Advanced Intellectual (100)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono

Pride - AromanticSamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Snake Eyes
Pride - Demisexual
10-08-2021, 06:22 PM

Onyx had snuck out at night on occasion, really just wondering what the nighttime patrols were like. But tonight she felt a little different. As she followed the borders, away from the real patrolers, maybe even her dad, she only stopped to look around before heading off outside of the pack lands.

Not that she would have felt threatened, but she knew she would be safe on the rimmed island east of the pack. She had never been to it before, but she had definitely taken notice of it on her usual wanderings. Only when she reached the top of the rim was the scenery so surreal, it made her notice beauty she would have rather overlooked. Under the strange colors of the dense moon over the streaked ice, she actually really admired it for the first time in her life. A few of the strange fireflies, or not fireflies as Kuroki believed, were rested on the bits of trees and brush that were also coated over with snow and ice. The fireflies didn't seem to want to hide themselves, but they also weren't coming after her, so she didn't pay them much mind.

"Onyx"

Mature! For foul language. Can be prone to violence.

Cináed

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (245)

Expert Intellectual (191)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

Critical Attack!The Ooze ParticipantLoser
10-08-2021, 06:46 PM

Cináed was on his way back across the pack's borders when he noticed a movement out of the corner of his eye in the dark and he spotted Onyx leaving the pack, able to make out her blue and white coat from this distance in the cool moonlight. He watched her curiously for a moment before giving a little shrug of his shoulders and turning to follow her to see where she was going. It wasn't like he really had anything or anyone looking for him in the pack so what would a few more hours out of it do? He eventually caught up with her after crossing the land bridge that would take him to the neighboring island and followed behind her as she made her way up to the ridge that would look down into the middle of the island. She had maybe a five minute head start on him since he wasn't rushing to catch up, but eventually he came to stand beside her and blinked with surprise when he saw the glow that various things had down below and the pin points of light that looked kind of like oddly colored fireflies, but it was hard to tell from here. "Have you been out here before? Is it always like this?" He questioned, giving her a glance with a raised brow. He hadn't ventured onto the island before so it was purely a surprise to him, but he didn't know if this was a new development or not.

Cináed Praetor

Onyx

Hemlock
Paladin

Expert Fighter (188)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono

Pride - AromanticSamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Snake Eyes
Pride - Demisexual
10-08-2021, 07:33 PM

Onyx was surprised to have Cinaed join her, but not frightened at his presence. Her gaze turned to him while she had already taken a seat, and he asked if this place was always like this. Her eyes moved back down into the odd ocean island that seemed to be completely encased in ice and flourished with the glowing devil specks. She still wasn't scared of them as Kuroki had warned her. And she wasn't worried about what tomorrow would bring. She just had to over come each obstacle as it came along. There was no point in stressing over the fears of the unknown future. She just had to know how to handle it. "I haven't been here, so no, I can't say. But the changes we've had here in the north are happening all over, or from what I've heard."

"Onyx"

Cináed

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

10-08-2021, 07:48 PM

He hummed curiously at her answer and looked back down at the glowing landscape, sitting back onto his haunches as well. It was certainly unlike anything else he had seen before, but he didn't really have all that much interest in trying to get closer to explore. If this stuff was really happening everywhere then he was sure he'd eventually find more that he could examine that wasn't so difficult to get to. The sheer amount of fireflies on this island in the north was really strange though and he couldn't remember ever seeing this many bugs up here - especially not in the winter. That just felt like more evidence that these weren't actually fireflies at all, but he didn't know what else to call them either. Floating, glowing, blue lights... of some kind. "I'll have to keep an eye out for them while I'm exploring then," he said in response. He'd been traveling all around Boreas, but he had been sticking moderately close to the pack's lands over the last few days so perhaps that's why this was the first he had seen of them.

Cináed Praetor

Onyx

Hemlock
Paladin

Expert Fighter (188)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono

Pride - Demisexual
10-08-2021, 07:59 PM

Onyx huffed an obviously fake laugh, though the corner of her maw was still pulled just slightly upright at his reaction, "I'm not so scared. Or worried, whichever makes you feel more like a man." She joked, but she held truth in her words about the "fireflies". She wasn't scared of them. She wouldn't expect what could, or wouldn't happen. She had no idea and she didn't care. "Bunch of pansy ass boys." she chuckled lightly to herself while keeping her gaze down at the colored ice sheen, "You can take me as a sacrifice if they demand it, seems like no one else would be as worthy as one."

"Onyx"

Cináed

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

10-08-2021, 10:38 PM

Cina gave Onyx a bit of a confused glance when she made a bit of a scoffing laugh and stated how she wasn't scared of them. Why would she be scared? They were just fireflies and even if they weren't what could some small floating lights do? He raised a brow at the mention of what would make him feel "like a man" and talking about "pansy ass boys". It felt incredibly out of left field from where he was sitting. He hadn't spoken to Onyx in a little bit, not since he had begun his exploration of Boreas and separating himself from the pack, but he didn't really remember this side of her. He'd liked her before so it was a bit of a shame.

He gave a little shrug and got up to leave, pausing just long enough to say, "I meant look out for them so I could get a closer look without having to climb down a cliff to get to them." He scoffed softly in turn and began the trek back down and across the icy land bridge to head back toward the ship so he could get some sleep and repack his supplies for his next journey. He'd partially stuck around the pack because of Onyx and her siblings since he had gotten closer to them than any of his own siblings, but maybe that wasn't really worth him staying for either.

Cináed Praetor

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-10-2021, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 05:04 PM by NPC. Edited 1 time in total.)
Onyx

You notice the stars streaking faintly across the sky. You also find 3 mushrooms. Maybe these areͫ̑̋ worth keeping…

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-10-2021, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 05:04 PM by NPC. Edited 1 time in total.)
Cináed

A firefly lazily buzzes past. You also find 2 mushrooms. Maybe these are worth keeping…