size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
09-11-2021, 08:40 PM
Come down, come down sweet reverence

They went west, through the hot and barren terrain of the west and Jynn had to admit she didn't care too much for what she'd seen so far. True, it was warmer here but it was dry and barren so far. They finally got something of a break when the moved southward but alas they ran into another pack border. Before them laid a rich field of tall, pale golden grasses, taller than even Álarr. Jynn crouched down, watching intently as something came at them through the grass.

A deer appeared, lowering his antlered head to drink from a thin stream. A moment later it started to rain. She watched as the buck slipped back into the grass. "Well, I think we'll have to shift our course back toward the rocks and work southward from there." In the mean time she'd enjoy the cool rain. It felt amazing after all the dry heat.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
09-11-2021, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2021, 08:41 PM by Álarr. Edited 1 time in total.)
Álarr decided that so far he was unimpressed with the west. They went from hot and sandy, to hot and rocky with nary a brief respite. Once they did find a more promising looking territory it was of course, claimed. He gazed out farther west but soon nodded his agreement to Jynn. If they were to try and go around via the west they'd inevitably hit ocean and there was no guarantee they could just shimmy on past. Thankfully, the stream ran out past the border and he bent his head to take a much needed drink. They'd want to make sure they were good and hydrated before head southeast along the rocks.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (260)

Master Fighter (315)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
09-11-2021, 08:41 PM

Jynn padded after Álarr, dipping her head as well to take a drink of the cool water that ran from the stream. When she was done she licked her lips and gazed again at the golden grasses as the wind rustled through them. She wondered if the place would be green when spring and summer rolled around again. That would be a journey for another time. She stretched and headed east toward the rocks. The good thing was if they travelled close enough to the rocks then they could travel in shade during the morning and maybe hide amongst them in the evening. "Ok, I think I'm ready. Maybe things will green up in the southeast part." The Vericona Plains seemed a promising sign.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Promptober 2019
09-11-2021, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2021, 08:42 PM by Álarr. Edited 1 time in total.)
Álarr nodded as Jynn said she was ready to go. He started off after her, hoping she was right about finding greener pastures. "Jynn, I don't mean to pry but do you always intend to live like this? Wandering constantly?" Frankly, Álarr couldn't see the appeal. He did enjoy wandering to new territories to collect herbs but part of the journey was the relief at arriving home and having a place to stay and recover for the next journey. He liked knowing he always had a place to go and return to. Living a nomadic life and constantly moving seemed stressful. It was hard to believe she actually liked living like this.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (260)

Master Fighter (315)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

09-11-2021, 08:42 PM

Jynn shook her coat out a bit to fluff it up against the chill rain. Thankfully, the rain was falling gently and there was very little wind to speak of. She glanced back at Álarr and nodded. "Definitely. I can't stand the idea of staying in one spot forever. I want to see the world. So what about you? You always gonna stay in the same old pack?" She knew he wandering life style might seem strange to traditional pack wolves but their lifestyle was equally strange to her. Well, perhaps strange wasn't the right word. Boring, maybe. They continued on past the Vericona Plains and Jynn eagerly awaited the next territory, hoping the pack border didn't go on too long. She was eager to run free.

-exit-

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
09-11-2021, 08:43 PM
Álarr quirked a brow at Jynn though she probably couldn't see the expression on his face. He supposed there were just some things about the woman he wasn't going to understand as he couldn't understand her disdain for having a stable home to return to. "Yes, I plan to. I don't mind wandering and finding new lands. I need to in order to collect the herbs that will help my pack but I like having a home to return to. I like to have family waiting for me." He didn't mean it as any sort of jab but her life did sound terribly lonely. Not that Álarr was great at socializing. He tended to keep to himself but it was good knowing he could easily find company whenever he felt he needed it.

-exit-