked back at the food, but did not yet reach to grab a piece. Instead she deflected, turning back toward Iris with a question on her lips. "How long have you been with us, Iris?" Sirius was not known to be cruel to his wolves, but she wanted to ensure this pack member had had adequate rest and recovery before being sent to cook their dinner and clean her wounds.

"Speech"

Zee has a rough scaled bush viper companion as well as a toucan, who unless otherwise stated can assume to not be present.

Iris

gems
size
build
player
07-26-2021, 11:49 PM

She gave a small glance up at the pair with a smile at their thanks and when Sirius when he asked if she had eaten and gave him a small nod. "Yes, sir, I have. Thank you." There had been no shortage of food since she arrived, something she was very grateful for. Her meals had been small and scattered at first, but now with time she had begun to eat properly again and her body was slowly beginning to show the effects of that. She looked at him curiously when he addressed her again, looking toward Zee when he asked about letting her look her over. She didn't know the extent of the turmoil she had been through, but she was at least willing to look after her physical wellbeing for now. When Zee agreed she smiled softly again and gave her a nod before shifting her gaze obediently back to her paws so that she could wait for them to finish eating.

Only a moment passed before the lady was speaking to her again and her orchid eyes lifted to look at Zee, slightly surprised to be spoken to so much. Before Sirius found her she was hardly ever spoken to, at least not as amicably as this. "Probably close to a month now, ma'am... A few weeks at least," she answered, her voice naturally soft and reserved. She paused, her blue hued paws fidgeting with the grass while she fought off a bit of nerves. Despite the fact that this was a far better life than she had experienced before, it was still nerve wracking in its own way since it was so different from what she had always known. "I'm very happy to be here serving you, ma'am," she added after a moment, giving her a small, shy smile. "Your husband saved me after the slavers that owned me abandoned me so... I'm very grateful to have been given a home here."

"Speech"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-27-2021, 12:01 AM
He glanced at Zee with a raised brow at that - oh, and would Zee be hiding in her den to recover? While he agreed that some rest and quiet was needed, he was also sure that in their shoes, he would need to be doing. he didn’t argue it however, but settled into his meal as it was delivered. Iris tried to stay quietly to the side while they ate - and he hid a grin while Zee continued to engage her in conversation. Zee was taking an interest in her wellbeing. That was good. Maybe this was something that she needed. To remember that these were her wolves too, and to do her part to ensure they were well.

He smiled as he ate his next bite, chewing before he spoke. “She’s been making some steady progress in her fight training too.” He added. A rather important skill for any Armada wolf. He resisted the impulse to place a paw over Zees. he still didn’t… didn’t know where they stood together. But he did give her a glance, a promise. Yes, he was seeing to it that Iris was looked after.

"Sirius Fatalis"

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

07-27-2021, 12:22 AM

Zee caught her husband's look and purposefully did not meet his eye to acknowledge it. While it might seem odd to the Warlord, Zee felt some kinship with this woman and she was determined to at least see she was treated the way Zee would appreciate being treated. Right now, the kindness she yearned for was the simple familiarity of home. The destruction of the structure she'd spent the last few seasons beneath. The freedom to make those choices on her own. From the way Iris spoke and held herself, Zee could already see the touch of slavery upon her. She should not be surprised that Iris had fallen into the role here, as well, and she only tried to remind herself that Sirius was not a cruel master - and nor was she.

"Please," Zee began with a gentle smile. "Being called 'ma'am' makes me remember how quite old I am." She chuckled, hoping the sound did not come across as nervous as she felt it might have. "You're very lucky Sirius found you, you're safer here now then you might know." Iris wasn't the first wolf her husband had rescued and she wouldn't be the last, and each new member always seemed to find their strength under his guidance. Knowing that with all her heart, Zee shouldn't have felt so alarmed at Sirius' words.. but she saw a bit of herself mirrored in Iris, and the speed of the young servant's recovery frightened her. "Fight training, so soon?" She questioned, meeting her husband's glance. It felt so rushed to have this woman learning combat a mere few weeks after liberation, and while she trusted Sirius' handling of their wolves, she worried what that might mean for her own recovery.  

"Speech"

Iris

gems
size
build
player
07-28-2021, 12:33 PM

She blinked with surprise when Zee instructed her not to call her ma'am, and for a moment she was at a loss of what to call her. Simply calling her by her name seemed too familiar for a slave to be speaking to the wife of the alpha and her mistress, but calling her "miss" or "mistress" didn't feel much better than ma'am. She hesitated, but ultimately replied, "As you wish... Zee." It felt strange on her tongue after years of "sir" and "ma'am" to address anyone that owned her, but she supposed that if there was something else Zee preferred to be called then she would correct her again. She didn't reply when Zee pointed out that she was lucky and how safe she was here, instead just giving another smile and a nod. She knew there was far worse fates that could have befallen her - the slavers coming back for her or dying from starvation at the end of a chain being just a couple - but so far she was happy with this second chance she was given thanks to the Warlord.

She glanced at Sirius when he mentioned how well she was doing in her training and her face flushed with a shy smile. That felt extremely generous considering the most she had done so far was stretches to start reworking her muscles into some kind of working condition and some practice with a defensive stance. It still felt very foreign and uncomfortable, but she was determined to try if that's what Sirius wanted from her. When Zee questioned the Warlord on the speed of which she had begun her training a little moment of panic flared in her chest. She didn't understand that Zee was speaking mostly for herself in that moment, she just couldn't help but worry that she might be the cause for some sort of rift or that Sirius might start seeing the struggles she was trying so hard to hide. "I-I don't mind!" she spoke up quickly, though her voice was still as soft and melodic as ever. "I'm fine, really. The training hasn't bothered me."

"Speech"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-30-2021, 01:38 AM
The Warlord smirked at Zee’s soft protest. He finished his food and pushed the meal lightly to the side. “Please, you're still young, love.” The endearment split out with his amusement. He had to admit, sometimes he looked old, and perhaps she was wearing her age more so these last six months, but she would recover from it. He knew she would. She would bounce back, and have so very many years left in her life to enjoy. He would not lose her again. He gave a nod of assent to Iris as she called his Wife by what she preferred - her name.

“Yes. Self defence is the best way others can protect themselves. I will not have any of my wolves vulnerable, Zee.” He said softly. There was a challenge in the steady blue gaze he leveled at her. He would give her some time to recover, to find her feet again. But he would ensure she had her strength, and her confidence back. The best way he knew how was through proving to oneself that you were strong enough.

“So far, it's just been the forms, getting the strength to the right places, but she’s determined.” He explained to Zee. Iris’s quick agreement told him she appreciated the learning.

"Sirius Fatalis"

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

07-30-2021, 10:51 PM

Zee saw the challenge in his gaze and chose to ignore it, turning her meal over in her claws and swearing to herself that Sirius was not going to get her fighting anytime soon so easily. If she had to escape him by swimming out to an island like she had on their first lesson, she would. "That is important." She agreed out loud. "I'm sure Sirius will have you fighting fit soon, but don't rush yourself on learning the foundation work." Zee directed her smile back towards the other woman, and had she been close enough she would have offered her the comfort of her paw. The once-slave recognized Iris' panic, and understood the desire to be anything but an obstacle in her alpha's relationships.

She settled further into the ground, crossing her legs and tilting her head as she watched Iris. "What other duties has Sirius given you in the Armada?" Zee asked her, ensuring her tone would come off as casual rather than interrogating. A small suspicion tickled at the back of her mind, but she refused to dignify it with a thought until she knew more of this wolf and how she fit into Sirius' life.

"Speech"

Iris

gems
size
build
player
08-02-2021, 07:49 PM

She relaxed back a bit again once Zee agreed that the training was important, but warned her not to rush the foundation work, giving a nod of agreement. She didn't like feeling as if she needed to grasp at every opportunity to prove herself and make sure that her place here wasn't lost, but she hoped that perhaps over time as she built up her skills she would eventually see herself as valuable to them. Part of her just didn't want to let Sirius down. He had done so much for her already that the thought of disappointing him or making him feel like his time was wasted hurt her more than she expected.

Her attention refocused on Zee when she asked what other duties she had been given, giving her a soft smile. "Oh, well... I've mostly spent my time collecting herbs between training lessons. I've studied healing since I was little so I'm just trying to be useful where I can. He did tell me that I would be a handmaiden for someone when he brought me here, but I've been recovering so I haven't actually begun that work yet..." She glanced to Sirius curiously, looking for him to confirm things for her. "Am I going to be Zee's handmaiden, sir?" She was a little hopeful that this would be the case. She quite liked the tawny woman so far and the idea of getting to spend most of her time serving a woman was admittedly a relief.

"Iris"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-02-2021, 10:38 PM
He was mostly content to sit back and let Zee interrogate the new slave. Iris had proved herself to him as a willing, obedient wolf. He knew that her presence was good for the Armada.

When Iris mentioned searching for herbs. the Warlord nodded his own approval at that. “The pack needs more healers, so it’s good to see you pursuing it.” He complimented her. At her mention of her task as a handmaiden… he glanced back at his Wife. That was now his intention, and the reason he had asked her to come to the den tonight. “Yes, as well as her personal healer and companion.” She would need the support, both as a friend and a healer as she recovered from her ordeal.

"Sirius Fatalis"

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

08-03-2021, 12:59 AM

As the conversation continued around her, Zee felt the familiar flicker of annoyance beginning deep in her chest and reaching outward until it flexed her toes and tightened the lines of her eyes. Her suspicions grew, but with the current company as it was there was no way for her to confront the warlord on his intentions. Sirius was confirming to Iris her role, and Zee feigned a polite smile. It wouldn't do to frighten the servant girl, nor worry her further that she'd somehow caused more trouble for her alphas.

"Perhaps you can teach me a few of your healing techniques." She offered after a considerable pause. "I've had someone attempt to instruct me before, but it didn't quite work out. The healer in question did not have quite a soft heart, she'd have been in better company with poisons." Zee turned her head deliberately, seeking out Sirius' gaze. She tried to telegraph to him her disappointment, hoping the off-handed mention of Deathbelle would give him some clarity to her feelings. "I appreciate the thought, kind husband, but won't you be leaving Iris' intended mistress to be left empty handed by regifting her to me?" It was as subtle and professional as she could manage, and Zee found that keeping the stab of suspicion in check was much harder the more her exhaustion weighed on her. She only hoped her tiredness was not what her eyes were projecting, and that instead he'd understand the full weight of her unspoken question.  

"Speech"

Iris

gems
size
build
player
08-04-2021, 11:55 PM

Iris smiled softly and dipped her head gratefully to Sirius' praise when he agreed that it was good for her to be pursuing her healing skills. It was the one skill she felt confident about bringing to the pack and it seemed to be a good way for her to contribute so she figured it certainly couldn't hurt to be refreshing her knowledge and sharpening her skills. Once he confirmed that she would be Zee's handmaiden as well as her healer and companion she smiled a little wider and nodded. She had been trying to imagine what the woman she would serve would be like and she was happy that it turned out to be someone that seemed nice like Zee. Of course they had only known each other for a few moments so it was hard to judge, but she was hopeful.

Her eyes shifted back to Zee when she mentioned the possibility of her teaching her about some healing techniques and she grinned, giving her an eager nod. "Of course! I would be honored." She didn't believe that she was the best healer around and she had to assume that there were probably more knowledgeable healers around in the pack, but it was still nice to know that Zee was interested in learning from her. That felt like a topic they could use to get to know each other better as well. She obviously hadn't gotten the hint that Zee gave to Sirius and her smile faded into confusion when her new mistress turned her attention more directly at Sirius and asked him about leaving her intended mistress empty handed.

Her blue tipped ears flicked uncertainly. Intended mistress? Regifting? Was she not supposed to be given to Zee? She shifted uncomfortably at the tension and the accusations, glancing back and forth between the Warlord and his wife. She didn't know what to make of it all and she was certain that it wasn't something she should be putting herself in the middle of, but she wasn't sure if she was allowed to leave either. She could tell Zee was tired even just from how she was holding herself and she was sure whatever drama had caused all of this wasn't helping matters either. She swallowed past a lump in her throat as she found her voice, speaking as carefully and gently as she could manage. "Um... Perhaps, if you're done eating, I should go ahead with your exam so that you can get some sleep," she suggested, hoping maybe she could defuse whatever was building here. Either that or they would dismiss her and either way seemed like a decent option.

"Iris"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-19-2021, 04:45 PM
The Warlord raised a brow at Zee’s pointed words. The mention of a wolf who had known poisons, and a look his way. He knew who her thoughts were on, and if he had ever had even an inkling that she was alive… He shook his head at her, his expression dropping, sadness filling his eyes. She would always see it as a betrayal, not knowing the pain and loss he had felt in her death.

won't you be leaving Iris' intended mistress to be left empty handed by regifting her to me? To lie or not to lie? Zee would never let it go, would she even accept a handmaiden if she thought for a moment that she had been intended for Deathbelle? He didn’t want to lie to Zee. he wanted to lay his heart bare to her, but he had already stepped into this muddy waters. She was already hurting, mentally, physically, and probably other ways. He only wanted what was best for her.

He never wanted to lie to Zee, had he ever done so before? He did not think so. He had always been honest with her. “Iris.” he said softly “was left abandoned by her previous owners, when I had gone searching for warriors to fill out depleting ranks. She was badly injured, and I did not want to simply toss her into the roll of slave. I wanted her to thrive. That is why she has not been recovering in the den of her 'Master' but housed alone. Your returning has answered the question on who close to me, that I trust, I can give her to that will help her find happiness in this pack. If you will not accept her, what will be done with her, Zee?’ he said, annoyance flittering into his tone, before he cast a glance over to Iris. Apology in his eyes that she was hearing such a cold recount of her past and future.

"Sirius Fatalis"

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

09-03-2021, 11:36 PM

Seer did not take her hint with any subtlety, and instead came right out with his reply. She caught his apologetic glance towards the handmaiden and Zee gave her a soft smile of apology of her own. There was no need to bring the handmaiden into it, she was not at fault for Zee's husbands' intentions. Zee steeled her gaze, fighting off exhaustion. "Of course I'll accept her." She responded evenly, trying to sound less betrayed then she felt and choosing not to comment on or argue with the bulk of the warlords' direct words. "I do hope you can find happiness here, Iris, and with me." The horned queen stood from her pelt, pushing aside the untouched meal with a soft sigh and turning to face the handmaid. "I am finished eating - could we perhaps postpone the exam for tomorrow? It's been quite a long day." With another apologetic smile towards the servant girl, she turned to glance over her shoulder at Sirius for permission to turn in. Surely he'd understand that she'd been through a lot with the return, her children, and now this. No exam could be more important then how badly Zee wanted to collapse into a pillow and have a dreamless sleep.

"Speech"