Advanced Intellectual (100)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono

Pride - AromanticSamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Snake Eyes
Pride - Demisexual
07-26-2021, 12:01 PM
Onyx had started to take runs around the pines though she was still a little too young to start training excessively. It was important for her to be strong for her family. And she certainly never turned down a fight. But it was starting to get boring running around in the pines and there wasn't always someone around to spar with. Though honestly, she wanted some new opponents. It was fun to beat the red kids, but they were getting same old, same old too.

She was down at the shores of the pack, careful not to get her paws wet in the freezing temperatures of the ocean. She already hated the sands and the beach and the ocean. And she didn't care much for the ship either. She wasn't easy to please obviously. But instead of looking for someone to fight, her focus was put in the icy sands below her while she looked for interesting things that could have washed ashore. She supposed it was better than doing nothing, but she was pretty low to come out to the shores of the ocean. But she was wondering, and now sure that others scouted the shore regularly because she wasn’t having any luck finding a single thing.

"Onyx"

Mature! For foul language. Can be prone to violence.

Bronze

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (270)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

OverachieverSamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantDream WeaverSnake Eyes
07-31-2021, 08:09 PM
Bronze's world was broadening, slowly but surely. He'd begun venturing beyond Incendium's borders lately and exploring the lands directly around their claimed lands. Though he wasn't naturally the most adventurous of wolves, he was slowly becoming more and more independent and part of that included testing his own limits and learning how to exist on his own. Not that he really wanted to imagine a life on his own; it was hard to picture living without his siblings and his parents. As far as he was concerned they'd always be part of his life, which was precisely why he wanted to grow stronger. He wanted to protect them at all costs - no matter what dangers might lie in front of them. He had to be prepared.

Maybe those thoughts were a bit unusual for a child, but he was two seasons old now and seemed more and more adult each day. Finally the slate-grey boy was growing into his oversized paws, now towering over his much smaller twin. His personality - and that of most of his siblings, if he was being honest - had never been all that childish to begin with. He was always careful to speak, the type to hang back and assess a situation before he jumped in, though it was easier to loosen up around his family. And speaking of family; he spotted Onyx near the edge of the water, not far off from the frozen ship. It was hard to tell what she was doing but he was curious, and after hanging back for a moment he headed her way, clearing his throat before he came up behind her. "Going for a swim?" He jested quietly, the faintest hint of a smile lighting up his features.

Onyx

Hemlock
Paladin

Expert Fighter (188)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono

Pride - AromanticSamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Snake Eyes
Pride - Demisexual
08-02-2021, 06:28 PM

Bronze had a similar mindset, Onyx too acted much more sophisticated and reserved for her age. Well, maybe minus her want to fight everything in sight. She really did want exactly what her brother wanted, to protect her siblings and her parents. But she jumped a little too far when it came to showing that. She was willing to fight anyone, an adult, a wolf three times her size, a lion, a bear, anything to prove or improve her strength. It was dangerous, to a point it was still childish. But in her mind, her intent was righteous.

Bronze had found her on the shore, and at first she looked at him with a small grin of greeting. But her face cringed at the thought of a swim. "Uck, no." Her voice was a little loud in the explanation. "I hate the ocean here. But the waters down south are nice and warm. Well, I guess nice." Her gaze looked out at the ocean before returning to the icy sands under her. "I was hoping to find some cool stuff on the beach, but maybe everyone else found it before me."

"Onyx"

Bronze

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (270)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

08-04-2021, 08:02 PM
Though he'd had much less fighting experience than her, Bronze was determined to continue practicing. He didn't want to only fight his siblings though, worried he might not really use his full strength against them. Imagining hurting them, even accidentally, really didn't sit well with him. He doubted he could really do much damage to Onyx though, who was even more tenacious than he was. He couldn't help but be impressed with his sister's strength already, despite their age - they weren't even yearlings yet. Sometimes he had to remind himself to slow down, that he was supposed to be.. having fun and figuring out who he was. The latter was definitely something he was already beginning to struggle with, even if he didn't quite have the words for it.

Slowly he settled to his haunches not far off from Onyx, tail flicking and kicking up a bit of sand behind him. "Yeah, I don't know about swimming. Maybe it'd be fun somewhere else." Even the water just looked cold. It was stark deep blue, stretching on endlessly and contrasting sharply with the pale grey sky. Onyx admitted she wasn't here to swim, but looking for something cool. He wasn't quite sure what that was, but he was willing to try to help if that was what she wanted to do. "Hmmm," he hummed thoughtfully as he headed away from her, poking away at the shore. So far there wasn't much of interest - the occasionally piece of driftwood or shell, though some looked a bit cooler than others. After a bit of walking he saw something odd though, poking out of the ground. He paused to dig at it, despite how cold the damp sand was. It was some kind of rope, just a small piece of it, though he dug until he unearthed it and flung it over toward Onyx.

Onyx

Hemlock
Paladin

Expert Fighter (188)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono

Pride - Demisexual
08-10-2021, 12:50 PM

Bronze started to help her search, so she went back to it. Trailing along the shore line and avoiding the low tide of the ocean. The sand was still damp under her paws, but mostly frozen from the winter lands they lived in. When she felt the little thunk hit her, she turned to see Bronze first, and then the little piece of rope that he tossed towards her. She frowned slightly. That wouldn't do, not even anything shiny. She nearly slammed her rump on the ground, tired of thinking she could find something cool on the beaches. At least in the pack lands here, there were enough residents to keep the grounds clean daily.

She looked back to Bronze again, her face no longer harsh with her frustration, "You ever want to get out of here?" She confessed quietly, as if her brother would crush her dreams or something. She didn't think he would but she wondered if her siblings felt the same way she did. "I mean, I want you and mom and dad and... all of us but..." She looked back behind him to the ship before looking behind her at the ocean and then finally found her gaze on him again. "I just think it would be fun to explore and travel, you know?"

"Onyx"

Bronze

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (270)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

08-17-2021, 03:15 PM
He had no idea what something like this would be used for, not sure he could brainstorm something even if he tried. The small piece of rope was tattered and frayed at the ends, probably too short to do anything cool with. Surely she wasn't looking for things like shells or bits of wood either, so he stepped over those and continued his search. Occasionally he had to veer back inland when the waves lapped at the shore, wanting to avoid the icy water. Once his paws were soaked he had a feeling it'd take a lot of walking to rid them of that chill.

Onyx's question surprised him, and he took a minute to answer. "I dunno. I mean, sometimes," he admitted quietly. Everything was pretty much the same here, all the time. There were trees and snow, sometimes more than other times. He did want to see the rest of the world anyway. he thought to the kid he'd met when climbing The Wall and how he'd implied that his mom and dad just said the same stuff everyone else did, and that maybe there was more to the world than that. Bronze let out a thoughtful sigh as he paused his walking for now. "I think it'd be fun too. I'm just not sure if they'd want us doing that, you know? There's gotta be more out there though," he admitted quietly. He knew there was, but was it worth the risk it'd take to see all of it? Bronze really wasn't sure.

Onyx

Hemlock
Paladin

Expert Fighter (188)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono

Pride - Demisexual
08-19-2021, 09:52 AM

Bronze agreed with her, but was still a bit wary. She would walk across the whole world herself just to get a different view. She was just tired of the pines, of the ship, of the icy ocean, day in and day out. Going to the tournament may have opened her eyes to the possibilities of the world, which may have been good or bad. Either way, she still wanted her family over everything else so if she couldn't have that in her leaving the pack, then she'd stay right where she was.

She didn't really have a problem with going against their parents to leave, or going against the pack. But she didn't want to leave or abandon her parents. Them and her siblings meant everything to her. But she guessed she could understand what Bronze had said. "I think we need more training first though. Maybe when we are older and stronger, they would understand?" It was sort of a question, but more like a statement. She knew that their mom and dad knew they couldn't stay here and call this home forever. Or at least not all of her siblings. "I noticed our fur is a lot thicker than the one's down south. Like maybe we are meant to stay here in the north. But I'd suffer heat just to look at anything other than pine trees everyday."

"Onyx"

Bronze

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (270)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

08-19-2021, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2021, 12:03 PM by Bronze. Edited 1 time in total.)
Their futures seemed so… far away from him. It was hard for Bronze to get a good, concrete understanding of where they might be in a few months from now, let alone further than that - and it was hard to imagine who he would be. They were just kids, even if they had been raised a bit differently than most kids. He'd caught on to that early on. That was the kind of thing that happened when you lived in the north though. There was less leisure time, more time spent on learning to survive and take care of yourself. He wondered too if they could leave someday and see the world. It was a thought that he'd had recently and one he hadn't been able to let go of. "I went to the big wall south of here. You ever been there? It's really cool," he admitted carefully. "Met a guy who said he met a blue girl. He had horns. Was it you, maybe?" It seemed likely but he wasn't sure.

He slowed his pace, but continued scouring the beach for anything of interest. The conversation seemed more valuable than anything they'd come across yet though. "I'm sure there's lots more in the north to explore though. You think they'd all come with us if we went to explore together? Pyrite and Kyanite and Hauyne?" Bronze couldn't imagine leaving without all of them, especially his dear sister Pyrite. If they didn't want to go anywhere else he had a feeling he wouldn't be able to leave them behind no matter how much he wanted to. His loyalty simply ran too deep.