Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Pride - BisexualPride - DemisexualChristmas 2019
11-13-2021, 02:58 PM

Things just kept getting worse for the Destruction woman. First, the voices had started and now, well now she was absolutely miserable and terrified. More so than usual. Gloom cowered just outside her den. It wasn't much brighter out of the den but the shadows underground, where she couldn't see the sky anymore, as disconcerting as it was right now, made her feel like she would suffocate in the dark. She wiped her face on her forepaws which were covered in dry and drying fluid of a concerning purple color. Gloom lay sprawled on the ground, trying and failing to sleep. She hadn't gotten much rest in the last few days plagued by worries and paranoia when she was awake and hounded by nightmares when she did manage a little sleep, enough so that she'd invariably jolt herself awake. Gloom wanted her mother, she wanted her brothers, she wanted Void. He had been the biggest comfort in her life since they'd been children but a voice in the back of her head told her that he was leaving, that he had left them all for the white and brown man. Gloom would never have that, she'd die all alone.

Speech Think Action
Image by AlienLion
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Spirit

Loner

Intermediate Intellectual (55)

Intermediate Healer (50)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Pride - Gay (MLM)The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
11-13-2021, 04:09 PM
Spirit had been even more reclusive than usual during these last few months.. which wasn't saying much for the already quite shy boy. He felt more comfortable hiding away in his den and praying for the sunlight to return. He hadn't even seen Strawberry in a few days now but he knew she feared getting sick and getting him sick in turn - hopefully she was just trying to be cautious and stay out of danger. Either way he found himself growing lonely and - having not seen his sister in a few days now, either - he thought he ought to check on her. Her scent grew strong as he neared her den, moving cautiously and quietly through the thicket. The dark and the disconcerting growths that seemed to be plaguing the world were all things he was sick of. He longed for sunshine and for the sound of birdsong once again. "G-gloom?" He called out softly as he neared her, noting her position on the ground. "A-are you alright?" Even if she seemed off, even from a distance, that wouldn't stop him from hurrying to her side and nudging her gently, trying to check on her.

Spirit has a female strawberry Finch companion named Strawberry, who is almost always nearby.
He also is usually wearing a saddlebag if he's away from home.

Gloom

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Pride - BisexualPride - DemisexualChristmas 2019
11-13-2021, 04:37 PM

It was so hard to really tell what was real anymore, the fog was thick and the voices seemed to permeate the air still so she did not react to her brother's call at first, convinced it was just another voice in her head. So Gloom didn't react until there was a very real wolf rushing to her side. Gloom jumped, dual-toned eyes wide and a growl pulling at her lips for a moment as her wild eyes swung around, landing on her brother and then a moment longer before she wrested control back and suddenly she cowered before her brother. "I'm sorry." She said, her voice whimpering. She shook her head, she wasn't alright and the woman sniffled, wiping more purple off onto her forelimb.

Speech Think Action
Image by AlienLion
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Spirit

Loner

Intermediate Healer (50)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

11-13-2021, 06:38 PM
It was all so strange to him - the only way he was coping was by blocking all of it out, and only focusing on what lay directly ahead of him. Currently that was Gloom, not the thick fog and the voices that seemed to follow, and certainly not the damn mushrooms or crystals that had been popping up everywhere. When she reacted with a bit of aggression he flinched away from her, ears flattening on his head in apology for startling her. He didn't blame her in the slightest - he had snuck up on her and if she wasn't feeling well her reaction was totally warranted. "Oh... oh Gloom, you don't have to apologize," he assured her gently, his stutter all but disappearing as the worry flooded him and seemingly short-circuited his brain, somehow erasing the speech impediment that he'd struggled with since he was a child. Bright liquid was pooling from her face and had dried on her paws, he saw upon closer inspection. "How long has this been happening? Have you seen a healer?" Surely he wasn't skilled enough but he could find someone who was, someone who could help her.

Spirit has a female strawberry Finch companion named Strawberry, who is almost always nearby.

Gloom

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

11-13-2021, 07:24 PM

Gloom felt a thrill of guilt going through her as her brother told her she didn't need to apologize but she couldn't help but feel like she did. She was so much jumpier and also aggressive than usual. Her fears felt so much heavier, and the fear of death hung over her. Spirit asked if she'd been to a healer but no she hadn't... Gloom's fear of her packmates was the same as always, and more than that she didn't want to infect anyone else. She shook her head and suddenly she felt a fear go through her. Her brother getting up to get help but Gloom was certain she was dying.

"Please don't leave me." She begged. "I don't want to die alone!"

Speech Think Action
Image by AlienLion

Spirit

Loner

Intermediate Healer (50)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

11-13-2021, 09:33 PM
He'd take any amount of aggression from Gloom, as long as it meant he was by her side and helping her through this. He couldn't think about what kind of risk it might be getting close to her- his stutter all but disappeared and his inhibitions gone in the face of his sister's sickness, he moved close to her for comfort, as he'd always done when they were younger. "Gloom, you're not dying, I promise," he lied through his teeth, for his own sake as much as hers. He needed to stay calm and focused to make sure she was okay. He'd find someone to help soon, for now he just wanted to be here beside her and keep her breathing. "I won't leave, no matter what, not ever again." He meant that with all his heart, too. He couldn't bring himself to leave her, not when she needed him this badly, even if she ended up needing him for the rest of his life.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-14-2021, 09:36 AM
Firefly Shoppe- Gloom

The sickness deepens... You get a blinding headache as if something is trying to grow through your skull.

Your attention blurs and refocuses. It feels as if you are in a dream as you find yourself alone in the mist. Fireflies gather and light the way to a table with a figure waiting behind it. On the table lay three items, with their prices beside them. "Choose w̶̢̧͉̥̻̟͈͙̽̉̆̿̈͒͋̓̇̍͌̇̎͠͝ì̵̢̝̄͐́͆̓̚ṣ̶̛͙̟͎̤̞̤͎̹̙̭̪͔̓̐̾̂͆̄͆͌̈̈́̏̚͜͝͠ȩ̴͔̱̗̜̾̉̀̓̀͆͛̊̂̍̕̚̚̚ͅl̵̢̦̲̼̠̖̜̺̮̜̺͋̈́y̴̧̨̧̪̗̥̘͇̾͑͗͜͠, and only choose o̷͕̭̊̃̌̊̏̀ņ̸̼͚͉͔̒͐̊e̵̮̯͛̔̀̑͜," the figure says, looming over the table as his eyes seem to peer into your soul. Are they... moving? "If you can afford it, that is. But wait... it doesn't look like you can. Oh well. Maybe I'll see you again, maybe not," he says with a wave of his hand, disappearing with his goods.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-14-2021, 10:43 AM
Spirit

It comes for us all... but you are safe... for now.