An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono

Pride - BisexualAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2HomebodyIce Bridge Explorer
ExplorerMammoth HunterWordy1K
08-08-2021, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2021, 10:12 AM by Duchess. Edited 2 times in total.)

When they transferred lands, the rain still hadn't let up but under the tops of the trees, at least closer to the trunks, the rain wasn't falling harshly on them like it was outside. Because of the rain, the humidity made the woods even more foggy than normal, and it was hard to see almost anything ahead of them. Duchess had heard of the path that ran through the woods, but they had to get to it first. It ran from the west to the east and into the canyon, so they just had to keep their paws heading north. It wasn't an easy feat, but she supposed with the two of them they could manage. It was almost just making sense of going forward, making sure to target a tree ahead of them and making it there. But how could they focus on that method if they couldn't even see the woods in front of their eyes through the fog and the rain? "I've never been through the woods, I've only heard of it." She mentioned, but hopefully that didn't discourage Jynn for their overall goal of safety in the canyons.

"Duchess"
Duchess is an !M rated! character for themes of Depression. Please Discord me if you have concerns.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
08-08-2021, 02:26 PM
Come down, come down sweet reverence

Jynn shook out her coat, ridding herself of some of the extra water. She could handle being wet. While it wasn't her favorite thing she had been born in a rain forest far south of here and so she was quite used to tolerating soaked fur. However, the trees did offer some protection. She eyed the dense woods warily. Mist seemed to creep along the forest floor and it was unusually silent here. It made her fur stand on end.

"I have. It's spooky and I don't like it. I think I saw a ghost once." She didn't know if the other woman believed in ghosts but Jynn believed there were strange things out there that she didn't understand. She had no desire to hang around any haunted location.

Duchess

Loner

Master Hunter (255)

Master Navigator (240)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono

Pride - BisexualAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2HomebodyIce Bridge Explorer
08-09-2021, 04:18 PM
She kept her eyes forward and on her paws as best she could, instead of focusing on Jynn. She acknowledged her words, that she thought she saw a ghost, and Duchess could see why. Or maybe she was just happy more of the woods was covered by the fog so there was less to see and wonder, about ghosts.

She didn't know they were on the path that ran through the woods until it was literally under their paws, and then she turned west to start following the trail. It still wasn't easy, but at least it was easier to tell if they were going off track or not. "It should be easier to make it to the canyon now." She spoke, leading but didn't mind if Jynn went forward in front of her either. "Maybe there will be tools there to make a fire."

"Duchess"
Duchess is an !M rated! character for themes of Depression. Please Discord me if you have concerns.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
08-11-2021, 06:45 AM

It was a shame the woods were so spooky. Normally the sound of rain hitting the leaves of trees would be a soothing sound but here it was haunting. Every so often a flash of lightning and boom of thunder would make her jump. Jynn's ears stood straight up, twitching at ever perceived sound. Duchess spoke up and Jynn moved closer, seeking to walk along next to the woman for the sense of comfort the woman's presence gave. Jynn was glad not to be wandering these woods alone. She nodded. "Yea, I hope so. It's getting chilly." Even if it was spring in Auster, the rains were cool and soaked a wolf the bone.

Duchess

Loner

Master Hunter (255)

Master Navigator (240)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono

08-11-2021, 07:38 PM
With Jynn's jumps, it was making Duchess jump too. The lightning flashing through the fogged forest wasn't too bad, but the boom and Jynn's own jolt made her hair stand on edge. She didn't mind Jynn moving up closer to her while they moved through the spooky forest, and she also hoped they could get out sooner rather than later. The day getting late hadn't even occurred in the dense woods, at least Duchess didn't notice.

She tried to pick up the pace a little, making sure Jynn stayed nearby and wouldn't get lost in the mist behind her. It felt like they had been in the forest forever, and she couldn't wait to find one of the ledges with an old campfire in the canyon to get comfortable. With night falling, and the rain soaking them, Jynn was right about it getting chilly.

"Duchess"

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

08-17-2021, 05:11 PM

Jynn couldn't really decide where to look. She wanted to see more of the forest simply out of curiosity but she was also afraid that if she started looking around she was bound to see a ghost of some sort and that would only make her panic. She tried to focus on the trail up ahead, peering through the swirling mist. Surely they were getting close now. Duchess picked up the pace and Jynn swiftly followed suit, her long legs enabling her to easily keep pace with the younger woman. At least the rain seemed to be letting up a little, but it left a chill breeze in its wake. Hopefully they could get a little bit more sun before nightfall.