gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard
11-28-2021, 06:05 PM

Kione had always enjoyed roaming though it was far less enjoyable without his family beside him.  The African wild dog’s preference was always an open area but if he wanted to explore all the land it would mean areas like this one.  The trees were certainly strange things the way the leaves formed curtains around the trees.  The land seemed especially strange around here though probably would be a lot less so if the world itself hadn’t turned so strange.  With all the trees to create shadows and the light now coming from the fauna, moon, and fireflies it created a strange sort of mixture in shadows and brighter glow like some sort of show of light versus dark.

His large ears twitched as a firefly landed on the right, paying close attention to sounds.  There were too many things that could hide amongst the shadows.  Kione was done with the fake nights, the killing poisonous mushrooms that sprouted from the prey and it seemed there were plenty of those mushrooms here along the water's edge.  Pausing at a small stream he lowered his head for a drink.  At least the trees weren’t too dense.  

Kione’s main problem now was a lack of purpose or anyone to share his life with.  He had hoped to find more of his kind and see if they would welcome him in.  He’d smelled wolf packs in various areas he had passed but so far no more of his own kind.  Was his own kind truly that far spread apart?  Kione generally was a happy fellow by nature but there needed to be someone else to enjoy things with.  The wild dog ignored the inner concern of none of his kind existing on this land.  

"Speech"

[Image: vG9tCXw.png?1]
[Image: 7bkN6k5.gif]

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
12-01-2021, 10:32 AM
Relief filled her, the sun was returning and the illness was fading. From all of them. All except for one, who she wouldn’t think of at that moment. Venom was scouting beyond their borders, curious to see how the rest of the lands endured. Ashen was in a sore state, many of its members including both alphas were recovering from the ordeal. Her children struggled to overcome what had happened. Still, they persevered and the curse was lifting with a new dawn.

Normally Venom was not a creature of the day, forever night had not hindered her routine. She had never been so happy to see the sunlight. Slowly she was returning to her nocturnal life, and found the moon’s return to normal a sight she needed desperately. Its light was cool and healing, instead of menacing and horrific. She bathed herself in it as white gloved paws carried her through unowned lands. A few mushrooms and crystals remained in the shaded areas, clinging to existence but slowly whittling away.

Venom moved as if she herself were a shadow, and her sunset gaze scanned the area with precision. She caught a glimpse of someone’s silhouette through the swaying branches of the willow trees and found herself curious. What did this one know about the sickness being drawn from the world. Venom eased herself through the soft leaves, approaching with intent but not aggression. Dark silver tipped ears perked forward as she took in the stranger.

He was no wolf, but there were still similarities between their species, she just hoped he was smarter than a stinking coyote. ”Greetings, stranger.” Venom offered softly, but going no further in case he fled.
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Kione

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard
12-02-2021, 01:45 AM

Kione’s ears were keen and how could one even question it with their large size.  As Venom let herself be noticed his head quickly swiveled to her.  No sign of concern for the wolf's presence but simply a bit of curiosity.   It seemed both strange and welcoming that the wolf would choose to approach.  Well, why not?  They were both clearly of similar species even if not the exact same.  “Greetings luv,” the response offered with ease.  There were very few things Kione feared, and he’d already faced the only true fear and survived it.

Perhaps, like him, the wolf was just in a better mood with a bit of normalcy hinting to return.  The mushrooms were here but perhaps not quite as plentiful as he’d seen before.  Kione wasn’t sure if that was due to location or a pattern change as of yet.  “Kione,” he offered his name casually, “roaming rogue with a penitent for fun,” might as well offer some means of describing himself.  The dog did have a name from his family but with them all dead he hadn’t felt like choking up the reminder of what no longer existed except in himself

Kione moved closer, putting a bit less distance in for casual conversation.  Kione was cautious not to enter a pack land but it hadn’t been that far off he’d smelled some warning boundaries.  “Live about here?”

"Speech"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
12-02-2021, 01:49 PM
Venom was a secretive woman, she was loathe to offer more information than necessary and she often kept to herself within Ashen. She looked inwardly, but perhaps, especially with the lowered member count, if she needed to look without. Of course there were young on the way, Plague would soon be a father and she was excited to welcome new nieces and nephews into the pack.

She wasn’t so thrilled about the pet name he chose to give her but it would be forgiven. Already he was given two graces, the Empress giving him attention in the first place and forgetting the far too relaxed title. He gave his name and his ‘title’ if you could call it that. As she could have assumed there were no stringent titles, but he did seem learned enough to pass a coyote in her book.

”Well, met.” She offered with a slight dip of her head, debating how big of a show she wished to give him. ”Venom, Empress of the Ashen Empire, a pack back up this path.” She offered the hint of a Klein smirk. ”Too busy for fun.” She wasn’t entirely truthful, messing with him a little as she was now. ”You don’t sound like you’re from around here.”

Kione

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard
12-05-2021, 09:16 PM

‘Well met,’ wasn’t a greeting he’d ever heard before but maybe it was a common one for wolves.  Wolves were a funny bunch with a different sort of pack lifestyle, at least he assumed so.  Kione had never spent time in a wolf pack and limited insight on wolves at all.  She had a more dignified air to her and the title ‘empress’ explained her demeanor.  Fancy.

“Empress? Well, that’s a fancy title,” Kione mused glancing at the path for a moment before looking to her.  Kione was shocked at the notion of being too busy for fun but it was followed up with an assumption that he wasn’t local. “No empress Venom, I’m from a solid ways off.”  The title was said in a rather informal still ‘chummy’ sounding manner, but at least it wasn’t ‘luv’ now. “I’m afraid had some bad luck with all that happened,” no need to mention the disasters on the land, there was no chance anything with half a brain wouldn’t be aware of it, “So, I’ve been trying to find more like me.  I don’t suppose you know where I might find my own kind?”  He didn’t specify that his entire family was dead, if she could come up with that assumption then it was fine.  Bad things didn’t need to be stories repeated over and over again.

“Empress?” He had to check on one more thing, “No time for fun? Everyone needs a bit o’ sport.  I tell you what, I could help you out today with whatever, ‘chores’,” the words said with a wave of his paw as if to make light of the word, “get them done faster then you could have a few hours to remember how important ‘fun’ is.”  Kione twitched his brows, “believe it or not, I can be quite the hard worker and I don’t mind giving a hand for a good cause.”  Fun was important.  Working hard was important to make sure there was more time for family and play. "Can't say I know much about wolves so hope its not an insult offering up the bargain."

Kione had never imagined offering a wolf help and doubted he would do so in the future.  Being alone was smothering, making it harder to enjoy life even for a happy fellow like Kione.  So, until he found a new true family, he could offer to show others the value of fun and do a bit of work.  Companionship was the only charge he’d place on it right now.  

"Speech"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

12-08-2021, 04:42 PM
Venom had always been well spoken and serious, it came naturally and she was raised to believe her superiority. From a young age she yearned for the throne she now held. Ruling an empire was thick in her blood and from before she could remember she was training to be here. Venom did not make light of her position. The stranger seemed surprised at her title, and did not keep his opinions secret. Venom smirked lightly, at least he could comprehend her royal stature.

He was from a long way off, fell into misfortune, and was now all alone. Venom had never been in his shoes. She always had the Empire at her back. ”No, I.. Am not really sure what your kind are. I’ve never seen one that looks like you.” She admitted her ignorance, a special treat for Kione that wasn’t often given out.

Venom tilted her head curiously as he questioned her further. Clarifying what she said. Too busy to have fun? The last amount of fun she had was her trip to that Auster isle with her husband and even that was riddled with pack work because there was no rest for an alpha, that was the price she paid. Then she chuckled at his offer. Help with her chores if she could spare some time for a game.

”That is far too generous,” but his loneliness was showing as he offered himself up. ”But if you insist. I’m scouting the woods for prey and predator to better organize my hunters and warriors. You could help me with this task.” She offered him, not certain she was comfortable returning with him to the pack yet.

Kione

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard
12-08-2021, 08:54 PM

The idea of never playing really was absurd in Kione’s mind.  Maybe it was a wolf thing where only some wolves understood play.  Of course, technically, Kione had just played with his other friends in the family but it had been quite the large family.  Just as big or bigger than most wolf pack’s he’d assume.

“Ah!” A subject he knew how to handle easily, “We’ve been labeled African wild dogs, painted dogs, and a few other things.  No idea why we need so many names but I figure ‘painted’ a pretty good description.” He had no idea what ‘african’ was about though he’d assume location.

At least her work did include something just as good as play.  “Sounds like a good time to me.” Kione stretched out his back legs, giving himself a good shake-off.  “Hunting and fighting with a friend is always more fun than alone.  I admit my hunting isn’t the best,” not when it was just him or one other at least, not to the same percentage of success as there was with the family at least, “But I can take down any predator you name.  I’m sure I can still do enough to help a well-accomplished hunter as I imagine you are empress.”  Her title really was given the same reverence as any wolf's first name but at least he seemed fine with the title.  

“So,” he nodded an ascent to show ready to follow her and let the empress show which way they should go.  Empresses probably preferred leading he assumed, “What’s your favorite type of work to do then if it's not play?  Myself, nothing better than killin’ a lion. Hm, or swimming with a lovely lady actually.”  Something fun about splashing around in the water as ya try to catch someone’s eye.   Kione had lowered his cheery voice now, no need to tell predators and prey all about that they were on the look out.  Kione had never been the leader in the group hunts which on one hand meant he didn’t have the same level of strategy on a hunt yet working with another he was great at.  If they were looking for fun, uh, prey and predators, he could keep an eye ahead while noticing every twitch of Venom’s body language to adjust his own motion.  

"Speech"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

12-13-2021, 06:55 PM
The Empress couldn’t remember the last game she played, having always been far too serious for her own good. Even now she wasn’t sure what might even tickle her sense of fun, but if this stranger could help her in scouting at least she could say the task was done quicker. Of course, he could have a pack of others just like him waiting to lure her in, but Venom felt like she was a decent judge of character. He wasn’t planning anything nefarious.

”I’ve never been much of a hunter, either.” She admitted after he’d explained what he was, and his feelings about their task. Not so much hunting, but he’d take down any kind of predator threat he faced. That was honorable enough for Venom. ”But, no need to test either skill, I just want a survey of what we can find here.” She added as she took the lead further down the deer path.

”Running an Empire has its great many jobs and trials to work through. Scouting, patrolling the border, maintaining alliances, raising my heirs… the list is nearly endless.” He’d asked what her favorite part was though. ”If you must know,” She coughed lightly. ”Being a mother.” She offered honestly. ”Watching my progeny grow from helpless little beans into capable, strong, independent young wolves.” He was getting all kinds of privileged information.