Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
08-10-2021, 11:55 PM
Heading to the Armada border, he found Meph to be a wolf of good spirits and equally good humor. He laughed again, finding it coming easily to him, even as he bled. “Small, fierce, and horned. “ He described his wife. “But if she sees you, it's too late. You're already a dead man.” His lips twitching again as he wildly exaggerated the danger.

They reached the Armada lands without any issues, and glanced at the familiar tall grasses. “So, this is Armada. Still interested in taking a look?” he asked, keen to take on the reddish wolf as a member. He was a good fighter, and charming. He knew he could make use of his skills.

"Sirius Fatalis"

Mephistopheles

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Snake Eyes
08-12-2021, 05:12 PM

thinking "speech" "others"
The walk to the borders of the Armada was hardly a long trip, and the phoenix understood how the Warlord had been so quick to arrive after his call for a spar. Cerulean gaze drifted over the tall grasses that claimed dominion over the landscape, intrigued by the decision in locale to settle down. Defensible, and certainly ideal for patrolling. With enough distance from the border, even a large wolf could go undetected by someone passing by the outskirts of the territory. Ambushing unsuspecting trespassers would be a breeze. “Small, fierce, and horned." the ebony titan described his wife with a glimmer of mirth in his eyes. Ah, quite a compliment to the looming, toothy man who seemed to lean towards a more subtle air of intimidation. “But if she sees you, it's too late. You're already a dead man.” Sirius warned, to which the russet male chuckled. He glanced over at his wounded companion, keeping his grin on his lips when he replied "If I see her coming, I'll be sure to run for the hills. I trust you'll fare better than I against her wrath."

“So, this is Armada. Still interested in taking a look?” the Warlord questioned as they closed in on the scent markers that would otherwise signal the end of the road for their trip. Quirking a brow at the larger male, he dipped his head lightly in assent. "I would welcome the opportunity, dear Warlord. Though I might suggest we get you bandaged up before we proceed with a tour, as I suspect leaving a trail of blood in your wake would only lead your spitfire wife right to us, and I do enjoy having both of my eyes in my head." he said, oh so matter-of-fact. He wouldn't be useful if the queen decided to dismember him for drawing the Warlord's blood and letting him splatter it halfway across Boreas.

I GOT LIES TO TELL YOUR CHILDREN, WHEN MY SMILE PIERCES THROUGH YOUR BONES

Art by Monster

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
08-15-2021, 03:59 PM
His grin only grew, finding the other wolf's humor agreable. He wondered what Meph would think when he actually did see the Warlord Wife. Zee could certainly be stubborn and willful when she wished to be, but for the most part she was sweet and almost shy. He thought fondly of his Wife until Mephs words distracted him. “Ah, good call. Let’s dispose of the evidence first” he agreed, leading the other wolf to the pack's heart. The center of the Tall Grass Plains lay the Obelisk, listing the pack's laws. Beyond that was the communal fire pit, with places to sit. Dotted to the sides were small dens set up for visitors.

Sirius led Meph a little more to the side, and opened up the cellar door. Peering down to his packs supplies within. “I think some clean water and bandages should do it.” he decided, grabbing the necessary things.

"Sirius Fatalis"

Mephistopheles

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

08-17-2021, 11:37 PM

He walked alongside the Warlord, moving into the depths of the tall grasses under the guidance of the larger man. He was sure in his direction, despite the limp that came with the open wound weeping blood down his forelimb. “Ah, good call. Let’s dispose of the evidence first” the Warlord chuckled, breaching a clearing in the midst of the sea of grass. A stone stood in the centre of it all, bearing carvings that, as they drew closer, proved to be a list of laws. Useful and aesthetically pleasing- all points in the Warlord's favour. He'd circle back to this later, check out the details when he had a moment. A large pit bore the previous nights dead coals, ready to be lit when the sun set if necessary. He hummed thoughtfully as they passed it, examining the neatly arranged stones around the edge. Everything had taken great care to establish, which spoke volumes of the leadership. They skirted the edges of the communal spaces, and the dark goliath shouldered open a door to reveal a storage space that was well stocked with goods that lesser wolves might view as luxuries. “I think some clean water and bandages should do it.” the ivory marked man said, returning with the aforementioned accoutrements.

"For the time being, certainly. I would still suggest visiting one of your healers to ensure it is properly seen to, an infection during winter doesn't seem like it would suit you all too well." he spoke the last words teasingly, reigning in his own dominant nature in favour of acquiescing to the Warlord. It would have to become a habit, if he intended to stick around. When Sirius settled the items on the ground, he wrapped some of the cloth around his paw to soak in the clean water. "Care to tell me about your pack while I work? I think I wouldn't mind to hear about where your interests lie, as the son of a soldier in a once great empire, I find myself suited to similarly aligned groups." he drawled, lifting the waterlogged cloth towards the Warlord's injured shoulder. He hesitated, waiting for the larger man to consent to a little haphazard TLC from the oaf who had torn his wound open in the first place.

Art by Monster

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-17-2021, 11:50 PM
The Warlord settled himself before Meph, more than happy to allow the other man to administer whatever aid he knew. As he lay there within easy reach of the Red-marked wolf, he nodded his head. “I would like to hear about your Empire one day, if you don’t mind telling it” he admitted, having come from an Empire himself.

… so many years ago.

He bit back a wince as the other wolf pushed the wet bandage to his wound in an effort to clean it. “The majority of the Armada are Warriors, my own first litter are well trained in the arts of War. We are a community boarding on Family. I ensure that everyone within my borders has training, and is offered my protection. Right now, we have a few younglingings about, my second litter, and my Eldest daughter's first litter. another seasoned Warrior would go along way, especially if you consider yourself a teacher” he admitted

"Sirius Fatalis"

Mephistopheles

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

08-18-2021, 12:38 AM

Submitting to his less than practiced care, the Warlord settled onto his belly on the well trod terra outside the cellar. It was strange to have someone put that kind of trust in him, and for a moment the little soldier boy found himself gripped by the reality that no one had offered him this kind of good faith. His sire had been half mad for most of his youth, and he had returned to an empire that settled him into a soldier's rank with little interest or regard, only to return to nothing after Kaine's death. There hadn't been a chance for him to forge any kind of real bond- only one night stands and missed opportunities for happiness. He shook the thought from his head, endeavouring to steady his paw instead and gently press it to the wound on the Warlord's shoulder. “I would like to hear about your Empire one day, if you don’t mind telling it” the other man rumbled, to which a soft smile managed to find its way onto inky lips. "Of course, dear Warlord. It's a date." he spoke the last phrase teasingly, lifting his brows for dramatic effect as he moved his forepaw in short, gentle strokes to lift the caked blood and debris away from the wound.

He noticed the slightest twinge of pain in the man's expression, but it vanished quickly. “The majority of the Armada are Warriors, my own first litter are well trained in the arts of War. We are a community boarding on Family. I ensure that everyone within my borders has training, and is offered my protection. Right now, we have a few younglings about, my second litter, and my Eldest daughter's first litter. another seasoned Warrior would go along way, especially if you consider yourself a teacher” he explained while the phoenix worked away the worst of the clotted blood from the edges of the wound. At the centre, the constant movement from walking from the battlefield had prevented it from scabbing over. He dipped the damp cloth back into the water, flexing his toes to wring some of the blood out. He gave the wound another gentle pass around the edges, before dropping the dirtied rag into the water and grabbing the rest of the bandages. "I will admit I've never been given the opportunity, but I wouldn't turn down the chance to aid in molding the next generation of Warlords if you would allow it. I'm afraid my sire was far from an understanding teacher, so I wouldn't be keen to use his methods on your progeny. A learning experience for everyone involved, I suppose." he mused, before grabbing the edge of the strip of bandages in his teeth and unfurling it carefully to avoid landing any of the linen on the ground.

It took a bit longer than he would like for the length of bandage to be wound around the muscular upper arm of the Warlord, with the russet male being more interested in avoiding any sudden movements that could cause more pain. He was a delicate touch outside the battlefield, a lover on all counts and a tender hearted fool at his core. He'd already inflicted the damage, and he wasn't interested in adding to it. Once he was done, he carefully tucked the end into the wrapping, and dropped his forepaws to the ground. "It isn't pretty, but it will certainly do until you can see a proper medic. I hope my bandaging skills haven't turned you away from giving me a tour, dear Warlord." he crooned with a lopsided grin, fangs poking out from beneath dark lips.

Art by Monster

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-18-2021, 12:56 AM
The Warlord glanced over at the red wolf, quirking his brow. “I hope that doesn't mean you're expecting me to bring dinner” he drawled back. He could feel Mephs work as he gently pressed around the wound. He had mentioned a healer tending to it as well, but Sirius knew he was unlikely to get around to it - unless perhaps he enlisted Iris’s help.

The other wolf spoke of his own experience in training being less than desirable. “I believe the best learning is done in teaching, but I’ll happily give you pointers along the way” The Warlord acknowledged. It sounded by that statement that Meph was leaning towards staying. That was good, since Sirius wasn’t entirely certain he was keen to let the man go. Forcing him to stay would chose interesting, especially now that Meph knew where his still-healing wounds presided.

He looked up at the sound of the lining unwinding, and knew this make-shift first aid session would be over soon. He was however surprised at the gentleness and care in which Meph wound the wound “Are you sure you have no interest in healing?” he checked. The man seemed like he would be a natural. “A tour is definitely still on the agenda. What are your thoughts on the Armada so far?”

"Sirius Fatalis"

Mephistopheles

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

08-18-2021, 01:36 AM

Friendly banter never failed to delight the godling, who revelled in the opportunity to tease and jest throughout a conversation. Charm and wit were his bread and butter, without them he was hardly himself. It only served to further win him over when the Warlord played into it, meeting him at each teasing quip with something equally witty. “I hope that doesn't mean you're expecting me to bring dinner” the obsidian man replied, which Mephistopheles met with a low chuckle and a broad grin. He was having fun, and that was the easiest way to win him over. Brawl and banter, maybe feed him at some point in between. "I believe the best learning is done in teaching, but I’ll happily give you pointers along the way" the Warlord assured him, to which he hummed lightly in interest. Cerulean gaze was cast briefly upon the other man's ivory marked features, his expression warmed by the thoughtless offer of aid. "That would be greatly appreciated, dear Warlord." he purred, and returned his attention to the bandages.

Once all was said and done, the Warlord seemed quite pleased with the results. Well, that was a well earned ego boost. The messy bandages were holding fine, though the true test would come with prolonged movement, certainly. “Are you sure you have no interest in healing?” the rumbling tones of the dark male questioned dubiously, to which the phoenix could only laugh earnestly, chin tipping up and eyes scrunching shut. Once the spell died down, he shook his head with a broad grin upon his features. "I can keep the important bits in and get a bandage to stick for a march home, but the only herbs I know are the ones that will let you see God for a week." he said, rising to his paws and shaking out his coat. He waited for the Warlord to rise to his paws as well, and give him some direction on what to expect now. “A tour is definitely still on the agenda. What are your thoughts on the Armada so far?” he asked with the tone of a man who truly did care for the opinion, the truth of his first impressions. Another point in his favour, as Mephistopheles was a man who traded in charm and exceeded in lying, but had no desire for a leader who wouldn't lay himself bare for his own people. Truth and honesty at home were all he wanted, and a leader who cared was one who would succeed regardless of the circumstances.

"I can say for certain that you've offered me a role in which I could flourish, alongside opportunities for personal growth. There isn't much else to be desired, aside from somewhere to sleep and perhaps a few more pretty faces to admire." he said with a small wink, tail sweeping across his hocks. He felt he could settle here comfortably, between running himself ragged training and languishing near the sea that he could smell from here, it all seemed to be more than he deserved out of life.

Art by Monster

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-18-2021, 01:56 AM
It seemed that Meph was an agreeable wolf that didn’t mind input and a change to add to his skills. So far, Sirius was convinced he was a wolf that would flourish in the Armada. The fact that he had already bested the Warlord - an achievement that put him into a group few other wolves occupied - only added to his desire to keep him.

“Perhaps I can get someone to give you a few more pointers, it’s always a handy skill to have” he added, as he got to his paws with the inclination of showing the other wolf around the pack.

“A den is an easy thing to organise, I have a few unclaimed ones hear near the pack central point, otherwise we could dig one out for you in a place of your choosing.” he paused in the act of moving away from the cellar and deeper into the pack. Turning to Meph and giving him a look that said ‘listen well this is important’ “There are a few pretty slaves currently presiding in my pack. These wolves are not to be forced under any circumstances. Flirted with, or taken to your bed with their full desire and agreement to the act, but never forcefully. Understood?” He warned.

"Sirius Fatalis"

Mephistopheles

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

08-22-2021, 01:50 PM

With the personal offer from the Warlord of direction in the realm of teaching youngsters, there was a glow of warmth building within his chest. This felt like home already, and he would have a leader who saw worth in him. What more could a man ask for? As the Warlord rose to his paws, sapphire eyes meeting his as he loomed a few inches higher once more, he took a half step back and waited for the man to take the lead. Sure enough, the obsidian titan began moving deeper into the territory at a steady pace. “A den is an easy thing to organise, I have a few unclaimed ones hear near the pack central point, otherwise we could dig one out for you in a place of your choosing.” rumbling vocals offered assurance coolly, though the large male quickly cut him a look that bore meeting. Cerulean locked with sapphire, brows pinched together as he took in the intense gaze that demanded full attention and sincerity. “There are a few pretty slaves currently presiding in my pack. These wolves are not to be forced under any circumstances. Flirted with, or taken to your bed with their full desire and agreement to the act, but never forcefully. Understood?” the Warlord didn't growl or snarl, but he certainly let the rich tombre of his voice carry the weight of the consequences without having to utter them. Mephistopheles dipped his head in assent, lashes falling against his cheeks as he dropped his gaze to amplify the impression of his agreement.

"Understood, sir." he replied, and followed along silently for a few beats, taking in the sights all around him. "What are your relations to the other packs in the area? I'll admit I haven't flirted with too many borders recently, so I'm unaware of the affiliations that have arisen in my absence." he questioned, attention drifting once more to the Obelisk as they passed by, and then to the various dens and cooking fires that littered the well travelled space.

Art by Monster