An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
10-31-2021, 01:28 PM

Álarr smelt terrible, not necessarily from the mushrooms growing on his cranium and along his horns but from the garlic decoction he was using to treat his affliction. Attempting to physically remove them only resulted in terrible pain and didn't seem to affect the fungus at all and so it was back to some old remedies. Garlic had powerful anti-fungal properties that he hoped to harness. Dipping some sphargham moss in the cooled decoction Brynhildr assisted with the treatment. While she did that he tended to his comfrey tea, It was almost cool enough to drink. He turned his head as a brutal wet cough wracked his body. As soon as the spell passed he dipped his head and drank of the warm liquid, hoping he could make some head way against this mysterious illness.

Pestilence

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1BeeventBronze Medal 2020Critical Fail!
1KValentines 2020VolcanoTreat 2019
11-04-2021, 05:03 PM
Pesto had made a huge mistake in touching that damn mushroom. "Alarr!" She called out, the final syllable breaking as a coughing fit overtook her lungs. It stopped her in her tracks on the way to her friend's den, and when the coughing finally subsided she found she could hardly breathe. Inhaling a crackling breath of air she continued forward, her monkey trailing behind her quietly with a sharpened stick in his paws.

She came up on him smelling foul and drinking something that smelled no better. Her muzzle wrinkled, but she stepped toward him regardless. It was clear he was suffering the same effects she was, which made sense as they both fondled the mushrooms. Turning she ripped the sharpened stick out of the monkeys paws and threw it toward Alarr. "OK, you rip out mine and then I'll rip out yours." Pesto offered, panicked. "Pasketti is too much a coward to do it for me. Please, Alarr."

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Promptober 2019
11-04-2021, 06:06 PM

Álarr couldn't say if a topical application would be helpful or not so instead he focused on drinking his tea. That would at least help with the cough. His ears flicked up as he heard Pesto call his name. "Over here!" Soon Pesto arrived and it was clear she was suffering from the same malady. "Dammit, you to? What a mess." He scratched at one of the mushrooms but as she asked him to rip out hers he shook his head violently. "No! Don't bother. I pulled one out earlier and it only grew back with two more." Álarr turned his head away from Pesto and coughed for a few moments. "I'm sorry, I wish I knew how to fix this. The comfrey tea does help a bit with the cough. Would you like any?"

Pestilence

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1BeeventBronze Medal 2020Critical Fail!
11-04-2021, 06:18 PM
Alarr did not respond well to her request and Pestilence gave a whine in reply. "No!" She slammed her rear end into the ground and lifted a back paw to scratch hard at one of the growths. It was so painful that for a moment, her vision seemed to go black. She dropped her foot heavily and sighed. "I need them out, I don't care how I just need them out." Pesto begged, desperate. It felt as if the mushrooms were attached to her bones, scraping painfully against muscle and tendon every time her body shifted. She swore she could feel them growing beneath her skin, too. "Lets try something else then, acid? Do you have any acids, or poisons?"

Her ears pulled back as he offered her some tea. While the offer was tempting, Pestilence did not care for half-measures and symptom-treating, she wanted the root cause dealt with and dealt with now. "I don't care about the cough, I want the fungus gone. I can't bring this back to Rasha, she's already been so sick all her life I can't let her catch this from me. Please, Alarr, you need to find a cure."

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
11-06-2021, 03:33 PM

Álarr flinched as Pestilence shouted at him and scratched brutally at the growths that plagued her. He felt for her, he really did, but he didn't know how to remove them and not have them grow back. She mentioned acid or poison and he shook his head. "Nothing that will harm the mushrooms and not you." He sighed. "I'm trying Pesto, I really am but so far I haven't had much luck. Drink the tea, it may help against the fungus that's in your lungs. In the mean time…I suppose we could try this." Álarr pulled out some of his sphargham moss and a bowl of concentrated garlic water. "Use the moss to soak up the garlic water and squeeze it out wherever there are mushrooms. Its an antifungal so maybe this will do something… I hope anyway."

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-08-2021, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2021, 06:43 PM by NPC. Edited 1 time in total.)
Alarr

The sickness deepens... Your legs go weak for about half an hour, then they regain strength... Odd.

Pestilence

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

11-13-2021, 04:09 PM
Pestilence knew she wasn't being fair to Alarr, but it was difficult to be calm and collected and rational when your body was literally fucking growing mushrooms. Were they both going to die? Would they just be like this forever? How could she ever fight again when even walking pained her? Tyrian would boot both her and Rasha out of Fireside for good, and they'd die together packless as useless, infectious wolves. "Ugh." She dropped her head and sighed, then lifted a paw to begrudgingly reach for the tea he'd brewed as another round of coughing wracked her lungs.

He offered her another medicinal option and Pesto wrapped her paws around the tea cup while her monkey stepped forth to grab the moss. Pasketti did as Alarr instructed, squeezing out the garlic water on top of her growths. "Are we going to die?" She asked after a moment of silence.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-13-2021, 10:10 PM
Firefly Shoppe- Pestilence

The sickness deepens... You feel as if there's something in your ear that you need to get out. No matter how you scratch, the item won't budge. You scratch harder, eventually flinging the mushroom free. Unfortunately, your ear was damaged in the process, with a half inch notch being torn away from the edge.

You gain:  
  • Ear Tear- A half inch notch torn away from one of your ears. Ouch.

Your attention blurs and refocuses. It feels as if you are in a dream as you find yourself alone in the mist. Fireflies gather and light the way to a table with a figure waiting behind it. On the table lay three items, with their prices beside them. "Choose w̶̢̧͉̥̻̟͈͙̽̉̆̿̈͒͋̓̇̍͌̇̎͠͝ì̵̢̝̄͐́͆̓̚ṣ̶̛͙̟͎̤̞̤͎̹̙̭̪͔̓̐̾̂͆̄͆͌̈̈́̏̚͜͝͠ȩ̴͔̱̗̜̾̉̀̓̀͆͛̊̂̍̕̚̚̚ͅl̵̢̦̲̼̠̖̜̺̮̜̺͋̈́y̴̧̨̧̪̗̥̘͇̾͑͗͜͠, and only choose o̷͕̭̊̃̌̊̏̀ņ̸̼͚͉͔̒͐̊e̵̮̯͛̔̀̑͜," the figure says, looming over the table as his eyes seem to peer into your soul. Are they... moving? "If you can afford it, that is. Beware, however, for there are many d̷̡̯͉̎̊̈́͐͠á̴̬̪̣̝̞̅̀̈́̄ṉ̸̢̠̤̹̥̙̜͋͆̚g̷̛͍̹̣̬̙͖̝̘̃̈e̷͓͕̖͓̝̤̿͐͐͜͠ŗ̵̤͚͔̟̹̳̽̒͝ş̸̛͓͔̩̥̦͛̊̈̾̐̒̓ ̴̺͔̃̇̆ahead." He does not seem like he's in the negotiating mood...

I̵̜̖͎͓͒̑̕n̸͓̗̘̫͉̗̻͐̔̿̊͆̋͝v̵̦̹̠͉̖̼̮̎̌͆ȩ̸͕̦͔̳̩̈́͜n̶͍̝̙̯̣̹̫̩͋t̶̟͈̟̲̜̙̣̋̿̓̆̅͊͝͝ŏ̶̼͊r̶̖͎̙͔̥͎͙͈̊̍͝͠y̴̧͔̭͒͆̉̕͝:
  • Go fast juice- 1 /
    The liquid in this bottle is thick and dark, and has something that looks surprisingly like muscle.
  • Serious Steroids- 1 /
    The cloaked figure assures you it’s not really steroids but he does say it’ll make your body more resilient, he won’t tell you what’s in them though.
  • Racing Shoes- 1 /
    Some nice kicks that make you feel like you can just do it!

Pestilence

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

11-15-2021, 05:51 PM
Overcome with a sudden itch, Pestilence scratched it until it tore, the mushroom flying off along with pieces of her ear. Whatever, that was one mushroom down and a few dozen to go. She was about to get to work on scratching off the remainder of them when her attention blurred, a dream-like state beginning to phase in around her. Alarr was gone, and the cloaked figure was back. "Hello." Pesto greeted him nervously. How were you supposed to address a weird, mystical creature in a day dream? She glanced about his table of wares, then gestured to the Racing Shoes. "I'll take those, I suppose." She realized suddenly she had no currency to barter with - when mysteriously a few floating crystals and mushrooms poofed into the air before her. She swatted a floating crystal to the ground, then lightly dropped it upon the hooded figure's table as payment.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-15-2021, 07:30 PM
Firefly Shoppe- Pestilence

The shoes are pushed toward the wolf, the currency exchanging quickly. "All the better to run with," the cloaked figure says, sounding amused. Instantly he sweeps up his wares and table, apparently in a big hurry, leaving Pestilence exactly how she was before he appeared- with a new pair of shoes to show off.

You gain:
  • Racing Shoes- Some nice kicks that make you feel like you can just do it!

You lose:
  • Currency (x1)- Used in Firefly's Shoppe, and perhaps elsewhere...

Pestilence

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

11-15-2021, 07:51 PM
Pestilence was.. puzzled, to say the least, but good naturedly sat down upon her ass and flung out her paws from beneath her, inspecting them and the shoes she had purchased. Her monkey collected the items from the table and - with a curious, 'are you sure about this?' glance, began to attempt to slip the shoes upon Pestilence's paws. She cleared her throat while the monkey worked, the sound becoming a hacking cough. "Well, at least when I die I'll have some fancy shoes to die wearing?" The monkey shrugged it's shoulders, continuing it's attempt at somehow fixing a shoe to a wolf paw.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-21-2021, 04:18 PM
Racing accessories
Just Do it!

The struggle to put the shoes on continues until you get juuuust the right angle, then they slide on perfectly. They're actually surprisingly comfy!

You gain:
  • Shoes- Nifty! They... don't seem to want to come off.