gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
bones
11-17-2021, 03:04 PM
Everything smelled a little different today. It was still brisk outside for Hudson's morning run, but the cold wasn't even remotely as strong as it was. The cheerful boy hummed as he ran, singing a nonsense tune that he heard as a child from his mother. Hudson followed the river as he usually did, spotting fish darting to his left, interesting stones and rocks beneath his feet. Staying fit was very important to Hudson. He was a traveler, an explorer, but one of the most important parts of exploring was staying safe. To stay safe in the crazy situations he typically got himself into, one had to be strong! He remembered running from an angry mother lion in the south as a teen - it was the fastest he'd ever moved. Hudson imagined it was how the birds felt. 

Hudson wondered if the pack near here was friendly. It had been a few weeks since the social guy had gotten his fill of chitchat and he was desperate to meet a new friend. Being a traveler had its perks - he got to see so much of the world, experience everything the world had to offer... but it was so damned lonely. He was starting to think joining a pack for the companionship alone might be worth it. Maybe he could find a pack that allowed for his constant need to travel?

Legacy

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

Intermediate Navigator (50)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
11-18-2021, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2021, 07:58 PM by Legacy. Edited 1 time in total.)
Legacy Ancora

This place was one of the last places she could really remember being carefree. Ardyn and his mother… and Tel, and Drachen, and Taliesyn, hadn’t been sick… or at least, not visibly. And she and her father hadn’t been running themselves ragged trying to find a cure and keep a paranoid, half wild unicorn stallion drugged enough that he wouldn’t be a danger to himself. Taliesyn may well have been struck the worst. He was so large and powerful, and his fight or flight instincts made him one of the absolute deadliest patients she’d ever dealt with.

She felt wan and thin. When the prey animals were going through as much of the plague as the wolves, what was safe to eat? And what scared her most was that her father had not weathered the winter ad all its unnatural stressors well. He hadn’t been infected, not that she could deduce yet, but his age was catching up with him, and he was scrawny.

Legacy drew in a long breath and let it out, gazing around herself as she padded along the riverside, scanning for something, anything that had come in at all with Spring’s onset. With no sunlight, would anything even grow? All her previous training said no.

Steps ahead brought her eyes up, and she squinted in the gloom and fog until the figure came into full view, and she called out in recognition, “Hudson?”

A few steps closer and she was sure it was the free-spirited man. And he looked as though he had avoided the plague so far, which was a relief. These… nights, it was so hard to keep in mind that only a few in the pack had actually contracted some form of this plague, and that the majority were still intact. In the face of all that this winter had wrought, she was glad to see him hale, at least.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Legacy speaks with a heavy Irish brogue type accent, but is perfectly understandable as she tends to speak clearly and enunciates well.

Legacy is nearly always clad in her Deer Hide Armor when on outings, mainly because you never know when you'll find an herb to take home. Unless stated otherwise, it's relatively safe to assume she's wearing it.

Hudson

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
bones
11-19-2021, 03:50 PM
What were the odds he would run in to Legacy again? He grinned, tongue lolling out of his open maw to the side. "Legacy! Ah, that is you. You aren't following me, are you?" He said, throwing back his head to laugh. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding," He said with a grin. Her scent wafted his way and the lonely male felt a mild shiver down his spine. He hadn't spent enough time with others lately. It was pathetic that just the presence of a female would make him have a physical reaction. Mentally cursing himself, he tried to act natural.

"Soooo, what are you up to?" Hudson was entirely unaware of the ongoing pandemic of crystals and mushrooms; alone in the world, he merely saw a few glowy bugs and strange animals. He barked at one, which didn't get him anywhere. It was amusing, however. 

Legacy

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

Intermediate Navigator (50)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
11-23-2021, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2021, 12:04 AM by Legacy. Edited 1 time in total.)
Legacy Ancora

It was almost shocking that someone could be so care free amid all the insanity and malady of the winter and then the spring. The man laughed easily, and Legacy gave a soft chuckle, shaking her head faintly. “Coincidence. I was here in the early part of winter for a party for yearlings. I made it into the fighting finals melee, even. I’m still not sure how I kept winning up to that point. I’m trained in fighting, but it’s not my calling.”

She drew herself up, eyes scanning again, contemplating his question. What was she up to, here? Looking for a magical plant that would cure her packmates? Gods, was her mother and the Chapter alright? Her chest tightened, squeezing the breath from her lungs, and she stepped back from the emotion. She would have to run to see them once she was back with Valhalla.

“Searching for a cure, I guess. I joined my father’s pack shortly after you and I explored the Dancefloor, a few days after. It was already planned. It’s been lovely, truly lovely there… But then this all hit… And now… there’s a strange plague. And I’ve never seen anything like it. My father told me of one that swept through long ago, but wolves were weeping tears of blood not—not this. And members of Valhalla have caught a strain of it. From what I hear, we aren’t the only pack. It sounds like all the packs I know of, that our beta’s owl has flown over… has some sort of version.”

She let her haunches settle, tail flopping as she stared at the river, and the bloody crystals and mushrooms and blue fireflies all around them. “I’m only a yearling, and this is something way over my head in terms of experience in healing.”

She was wholly unaware of his internal reaction, but it felt good to vent. She’d been trying to remain strong for her father, even though she knew, deep down, that he wouldn’t hate her for breaking down and crying if she needed to. She had no qualms about admitting that she was in over her head. She had no experience in plagues. Her Chapter hadn’t come across any in her life with them.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Legacy speaks with a heavy Irish brogue type accent, but is perfectly understandable as she tends to speak clearly and enunciates well.

Legacy is nearly always clad in her Deer Hide Armor when on outings, mainly because you never know when you'll find an herb to take home. Unless stated otherwise, it's relatively safe to assume she's wearing it.