size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
01-01-2022, 09:05 PM

Bowen hadn't made any effort to get to know her moms new lover. It felt strange, especially after having her mother back from the dead for a time. Things had been a little uncomfortable after that. All Bowen had known when she'd been abducted was that her parents loved each other. When she came back, her mother was dead and her mom had moved on to some big brown guy. Bowen couldn't blame her, it just took some time to sort out the emotions. Now that she believed she'd come to terms with things, the tiny fae decided to speak with the man.

Bo seated herself at the edge of the Starlit Plains so that they could have a bit of privacy. She called for the man in question, then settled down to wait. The fae's viridian gaze turned upwards and she watched the stars float brightly in the sky. The plains were a pretty place and the only real way to see them was at night, so that was the time that she chose. Aside from that, night lent a seriousness to the meeting. Bowen planned to be very serious.

"Speech"|| "Romanian"

[Image: gSBkYSG.gif]Bowen Arrow Carpathius [Image: 2cnsALh.png]

Kaneonuskatew

Loner

Advanced Hunter (75)

Expert Healer (155)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

01-12-2022, 02:37 PM

It had become common routine for Kane to spend a good portion of his nights either out in the castle gardens or on the plains, watching the stars and moon in the heavens above while he prayed. In all his years, he'd never found such a clear view of the night sky as he did in this place. It truly made him feel as if he'd found where he was meant to be. The life of a lone vagabond had been the life he'd resigned himself to and had come to terms with, but after meeting Tamsyn and finding he was capable of loving again, the Hallows had irrevocably become his home. Still, despite the time he'd spent with the pack, the only ones of his new mate's children he'd spent any reasonable length of time with were Artorias and Gwynevere. He'd hoped to change that now that he was going to be a permanent fixture in Tamsyn's life, but finding the right way to do so without feeling like he was imposing or intruding was... challenging.

As if the Universe had seen fit to answer his dilemma for him, tawny brown ears caught the sound of a call for him from across the plains. It was a familiar voice, but not one that was immediately recognizable. Curious, the dire brute rose to his paws and shook the loose grass and dew from his fur, plodding across the rolling dips of the hills and flat grasslands until he found the russet and ivory fae that had called him. He recognized Tamsyn's littlest daughter from when she'd returned home to the family, but she was another of her brood that he hadn't spent any time with. Looks like that was about to change! Wearing a welcoming smile, he approached Bowen and dipped his head to her in greeting, the jet-black raven feathers in his mane that represented his lifelong commitment to Tamsyn bouncing gently as he did. "Are the stars speaking to you tonight, little bird?" he spoke in his gentle rumbling baritone, finding a seat on the grass near her, but not beside her, giving her a respectful amount of personal space. "It's good to finally find a chance to speak with you. I am Kane."

"Kaneonuskatew"

As his mate, Tamsyn may enter his threads not marked as Private.

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
01-12-2022, 06:39 PM

Russet ears shifted at the sound of approaching paws and Bowen's head tilted slightly so that she could watch Kane approach. He looked amiable enough, but the young woman still felt a little off about him. It was to be expected, she supposed. To a child, their parents are supposed to be together forever. With her mother dead and another in her place, it felt strange. She was trying though, so when he offered a smile, she offered one in return.

His question about the stars brought a soft chuckle and she shook her head. "The stars don't speak to me. Only the waves of the sea," she admitted, her tone somewhat wistful. How she missed the sea. The man seated himself, his expression still kind. She could see no hint of annoyance at being called. No hint of faking it either. That was good.

The earthen brute introduced himself and the woman nodded. She knew his name, but this was their first proper introduction. "Bowen, which you probably know," she gave a little shrug as she spoke. Hopefully he knew, at least. Surely her mother talked about all of them even though they spent little time together.

Bowen turned her full attention to the man, shifting her seated position a bit so that she could look upon him with both wide, emerald eyes. "I'm not sure about you," she admitted. "Seeing someone with my mom that's not my mother... it just feels wrong." She wouldn't lie about what the situation made her feel and decided that being open about it was better than hiding it away. "I want my mom to be happy, however, so I'm trying. And I figured the best way was to get to know you." The caramel cream fae lifted one sable paw from the earth and made a small, but sweeping gesture accompanied by a small smile. "So here we are."

"Speech"|| "Romanian"

[Image: gSBkYSG.gif]Bowen Arrow Carpathius [Image: 2cnsALh.png]

Kaneonuskatew

Loner

Advanced Hunter (75)

Expert Healer (155)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

01-17-2022, 03:42 PM

Bowen greeted him with a friendly enough smile, but in her rich emerald eyes, Kane saw the uncertainty and trepidation she felt within. He was a stranger to her, and he was building a life with her mother. She no doubt held the same apprehension towards him that Artorias had when he arrived. She mentioned that the stars don't speak to her, only the sea does, and Kane gave a quiet "aah" of understanding. "A daughter of the sea..." he mused with a chuckle. "No doubt you love your home's proximity to the coast then." Bowen gave her name in equal introduction, but as she had guessed, both wolves already knew of one another. "I do," he confirmed with a short nod and warm smile in her direction. "Your mother speaks fondly of you. Her explorer. You and your siblings are her entire world." In fact, it was her love for her children that had brought her and Kane together in the first place after he'd saved Gwynevere's life.

Kane glanced down to the littler fae once more when she turned to face him and stare up at him with those wide green eyes. He offered her the respect of turning to face her as well, tawny ears perked on his head while he consumed and considered every word she spoke. She was uncertain about him because of his relationship with Tamsyn. Any other wolf might have been offended, but Kane simply gave Bowen a gentle smile. She was an adult expressing her thoughts and feelings, and so he would treat her with the respect and courtesy she deserved. After all, this had been her home long before it was his. "I would be more surprised if you were completely unfazed by this change, actually. It's only natural to feel unease when things you are used to shift so dramatically and unexpectedly. But it takes a very kind-hearted spirit to look past her own unease for the benefit of one she loves." Kane was constantly amazed by the children Tamsyn had raised, how mature they had grown to be, how pure of heart and caring.

"You know, you and your brother are very alike. Artorias didn't care much for me when I first arrived at the Hallows, even less when Tamsyn and I became romantic. It's humorous to me, but it also makes me so very glad to know Tamsyn has you looking out for her." Kane looked away from her so his hazel eyes could study the constellations and systems in the sky overhead, feeling the overwhelming urge to sing to the heavens. "I must admit that it felt strange to me as well. I struggled to find a way to fit in with Tamsyn that didn't feel like I was usurping something that wasn't mine, or stepping where I shouldn't. But like you, I only want to see Tamsyn happy." Turning a crooked grin back down to Bowen, he added, "If nothing else, that means we have at least one thing in common."

Kane tipped his muzzle back to the sky and released a slow howl, serenading the evening sky in prayer for a moment. Half of his heart still expected to hear the songs of his tribe echo back to him. Silence only answered back, as it had for the past five years. "What would you like to know about me, little bird?" he asked Bowen, settling down on his belly across the soft grasses to get comfortable. He had a feeling this heart to heart would take some time, and for the Carpathius children, he was an open book. "And what would you tell me about yourself, Bowen?"

"Kaneonuskatew"

As his mate, Tamsyn may enter his threads not marked as Private.