Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipExplorerOoh La LaWinnerPride - Bisexual
All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1OverachieverStudentCritical Attack!
Critical Dodge!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! HomebodyIce Bridge ExplorerLoserVengeance
Island HopperDouble MasterLegendaryHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave1KValentines 2020
VolcanoCritical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019
10-03-2021, 01:14 AM

It had been a long while since Zee ventured as far into the territory as Sea's Plain. She'd headed out before sunset, stood upon the marked circles in the sand that made up their practice rings, and stared daggers into a practice dummy as the water loomed just before her. The tide advanced quickly as the sun set and the full moon rose, and Zee was forced to step out from the ring as the water began to lap at her paws a touch too early. As darkness fell upon her, some odd form of light did as well - not the light of the moon, which seemed almost brighter then any full moon she'd ever seen - but beneath the waves, as ocean-life bloomed with an oddly purple and blue tinted glow.

Though the snow was not quite so heavy this far east, the night was still cold and the ocean breeze only made it colder. She stepped back from the captivating shore, turning into what appeared to be a cluster of blue fireflies. She swore she'd have ran into them, though there was no touch upon her face where there should have been. Paw steps sounded upon the sand and her head spun towards them instinctively, then back toward the glowing flies that had now mysteriously vanished. "Sirius, something's strange out here." She warned him in lieu of a greeting, staring into the darkness.

"Speech"

Sirius as her husband may crash any of Zee's threads.

Zee has a rough scaled bush viper companion as well as a toucan, who unless otherwise stated can assume to not be present.
During combat, Zee wears a wrapping of thorns around her kudu horns.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
10-03-2021, 01:30 AM

It was dark, and Zee wasn’t in their den. Unease pricked at his skin, a mixture of a strange feeling in the air, and his protectiveness of his wife (or rather, best friend, as the label she preferred at the moment). He was not going to be able to settle until he knew where she was, so he walked past the den without doing more than glancing in to confirm what his nose had already told him.

He circled around the grassy plains, and then made his way down to the ocean. Finding her there, with her tawny light coat glowing beneath the full moon. He paused for a moment, a good few strides away. Just… standing there, and watching her. Her head faced down towards the waves. The curve of her antlers stretching out past her ears. He could almost ignore the way her ribs showed beneath her coat. He closed his eyes a moment, took a breath, and then moved on again.

Walking across the sand as she turned from the ocean, and stepped into a hive of fireflies that he could almost have sworn hadn’t been there a moment ago. He frowned, picking up his pace, and the sound of his footfalls alerted her. “I saw them.” he replied, though he couldn’t exactly say in what second they had vanished. “Your right, i’m not sure about all this.” he commented. There was a strangeness in the air.

"Zee" & "Sirius"

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1OverachieverStudentCritical Attack!
Critical Dodge!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! HomebodyIce Bridge ExplorerLoserVengeance
Island HopperDouble MasterLegendaryHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave1KValentines 2020
10-03-2021, 01:52 AM

Zee wasn't quite sure if it was a good sign or a foreboding sign that something had alerted the warlord as well, bringing him out toward her this far from their den, but she was comforted by his presence regardless. She backed away from the shores and the empty space the fireflies had once filled, pressing herself against his side and suppressing the shudder that ran down her spine. "Even the cypress trees," Zee gestured to them with a nudge of her horned head. "I swear I've seen a glow run through their leaves."

The Armada alphas had been through dozens of difficult and frightening encounters together, everything from natural disasters to bloody and brutal raids, but Zee had never seen anything so otherworldly and foreign such as this. Normally it would have calmed her entirely to be so close to the towering wolf who'd protected her so fervently for so long, but what could Sirius do against the supernatural? She shook her head, blew out a breath, and nuzzled her nose into his neck. "Maybe I'm overreacting." She murmured, sounding unconvinced.  

"Speech"

Zee has a rough scaled bush viper companion as well as a toucan, who unless otherwise stated can assume to not be present.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
10-03-2021, 01:57 AM

She stepped closer to him, pressing herself into his side. He wrapped a paw about her, as through he could ward off any harm with the simple gesture. He kissed her forehead, keeping the gesture gentle, platonic. He wasn’t pushing her in any way, only offering comfort. As she brought his attention to the trees, he frowned and peered closer at one such specimen. “Strange indeed, i’ll have to talk to Mojito and get his thoughts on it” Perhaps he had an understanding about what was affecting the greenery.

“No, I’ve never seen anything like it” He said, wishing to step closer to a Cypress to examine it, but unwilling to let go of Zee. “And those fireflies? I could swear they simply vanished. The last time we got a whiff of something strange about fireflies…” he trailed off, and twanged her horns gently with a paw.

"Zee" & "Sirius"

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

10-03-2021, 02:15 AM

Zee nodded along with his assessment distractedly, the odd sensation of something unnatural in the air too powerful to allow her attention to fully drift away. It was the right call including their healer into the discussion, and she wished their wisest members still walked their plains. Resin, Iolaire, Natha, any of them might have further ideas into what was going on, but lately it seemed everyone was either dying or moving on. "Hopefully no one is too alarmed, the Armada doesn't need this, not so soon after the flood and not in the depth of winter." She mused worriedly.

Sirius' gentle twang of her horns brought back the memory of their last supernatural encounter, and Zee's head lifted and came down heavily upon him once more with a groan. "Noo, don't remind me." She lamented loudly. "The last thing we need is some creepy firefly bundle in a cloak showing up and stealing away our children's gifts." Her arms came up over her head, Sirius' large frame holding up her upper body weight easily as her paws struggled to grasp around her horns protectively. Zee had really hoped she'd seen the last of fireflies forever, and if she saw that monster again she doubted she'd be able to restrain herself from tearing out one of his many, many throats.

"Speech"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

10-03-2021, 02:38 AM

The Warlord grimaced unhappily at the reminder. “Or the pirates griefing us” He added in, just to cement their current list of woes. At her next words, he growled softly. “Just let the bastard… basterds? Try. I’ll, erm… snap them into… many?” how did one best a horde of fireflies in a cloak anyway? “As if our lives weren’t strange enough…” he said, shaking his head at some of the wonders of the world. He was quite certain that… event was why one of his sons had wings, and the other the paws of a bear.

Zee grasped her horns protectively, and Sirius supported her slight weight easily. “i’m going to do a sweep of the borders, look for anything else admiss, did you want to come?” he asked her.

"Zee" & "Sirius"

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

10-03-2021, 03:23 AM

Sirius' addition brought a sigh from her, and she begrudgingly nodded and confirmed the addition to their list of shit to deal with. "Yes, them too." The warlord continued with his bumbling threat and Zee smiled into his fur, shaking her head and pushing off of him back onto solid ground. Strange didn't even begin to cover it, and as she looked out over the faintly glowing shore her skin began to prick once more. "Indeed."

The offer of a patrol was one Zee normally would have turned down - after all, what was the point of running a patrol when she was in no shape to fight should there be a threat? - but sticking close to her husband's side sounded miles better then being alone in her den did, where the eerie ocean waters were clearly visible from their door. "I'll come along with you." She agreed. While it would have been nicer to drag Sirius back home with her, she could not argue that the border needed to be checked amidst the oddness.  

"Speech"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

10-03-2021, 03:28 AM

He gave a soft smile at his Wife's agreement. Having her close was always ideal, but more so when strangeness was afoot. He could protect her best when she was safely at his side. He glanced up at the moon distrustfully as he got back to his feet. “I swear there was a time in my life I would have thought a wolf insane if they came to me with fireflies in cloaks, or mutation-sprouting concussion, or glowing oceans and plants and colourful fireflies…” he muttered, shaking his head.

“Hell, add erupting volcanoes to that list” another head shake before he let himself fall into an easy pace. Heading back up towards the grassy plains so he could walk the perimeter with his wife. Also, never one to miss a chance to feed her, he asked. “Have you had dinner yet?”

"Zee" & "Sirius"

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-03-2021, 09:58 PM
SIRIUS

An unnatural hush falls over the area. You also find 4 crystals. Maybe these are worth keeping…

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-03-2021, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2021, 11:40 PM by NPC. Edited 1 time in total.)
Zeitgeist

An u̵̬̍nnatural hush falls over the area. You also find 3 mushrooms. Maybe these are worth keeping…