build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
12-16-2021, 11:24 AM
By the time she reached Ashen’s borders, the sun had fully risen and shone warmly down on a splendid spring morning. This was the kind of weather she’d yearned for during the long, strange night that had stretched across the land. Theory shook off thoughts of crystals and mushrooms and focused on the task at hand: greeting the Empress and introducing her to the plans she had for Abaven. While she’d run into Ashen’s tight-lipped male counterpart, Theory couldn’t recall meeting its Empress. She’d heard of her, of course - from Sirius and other Armada wolves. She hoped her relationship with the Warlord might make this conversation more interesting for the elusive Empress.

Regardless of her response, Theory reminded herself not to take it personally. This was merely an invitation. She slowed as the border approached and stretched, low and long. The journey had taken slightly longer than she’d expected due to the waterflow from melting snow, making some places treacherous or difficult to cross. Once her muscles had loosened up, she sat back and called for the Empress and her Shogun.

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
12-20-2021, 01:46 PM
Though Hattori had met Theory once before he couldn't claim to know her very well, or even begin to guess what had brought her to Ashen's borders. The call did not sound overly demanding nor did the alpharess seem as though she was in a hurry, like this was a time sensitive affair. Instead the Shogun got a sense it was a social call of sorts, as he cut his way through the trees and slowed to a walk as he saw her dark, long limbed form on the other side of Ashen's territorial markers.

Given the mess the world was only just starting to recover from, Theory looked well enough. Her eyes were clever and bright, and though she'd always been on the overly-leggy side, she didn't seem too thin or in poor health. He doubted she'd come here to ask anything of Ashen, most alphas were too stubborn and prideful to even consider such a thing. So what did she have in mind? He blinked slowly, as if only just remembering that was something he needed to do.

"Theory." He greeted, dipping his head in a polite nod.

As always his body language gave little away, shoulders square and back straight, but he held no hostility in his form. If she wished to speak he would listen and that was all.
[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

12-20-2021, 06:32 PM
"Greetings, Shogun," she replied as Hattori revealed himself. The beast was looking as well as ever. Although they weren't particularly close, she didn't wish ill upon anyone - especially the dark portents that the ooze had brought across the land. That was a fate not even willed upon her worst enemies. "I hope Ashen has fared well, given recent events." She kept it short and to the point; he hadn't revealed himself one much for socializing. "Is the Empress available as well?" Theo probed lightly. He was a completely closed book and it was possible his feminine counterpart would be easier to read. Regardless, she could deliver the news to either of them. "I'm simply bringing goodwill and news - Abaven has decided to open itself up to the continents as a school. The grounds will be neutral, welcome to all wolves who wish to improve their skills or learn. You may have youngsters who could do with seeing more of the land or being exposed to other young wolves - we did agree, once, that it was a productive endeavor," she said, allowing herself a small smile. It was difficult to get a read on him, but at least she could try and infuse some warmth to her message. He had seemed amenable to wolves socializing between packs when they'd chatted about his rambunctious son. Oh, no. His son. Would he send that little upstart? Theory chided herself - the school was exactly the place for little upstarts. If she couldn't handle his son, she had no business being a teacher.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
12-29-2021, 01:24 PM
Venom was slower to make her way to the border, but she had been at one of the farther islands. Venom trusted Hattori to act in the Empire’s best interest and would let him speak for her, but she was glad to hear the voice of Abaven’s alpha. They were connected by family after all. The Empress appeared out of the trees as Theory began to explain her reasoning behind being here at their border. It seemed that , like Venom, the woman valued education. More so than the Empress herself who was quite unwilling to open up her own borders to the whole of Boreas and Auster. Not that she could deny the value in such a place.

”Hello, Alphess, welcome to Ashen.” She started with a quick nod as Theory quieted. ”It certainly is a productive endeavor, I’d wager. I am curious what you get out of hosting our young?.” There was wisdom in seeing the world from different perspectives, Venom liked the idea but she wasn’t so sure of the she wolf’s motives. Maybe Venom was too paranoid and Theory was really that altruistic.
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
01-02-2022, 09:43 AM
Hattori cast a look Venom's way as she approached, light paws barely rustling the ground as she settled in line. Theory intended to open up Abaven to the general public and wished to make it a place of learning? What a waste of time and resources. Was it not everyone's responsibility to look after their own? It seemed both lazy and irresponsible to simply hand them off and hope for the best, but from what little he knew of Theory and her kin he doubted she had any ulterior motives. Probably.

"I see." He rumbled, only to find himself agreeing with Venom's posed question. What did they have to gain?

[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

01-19-2022, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2022, 08:52 PM by Theory. Edited 1 time in total.)
"What do I... get?" She replied, perplexed. Of course they were wolves who looked at the world in a more binary sense - what they could get, how they could wring the most out of any interaction. Working everything in their favor. It was calculating, and she was sure it had served the Empire well. After all, every time she blinked, another pack seemed to spring up that was their close ally or sister pack. There was certainly more than one way to skin a rabbit, per se. "Well, I'm sure my own life and pack would be enriched by hosting. I assure you, my motives are simply to provide all youths with a holistic education that will set them up to tackle any challenge they wish. My own education was cut short when my mother died, and while I had the support of my family, I think offering a haven for mentorship and learning would be something my younger self might have taken advantage of. Thrived in. I just want others to have that opportunity." She felt thoroughly examined beneath their combined gaze. Truthfully, this was one of the last questions she expected.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
01-28-2022, 08:48 AM
Confusion rippled over the Abaven alpha’s features as she processed Venom’s question. However much older Theory was than Venom, standing here now she felt like the woman’s elder as she was so caught off guard by the question presented to her. Making obvious how different their minds worked from one another. The Empress expected some kind of ulterior motive, she was collecting youths from all over the continent. What other benefit could there be? Venom could see Theory molding the minds of the young to feel that strong connection with Abaven, cementing their presence in the hearts and minds of the generations to come. Really it was brilliant if it were not an unintended consequence.

”I see,” Venom echoed her husband, but she was much more understanding in her words. ”I think Ashen will have to take advantage of such a generous offer.” However much Venom trusted her pack to train the youths of Ashen perhaps they would do well to send a young wolf or to, just to further asses and know what Abaven was about. ”We are technically family after all.” She finished softly. Her aunt Samara lived with her cousins there, and now Void married her brother. At the very least the connection should be pursued.
[Image: ven-sig.png]