gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2
10-15-2021, 12:33 AM
He couldn't stay here anymore. The pack was gone, his parents were gone. There was nothing left for him here to even call home. He stood facing the world on the other side of the wall, just inside it's protective reach. The winter was cold, but he would have to press on. There wasn't anything left for him here, no reason for him to stay. He would find a new place for himself, a new home where he would make a new life. Whether his siblings wanted to come or not was up to them, but they wouldn't change his mind. He was leaving, and he was leaving now.

Night had fallen some time ago and the moon hung heavier in the sky than it had before, something that seemed strange but not alarmingly so. It was his first winter after all, so maybe that's what the moon did. Maybe the strange blue glow the moon seemed to have was normal too. That all seemed explainable, like something he just hadn't experienced yet. But what he didn't expect to see, and couldn't really understand with his young mind, was the strange blue glow that seemed to be coming from the trees some ways from the opening in the wall. That was different, and somewhat ominous. Maybe he should wait until the morning to leave, but he really didn't want to be stopped. Leaving at night was easy, secretive even. But the longer he stood, facing the strange blue glow across the field before him, the less inclined he was to investigate... alone anyway.

Finan

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (135)

Novice Intellectual (20)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

Pride - DemisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
10-15-2021, 01:18 AM
Things had changed pretty quickly for the young Praetor. His family's pack had disbanded. His mother and father had died...he didn't understand why things happened the way they did, but it was safe to say he was still grieving and he wasn't sure how to process them. He had kinda-sorta been keeping an eye on the whereabouts of a couple of his packmates. The silver-hued woman (Claire) that looked nice...his uncle, Ignis...the older guy that was usually with the silver woman...he had yet to approach them to ask if he could tag along. He wasn't sure that he wanted to be alone, and he wasn't sure what his siblings planned on doing.

He walked alongside the wall. The moon casting a strange glow over the lands. He had caught glimpses of the land beyond through various holes and cracks in the wall, and he was curious as to what lied beyond. He paused at one larger hole, peering through to see trees faintly glowing in the distance. What a strange thing...he'd never seen that before. He placed a hefty paw on a cold stone in an effort to get a better look, though when he did so, he spotted movement. He turned his head and found a familiar form.

He dropped back to the ground and made his way towards his brother, pale green eyes watching the way his brother looked beyond the wall the same as he had. "Raure, what are ye doin' here?" Was he done with everything, too?

Raure

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

10-15-2021, 01:35 AM
Although the strange blue glow across the field was strange, he didn't think he'd see his brother here. Finan wasn't exactly who he wanted to see if anyone,  but at least a pup couldn't stop him from leaving like an adult could. He probably couldn't take his brother in a fight, but at least there was a chance where one didn't exist if an adult had caught him trying to leave. He swallowed when his sibling noticed him, calling out to him immediately and asking what he was up to. He wanted to lie at first, tell him that he was just interested in the strange new things beyond their home instead of saying that he was leaving the north for good, the land he was born and raised in.

"I'm leaving." He finally said, staring into his brothers pale green eyes with his own blue ones that matched the glow from beyond. "There's nothing here now, not worth staying for anyway. Mom and dad are dead, the pack is gone, I want to see what else is out there... even if it does have a weird blue glow." He tried to sound confident, and he felt like he did pretty well despite the growing amount of fear he was feeling about doing this on his own.

Finan

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (135)

Novice Intellectual (20)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

10-15-2021, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2021, 03:31 PM by Finan. Edited 1 time in total.)
"I'm leaving." were the first words out of his brother's mouth. Pale green gaze met blue, though Fin couldn't quite bring himself to answer right away. He glanced beyond the wall, focusing on the glowing trees beyond. He went on to say there wasn't anything here for them anymore. Their parents were dead. Pack was gone...Fin's ears flattened at the mention of their parents, tears prickling at his eyes but he kept them at bay. He understood where his brother was coming from. "I know things 'ave been heard lately, Raure, but..." He took a deep breath as he turned his gaze up to the sky, watching as the stars seemingly shifted around. It seemed even the world had gone upside down if it seemed stars were moving. On top of the glowing trees around them. "If ye want to go, I won't stop ya. You are right. Ain't nothin' for us here. I dunno what I'm gonna do, but I s'pose I'll figure it ou' eh?"

They were still pretty young. Being out on their own could prove dangerous, but maybe they'd make it out there. He drew closer to his brother, seeking to press his nose to his brothers shoulder if he'd let him. "I'll support your decisions. You're my brother, and I'll support Aine, too." He sighed as he pulled away, taking a seat as he motioned around them. By this point, he swore he saw blue floaty things dancing in the trees and the moon seemed more ominous, though he figured maybe it was just the way the moon looked in the Winter. It was their first winter, after all. "I know our family is a little...I dunno...maybe not close, but we don' know our history an' we don' know everythin' everyone else has been through eh? Mum and Da are..." he swallowed as he was hesitant to say they were dead again. But...it was the truth. Nothing would bring them back. "Y'know...an that's the start of our history. But things will get better, eh?" He would be supportive to his siblings and their decisions. He had no doubts about that.

A blue glowing firefly wandered close to him, even going as far as landing on his nose and he watched it in awe. Maybe this would be the chance for new beginnings. He gently blew at it, though instead of flying off, the action caused it to glow a little brighter. "Maybe things won't be so bad after all from here on out, eh?" He offered a grin as he turned to look at him past the firefly on his nose.

Raure

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

10-15-2021, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2021, 03:38 PM by Raure. Edited 1 time in total.)
Raure stared past Finan and towards the ominous blue glowing in the distance. He wasn't sure he wanted to look his brother in the face now, as he was almost certain the sibling would try to get him to stay. For Aine, mostly. Raure wasn't sure the girl could go through any more loss, but Raure promised himself that he was doing this for them, in a way. Maybe if he found a new place to stay soon enough, he could return for his siblings. It was all a big confusing mess in his head, something he wasn't ready to sort out now with Finan either.

He was surprised when his brother seemed... accepting of the news. Breaking his stare from the glow, he looked to his brother. Although they were young, he understood what he was doing and what he was signing up for, or at least he thought that he did. He wasn't sure what the glow would do once he was out there; was it dangerous or harmless? Would he glow? He couldn't be sure, but wondered if Finan knew anything about it.

"Thank you." It was all he could manage at first, finding words suddenly difficult. He didn't expect Finan to not fight this, and frankly wasn't quite prepared for it. His brother came close then and pressed his nose gently into his shoulder. Raure smiled and returned the gesture, only for them to part moments later. He listed what came from Finan then, noticing as a few strange blue glowing bugs were getting close. What were these? They looked like fireflies, but they were blue. One came and landed on Finan's nose, leaving Raure puzzled as he stared at it with wide, matching blue eyes. When others of the same bug started to get closer, Raure wondered if it was the strange bugs causing the blue glow in the distance. "What's going on?"

Finan

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (135)

Novice Intellectual (20)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

10-15-2021, 04:04 PM
He nodded to his brother's thanks. He wanted to support them, no matter where they chose to go or what they chose to do. His brother seemed surprised, but Finan understood why. Luckily, the firefly that had landed on his nose had distracted them from the sad stuff, and with his brother's question, Fin couldn't help but sport a grin. "I dunno, but why don't we find out eh?" He bounded forward past the wall, effectively causing the firefly to leave his face as he went racing across the snow. "There's a big world out there, Raure! Take all the shots ye can!" He shouted behind him as he raced towards the fireflies in the near distance. He laughed as he ran, leaping and nipping at the fireflies as he passed, watching the stars streak across the sky in a strange fashion (that he assumed was normal in the Winter) until he got closer to the hundreds of blue glowing bugs.

He skidded to a halt, kicking up snow as his tail wagged like mad. They were still kids, so why not have some fun and be a kid for once. Sure, their parents died, but this would distract them some...plus, while he had been sad about it, he couldn't say he was devastated. He hadn't been that close with them. They were just ghosts in his past now. "C'mon Raure, why don't we try to catch as many as we can?" He exclaimed before throwing himself into the lot.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-15-2021, 08:50 PM
Raure

You get the sense that something is wrong. You also find 2 crystals. Maybe these are worth keeping…

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-15-2021, 08:59 PM
Finan

You hear a voice that feels familiar to you, calling from far in the distance. You also find 1 mushroom. Maybe these are worth keeping…