gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
12-29-2021, 02:11 AM
Ardyn Cadeyrn Aodhán Phoenix Adravendi

He gave a faint huff of amusement at her words, one shoulder lifting in a shrug as he said, "One way to have a ready fire source wherever you go is to have a bison or cow horn like this with moss and a live coal from your last fire, or whomever you might have camped with. If you keep a small supply of tinder and sap-rich cedar or pine tree wood, from the places where the branches grew out from the tree, you have a fire ready to go in a short amount of time, barring really bad weather."

He grinned at her offer, and pointed at the layout of packets with one long digit. "That one has an Agrimony and Yarrow blend in it to make a tea wash for cleaning wounds and stopping bleeding. And this one," he plucked up another packet and set it in front of her, "is powdered Poppy and Willowbark for pain. I'd imagine once the adrenaline wears off we're both going to be feeling that fight."

He pulled a sealed clay pot out from the lineup and used one black claw to deftly break the seal of wax to reveal a yellow-white substance that smelled familiar, if she'd worked with Calendula before. "This can go on over the wounds once they're cleaned. I'm happy to let you work on me. My sisters love getting all the practice they can, even if they're also scolding me to oblivion and Luneil's light above all the while."

A fond grin touched his features as he spoke of his two healer sisters. They'd tried their hardest all through the Long Dark and the plague, and he was so very glad he had all of his siblings still alive at the end of it all.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Ardyn's family (Red, Aurielle, Siblings, Valhalla) are allowed to crash threads, regardless of private tags.

Ardyn at first glance is as black as can be imagined with a raven sheen.

Closer inspection proves that he shimmers in fire tones in every hair on his hide right down to his lashes.

More obviously, he glows like a bed of coals and flames with every movement and brush of fur. His tail is usually wagging, so blazes like a torch.

His adult teeth are in and his saber canines have grown to their full length (see profile). His mane and tail hair have grown to full length, as well as being lightweight and easily buffeted by breezes.

A look at his front paws will give the impression of hands, with his dew claw dropped low and lengthened into a functioning thumb, and his toes elongated into fingers. He has retractable, solid black cat-like claws on every paw.

Ardyn has developed a glowing mast of intricate markings in fire and ice colors over his face, symmetrical over the last seasons of Year 17 (see profile for details). During hunts or raids/sieges, he will smudge them out with black soot to cover the glow, otherwise, they are bright enough to note at first direct glance at his face. Not all his artwork currently portrays the mask markings.

He is also often bedecked in beads, small bells, feathers in blues, ribbons and braids thanks to the Ooze Event of Halloween 2021, and the Coathanger item that he got. The accessories generally are seen most in his mane and tail hair. He removes the brighter items and bells for hunts or battle.

Inoki

Loner

Advanced Healer (70)

Advanced Fighter (70)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Melorama

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantIt's a Miracle
01-02-2022, 06:57 PM

She scrunched her face as Ardyn explained how to easily light a fire, the tip of her tongue poking from her mouth as she concentrated on trying to remember it all. This was a long day of learning new things, and undoubtedly she would most likely forget majority of it. But perhaps she would remember the most important parts. Her tail wagged when he mentioned a few medicinal plants she did know, noticeable the Yarrow and Poppy, those were ones she knew what to do with at the very least. However the clay pot he opened had a sharp and unfamiliar smell, and she found herself drawing closer to sniff deeply at the sweet fragrance. "I'm guessing you get into a lot of trouble then, huh?"

Inoki prodded the packet that contained the Yarrow with a paw, raising her brows at Ardyn. "So how would one go about making a tea wash out of this?" Teas were not her area of expertise, but she knew most needed to be steeped for a certain amount of time to make it effective, whether or not it was to be drunk or poured over a body part. "And how much should be used of this one so both of us drink enough for it to work properly?" Her paw moved to the packet with the Poppy, giving it a gentle tap. It would depend on how concentrated the herbs in the packet were, but perhaps it would be as simple as using one packet and only taking a few small sips each. And as for the liquid in the cay pot well, she'd probably leave that up to him to use, given he had much better dexterity with his more fancy toes.

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-10-2022, 01:02 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 01:04 AM by Ardyn. Edited 1 time in total.)

His features twitched in an abashed smile. "Bears took offense to me at a young age. Been pretty sure I wasn't going to come out a couple of those scraps alive. They don't seem to like my mother all that much, either."

To her question he tilted his head, thinking over the knowledge he'd gained from growing up around Paladin. Then he instructed, "We'll pour the packet into this water once it's boiled. I have a second bowl and a few more of the blend we're using. This bowl can be used as a wound wash."

He reached around and pulled out another carved wooden bowl, and then a rolled up woven basket with handles large enough for a wolf to take in the jaws. He fitted the bowl into the basket, and it was clear the items were meant to go together. "In case my front paws aren't available to carry something or pick it up. If you'd like to dip this bowl in the river you'll have enough for the pain reliever tea to treat yourself and my own pain. I usually use a little over half a packet depending on the pain."

He tucked more wood into the fire and nudged the first bowl closer to the heat. His leg stung with the movement, but from his rudimentary field healing knowledge, he wasn't in any great danger of bleeding out beyond the beads of bright golden blood welling around the darkening clots. But cleaning it out would be a good course to take, to ensure the wound wasn't infected later on.

He plucked another packet from the lineup and pointed one toe to the symbols on the front. "This twisted symbol means a higher concentration of the poppy seeds. This one's ground to a powder, so easier to dissolve and steep."

Ardyn's family (Red, Aurielle, Siblings, Valhalla) are allowed to crash threads, regardless of private tags.

Closer inspection proves that he shimmers in fire tones in every hair on his hide right down to his lashes.

More obviously, he glows like a bed of coals and flames with every movement and brush of fur. His tail is usually wagging, so blazes like a torch.

His adult teeth are in and his saber canines have grown to their full length (see profile). His mane and tail hair have grown to full length, as well as being lightweight and easily buffeted by breezes.

A look at his front paws will give the impression of hands, with his dew claw dropped low and lengthened into a functioning thumb, and his toes elongated into fingers. He has retractable, solid black cat-like claws on every paw.

Ardyn has developed a glowing mast of intricate markings in fire and ice colors over his face, symmetrical over the last seasons of Year 17 (see profile for details). During hunts or raids/sieges, he will smudge them out with black soot to cover the glow, otherwise, they are bright enough to note at first direct glance at his face. Not all his artwork currently portrays the mask markings.

He is also often bedecked in beads, small bells, feathers in blues, ribbons and braids thanks to the Ooze Event of Halloween 2021, and the Coathanger item that he got. The accessories generally are seen most in his mane and tail hair. He removes the brighter items and bells for hunts or battle.

Inoki

Loner

Advanced Healer (70)

Advanced Fighter (70)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Melorama

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantIt's a Miracle
01-12-2022, 11:45 PM

She nodded at his instructions, curling her tail around her paws so she didn't accidentally touch something she wasn't supposed to. She'd done that before back home and often got scolded for it, so didn't want to interrupt his workflow as he seemed like he knew what he was doing. Inoki watched as he placed a second bowl in a basket with a handle that would be easy enough for her to grab, and when he told her to go dip it in the river she swiftly moved forward to carefully grab the handle in her jaws. It was surprisingly light as she carried it over to the river, and she dipped it momentarily into the moving water until it was nearly full.

Placing it down carefully on the ground next to Ardyn, she watched as he grabbed another packet and began to explain the symbol on the front. Her brows raised curiously at his words, but it made sense to her. "Should we use that one instead, then?" So far she felt okay pain-wise, and had no real injuries, but for sure she would be feeling some aches and pains later in the day from being tossed around like a toy. Inoki then tapped the basket-bowl combination with one of her front paws. "Do you wanna boil the water in this bowl at the same time as that one?" She couldn't figure out a way to extract the water-filled bowl from the basket without spilling it everywhere, and he seemed to have all the answers so she was willing to simply do what she was told.

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

02-01-2022, 03:09 AM
[OOC: So sorry about the late response. I've been in such an awful rut lately that posts are the last thing on my mind, lately, but hopefully I'll get back in the groove now that Ardyn's my main character/alpha]

She was keen to learn, if her quick response to instructions were any indicator. As she returned with the freshly filled bowl he took it from the basket and set it against the coals of the fire as Lyr used a stick in his beak to pull some out for better use.

At her question, he nodded. “We can use this one for the tea to use as a pain killer, and the other as a wound wash.”

He sat back, letting the fire do its work and studied the gash on his foreleg once more before proffering the limb for the woman to look at. “Good thing he only got a glancing blow. His hide will make an excellent den-liner. Not to mention all the meat for storage, bones for various uses.”

His mismatched fire and ice gaze roved over the bear’s carcass, sizing it up. He’d wait to skin the beast once the wound was looked after and both Inoki and he had been tended to.

The bubble of water sent his ears flicking back toward the bowls and he smiled, cracking open the sachets and dumping one into the first bowl, the other, stronger mixture into the second, both sending up wafts of steam and herbal smells.

He stirred a stick into the water, then pulled the bowls away from the coals to let the tea and wash steep as he asked, “Was that your first bear fight?”