size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
10-01-2021, 09:04 PM
ooc: dated back to autumn

Come down, come down sweet reverence

How was it so hot out? Jynn had hoped with the coming of autumn to be able to explore in more mild temperatures but the west seemed to hold onto summer far longer than the other regions of Boreas. Jynn continued walking down the rust-colored earth of the river bed. Everything was covered in sand and up ahead she could see clouds of it whipping up into the air from the wind. The sky was a dull blue with a few pale blue cloud streaking through. She didn't hope for rain though, she knew this area rarely saw it. Large green catcti grew as tall as trees with branching arms here, other shrubs and desert plants popped up here and there around her.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
10-01-2021, 09:06 PM

Álarr had run into Jynn again and though he politely tried to decline her offer to go on yet another strange adventure he some how found himself agreeing to journey with her once more. This time they were wandering the west. So far his only take away was that it was dry… unbearably dry. Sand swirled around his paws and the sun beating down on the ground heated the sand to an uncomfortable level. Álarr had tried to walk in some of the patches of grass but after picking up several burrs and thorns he soon abandoned that idea and just stuck tot he river bed trail.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
10-01-2021, 09:07 PM

Jynn panted and shook out her coat, before she glanced back to see how Álarr was doing. She was at least partially suited to the heat. Her ears and long legs helped to cool her blood and ease her body temperature. Álarr seemed to be managing ok so she simply pressed on. As the passed through a narrow part of the old river bed she found herself particularly close to one of the large plants and she gazed at it in amazement. It was covered in huge thorns. Sheesh, even the plants here were unwelcoming. Jynn turned her attention back to the trail. "I sure hope we get through this soon."

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Promptober 2019
10-01-2021, 09:07 PM

Álarr was too tired to speak so he simply nodded as Jynn stated that she hoped they'd get through this mess soon. Finding his tongue he added his two cents. "Why exactly do you want to be out here in the desert anyway?" It didn't seem like a great place to explore. What was there to see out here? Sand… sand…. a cactus… oh look, more sand. It seemed like hardly anything lived out here and he much preferred the mountains of the north if he was going to go out sight-seeing. Though, if he had to guess, Jynn probably just picked a direction and started heading that way without doing my scouting or surveying ahead of time. But perhaps he was being too judgmental. Alarr had a raven after all, as far as he could tell Jynn did not have a flying companion that could scout ahead for her.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

10-01-2021, 09:08 PM

Jynn chuckled at Alarr's question and lightly shrugged her shoulders. "I mean, I didn't intend to find the desert, I just wanted to go see more of the west and this is where I ended up." True, a desert might not be her favorite place to explore but it was still an interesting destination now and then. It made her appreciate more humid climates for what they were. She gathered Álarr did not feel the same but she didn't press it. She knew he was a fighter and a healer, not an explorer. "I'm sure we'll run into some water and plants eventually. This river bed had to have come from somewhere."

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
10-01-2021, 09:09 PM

As he figured Jynn hadn't put much thought into how she ended up to be in the desert. She was simply there. He couldn't imagine just wandering wherever his feet took him. Sounded like a recipe for trouble. Then again they'd both experienced that spot of trouble, unjustified as it was. Álarr lowered his head to help ease the refracting light from the sun and continued on, hoping Jynn was right and that they'd run into a more hospitable territory before the heat of noon was upon them. He wondered what is father would say if Valentine saw him wandering about in the desert like this without much of a plan. Probably call him a fool.