Dayton

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
05-12-2014, 08:05 PM

Dayton moved somberly across the empty plain. He heaved a sigh and lifted his eyes to the heavens. What had gone wrong? He and Misha had only known each other a short time, and already their love was beginning to rot. These violent delights have violent ends, he thought grimly. And in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which as they kiss consume. What a miserable verse. But it suited his situation so well in this moment. Their love had burned quickly and brightly. Fires such as theirs were, perhaps, not meant to last.

His amber stare was blank as the wind began to blow. He brought his steps to a halt in the middle of nowhere and gazed around at the barren area. Clusters of dead pines were strewn haphazardly, as if dropped there by some uncaring creator.

It was an awful feeling. Heartbreak. As if someone had torn viciously into your chest and ripped your heart to shreds. It may have sounded cliche, but it was true. The aching inside him was palpable. So he collapsed to the ground and struggled back tears to no avail. The moisture ran down his cheeks at an alarming rate, but he refused to make a sound. This silence was serene. This silence was exactly what he needed.

Walk.
"Talk."
Think.

Pacifica

gems
size
build
player
05-29-2014, 03:17 AM

She moved to parts unknown. For the first time since arriving in the lands and since joining Seracia, Pacifica journeyed Northward. What she searched for was beyond her, perhaps she just wanted to put as much distance between her and the life she knew. Seracia was no more, and it was a place she had called home for over a year. Her heart still hurt, for Pontifex was no more. He was the first wolf she had met upon arriving, had fallen for him so quickly without meaning to, and had started her life in Seracia because of him. And it was after the war that he had changed...he had disappeared for some time, appearing only briefly before disappearing again. And the wind whispered to her ears that he was now dead. A tear slipped from her clear blue eyes now full of sorrow. She wiped it away upon her foreleg, holding back the rest she had contained for so long. She would not cry. She was happy to have met him, happy to have been happy. Even if for a little while.

The snow fell around her, speckling her pelt in light frost as she trudged on through the snow. Alongside her, a wall standing in the middle of nowhere. She wasn't sure why it was there, but it was something different then she had seen before. Pacifica kept her head low, eyes on the ground as she retained flashbacks of her life. Why things turned out the way they did she didn't know, but she would not dwell on them. She had been happy once before. Would it ever happen again? A scent carried to her by the wind would cause her head to raise. The ghostly silver femme gazed about, a wolf scent sweeping about her. She could hear too, the almost too quiet sound of something more...crying? She looked around, seeing nothing. It sounded like it was coming from the other side of the wall...was someone hurt?

Pacifica continued on a few paces, having found a split in the wall from which she climbed through to get to the other side. Looking towards the way she had come, she saw a figure lying in the snow. Nearby, a male was upon the ground. The scenery around him, on this side of the wall at least, was strewn with random trees who seemed to be gnarled and broken...like her own heart. She stood there, staring at the male. Wondering if he was hurt or something else. Her mind told her to be careful, and yet her heart was too good to simply walk away without seeing if he was okay first. So she would start her course towards him, stopping no more then three or so feet away with her head and tail lowered. She was showing that she was not here to hurt him. "Excuse me, are you alright?"

Speech
Thought
Others

Dayton

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
05-31-2014, 08:19 PM

The snow would continue to fall, collecting in a thin sheet upon Dayton's back. He didn't bother to shake it away. After all, what would be the point in doing that? No sooner would he rid his pelt of the heavy flakes, more would fall to replace them. So the male continued to lay there in a pathetic heap, silent tears slipping from his eyes. Never before had he felt such pain. Not since his sister had died, and even that had been more expected than this. His sister had always been ill and weak. Had Misha always been so angry and hurtful?

Just the thought of her brought more pain to his heart, so Dayton tried to push the thoughts from his mind. His amber eyes had run dry, and now he resorted to staring at the desolate scenery. It certainly didn't help his mood. Constant shivers were now running down his body. The small brute was just about to consider finding shelter when a woman approached him. With the state he was in, he didn't even bother to move away. If she was here to hurt him, she could. He wouldn't mind.

But her clear blue eyes were unbearably kind as she lowered her posture and looked down at him. The man could not imagine what he must look like, a snowy beast lying in a puddle of his own tears. He wouldn't allow it. So Dayton heaved one last sigh and lifted his slight form away from the earth. The snow fell away from him like a cape, tumbling to the ground in a heap beside the boy.

He stared blankly at the pretty female, trying his best to look pleasant as he did so. It wasn't her fault that his heart was broken. Dayton wouldn't let anyone else be damaged by this. "To be honest, my lady, I have seen better days. But I will not burden you with my life story. What brings you here?" With these words, the russet brute would force a smile onto his face in the hopes that it looked genuine. He still wanted to be courteous to the maiden.

Walk.
"Talk."
Think.

Pacifica

gems
size
build
player
06-04-2014, 09:35 PM

The snow would continue to fall around them, the femme's ears folding back slightly when she realized the male was crying. Hear heart went out to him, for she heard his aching cries and his pain seemed to radiate off of him. She wondered what could have happened to him, but upon glancing at his eyes she knew. She had been through it already. He would choose to stand, the snow that coated his frame fell away from his pelt to land in a heap beside him. Her gaze followed him with each movement, head level. The light of the day along with the snow reflected off the intricate mask that twined around her face. The marking she was born with that made her unique and different among others. He would respond to her, and she would smile lightly as she shook her head for a brief moment.

Her tail wagged slightly, eyes gazing with surreal kindness. Though it was a look she always carried, for she was compassionate and caring. "I do not mind, though we are strangers to one another I will always lend an ear should you feel like talking. I think you'll come to find that I'm a very understanding person." She gave a soft smile, shaking away the flakes that accumulated on her pelt as she went on to respond to his question. "I suppose you can say I'm a wanderer again...The pack I called home was lost to a challenge, so I left and...well, here I am." Her voice would falter slightly, the softness of it growing slightly shaky before she cleared her throat. Seracia, was the place she had gone to after meeting Pontifex...and they had begun to fall in love with each other. But ever since the War, he had changed and then...disappeared. Rumors of his death heard upon the wind.

It saddened her heart, broken beyond repair...or so she thought. And it was time for a new beginning she supposed, though where she was headed or going in her life now was completely unknown to her. Baby blue eyes sought out the face of the male before her, for a fleeting moment she could have sworn she saw Pontifex...but a single blink and the image was gone. The sight nearly brought tears to her eyes, but she would hide them away. "Um...do you have a name, sir?"

"Speech"

Dayton

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
06-11-2014, 07:48 PM

The young man would heave a sigh once more, promising himself that this would be the last time he displayed his sadness to another living soul. Such heartbreak was not meant to be shared. And if ever there were a time when the boy would share such sorrows, it would be with someone who actually understood. Someone who was suffering from the same burden. With wonder, he realized that this woman could very well be that someone. Her eyes were a bit too deep, their gentle blue plagued with a sort of heaviness. She grieved as well, perhaps even for a lost love. Her words remained bright as she offered her attention to him. She claimed to be a very understanding person.

And Dayton, of course, was a very trusting person. So he lifted his ears to her welcoming voice, letting his amber eyes lighten up for a moment. "That is very kind of you, but I still do not want to burden you with my sorrows. With this the small brute would give a smile that was wry and unintentionally charming." "But I also want to be open with you. So, I will tell you while sparing the details."

He shifted his posture again, releasing a few more of the downy white flakes. He tried not to think of how lovely her eyes were. They reminded him too much of Misha. So instead his gaze trailed the intricate markings around those eyes, entranced by the pattern as he spoke. "To make long story short, I fell hopelessly in love with someone. She was beautiful, and she was good, but she was even more damaged than I was. It only hurt me more to stay in her presence, so eventually things... Fell apart. It hurts me to be without her." Dayton brought his eyes to hers, giving an empty smile. "But I keep reminding myself that it's better this way. And yes, I do have a name. You can call me Day. What may I call you?"

Walk."Talk."Think.

Pacifica

gems
size
build
player
06-24-2014, 09:12 PM

The male before would seem to be going through a range of emotions. He was no different then her, it seemed. And it would become apparent in this meeting, little did she know he had gone through the same as she. Except her first love, was now dead. Her head would shake at his first response, a light smile coming to her delicate features. "It is no problem at all, sir. I have time, and nowhere to go." She lightly laughed for a second, emphasizing that she was okay with him talking should he choose to do so. Fortunately, he would choose to do so. She smiled back at him, her haunches finding the snowy ground as her tail wrapped neatly around silvery paws. The snow reflected off the silvery white mask on her face, bringing out her bright blue eyes more.

She listened intently, both ears towards him as she watched him speak. There was evident pain in his eyes, troubled thoughts swimming in his soul. And his words? Etched with the obvious pain, the same pain she felt. She felt her heart go out to him, the girl biting her lip as if to keep herself from having an outburst at the situation. She would allow him to continue his story, brows furrowing at his sad tale. How could someone break the heart of someone as sweet as him? He didn't seem like a bad person, unless he was throwing up some facade and really was a horrible creature, but she could feel in her heart he was not. She could see it in his eyes, and hear it in his voice. He was far from a bad person...

He finished his tale, then giving a name. Day...she silently mouthed the word. She liked it. His name was easy to remember, and she was sure his personality was as bright as the daylight sun. Perhaps one day she would get the chance to see it, but for now, she would do her best to try and cheer him up. Strangers or not, she would aim to be his friend and do her best to cure his broken heart. Although if it were anything like her own heart, there really wasn't any cure...at least, not that she knew of. Medicine and herbs could only go so far, and she had no clue if there was any sort of cure for a broken heart. She dipped her head to him, once again gazing at him before introducing himself. "Day, it is nice to meet you. You may call me Pacifica, a pleasure sir." She seemed to almost bow her head to him, eyes gazing with kindness. She wondered if she should tell him about her own experience, and figure why not? He had shared with her, it was only fair.

"I too, have a story of my own. Upon coming to these lands, I had met a Seracian male...our first meeting was quite..interesting. Shortly after, I joined his pack. Not long after that, things...happened. War. He went, and I never saw him for months...when he finally came back, something was different...I don't know what happened to him, but..not long after he..." She wasn't sure if she could continue her sentence. The pain was growing, the memories vivid in her mind. Tears would well up in her eyes, and slowly would stream down her face. She looked down at the ground, embarrassed. "I heard he was dead...he was so close...and he just..." It was true. Pontifex had decided he didn't want to keep going anymore. And as much as she loved him, it seemed her untold feelings were not enough for the male. She glanced up at Dayton, the pain evident as it flowed through her now. The woman unable to hold it back any longer. She had held it in for so long, it now poured. "When he came back...he was so different. So...broken. Something changed in him, and although I didn't know alot about him...but..." She wasn't sure what else to say, wasn't sure exactly why she had fallen in love with Pontifex. But love didn't need a reason, it had just happened. I-I'm sorry..." She shook her head in silence, a low murmur in her voice.

"Speech"