Novice Intellectual (15)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 11KValentines 2020
Treat 2019
10-14-2021, 11:34 AM

Things had been...weird lately. She wasn't sure if it had something to do with the ice bridge she'd heard about up North or if this was some other completely different phenomenon, but all she knew was that the world seemed turned upside down. Perhaps it was the Abraxas God sending a message in some strange fashion that only they could. That was more believable to her. Though lately, she felt her faith waning the longer she went on in life. She yearned for children. Yearned to carry on the name she had devoted herself to. Despite being burned by her mother via abandonment and the knowledge she never met her sire, she had been true to herself and the Abraxas name.

Perhaps that was why she had come here. Following the oddities that had sprung up. Hoping for a sign from the Gods that she was not abandoned. Perhaps a little more time was what she needed...

Night had fallen. The moon had started to rise, though it wasn't the usual white or yellow she was used to seeing. For the first time in her life, she was looking at a pale blue moon. The color was soft and gentle...she didn't feel like it was foreboding, though she felt a sense of calm. Even here in the Estuary, everything was silent. The stars themselves appeared to move on their own, but she couldn't tell if that was from the effects of the drink she had been consuming earlier or if the world had indeed gone upside down.

She took a deep, calming breath before dropping her haunches unceremoniously onto the ground. Yeah...maybe she'd gotten a little too bitter at life these days...but she was trying her best.

"Speak"

Art
If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Viviane

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

Beginner Intellectual (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

The Ooze ParticipantValentines 2020
10-14-2021, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2021, 02:28 PM by Viviane. Edited 1 time in total.)
Her concerns for the pack's health in these uncertain times had led Viviane back out of pack lands not long after her return. She felt she did not know enough about the changes that had apparently very suddenly appeared, and she couldn't rest easy until she had taken it upon herself to investigate more. What of the effects of normally healthy, healing herbs that had begun to glow mysteriously? Did it change the affects? Did it become a poison? She found her restless paws taking her to the marshlands just outside the pack territory, usually a good place to gather wetland herbs. And, as expected, some were glowing.

She ignored the wisps dancing about her as she searched the glowing plants for one she recognized. There - a plant she knew as purple loosestrife. A good remedy for digestive ills... when it wasn't glowing. When it was? Well, that would be something she would need to find some way of learning.

Careful not to touch it with a bare paw or her teeth, she cut the stem with a sharp stone knife and wrapped it in a hide before stowing in her bag. She was about to set out to investigate another glowing plant when her eyes caught sight of a vaguely familiar form silhouetted in the moonlight, surrounded by tiny dancing wisps. "Ghost? Is that you?" she said unsurely, taking a step towards the woman. Her tail gave a slow uncertain wag. "Its Viviane. Do you remember me?"

Proserpina

Somnium

Expert Fighter (175)

Novice Intellectual (15)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 11KValentines 2020
Treat 2019
10-14-2021, 02:50 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She hadn't noticed the wisps that danced around her. She thought maybe she was just seeing things, that the drink she had was a little stronger than she thought and it was making her vision fuzzy. But when she heard a faint voice that sounded unsure, calling for "ghost" she slowly turned to find a smaller form also surrounded by dancing wisps. Huh...that was odd. Why would she be calling her a ghost? She looked down at herself briefly in confusion before the realization hit. "It's Viviane. Do you remember me?" Pale blue gaze studied her for a long moment, the fuzziness in her head reluctant to let her out of its grip. She studied the girl's soft features, her golden pelt glowing beneath the moonlight. Ah, of course. "Viviane of Valhalla...it's been a while," She said softly while trying to keep her voice and stature as composed as possible. It had been quite a while...she couldn't remember the last time she'd seen her. Funny why that was considering they were neighbors...but she had some blame in that considering she had pretty much chosen to hide away feeling sorry for herself.

She remembered now, though. Ghost was her alias. The name she used when she introduced herself to outsiders. She waved away a wisp that had gotten a little too close to her face, thinking it was her vision still acting funky, and was surprised when it dissipated in front of her eyes. Well...if this wasn't the doing of the Abraxas God, then she didn't know what to believe. "You're wary about what's happening around us, aren't you? I'm trying not to be...I believe this is the doing of my God, but..." For all her faith, why did she feel like it wasn't enough? Shouldn't he be blessing her with all that she desired for being such a loyal follower? Eligos had been blessed with horns and glowing markings and had even grown taller. Though he'd likely argue it was the doing of some witch, she was determined to believe their God had something to do with it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Speech"

Art
If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Viviane

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

10-15-2021, 04:28 AM
Viviane gave a smile of relief that Ghost had recognized her name at least, though she still wasn't certain of her welcome. She seemed especially reserved, and a great deal of time gaped between their meetings. Still, Viv moved up beside the pale woman to look out at the visa with her. "Your God?" she said, her voice as soft as Ghost's, hushed by the splendor and frightfulness of the changes. She hadn't been raised with any particular religious beliefs, though she knew Aurielle and her family held some so she'd had exposure to the idea of it, anyway. "Yes, I worry about this," she admitted. "I'm a healer, and my first thought is for the health of those around me and this?" She waved a paw at the fireflies, at the moon, at the blurring stars. "This doesn't feel safe to me. I don't know what affect the Changed plants will have if a healer tries to use them, or the Changed animals on anyone who tries to eat them. I'd like to think that the changes are just cosmetic, but, well... it seems really unlikely. I think we should all prepare for the worst case scenario, but I don't have any idea what that is."

Proserpina

Somnium

Expert Fighter (175)

Novice Intellectual (15)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

Treat 2019
10-15-2021, 02:17 PM

"Your God?" One ear flicked to her smaller friend for a moment. "Yes, the Fallen God. The founder of the Abraxas." She knew Viviane didn't know who or what she was talking about, but it didn't matter right now. Maybe she could tell Viv about him later...provided she could trust her, but...she had a feeling Viv was one of those trustworthy types. Maybe. Her attention was drawn to Viviane when she explained how she felt about the goings-on. Ina couldn't lie to herself, as much as she told herself it was the doing of her God, it made her uneasy still. She had been avoiding touching any glowing animals she found, though the plants...she had brushed by ferns and other foliage and so far, nothing weird had happened other than her getting a slight blue tint on her fur. "The world does seem out of balance right now...and if we are in danger, I don't know how to prepare against an unseen enemy." She turned to watch a handful of fireflies flickering around them. The way the stars looked like they were streaking across the sky. The faint glow of the plants around them...and just as she was about to say something, a bird suddenly flew from a tree and took off into the night.

She swore it glowed, and as the bird had flown off, she watched as a feather floated down in its wake. Landing a couple of yards from the pair. Ina quietly got up and walked over to it, head tilting as she inspected it. There was a possible risk if she touched it, but if something happened to her, Viv was a healer (that's the impression she got), then she'd have help. That, and Aerie wasn't too far from here either. Gently, she picked up the feather in her teeth and returned to Viviane's side. There, she gently placed it on the ground and looked at the patterned feather, gently glowing as if it were still attached to the bird. "Despite the uncertainty we have, there is still beauty in mystery. Don't you agree? Perhaps not everything is as it seems."

"Speech"

Art

Viviane

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

10-15-2021, 03:25 PM
"Oh." Viviane still wasn't quite following this Abraxas thing, but she nodded anyway. It clearly meant a lot to Ghost, and it seemed to be really bothering her. "I feel the same," she said. "It feels like just when I've got some confidence in my path and some control over my life, everything started spiraling completely out of control in ways I can't predict. I worry about my family, my pack, my friends. I need to learn as much as I can to try to... I don't know." She sighed. The world seemed to get more complicated the more she knew about it. Learned all she could about healing herbs, and suddenly the goalpost moved and the herbs glowed instead. Figure that one out.

She watched alongside Ghost as a bird fluttered off, their gazes both following the feather as it drifted down. Ghost stood and picked up the feather, returning to Viviane and setting the feather in front of her. Viviane traced the glowing feather with her eyes, troubled, but intrigued. At Ghost's words, she lifted her head quickly to meet her gaze and smiled. "That's as true as anything is. All we can do is keep our heads up and see where this takes us."

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-15-2021, 08:08 PM
Proserpina

You feel uneasy. You also find 1 mushroom. Maybe these are worth keeping…

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-15-2021, 08:42 PM
Viviane

You notice the full moon is brighter than you've ever seen before. You also find 2 mushrooms. Maybe these are worth keeping…