build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
12-16-2021, 11:25 AM
This pack seemed to be the most remote she’d encountered, choosing to maintain their quarters primarily off-shore. Having lived on Ibis Islands for a time, there were certain things she missed about island life, but the isolation was not one of them. It was early morning and a thick mist hung across the grassy plain and small beach that separated her from their island respite. Theory paced back and forth, debating how she was going to proceed. It was important to her that every pack she could reach heard her invitation. Besides, if they weren’t interested, she would simply leave. Taking a steadying breath, Theory called out from the edge of Aspen Dam.

Dalila

Elysium
Nurse

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (255)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

The Ooze ParticipantPride - Demisexual1K
12-16-2021, 11:46 AM

Dalila steadily worked her way around the perimeter of the pack, starting first with the island and then moving on to the Aspen Dam. It sometimes felt silly to patrol an island, but after having some crazed predators infected by the ooze make the swim across to the island she didn't want to be too careful. The island had several pups living on it currently after all, including her own daughter, so it was good to be overly cautious. Patrolling the Aspen Dam made a bit more sense considering it was connected to the rest of Auster. She had her armor on and both of the dogs that Chimera had given to her following behind as she followed the shore up to the edge of the territory near the most northern point of Auster. While her training had been going well and she was more confident in her abilities than she had been in the past, she still didn't want to take any chances when she left the island.

To her surprise, just as she was beginning to follow the scent markers around the far side of the dams, she heard a howl calling for Fenmyre's alpha. Her ears flicked nervously when she realized that for the time being at least that was her and she made herself roll her shoulders back and stand a bit taller as she picked up the pace to go greet whoever it was that was calling, her companions following suit behind her. Soon enough she spotted the black and white woman waiting for her and Dalila came to stand across from her on the pack's side of the border. The other woman smelled noticeably of another pack, but it wasn't one Dalila was immediately familiar with so she didn't have any immediate judgements to pass. She gave the taller woman a soft smile and said in greeting, "I'm Dalila, Fenmyre's Ancillary Queen. What brings you here?"

"Dalila Vista Rocha"

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

12-16-2021, 12:03 PM
"Hello, Dalila," she greeted the approaching alpha, dipping her head for a moment as a sign of respect between leaders. The other female was completely geared up for a patrol, which raised a small alert. Had they had trouble recently? Theory occasionally wore her bracers on patrol, but not often. She also noted the large dogs that trailed her. Safety was a primary concern for many after the land had been afflicted by that terrible disease and the treacherous, unending night. Taking this all into account, Theory tried to interject additional warmth into her opening statement: "Thank you for meeting me at your border. I hope you and yours have managed to make it out on the other side of the recent darkness safely. My name is Theory, I'm alpha of Abaven - quite far from here, on the eastern coast of Boreas," she paused to take a breath and try to assess how Dalila was receiving her. "My pack has always been a neutral and welcoming place, but I've recently decided to shift our focus to education for both young and old. I wanted to extend an open invitation to your pack. If you have any young wolves looking to learn or interact with wolves from all across Boreas, you are welcome to send them to us at any time. We also would love to welcome any visiting teachers or older students. Abaven will be occupying the Crystallum Cliffs, Monument Rapids, and Rustling Thicket on the eastern coast." With her speech coming to a close, Theory sat back and waited for a response.

Dalila

Elysium
Nurse

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (255)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

The Ooze ParticipantPride - Demisexual1K
12-20-2021, 01:01 AM

Dalila listened while Theory introduced herself and spoke of the pack she represented—a pack called Abaven which sat on Boreas' eastern shore. Her brows lifted with a bit of surprise at the fact that Theory had traveled so far to get here, but it certainly spoke to how much the trip mattered to the other alpha for her to come all the way here to deliver her message rather than sending someone else from the pack or even a messenger bird. With a flick of her tail her two companions settled onto their stomachs, relaxing now that she was more certain that there was no threat. She had been working on how to communicate silently with them and so far it had been going fairly well.

Dalila settled back onto her haunches as well as Theory continued to speak, telling her about her neutrally aligned pack which was now pivoting its focus to be a school and place of education. It was the first time she had heard of a pack opening itself up to anyone and everyone in this way and smiled softly as Theory invited any of their young wolves to come learn. She thought about all the pups that currently occupied Fenmyre, including Rusalka, and all the ones that were to come sooner rather than later and she wondered if maybe it would be a good idea for them to experience something other than this island at some point. She'd certainly like for Ruse to broaden her horizons and there was no doubt the girl would enjoy an adventure. She was still far too young to be making that kind of trip, but it was an interesting thought.

The Fenmyre Queen smiled a bit wider and nodded in understanding to Theory's explanation, taking note of the locations that were listed for where they could be found. "That's quite the noble undertaking," she commented appreciatively. "I'll have to bring the information to our King to get his take on things, but I don't see why our children couldn't come participate in your school once they're a bit older. I appreciate you coming all this way to inform us." She certainly wouldn't make any firm commitments without Chimera's say so, but keeping things light and positive for her first interaction with another alpha seemed like a wise choice.

"Dalila Vista Rocha"

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

12-20-2021, 07:18 PM
With the dogs laid to heel, Theory relaxed slightly. This far south she wasn't sure where the packs stood in relation to each other - it was possible that Fenmyre had enemies on the shore, or a number of other reasons to be overly cautious. Everyone had something they wished to protect. She wouldn't begrudge the Ancillary Queen that. With her introductions finished, Dalila seemed to brighten at the idea. Theory gave her a warm smile. "I'm glad to have reached friendly ears in Auster, Dalila. I confess, this is my first time this far south. It's a beautiful place," Theo remarked. There was something fresh and different about these lands - little surprises seemed to lurk around every corner. "Please, confer with your King and any other pack members. My words are merely an invitation," she added. "I hope your children are faring well and growing strong in light of the recent trials we've all faced." Unlike some other packs, their diplomacy didn't stretch into hospitality - but that was fine. With the entourage she'd brought along on patrol, Theo doubted many were invited further into their lands. There was one further pack she had to visit, then she could rest before forging back across the Bifrost. Theory lingered for a moment longer to see if Dalila would dismiss her or wish to ask any further questions.