Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - DemisexualDouble Master
Bronze Medal 20201K
09-09-2021, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2021, 06:24 PM by Mæva. Edited 1 time in total.)

Mæva settled at the edge of the frozen lake, near the hole she'd managed to create with her companions help and a metal stick from an old human dwelling. On long strands of sinew she'd tied a small piece of rancid meat and waited patiently for a fish to bite. Her lemur companion insisted this would work but she was rather doubtful considering the lemur had rarely ever seen snow. Still, she was game to try. She laid out a deer hide and settled down to wait and just enjoy the quiet stillness of winter. A soft, thin layer of snow covered everything around her but she could still see hints of color here and there. From the warm browns of the cat tails to the cool green of grass bent over by the weight of snow.

Amaranth

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Fox
09-10-2021, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2021, 08:58 AM by Amaranth. Edited 1 time in total.)

Amaranth didn't mind putting in minimal effort whenever possible, regardless of what she was doing. In her opinion wolves who thought that was a lazy, slovenly trait could simply enjoy their high blood pressure, preferably in silence far away from her. Why give something her all, when giving it her 'Meh' was just as good? In this particular instance, she could even go so far as to say snow was making her life easier, providing her a low effort method of tracking. (Emphasis on 'could', because she refused to do so out loud, because Edvard would never let her live it down.)

The cat was off in the woods somewhere, claiming he'd caught a whiff of rabbit and having disappeared not long after. Mara suspected he was actually just bored, not that she could blame him. Tracking down a pack wolf was not often on their agenda. The snow did little to hold in scent, but Mara swore she recognized who was hiding under all that pack nonsense. When the forest opened up to a wide, flat plane she was delighted to have her suspicions confirmed. She'd recognize this wolf anywhere, even if she wasn't sitting around doing something weird. Excitement surged up, taking over her limbs and propelling her forward into a run. "Mævaaaaa!" She barreled headlong across the shoreline and at the last moment leaped with every intention of tackling her sister into a long-awaited hug.

"TALK" "YOU" THINK

(Amaranth has a male Bobcat companion, if he is not mentioned assume he is not present)

Mæva

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - DemisexualDouble Master
Bronze Medal 20201K
09-11-2021, 08:06 PM

Mæva yawned as she waited for a fish to bite on the line. It was easier to feel warm when she was up and moving and not crouched on a hide on top of a frozen lake. She heard something approaching and looked up as someone shouted her name. It was unmistakably her sister. "Mara?!" She yelled in surprise before Amaranth collided with her in a fierce tackle/hug that knocked her off the pelt and onto ice. Mæva flailed about a bit before getting back up on her feet, tail wagging rapidly. "Mara, it's so good to see you, what have you been up to?" She wasn't worried about the line, she'd let her lemur look after the fishing line for awhile. After all, it was his idea to try ice fishing in the first place. He could put in a little work.

Amaranth

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Fox
09-27-2021, 12:05 PM

Mara spent a few long moments reveling in the fact that her sister! Was here! And she was able the chew on her! And hug her! And holy shit, she didn't actually realize how much she'd missed her until this very moment. Which was kind of ideal when you started to think about it. There were plenty of times she'd wanted to show her something or tell her a joke or get her opinion, but Mara was confident in the knowledge that all of her siblings were smart and capable and probably doing well wherever they were. It was a comfortable kind of faith that made the distance and time easier. But hot dang, being with one of them was definitely better.

Once she felt Maeva pull away Mara stood up too and shook out her coat, all bright eyes and toothy smile. "Just good? Your dreams weren't simply brimming with longing to see my face again one day? I'm hurt." She feigned a sniff, but couldn't hold onto her mock offense for longer than a second before a grin was back in place. "I've just been stretching my legs, honestly. It's a big world out there, lots to see." Mara leaned back and paused, giving her sister a very blatant once over all the way from ears to claws. "What about you? You look so... I don't know!" Gods, how long had it been since they'd seen one another? Mara knew that she'd matured past her gawky yearling stage ages ago, but Maeva semmed to have developed not only healthy bulk but, dare she say, an air of greater self-assurance too? Finally she scrunched up her snout and ground out the best word she could think of. "Old..."

"TALK" "YOU" THINK

(Amaranth has a male Bobcat companion, if he is not mentioned assume he is not present)

Mæva

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Bronze Medal 20201K
09-28-2021, 11:16 AM

Mæva was eager to hear about her sister's adventures. She was sure that Mara had plenty of interesting, and possibly embellished, tales to share. In some ways in sister's reappearance made her heart ached. She missed their tight little group. Originally she thought she'd be traveling with her father and siblings forever, but that clearly hadn't worked out.

Mæva feigned insult. "Heyyyy, you mean older, as in aging like a fine ass wine. But yea, I've been busy. I actually decided to join a pack here in the east and give it a try for awhile. Abaven's a pretty laid back group and I've been getting a lot of hunting done." She gestured to the hole in the ice where her lemur was tending the line. "Thought I'd try some ice fishing, no luck so far. I take it you're still traveling solo? Have you run into dad or anyone else?"