size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
08-17-2021, 11:06 PM

The trio of wolves finished making their way back to the Armada's lands the following day, setting out at the crack of dawn to make the most of the waning daylight. Every day brought them closer and closer to winter, closer to longer nights and colder days. Artorias silently dreaded that it might bring them back to the only winter he had ever known, the winter of wild beasts and endless ice that had claimed the life of his mother. He prayed those days would be nothing but bad memories from here on out. They walked past the border into Armada lands, and Sirius set off with his bear to unload the wares they had purchased and the remaining items they hadn't bartered away. That left Art to introduce Idalia to her new master.

"Briar is a very sweet, down to earth girl with a big heart," he told Lia as they walked through the great sea of grasses towards where he knew Briar had been staying with Mortis. "Just don't talk back or say anything about her or her family and you should be fine. Listen to her, agree when she wants you to, offer advice if asked, and apologize if you do upset her somehow. Even if you're not wrong, she does tend to hold grudges, so it's best to just say sorry to keep the peace." They arrived at Mortis' den a short walk later, and before they stepped inside, Artorias paused and pulled Lia to the side. He gave her a reassuring smile. "You're going to do great, I'm sure of it. And while I doubt Briar will ever let any harm come to you, if something does happen, if you ever need me, get a message to me any way you can. No one is permitted to harm you." There was no question in his words. Lia was his, he had given her his word, and he would keep it. Whether three feet or three hundred miles away, he would keep it.

Once she had agreed, Artorias smiled again and stepped into the entrance of Mortis' den. "Briar? Are you home? I've got a surprise for you!" he called into the large space, not wanting to just intrude without an invite. He didn't even know if she was in right now or out training.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Lia

Loner

Advanced Fighter (105)

Advanced Healer (90)

gems
size
Large
build
Light

The Ooze Participant
08-17-2021, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2021, 11:16 PM by Lia. Edited 1 time in total.)
She rose easily into the early morning dawn. Accustomed to keeping whatever odd hours her Masters pleased. Travelling with the gruff Warlord, and the intense Aegris had been a very strange experience indeed. She helped pack up their camp without a word, and then they travelled on.

As they crossed over into what must be Armada pack lands, the Warlord left them. Heading off with his strange bear companion. As they walked, Art began to give her further instructions. Describing his Princess a little more. Every wolf had their quarks, and she took it to heart when he said not to ask her about her family, to listen to her and not talk back. “I wouldn’t dream of it” she promised to the first “Everything she wishes will be right” she agreed. She was starting to sound a little more like a Princess now, and she felt trepidation stirring in her chest. That first phase of figuring out your Master was always the hardest, settling into routines and knowing what to expect generally made life easier.

Artorias promised her absolute safety, but she also knew that she would not get a message to him. She would take whatever she was given, she would be the perfect servant. She would be no trouble, and he would come back for her one day. Take her to his promised paradise. “As you wish, My Aegis” she whispered, nerves bringing a title rather than a name from her lips.

She lowered her head submissively towards the den entrance, lowering herself gently to the ground and waited for her Princess Mistress to appear and command her.

Speech
[Image: 2f7uv49.png]

Briar

The Hallows
Lady of Cinder

Master Fighter (245)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
08-17-2021, 11:58 PM

Briar moved around the large den she had been sharing with Mortis for the last season or so, rearranging a few things in the room they had dug out for her to use. Since Artorias had left the day before to go on some kind of trip with her father she had been trying to keep herself busy around the pack and tending to her training, doing small things here and there to fill the time. It was only a couple of days, not even two full days really, but it was a glimpse into what her days would be like once Artorias had to return to The Hallows and she didn't like it. More and more she wished she could simply move to The Hallows with him when he went back, but even getting her father to allow it once she was closer to her second birthday was going to be a challenge, much less asking him to allow it now. There was also the fact that her mother had returned less than a season ago and there was still so many more things to catch up on with her and moving away now just felt like she was cutting her time with Zee short.

She sighed softly as she mulled the issue over, fiddling with some of her belongings as she straightened up her room and tided up the furs that made up her bed. However, Art's voice calling her from the entrance of the den made her head pop up with a surprised gasp, a grin immediately pulling across her features. She dropped what she was doing and turned to hurry toward him, her turquoise gaze immediately fell on his blue and black form in the doorway and her tail wagged excitedly as she ran out toward him. "Artorias! You're back!" she said as she popped outside, throwing her forelegs around his leg and kissing him happily, completely missing the third wolf sitting just off to the side as she celebrated his return in her own way. It wasn't until she pulled back with a bright grin that she noticed the other woman out of the corner of her eye and she looked toward her with surprise, releasing Artorias with a guilty grin and a flush to her face.

"Oh! Sorry! I didn't see you there," she apologized with a chuckle, glancing between her and Artorias curiously. She way the other woman was holding herself confused her a bit. She seemed awfully timid and submissive, but without knowing her background she didn't know why. "Who's this?" she asked her boyfriend, leaning into his shoulder as she forced herself to resist giving him another kiss while they were still in the company of someone else.

"Briar Fatalis"

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
08-18-2021, 12:16 AM

No sooner had Artorias called in for her, his ears picked up the sound of scrabbling paws, and then Briar came barreling out of the den to all but throw herself at him. He gave a soft "oof" as he caught her and laughed, smiling wide while he returned her happy kiss, the familiar feel of her lips on his making his heart skip a beat while he wrapped her up in his forelegs and held her close. "Well hello, Princess! I missed you too!" he remarked with a bit of jest, booping the end of her snout with his own before letting her go when she realized they weren't alone. Artorias followed Briar's gaze to Lia, who was doing her best to look as submissive as possible. Briar asked who she was while she leaned against him, and Artorias wrapped a paw around her waist to keep her held to his side.

"Briar, this is Idalia. She also goes by Lia. She, uh... She's the reason your father and I went on this trip," he explained. "Your dad was invited to a special sort of market. They sell literally everything—including wolves. He thought it would be good worldly exposure for me to see what some aspects of the world are like, and since he was going to buy some wolves to turn into warriors, he said I should consider purchasing a servant, so I can learn the process and something to consider when I become Aegis." He looked back to Lia with warm eyes and gestured towards her. "Lia is our new servant. She's incredibly sweet, very bright, obedient, well-mannered, and a great conversationalist. We're going to give her a much better life than what she had, and in turn, she'll do virtually anything."

He turned back to Lia then, beckoning her to introduce herself to Briar. "Lia, this is Briar Fatalis, Princess of the Armada. She's the wolf I've been telling you about." Beaming at his girlfriend once more, Artorias added on, "Oh, and just so you're in the know, Lia is going to be serving as your personal handmaiden until you both move to the Hallows, so she'll be staying in your care once I have to return home."

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Lia

Loner

Advanced Fighter (105)

Advanced Healer (90)

gems
size
Large
build
Light

The Ooze Participant
08-18-2021, 12:21 AM
She held her position as the Princess rushed from her den and ran to embrace her Master. She did however sneak a small glance up at them from the corner of her eyes. The joy and delight in the brown horned girl was hard to miss. The kiss was also intimate and told her much about their relationship. She already understood the allure of Artorias, and why it was so important she treated Briar to perfection. She promised silently that she would do exactly that. She would ensure Briar felt no loneliness while Artorias was back in his pack. She would be the perfect companion - whatever that meant to Briar.

It was almost jarring when Briar acknowledged her, her head shot up, just a little, and she found herself meeting the warm green gaze of the Princess, just for a second. There was entirely too much warmth and kindness there. It was too much to hope that Briar would hold the same foreign ideals of Artorias, that she would believe in gentleness with her Slaves. But, in seeing that smile, hope she did all the same.

At Briars words, Artorias began the introductions. Explaining who she was, and what she would be doing for the two of them. She gave Briar a soft smile while Artorias spoke. “it’s a pleasure to meet you, My Lady, Artorias and the Warlord have spoken very warmly of you. It will be my pleasure to serve you and keep you company.” she said as she moved forward at Arts beckoning, and reached to grab Briar's paw, pressing her lips to it in a kiss, remembering that this was a treasured Princess to two powerful wolves. Feeling intimidated and doing her best to be respectful.
Speech

Briar

The Hallows
Lady of Cinder

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
08-18-2021, 12:51 AM

She gave Idalia a little nod as Artorias introduced her before giving her boyfriend a slightly confused glance as he mentioned that she was the reason for the trip that he had gone on with her father. As he began to explain how they had gone to a special market that sold everything - including wolves her confusion shifted to surprise and the puzzle pieces began to fall into place in her mind. She wasn't completely oblivious to the idea of slaves and servants, especially not since Iris had joined and she had been spending time near the den she shared with Mortis as her brother helped her train. She had gotten to know her mother's handmaiden by proxy and learned the nature of her position in the pack. She looked to Lia as he motioned toward her and declared that she was their new servant. Never once had she considered that she might want a servant of her own and even now she wasn't sure what jobs she might have for Lia to do, but she trusted Artorias' judgement and she of course would never turn down any sort of gift from him, even if it was another wolf.

She grinned as Art more formally introduced her to Lia, calling her a Princess of the Armada. She noticed him saying that she was the one he had been telling Lia about and she chuckled, giving Art a playful glare. "All good things I hope," she commented, giving him a little nudge. Surprise crossed her expression again when he mentioned that their servant would be serving as her handmaiden once he had to return home, a softer smile pulling across her features. It all suddenly made more sense once he put it in that context. While she may not have many tasks she needed help with, she could still use the company and she supposed she could find something for Lia to help her with if she really wanted. But just having some kind of companionship in the time that Art was away was possibly the best gift he could have gotten her. She pressed a grateful kiss to his cheek before looking toward Lia as she moved closer.

She grinned a little as Lia lifted her paw to kiss it, chuckling at the formality of it all. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Lia. You don't need to call me your lady or any of that. Just Briar is fine. I appreciate your manners though, it's very sweet of you." She looked between Lia and Art as she asked, "Did you all just get back? Has she gotten a tour of the pack yet?" If not she at least knew what the first order of business needed to be!

"Briar Fatalis"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

08-18-2021, 01:04 AM

Artorias smiled when Briar kissed his cheek, then watched the interaction between the two ladies unfold. He had fully expected some degree of formality from Idalia, especially since he knew she would refer to Briar as her Lady until instructed otherwise, but even he was caught by surprise when she came closer, head held low in submission, and pressed a kiss of fealty to Briar's paw. It took all of Art's self control to not snicker, but the corners of his lips did instantly turn upward in an amused grin. To her credit, Briar took it all in stride, greeting Lia gracefully and in a manner most befitting a princess. As he expected, Briar urged Lia to refer to her by her name rather than title and Artorias snickered. Good luck with that, Briar...

Briar asked if they had just arrived back, and Artorias gave an affirmative nod. "We did, actually. Your dad's putting the purchases he made away, and I brought Lia straight to meet you." He waved to the expanse of grasslands around them, smiling at both ladies. "Would you like to do the honors, Briar? This is your home, after all, and it will give you a chance for you to get through the getting to know each other stage Lia and I had already." Plus he would get to tag along and observe how the two young women got along and how their personalities meshed.

One big happy family

Lia

Loner

Advanced Fighter (105)

Advanced Healer (90)

gems
size
Large
build
Light

The Ooze Participant
08-18-2021, 01:24 AM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2021, 01:27 AM by Lia. Edited 1 time in total.)
Adalia smiled and inclined her head in agreement as Briar asked if it was ‘all good things’ he hid another smile as Briar mentioned not to call her ‘Lady’ Art had suggested this might happen. She was surprised that the two of them seemed inclined to give her a tour of the property. Everything about them was far afield from what she knew of the world. She was starting to see that she was going to be okay, even after Artorias made her way back to The Hallows.

“Thank you, Briar” she said, dipping her head again letting her eyes drift between the two wolves that were in charge of her life. “Please, Mistress, will you tell me about yourself? I want to make this transition as smooth and pleasurable for you as possible.” She said politely as Art indicated the ‘getting to know each other’ stage. If she had an idea of what things Briar liked, she would know how best to tend to her comforts.
Speech

Briar

The Hallows
Lady of Cinder

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

08-18-2021, 03:11 PM

Briar nodded in understanding as Artorias explained that he had come right here with Idalia to meet her while her father put away the other stuff they had gotten and grinned as he offered to let her do the honors of showing their new servant around so they could have a chance to get to know each other. "Sure!" She got to her paws then, but not before she leaned closer to Artorias and whispered in his ear just so only he could hear, "I do want some alone time with you later though." She smirked and gave his hip a flick with her tail before turning her attention fully to Lia. She smiled and nodded when she heard the request to tell her more about herself so things could go smoothly. "Of course! I want to know what kind of things you like as well. We can talk some as we walk, but I'm sure there will be plenty of time to get to know each other soon enough."

She turned a bit and stepped out of the way so Lia could see the den she had just emerged from. "This is where I've been staying. It's actually my older brother's den, but I've been staying with him for a while. I have a separate room so we can expand it or dig out a room for you as well! There's plenty of room for tonight at least so maybe we can start working on that tomorrow?" Servant or not she certainly didn't want Lia to be uncomfortable and not have a space for herself. She led the way as she moved away from the den toward the center of the territory toward the clearing where they usually held meetings in front of the Obelisk. "This is where our pack meetings are usually held and it's generally a good place to meet up or call for anyone if you ever need to. So if something is going on and you can't find me you can come here to call for me and even if I can't make it someone can come help." She pointed out the open put where there was usually a bonfire lit, but right now it was just a damp, sandy pit with some charred remnants left behind. "Usually there's a big bonfire here, but it's been really rainy lately so we haven't gotten to light it much."

She started moving away from the meeting space toward the other side of the plains where this land met up with the beach, walking along side Artorias with Idalia on her other side. Briar turned a smile toward Lia, her tail wagging gently behind her. "So Lia... What kind of things have you been trained in before? What kind of things do you like to do?" She wondered if her former owners had given her any kind of real training or not or if she would be starting from scratch. It wasn't really a question of if she was going to be trained to fight, it was more of a question of how much training she would need. Growing up in the Armada it just felt like something that was expected and Briar was kind of excited to have Lia as her student so they would have something to work on together.

"Briar Fatalis"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

08-18-2021, 10:48 PM

Briar's enthusiasm toward getting to know her new handmaiden and accepting her so readily into her life lightened Artorias' heart. He had been so worried that Briar would reject the idea, or find some fault or flaw in his actions and reasoning, but she hadn't. Perhaps that came from her life living in the Armada, where these sorts of roles were more common? Either way, it made it easier for Art to relax and watch the interactions between the two ladies unfold. He didn't miss the suggestive words whispered from his girlfriend, however, nor the way her bushy tail swatted at his hips. He shot her a quick grin that promised her all the alone time she wanted, then followed the two young women as Briar began the tour for Lia.

While Briar took Lia around the Armada and showed off her new home to her, Artorias contented himself with watching the two girls, enjoying how they interacted and feeling more confident and comfortable in leaving them both when he had to return home to the Hallows. He hung slightly behind the group so he could keep an eye on them without making it obvious, doing his best to keep his gaze neutral and not wander over either of the faes too much. Adolescent hormones were hard to ignore, and when he was escorting his girlfriend and the handmaiden who had attempted twice to be intimate with him, it was difficult to keep his mind in the moment. So Artorias focused on simply following the tour, enjoying watching his Briar shine in the spotlight as she highlighted all of the important places in the Armada and being generally diplomatic and amiable with Idalia.

One big happy family

Lia

Loner

Advanced Fighter (105)

Advanced Healer (90)

gems
size
Large
build
Light

The Ooze Participant
08-18-2021, 11:53 PM
Briar was just as keen to get to know her as she was to get to know the princess. Poor Briar was going to be terribly disappointed when she learned the the pinnacle of Adalia’s personality was ‘how to keep her Master happy’ and ‘how to minimise getting brutalised’ anything beyond that was a mystery even to Lia.

“Whichever you please, My Lady” she said as Briar suggested how they could expand the den. At least it seemed she would be denning with the Princess, instead of a separate slave complex. Surely that would make it easier to tend to the other woman's needs.

They moved away from the den and towards the packs center. The large stone Obelisk took up much of her view as they made their way past it. She was told how central this location was, and was pointed towards a dug fire pit. Having no inkling as to why she might need to call for help, she nodded her head. “Good to know Lady Briar, thank you.”

They began to walk towards the beach, and Lia was struck by the beauty of it. The hot sand beneath her paws, and the sun dancing off the waves. After the boat the marauders had taken to get here, she had had little chance to stop and admire the beat. She was distracted by that pretty sight, and glanced towards Briar as she asked her a question. “Mostly in the art of pleasure, My lady - - Er” she paused, remembering all the strange reactions she had gotten from Artorias, and also from Sirius when Art had offered her ‘massaging’ skills. Best not to make anyone feel awkward. “That is to say, massaging My lady. And general fetching and carrying and whatever work is required. I can start a fire and care for a camp.” she fumbled with her words, trying to find more delicate ways to say ‘mostly I was fucked, other times I was a beast of burden’

Speech

Briar

The Hallows
Lady of Cinder

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

08-19-2021, 12:52 AM

Once they reached the beach, she noticed how Lia's attention was immediately taken away by the sight and she smiled, her tail wagging gently as she watched the fire-marked woman enjoy the view in front of them. However, her smile was replaced by surprise as Lia mentioned how "the art of pleasure" had been the main thing she was trained in, except she very quickly backpedaled from that statement. She raised a brow at Idalia, smirking as she tried very hard to insist that she had meant massages and other general tasks like fetching things and starting fires, but there was a bit of doubt in her eyes at that. With everything that she and Art had done together she wasn't exactly oblivious when it came to things for "pleasure" and it made her all the more curious about Lia's past. She didn't question her on it right now, but she tucked that curiosity away for later.

"Well, I'll definitely make use of fetching and carrying and other general tasks," she agreed with a soft chuckle. Meanwhile, she came to a stop near the barracks and the training areas that were separated out in the sand. "Something you'll be trained for with me is fighting and self defense. This is where we do most of our training. The sand makes for a good surface to train on since it helps test your balance and it's softer to land on if you fall down." She smiled, looking to Lia to see what her reaction to that declaration would be before glancing toward Artorias. "Art, I've been meaning to do some training with you for Ophelia... Maybe we can hold a larger training for her and Lia both? Maybe see if anyone else in the pack wants to join in?" Looking back to Lia again she added, "Artorias is a great teacher. You should definitely learn from him some before he goes back to The Hallows."

"Briar Fatalis"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

08-19-2021, 01:19 AM

As the group moved towards the beach, Artorias heard Idalia's audible gasp of delight and gave the smaller wolf a smirk. He also had a love for the coast and the ocean, and he began to silently wonder just what sort of things Lia had seen in her life. Where had she been in the world? What would her reaction be like when she finally came to the Hallows and saw the castle beside the sea? He chuckled to himself at the thought. Briar began to ask what Lia was trained in, and when the handmaiden answered with "the art of pleasure" Artorias nearly choked from surprise. He hadn't mentioned anything about that to Briar, not thinking Lia would mention it herself after the way he had told her she needn't do those things against her will anymore. Fortunately, Briar didn't seem too taken aback, and instead seemed... almost interested? Oh boy... What were those two going to be getting up to together?

They arrived at the barracks where Artorias had been staying and training rings. Briar summarized how all wolves in the Armada were trained in basic self defense, then asked if he would do some training sessions with her sister Ophelia and Lia. "Of course!" he replied with enthusiasm and a toothy smile. He hadn't gotten to know Briar's other littermates besides Gossamer, so he took any chance he could get to get to know the rest of the Fatalis brood. Briar turned to Idalia and began to compliment his teaching, to which the young wolf folded his ears abashedly to his head and wore a shy grin. "Well, I don't know about 'great teacher', but I try my best. I'm always happy to share what I know. Maybe it'll inspire or enable someone."

One big happy family

Lia

Loner

Advanced Fighter (105)

Advanced Healer (90)

gems
size
Large
build
Light

The Ooze Participant
08-19-2021, 01:32 AM
Luckily her bumbling went by without remark, and Briar, ever the expert conversationalist, promised she would make use of some of the skills she possessed. She offered the horned Princess a smile. Then… they arrived at the barracks. An impressive building for sure, and Briar let loose a small bomb shell on her. “Oh… Mistress, I couldn't” She said, stress breaking through the gentle even tones of her voice.

To carry a weapon as a slave was a death sentence. Any bid to defend herself only ensured a greater destruction. She had learnt that lesson well, and fast. One could run, and lengthen the chase. They could scramble, and tear their claws out to get away, but one did not fight back. “Truly, I… I have no need for such skills, Mistress.”

Speech

Briar

The Hallows
Lady of Cinder

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

08-20-2021, 01:09 AM

Briar glanced over at Artorias with a grin as he tried to shrug off her compliments, down playing how good he was at teaching. He was a wonderful fighter in general with skills that she had never seen anyone do, but he was an extremely good teacher and incredibly patient with anyone that wanted to learn from him. "Oh he's just being modest," she insisted with a chuckle as she looked back at Idalia, but her smile faltered a little when she saw how her new servant's expression had changed. Her insistence that she couldn't and that she had no need for those kinds of skills held a hint of stress and worry and it made Briar's expression soften a bit.

"Of course you do," she insisted, but her tone was more gentle this time, more encouraging. "You need to be able to defend yourself. What if we're out scouting together and we get attacked by a tiger or a saber cat? I don't want either of us to get hurt. I'm a good fighter, but if it's a serious threat like that I'll need your help." She smiled again, adding, "You don't have to be scared of fighting. We'll walk you through all of it and make it really easy to understand, okay?"

"Briar Fatalis"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

08-20-2021, 01:42 PM

Artorias wasn't really surprised when Idalia looked shocked and flustered at the prospect of fighting lessons. The young woman probably never defended herself a day in her life, especially given that retaliation against her masters was usually met with swift and brutal reprisal. But Briar insisted, claiming he was a great teacher, and that she wanted her handmaid to be able to protect herself if they were to be attacked by wild animals. Artorias' expression darkened a little; he didn't think wild predators would be much of a threat to the young ladies, but he could definitely think of other situations he would want them to be able to defend themselves in. Idalia had only known life as a slave, and as such would be an easy and meek target to a bandit or a raiding party. He didn't like the thought of someone ambushing her, with or without Briar, and the fireborne fae not even putting up a fight to defend her right to the life she was receiving with Artorias and Briar. If that came to be, there was a very real possibility he would never see Lia again.

The incessant urge to protect and shelter grew strong within him. He could understand her reluctance to participate in any training, but if Briar hadn't made it obvious that this was a non-negotiable deal, then he would have. "Let's not worry about that right now," he interjected, giving a soft smile to both ladies, though making a point to look only at Lia when he spoke, letting ti be known he was addressing her specifically. "We have a lot of time to discuss things like that later. For now, let's just get Lia settled in and familiar with her new home before we try to tackle fighting lessons." There, hopefully that would ease Lia's nerves and settle Briar to know he wasn't refusing her wishes.

One big happy family

Lia

Loner

Advanced Fighter (105)

Advanced Healer (90)

gems
size
Large
build
Light

The Ooze Participant
08-22-2021, 01:46 AM
The scenario her Lady proposed was certainly not very appealing. As a wolf who was normally in the center of camp, surrounded by burly, rough men, it wasn’t something she had ever had to worry about before. She supposed it made a sort of sense. She was a handmaiden now, she was following around one wolf. There could easily be a chance that they would be out there alone and get attacked by something. It made sense, but she didn’t like it.

“Your right of course, My Lady. I will learn enough to defend you” or at least enough to buy Briar time to escape while she got eaten…

She was grateful when Art steered the conversation away from fight training, and the expression she turned to him said as much. ‘Is there anything else you wish to show me?”
=

Speech