ardent
Poll: Which present exchange should we do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dirty Santa
6.25%
1 6.25%
Prezzies for Players
93.75%
15 93.75%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll: Christmas Event

Ardent

Administrator

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Admins
12-07-2021, 09:46 PM

Happy Holidays! Usually around this time of year, we're gearing up for Dirty Santa! We thought, however, that it might be more balanced to follow our kind of charity theme and do a Prezzies for Players giveaway instead. Here's how each would work:

Dirty Santa: You can ONLY PLAY if you submit a gift (multiple gifts in the form of a bundle are ok!) worth at least $x USD or y gems as a present! Items like event prizes, donation rewards, pre-purchased YCH commissions from someone off site, or some gemstore rewards are encouraged. Not sure? Just ask! Any event items EVEN PREVIOUSLY NON-TRANSFERRABLE ONES (Player bound/Character bound) are able to be submitted! Staff usually throws in a special prize or two as well!

The presents are randomized and we take turns picking or "stealing" gifts.
To preserve feelings, we unwrap the gifts at the end of two rounds of picking/stealing.
Everyone "unwraps" their gifts and then yay presents!

The possible issues:
Some complaints have been that the gifts may feel unbalanced, others say it's part of the game.
We do this every year and some people like to do different things.

Prezzies for Players: You can ONLY PLAY if you submit a gift (multiple gifts in the form of a bundle are ok!), but there is no/lower minimum! Items like event prizes, donation rewards, pre-purchased YCH commissions from someone off site, or some gemstore rewards are encouraged. Not sure? Just ask! Any event items EVEN PREVIOUSLY NON-TRANSFERRABLE ONES (Player bound/Character bound) are able to be submitted! Staff may throw in a special prize or two as well!

In this, all the presents are collected, then the Staff makes the bundles.
These bundles are randomized and given back to players.
Players unwrap and get their gifts!

The possible issues:
Staff would be in control of the bundles, making them as even as possible.
Some people may still give less than they receive.
It's new and some people don't like new things.

So, we wanted to ask you guys what you thought! Feel free to leave suggestions below, but please try to vote on one or the other if at all possible! Only one vote per player, please use your OOC account when voting!

Rudyard

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (245)

Expert Hunter (230)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Trophy Hunter Trophy Hunter

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
12-07-2021, 10:06 PM
Honestly, I thought it was a lot of fun deciding which gift icon I picked out last time and decide if I wanted to steal or not.

I'm ok with whatever majority choose of course, but I think the one that includes rounds of choosing would be more fun. (I get it though if some people prefer not taking that much time with it)

Skelle

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Skelle

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Easter 2022
12-07-2021, 10:22 PM
I think the second option definitely makes it more "fair" for everyone.
Though, as i mentioned in the discord chat, if the staff wanted to bundle the gifts similarly and then do dirty santa, that would be better (but i still wont participate, bc dirta santa is too much stress for me regardless).
please DM all tags to @betchasaurusrex!
eightysichs/wolfbea was hacked, what's owed has been made/paid,
and i wasn't involved or even knew her during the time she was hacked, thank you ♥

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Poll: Christmas Event Updates/Events Archive 09:46 PM, 12-07-2021 11:27 AM, 07-02-2024