gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Kristen
12-27-2021, 03:37 PM

Boy, it had been a while since Raijin had set foot in these lands. Almost exactly a year, to be precise. His little foray back to Ashen had taken him much longer than he’d intended. The journey from Boreas there took almost 2 full months, seeing as he had to stop and get directions. Normally he wasn’t directionally challenged, but he hadn’t exactly been the picture of health during his first arrival, he hardly remembered anything. The trip back had only taken a month and a half now that he knew where he was going, but everything in between had been gathering intelligence and uncovering a secret that had shaken him to his core.

He had two nieces.

It had been the last thing he’d expected to hear, considering his twin’s tragic death, and at first he hadn’t known what to do. Eventually, he’d sought them out and boy were they a pair, but there were little things about their mannerisms and their appearances that assured him that they were indeed of his blood. He’d invited them back to Boreas with him, but both had opted to stay back. They’d been assured they were always welcome and given a detailed map of how to get to Boreas and to Ashen, certainly a dangerous thing to do but for family, he’d do anything. It had been sad leaving them, but to know that there were still pieces of Takemikazuchi in the world brought him peace.

Now, as he looked around the Stone Steppe, he was reminded of his arrival, when he’d first come across Hattori again after thinking him dead. His golden gaze was soft with remembrance, a chuckle escaping his lips as he thought about their quarrel and how cold his cousin was. He wondered how he and Venom’s kids were, if Ashen was well. He’d find out in a few short days, but for the time being he was tired and sore from travel. His antlered fox companion poured him a cup of hot sencha tea that had been steeping over the fire they’d build. He blew on it and raised the stone cup to his mouth, clutched between both paws, and took a sip. A rumbling sigh came from him, it was good to be back.

"Speech"

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
12-27-2021, 06:53 PM

Doing a reconnaissance of the surrounding areas before officially claiming the Crystallum Cliffs had brought the nearby territories to a new light. Theory found an appreciation for the way the stones were scattered across the steppe, some of them small and some of them reaching high towards the sky like outstretched hands. Evening had just begun to fall and spring's telltale nightly chill had settled on to her bones. Theo shivered lightly as the sun finally slipped down below the horizon, its last bit of warmth fading away with the light. Almost done now and I can loop home... And what? Settle down to sleep? Actual, restful sleep had been rare since Thalia had left and the long night had come. First it was because she was kept awake by the sickness, then by nightmares, and now... well, now, she mostly laid awake until she passed out and woke up some unknown time later.

At least it would be warmer in her den. She was just about to turn back towards Abaven when the smell of smoke tickled her nose. A soft scent, a controlled fire. Was someone nearby? From behind a looming nearby stone, a welcoming curl of campfire smoke floated up towards the darkening sky. Theory licked her lips and weighed her options. Soaking up a little bit of warmth before she continued her trip wouldn't hurt. She was more than capable of taking care of herself - even if she wasn't up to complete fighting condition after the recent illness, her dark leather raven's wing bracers were strapped on and she could still scuffle with the best of them. The allure of company and warmth won out and Theory edged around the fallen stone to happen upon a large male sprawled out before the fire and sipping a warm glass of something tantalizing. "Hello - am I intruding?" she said, pausing at the corner of the stone to gauge his reaction.

""

Raijin

Loner

Expert Fighter (235)

Master Intellectual (275)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Kristen
12-27-2021, 07:23 PM

As Raijin sat, enjoying his tea, the scent of a wolf blew his way. He paused, auds turning in the direction and golden gaze lifting in a squint to see who was approaching. The form of a woman, clad in an inky black but splashed with varying patterns of white, peered around one of the large stones, seemingly cautious. A smart woman, he surmised. She asked if she was intruding and he gave his characteristic charming grin, shaking his head. “My only current company is my thoughts, and I’d wager you’d be far more entertaining,” he replied, gesturing with a paw for her to come closer. He cast a glance to his fox companion, who bustled to a pack they brought along and pulled out another cup for their newfound company. “Would you like some tea?” he asked. Tea was always a good way to get to know someone.

"Speech"

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

01-04-2022, 06:44 PM

Tea. Well, she surely didn't know what that was, but the comforting curl of steam that wafted from his cup was intriguing. It reminded her of something Fable might whip up which set her back at ease. Theory hadn't worn her bracers for this excursion, if worst did come to worst, so perhaps she was at a disadvantage if it did come to blows. But... he didn't strike her as the type, especially as he flashed her that rakish grin. She reminded herself to be more careful next time - like that woman who'd greeted her off the coast of Fenmyre, outfitted for battle and travelling with her companions for safety. Even with all of her responsibilities, Theory erred on the side of optimism. Perhaps that would change once she saw the students start to trickle in; that would give her so much more to protect.

"Sure, I'll join you," she murmured after weighing the options. His smile won out in the end. Theory sat across from him and the fire, turning so that her broad side could catch the most of the warmth. "That does feel quite good," she admitted. The heat sank in to her fur and warmed the skin underneath to a pleasant tingle. "I'm Theory, Headmistress of Abaven. I was just scouting the surrounding areas. Have you travelled far?" she asked, already half-lidded and content. Her bright blue eyes flickered brightly as the glow of the fire reflected back at him.

""

Raijin

Loner

Expert Fighter (235)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Kristen
01-10-2022, 04:39 PM

He could sense her hesitance in her posture as she moved further from behind the stones, but her willingness to venture closer bode well for a lasting interaction. She consented, settling her frame near the fire. He could see her gradually begin to relax as the heat soothed her worries, goading her into a sense of safety. He watched quietly, his companion pouring her a cup of the tea as well before backing away with a small bow and sitting several feet away, waiting to see if she could be of more service.

She offered her name and an explanation as to why she’d been out and about, as well as a question, quite proper in an introduction. The name Abaven sounded familiar, and he racked his brain to remember why that was. Then, he remembered. It was a pack to the North East of Ashen, not quite allies but not enemies either. Neutral would be the word. Normally he wasn’t reserved, but he had also learned to take the lead and hints from others. She was relaxing in his presence, but still slightly on guard and likely would be for a while yet. It would be best to slowly insert his charming personality, rather than all at once he thought. “Genji Raijin at your service, my lady Theory,” he replied, dipping his head in a bow. “But please, call me Raijin. Genji is far too stuffy,” he added, flashing another grin and taking a sip of his tea. “Yes, I’ve traveled quite far. About a month and a half’s trip from here to my homeland and another back, though I much prefer Boreas. My cousin has set himself up south of here with a wife, children and pack of his own, so I’m taking a little respite here before heading that way,” he explained.

“Were you scouting for anything in particular? Perhaps I can help,” he offered. If she was looking for prey or herds, he wouldn’t mind delaying himself by a day to lend her a paw. Those bright, intelligent blue eyes intrigued him, and he wanted to stay in their presence a little longer.

"Speech"

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

01-19-2022, 11:51 AM
She couldn’t help but chuckle. Lady Theory? That was a pleasant change of pace. Since she had taken over so young, her leadership had always been predicated on a sense of mutual goals and respect. Although she often spoke formally as a reflex, she had never demanded or expected the same from her pack. Lady Theory. It was nice. A little regal, maybe, for her tastes, but it was easy on the ears. She’d take it.

The fire crept deeper into her fur, stroking its warmth along the skin beneath. She let out a long, pleased sigh and rested her chin on her paws as she listened to Raijin introduce himself. ”A pack of his own? I’m familiar with most of the leaders in the land - which pack?” she asked, then stretched out her back legs until she felt the pleasant thrum of her muscles finally letting some tension loose. ”I didn’t realize how much I wanted - needed - a good fire,” Theo added with a chuckle. A curl of steam from the cup in front of her was inviting, but she could tell the liquid was still too hot to sip. Instead she eyed it, licking her lips with anticipation.

Raijin

Loner

Expert Fighter (235)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Kristen
01-29-2022, 02:53 PM

His comment seemed to elicit a chuckle of amusement from Theory and his bobbed tail wiggled in pleasure behind his frame. She looked better with a smile, he thought. It seemed to suit her better than a frown, which wasn’t the case with all wolves. Some seemed to have a regal air that was much more suited for a stoic facade, and that was just fine. His golden gaze watched as her posture further relaxed, resting her dark head on her pale paws before offering up a question as to who his cousin was. He raised a brow, noting how she’d side stepped his question about what she’d been out scouting for, but he pushed it to the side. It wasn’t as if Ashen was hidden knowledge, its Empire’s tendrils reached all across Boreas.

“Ashen, to the southwest of here,” he replied simply, auds tilting forward as she spoke again. Raijin rumbled in agreement, the sound causing small ripples in the tea that was held between his large paws. “I’ve always found fires on a cold night, coupled with a cup of tea and good company, can do wonders for the soul. There’s a certain comfort in it,” he replied, once again raising the tea cup to his lips to take a sip, feeling the warmth drip its way down his throat and spread through his limbs.

"Speech"

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

02-07-2022, 04:51 PM
"Oh, Ashen, yes. I'm familiar with its Empress and her Shogun. He's not a man of many words... but his convictions seem strong. They make an interesting pair," she offered, her opinion neither particularly negative or positive. Venom and Hattori cut a striking couple, although she couldn't imagine the intimacies of their relationship. Did he speak more openly when they were alone? Somehow, she doubted it. How did you court someone like that? Come to love someone like that? A strange pall came over her as she recounted Thalia's reticence. The long silences that had stretched between them.

You didn't, was the answer. You would always be left wanting.

Perhaps the Empress was made of different stuff. Regardless, it wasn't polite to speculate on the relationships of others - and surely Raijin didn't speak of the Shogun himself. But pack of his own could mean many things. "Ah - oh, I'm sorry - is the Shogun your cousin? We've only met a few times, she confessed. "But could you tell me if he's ever any more talkative?" A glimmer of humor lit her eyes from within, sparkling in the flickering firelight that danced between them.