gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 11K
08-14-2021, 02:12 PM

With about a dozen stalks of lavender apiece, the pair had opted to keep on wandering in search of their next find. Without a bag to speak of, and certainly beyond his typical haunts, Bog had been forced to use his ingenuity- which was dicey at best. Thankfully, this time his ideas hadn't gone awry. Using some of the tall grasses that seemed to grow in abundance around here, he'd bound the lavender tightly and used some extra strands to make a haphazard necklace that he could tie the herbs to. They weren't heavy, so hanging them from his neck would be find for now. He'd stash them in his bag when he got back to the camp site, and dry them in his den when he got home.

"Where are you from, anyway?" he asked offhandedly of his companion while they walked, verdant gaze sweeping over the landscape in search of something that might be useful. There was still that faint scent of marshmallow leading him on, but he hadn't pinned it down yet. Perhaps it was a red herring of sorts, intended to lead them to the true prize at the end of the road. "You smell like a pack, but I don't know much about the packs around here."

"speech" thinking "others"

Note: Bog is naked from the neck down, with his fur growing back in April 5th, 2022! Keen eyed individuals might notice what appear to be some long feathers beginning to grow from the space just above his tail, which will be sprouting far sooner and more noticeably than the fur that's coming back in!

Gossamer

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (270)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Lesbian
1KDouble Master
08-17-2021, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2021, 05:09 PM by Gossamer. Edited 1 time in total.)

Once she was ready Gossamer looked to Bog and off they went searching for more herbs. Lavender was a good haul, perhaps they could track down marshmallow next or find something else that was valuable. She set both her eyes and her nose to work, trying not to get to distracted by the sheer volume of scents and sounds. She glanced at Bog.

"Oh, I'm from the Armada. A pack of notable warriors. You smell like a loner, are you from around here or far away?" She couldn't really imagine just living off by herself. While it was nice to get away now and then she preferred having family to return to.

Bog

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player

08-23-2021, 04:55 PM

It was a small blessing that Gossamer was at least a half-decent conversationalist, since the swamp dweller was about as socially adept as a rotting log. When he offered up a random question to try for idle chatter, she met him with an earnest, well mannered response. "Oh, I'm from the Armada. A pack of notable warriors. You smell like a loner, are you from around here or far away?" she replied, which definitely struck him as interesting. She certainly had the look of a warrior, with those long, powerful legs and big teeth. It came as no big surprise that she made her home among skilled warriors as well. He hummed softly, a curious sound that served as a dead giveaway that he was going to swing back around to this topic. First though, it was only polite to answer her question first. "I live on the east coast, in the mangrove. The Family has lived there for a coupl'a generations, with a few exceptions when the territory was taken over by different packs." he explained as his gaze roved the landscape, occasionally letting his paws carry him towards the next clump of bright flowers or foliage that caught his attention.

Lifting a paw to pull the leaves of a small group of stems closer for inspection, he frowned when he failed to recognize the leaf shape. Not of much import, then. "If y'all are warrior types, what are ya doing out here pickin' flowers with little ol' Bog?" he asked next, dropping the stem and replacing his paw on the ground as he blinked quizzically at her with a lopsided grin. Sure, he was teasing, but he was partly curious. Most of the burly fighting types could care less about the art of herbology and healing.

Gossamer

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (270)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Lesbian
1KDouble Master
08-24-2021, 05:03 PM

Gossamer listened curiously as Bog explained that he was from the mangroves and that his family had lived there for generations though she got the feeling they weren't like a pack like she was used to. She tried to think back if she'd ever been to the mangroves but she doubted she had. The Hot Springs was really about as far east as she'd gone. She spied some pretty orange flowers but alas they didn't seem to belong to any plant she recognized.

She glanced back to Bog. "Oh, I've always had an interest in healing. I mean, when you spar a lot you get hurt a lot. Just seemed like a good skill to have for someone who's probably going to get injured frequently, ya know?"

Bog

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player

08-27-2021, 03:56 PM

As he picked up the lackadaisical, ambling gait once more, Gossamer offered an answer to his teasing question. "Oh, I've always had an interest in healing. I mean, when you spar a lot you get hurt a lot. Just seemed like a good skill to have for someone who's probably going to get injured frequently, ya know?" she explained, to which he bobbed his head in agreement. Yes, that was a smart choice. He scented the air again, crown tilting upwards as he pulled in a few good snootfuls of air. There it was again! Tall auds twitched furiously, searching for the sound of running water. It sounded like there might be a creek or brook somewhere to his left, and he picked up his paws just a little as he padded towards the faint sound. Down a small hillside, its incline so gentle he nearly missed it, there was a little brook bubbling away as it cut through the small valley. And on its bank? Marshmallow! Bog knew he wasn't imagining it.

"Check it out! Marshmallow, I knew I smelled it earlier." he yipped excitedly, and began to trot down the gentle slope towards the familiar bunch of pale pink flowers. "It grows around the mangroves, but I'm hoping if I can get some of this one from its roots, maybe I'll replant it at home in my garden." he drawled, glancing over his shoulder to see where his companion had gotten to. The muddy soil was easy enough to dig up around the bottom of the plant, and he wasted no time in carefully extracting it until he could see the pale tendrils woven into the soil. He was only going to take the least amount possible, and hope some of that damp soil would stick to the roots long enough for him to get it home and planted. "I blew through a lot of my stock last winter, we had an awful cough going around with how cold it got." he admitted as he worked, verdant gaze lifting to check on Gossamer and her progress.

Gossamer

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (270)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

1KDouble Master
09-04-2021, 06:36 PM

Gossamer continued to look for a healing herb they could use and as she gazed at some fluffy pink flowers she heard Bog call out that he'd found some Marshmallow. "Hey, good call!" She headed toward the marshmallow plants and set to digging, using her claws to pull up dirt and clear the roots which she hoped to dry and powder for future use. "Sounds like a plan, I bet it would grow there." She'd thought on and off about starting her own garden but life just hadn't seemed to allow for it, especially with her focus on battle. She pulled up the marshmallow plant and added it to her bundle.