build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
12-14-2021, 06:29 PM
This particular meeting she was not looking forward to, but it must be done. The intention of the school was to invite wolves from all walks of life, which unfortunately included paying another visit to Eligos and Aerie. Theory wasn’t prepared to see Thalia again any time soon and hoped it wouldn’t be mentioned. In fact, part of her doubted that Eligos would accept her invitation at all. She’d thought his intentions for the pack would be different from his predecessors, but the Abraxas had been historically insular. Her gut churned. She would simply extend the invitation, inform him of the changes, and be off. That’s all. Theory approached the border slowly and kept a respectful distance on the opposite side before calling for Aerie’s alpha.

Eligos

Loner

Advanced Fighter (85)

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Halloween 2020 - Witches Hut1KValentines 2020Trick 2019
12-20-2021, 05:37 PM
Eligos slowly lifted his head as a now-familiar voice called for him from the border. He wondered if Thalia, too, heard the voice, and if so, what it meant to her, this Destruction wolf who had attempted to lead her astray. He didn't hurry to answer, but he didn't dawdle either. He didn't want to worry about Thalia being tempted into old habits that she'd gain and only recently left. He knew intellectually that drugs and alcohol had an addictive affect on their mortal forms, though he hadn't ever felt the draw to experience that for himself, so he thought he could understand that it might be difficult for Thalia to hold herself back from returning to those pleasures of the flesh she had said this woman had introduced his cousin to.

Thalia, thankfully, wasn't there answering the call. Whether she was gone or she had smartly chosen to keep her distance didn't matter at the moment, the effect was the same, and he was relieved. He nodded with brusque politeness to the Abaven alpha, his gaze on her bland and distant. "Good day, Theory. What can I do for you?"

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

12-20-2021, 06:17 PM
She'd had time to steel herself before Eligos' approach, but the sight of him still sent her gut churning. It was just a reminder that Thalia had looked upon her and found the life they could have shared... less than. Less than whatever comforts her family and pack provided. His detached demeanor rankled her, but it was all the same old diplomatic hat. Theory rose primly to her paws and greeted him in the same distant, polite manner. "Eligos," she replied, "I hope you and Aerie are well. The disease that struck the land has effected many packs," she finished, her words clipped and to the point. Do not ask about her. Do not address it. After all, Thalia had turned tail and ran when Theory was laid low by the disease. They no longer owed each other anything - even (and perhaps especially) politeness. "I'm bringing news of some changes occurring in Abaven. I'm opening a school - on neutral grounds - for both children and adults to come and learn. It will be a safe environment, with skilled instructors. I'm spreading the word and offering an open invitation, with no expectations." The Abraxas had long been an insular pack. Theory couldn't say that she expected him to receive her news warmly, but nevertheless, she wanted everyone to have the same opportunities. It was what she envisioned for the school from the start.

Eligos

Loner

Advanced Fighter (85)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Halloween 2020 - Witches Hut1KValentines 2020Trick 2019
01-10-2022, 09:31 AM
Eligos inclined his head slightly in acknowledgement, though he kept the same neutral expression masking the pains that lurked there ready to swamp him at unexpected moments. "Yes, many packs were affected," was all he said though, his voice mild, making no mention of how Aerie was affected. Partly for security reasons but mostly, frankly, because he was still hurting over Danta's loss and didn't want to talk about it with anyone.

While keeping all that very manly repression in place, he listened politely to her presentation. He said not another word until she'd finished, then he slowly seated himself. "It strikes me as an interesting idea." His voice lost the flat, distant quality it had held in favor of interest, as he looked down at the much smaller Destruction alpha.

He had serious doubts about the suitability as a teacher of young minds of a woman who had sought to tempt Thalia away from her family with "pleasures of the flesh". It seemed odd to think of the docile pack as being a hotbed of drugs or alcohol or what have you, but he trusted Thalia's assessment. He didn't want any Abraxas pups to go down the same path Fel had ended up on - he needed them focused and strong. He also, however, needed them forging ties with other packs to bring them to eventual control over the mortal world - something he had been doing poorly at best since... well, since as far back as his brother's death. This could be a good opportunity for Aerie, and the Abraxas.

"Tell me more about your plans for this school," he invited her. "What do you plan to teach them? What is your plan for protecting the children while they are in your care?"

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

01-19-2022, 12:01 PM
Well that was,,, strange. Tepid interest was more than she could say she expected from Eligos, especially after Thalia had fled home after Theo had fallen sick. What had she told him? What did he think transpire? It was impossible to know, and his expression was schooled into artful distance. Frustrating… The way it reminded her of Thalia was enough to stoke some coals of anger. Theo tried to quell the feeling - it wouldn’t serve her here, not in this interaction. Taking a page out of his book, she replied succinctly and without too much emotion,

”I hope to bring together young minds from across Boreas so that they can learn from each other’s cultures and traditions while they build their skills in a classroom environment. There will be lessons across all meaningful skills - hunting, healing, fighting, navigation, and all other intellectual pursuits. My niece is handy with pottery and trapping, we have veteran warriors to teach fighting and a few packs have offered to lend teachers for a time. Great minds from all across the two continents will hopefully gather and pave the way for the next generation.” It still sounded idealistic, but that was because it was. This was what she hoped to achieve. In some ways, her life had been calling her in this direction all along - she just didn’t understand it until recently. Theo took a shallow breath and continued: ”Warriors from other packs will be teaching alongside my own wolves - they will help keep the children safe. There will be designated adults that live among and adjacent to them so that they will be safe in and outside of their lessons.- and to keep things proper and focused on learning. Socialization, of course, is also important to development… but appropriate socialization,”

Eligos

Loner

Advanced Fighter (85)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

01-24-2022, 05:25 PM
Eligos listened politely as Theory spoke about the details of her idea, but he found his mind wandering to his brief time with Poem when she mentioned a niece who did pottery, and he twitched, the tips of his ears hot, as he dragged his mind back. Poem was not the subject of their discussion, and he couldn't bring himself to ask about her. Particularly not in the middle of this conversation. He cleared his throat. "It sounds like a good opportunity. I have no objection to Aerie pups attending your school, if they have an interest in doing so. What is the tuition?" He tilted his head, his internal balance restoring itself hastily from the brief hesitation.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

02-07-2022, 04:44 PM
What is the tuition? Interesting. Another pack who seemed to think this had to be some kind of monetary exchange. Thinking back on her relationship with Thalia, it was no wonder. There had always been a fear of giving - but never a fear of taking. Taking her time. Taking her affection. Unbeknownst to them, both of their minds were distracted by other members of their packs. "I appreciate that you see the advantages of such an opportunity. Young minds are precious. I am not asking for any tuition, only that you spread the word to your pack and see if any are interested in coming to teach for a spell. I welcome all perspectives." Do I draw the line at god-crazed ex-girlfriends? No, that wouldn't be in the spirit of things. Even if Thalia appeared... she would take her. Right?

Right?

Eligos

Loner

Advanced Fighter (85)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

02-07-2022, 05:26 PM
Eligos blinked slowly at her disclaimer. Interesting... everything... everything, and everyone, had a price. To hear her say that she was not asking any payment made him immediately wary. Particularly in light of Thalia's recent dealings with Theory herself. There was a catch, somewhere in there. If she wasn't looking for payment - and really, they'd be putting out a great deal of time and effort that would have otherwise been going towards their own pack, to build up other peoples' kids, so there had to be a great deal of worth on it - then there was something else she was looking for. The opportunity to corrupt the young minds? "I will be certain to speak with my pack about it," he murmured. And he would, eventually. "Perhaps I would be interested in teaching eventually. With faith in the Fallen, all things are possible." If someone didn't know Eligos they could be forgiven for thinking that he was being facetious, poking at Theory. But of course everyone knew that Eligos had no sense of humor whatsoever and could not possibly ever be joking. Not at all. "I am considered something of a fighter, myself, and would be happy to take on a class eventually in fighting or tactics. Or theology."