Advanced Healer (90)

gems
size
Large
build
Light

The Ooze Participant
01-04-2022, 02:03 AM

Lia grabbed her bag and raced out into the plains. The Fatalis boy had been about to race after her, when a call from his father distracted him. He raised a paw and waved at her before taking off after the summons. Giving her a blessed moment of peace from the ‘epic’ story of fighting a not-lion with the most wicked sword-fighting wolf ever. Thank goodness for that, because despite the pups energy, she was worried about Art.

She hadn’t even known he was here, but with Briar’s birthday looming, and the secrecy Art had told Basilisk to keep, it was clear he was here for her turning of age. So, keeping clear of Briar, she found him at the barracks. Knocking on the door, she slipped inside. Finding the familiar form of the Hallowed leader. And, my, was he even bigger then she remembered? “My Lord” she said, dipping her head to him before hurrying over, placing her bag at her feet. “May I?” she asked softly, indicating her desire to grab his leg.

"Speech"

[Image: 2f7uv49.png]

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
01-04-2022, 02:25 AM
Artorias had snuck off to the barracks as quickly and quietly as he could following the battle with the tiger. He'd sent Basilisk off to fetch Lia to get him patched back up so he'd be in a presentable state for the Fatalis family at the birthday celebrations tomorrow and then hurried himself surreptitiously across the Armada lands to reach the familiar barracks, shutting himself inside and dropping the bottles of wine (carefully) near the door. He'd been using a small scrap of fur from one of the beddings to hold to his bleeding leg in an attempt to stem the flow of blood until Lia arrived, which was how she found him when she came in.

He greeted her with warm fire-kissed eyes and a brightening expression, overjoyed to see her again. Lia looked healthy, much more so than when he'd first bought her. She'd put on a healthy amount of weight, no longer looking quite so fragile, and there was a liveliness about her he hadn't seen before. The way she immediately greeted him as "My Lord" did disappoint him a bit; he had secretly hoped that maybe Briar would have some effect in breaking her older habits of forced servitude, but it seemed like her time in the Armada may have only reinforced those notions in her head. Still, he welcomed her in with a warm smile, grateful she was the one coming to his aid. "Hello again, Lia." He nodded and held his bleeding foreleg up for her. "Please do. I don't think he Fatalises would like me bleeding all over their home." While she began her work, Artorias looked her over once more, up close this time. "You look good. Healthy, I mean. How has life in the Armada treated you?"

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Lia

Loner

Advanced Fighter (105)

Advanced Healer (90)

gems
size
Large
build
Light

The Ooze Participant
01-04-2022, 02:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 02:54 AM by Lia. Edited 1 time in total.)

She smiled at him warmly, clearly happy to see him despite her automatically submissive tendencies. “I don’t think they’d be able to tell the difference” she teased lightly thinking how often the big Armada brutes trained and sparred. She had a look at the leg, unwinding the skin he’d wrapped about it temporarily. Hmm, it looked like it would need stitches. Working quickly,she tied a tourniquet just above the wound, and gave the gash a quick wash to stave off infection.

She had practised sawing on material, but hadn’t had much chance to try it out on a real patient before. Hiding her nerves and fear of failing him, she grabbed what she needed. “Thank you, My Lord” she said as she prepared her things. Her mind flashed fleetingly to the wolf who had attacked her outside the borders, and then to the long night, where she had thought she had fed Briar food contaminated with crystals… but since then, things had been going okay. She hid a little shudder at the thoughts,and began to apply a few stitches to his skin “Sorry” she whispered, knowing it was bound to hurt.

"Speech"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
01-04-2022, 02:53 AM
Lia's little bit of personal humor helped lighten the mood, and even had Artorias chuckling beneath his breath. This was true, the Armada's grasslands was likely so covered with blood by now that it'd be nearly impossible to tell whose was whose. While Lia looked over his wound and assessed the damage, Artorias just watched her work in quiet reverence of the healer. It seemed her skills had improved during her time here. It was such a far cry from the first time he'd seen her, when she'd been demure to the point of almost not speaking unless spoken to, throwing herself to his every whim, even trying to... ah, service him during her massage. Artorias' cheeks flushed with warmth when he recalled that first night in the cave when he'd had to insist she no longer had to subjugate herself like that beyond her will. He meant every word he said. So long as she was his and under his care, Lia would never again be a sex object or a slave.

Artorias gave a soft hum and nodded when she thanked him as she prepared her materials. Lia then began to stitch up his injury just as Iolaire had done the night of the attack on the Hallows. He winced and flinched every time the needle passed through flesh and muscle, but for the most part Artorias remained still and steady for her to do her work. "Don't apologize. You're doing what needs to be done," he remarked in his smooth, more mature and masculine baritones now that he'd reached peak adulthood. "Besides, this hurts a hell of a lot less than when the fucker stabbed me in the first place." He gave a low, rumbling chuckle, hoping his own attempt at humor would lighten Lia's spirits as well. She seemed a little... withdrawn. "Is everything okay, Lia?" he asked after a few beats of silence, fire opal eyes seeking her rich amber gaze. He couldn't place his paw on it, but Lia seemed somehow more reserved than he recalled. Had someone in the Armada been bothering her?

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Lia

Loner

Advanced Fighter (105)

Advanced Healer (90)

gems
size
Large
build
Light

The Ooze Participant
01-04-2022, 03:02 AM

She flashed him a shy smile, before concentrating on her work again. She could see where another healer had made her stitches, and she only needed to repair where he had pulled them. She was done in a moment, which was likely a relief to both of them. She pulled back, wiping her paws on a cloth, before binding his wound with a fresh bandage, once it was securely tightened she didn’t have anything to keep her hands busy, and her eyes found their way back to him again. He was definitely taller, and had clearly reached adulthood. There was something even more commanding about him now, reminding her that he was no longer the son of a Lord as she had first thought when she had seen him at the slave market. He was the Aegis of the Hallows, with wolves at his command.

“Stabbed, My Lord?” she asked, confused. She had been able to see for herself that the tiger hadn’t caused this. This was something that had happened earlier, but she had expected someone to have attacked him. His gentle, questing words had her flush lightly and dip her head. Caught between the desire not to lie to him, and unwilling to burden him with any of the hardships she had gone through. Whatever she had gone through was already far kinder then what would have happened if he hadn’t purchased her.

“The Armada has been through a lot” She deflected softly, not meeting his eyes.

"Speech"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

01-04-2022, 03:15 AM
It was impossible for Artorias to not smile when he saw how Lia's life had turned around all from something as simple as him being at the right place at the right time to purchase her and free her from the life she had once known. Lia had definitely been getting more skilled with her healing practices, as even with the old stitching Iolaire had set up to aid her, she was done in a matter of moments. With the wound sealed and bandaged once more, Artorias felt more confident in a full recovery soonish. He didn't dare test out his leg by putting any weight on it, however; he wasn't quite that dumb to think he'd be miraculously healed. But hey, at least he wasn't bleeding all over the floor anymore!

Once Lia had washed her paws, Artorias took the bowl of water and proceeded to wash up his own leg of the dried blood clumping his fur together. He caught sight of the once-slave girl stealing quick glanced at him just as he had been doing to her to assess how well cared for she'd been. Was she startled by his sudden larger size? Was she intimidated by him now? He certainly hoped not, though given her past it would be understandable. Lia questioned him for clarity when he explained the origin of his wound. "Ah, yeah... The Hallows was attacked recently by a group of marauders. We repelled them easily, took one of their own captive in the skirmish. But the sneaky bastard managed to get a blade in my leg before he went down." Artorias lifted the foreleg she'd just been working on as if to emphasize his point with evidence. "Don't worry, nobody was seriously hurt and we've been re-securing our lands. The Hallows will be the safest place in Boreas or Auster by the time you and Briar move in, I promise."

Again, despite her best attempts to hide it, Artorias noticed the flush and embarrassed dip of Lia's head. Something was irking her, but he couldn't tell what it was. She finally revealed some info in a cryptic hint, mentioning how the Armada had been through a lot. He have a hum of acknowledgment while he considered her words. That did align with what he'd heard from Sirius, how the Armada had suffered great sickness and some casualties during the Long Night. The young Aegis was just thankful that Briar and Lia hadn't been counted among those that had been lost. "I understand. The past few seasons have been... strange and difficult for us all. I'm just glad you and Briar are whole and unharmed." Rising to his paws, Artorias stepped over to the bag of wines he'd brought for the birthday party and lifted one out, holding it out to Lia in a silent ask if she'd partake with him. He didn't know if Lia drank or not, but hey, if they were going to be sitting around talking and catching up, they may as well have a good drink to share stories over.

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Lia

Loner

Advanced Fighter (105)

Advanced Healer (90)

gems
size
Large
build
Light

The Ooze Participant
01-04-2022, 03:23 AM

She looked up at him in concern as he spoke of marauders invading the Hallows - the place she had set up in her mind as the perfect sanctuary. Of course Ast and his wolves had won, but she imagined Art himself must have been on the front lines. No wonder he had a wound to his leg, but his skill in battle had limited it to only this, and nothing more serious.

He spoke of ensuring the Hallows was safe - and so was the Armada. It was anywhere outside that opened up the doors for trouble. She thought once again of the heat of that man as he had violated the safety Art had started to build in her heart, or the desire he and the Warlord had to teach her to fight - which had made little progress so far.

“As I am glad that you are… mostly unharmed” she gave him another small, shy smile, looking up at the giant of a wolf with a measure of appreciation. She was thankful for everything he had done for her, truly. She also knew that some ghosts would be with her for a time yet.

“Oh… are you sure?” she asked timidly as he offered her the wine. She had never drank before, and found that she was curious. If also a little like she was stepping out of the bounds of what she was allowed. But it was Art… he was the one who was supposed to decide what she was and was not allowed, right?

"Speech"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

01-05-2022, 01:17 AM
The concern that showed in Lia's eyes as soon as he'd mentioned the Hallows being attacked was precisely why he'd immediately followed it up with his explanation of how they'd defended their home and were making sure it was safer than ever. Artorias knew Lia worried, and he didn't want to burden her mind with fears over the home she was moving into. By the time he was done, no invaders would ever catch them off guard again. Lia's comment about him being mostly unharmed drew a deep chuckle from the Aegis. "Yeah, me too," he remarked in agreement. Knowing that his opponent had had a hidden dagger and only went for his leg instead of his heart was a show of just how fortunate Artorias had been.

When he pulled out the bottle of sweet red wine and offered a drink to her, Lia seemed almost taken aback by the offer. Artorias smirked and laughed when she asked if he was sure. "Well, yeah, why not? Besides, I definitely need a drink, and if I'm drinking alone, I'm gonna seem awfully sad and pitiful." Popping the cork out of the neck of the bottle with his teeth, Art swirled the bottle to let the wine breathe for a moment before bringing the bottle to his lips and taking a long drink of the bittersweet alcohol. Ever since his first drink with Sirius almost a year ago in this very room, Artorias had found a profound appreciation for alcohol and the way it made all the pains of life seem to disappear, if only for a short time.

Once he'd swallowed a mouthful, Art once more offered the bottle to Lia. "Give it a taste. If you don't like it, you don't have to keep drinking it. But you're gonna have a lot of access to it once you move into the Hallows," he said with a snicker. The hesitation in Lia came not from her own reluctance to partake, he realized, but that she was still holding herself back, trapped in her own mind as a slave. That's okay, once he got her into the Hallows, they could work on liberating her day by day. Lia would never be a slave again, in name or in practice. She would be a handmaiden to the Queen of the Hallows, a confidant to her, with a modicum of autonomy in her life. Artorias realized Lia would likely always need someone to be in charge of her to find peace and harmony in her life, but it didn't mean she had to keep thinking she couldn't make her own decisions too, like if she wanted to have a drink of wine.

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Lia

Loner

Advanced Fighter (105)

Advanced Healer (90)

gems
size
Large
build
Light

The Ooze Participant
01-09-2022, 09:30 PM

She offered him another shy smile, busying herself to ensure the medical supplies she brought were securely packed away. As she did so, and Art mentioned her move to the Hallows, she realised that time was coming up fast now. She would see the place she could only assume would be her home for the rest of her life. What would that kind of stability look like? What would the castle look like?

She blinked, realising that Art was handing her the bottle. She accepted it, and took a timid sip, coughing a moment later at the sharp taste of it. She held the bottle away from her lips as she cleared her burning throat, a blush creeping across her cheeks. She steeled herself, and took another sip. Prepared now for the flavour, and it went down a little smoother. “It’s… interesting” she mused politely, handing it back so her Aegis could take another sip.

"Speech"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

01-12-2022, 01:30 AM
Artorias watched Lia with a gentle, encouraging smile on his face while she bashfully took the bottle of wine from him after cleaning up her medical supplies. She took a sip, and the face she made nearly had Art bursting out in laughter. He held it in, biting his lip to let only a couple stifled snickers out instead. Lia began coughing from the alcohol, clearly her first dance with the potent liquid, and Artorias went to take the bottle from her to give her a helping paw, but she surprised him when she took a second sip more successfully. The young alpha raised a brow, impressed by her resolution. He snickered again and replied, "It's an acquired taste, I'm told. I nearly choked the first time I drank too. Fortunately, Seer made sure I didn't, and we ended up in a tickle fight." Gods, that wasn't even a year ago, was it? And yet it felt like so long ago...

Artorias gratefully took the bottle back from Lia and swallowed a long swig, hoping the alcohol would help take the edge off of the throbbing pain in his leg soon. "Thank you again for fixing up my leg. I appreciate it." Another swallow of wine, then he offered the bottle back to her. "You don't have to drink anymore if you don't like it," he offered her as an avenue out, but it would have been rude not to offer her some more. Whether she took the bottle from him or not, Artorias asked, "I know something is bothering you, Lia. I can see it on your face. What's wrong?"

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Lia

Loner

Advanced Fighter (105)

Advanced Healer (90)

gems
size
Large
build
Light

The Ooze Participant
01-12-2022, 01:43 AM

She glanced over at Artorias, and tried to picture the stern Warlord tickling the Aegis leader. But then, he hadn’t always been the Hallowed leader. He had been a child once, hadn’t he? She got the impression the Warlord had had a lot to do with his childhood. After all, the two had been together when she had been purchased.

“It’s my pleasure, I hope the stitches aren’t too tight” she offered him another small smile. “I haven’t practised with stitches much” she admitted. They didn’t usually like to cut her, but preserve her beauty. There were other ways to hurt her… she realised her mind was drifting and steadied herself, taking the offered bottle. “It’s okay, I'm interested. It was always pretty popular” she explained, taking another sip, a deeper one this time. It was able to go down okay, now that she was prepared. It hit her hard, she was a complete light weight. She shook her head at Artorias as he asked her what was wrong. “You said I wouldn’t have to perform anymore, if I didn’t want to” she said. Had that sounded accusatory? There was no way she would say that accusatory. She knew he hadn’t been here. His promise had been an honest one. He just hadn’t been here to fifull it.

"Speech"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

01-12-2022, 02:03 AM
A smile crept over the young Aegis' face while he lifted and flexed his leg, able to move it without her sutures tugging or pulling. The wound remained sealed and healing. "Nope. They're perfect," he replied. Lia once again took the bottle of wine from him and said she was interested since it was always so popular. He tilted his head and looked at her curiously. Popular where? Was she referring to the times she belonged to other masters, or with the slavers? There was still so much about her past that Artorias didn't fully know and didn't know if he'd ever find out. A part of him wanted her to forget those times ever existed while another part of him wanted to know her inside and out so he knew how to protect her best.

Lia took a much deeper draught from the bottle this time, then shook her head when he asked her what was wrong. She murmured a response about not having to perform anymore if she didn't want to. Brow furrowed in confusion while he tried to piece together what she was saying. Perform? What was she...? Amber eyes lit up with dark realization. Lia had only ever been expected to perform one thing by her previous masters. Her words, now understood, struck his heart like a dagger made of ice. Someone had used Lia in ways he'd sworn she'd never have to endure again. Those wide fire-kissed eyes narrowed to deadly points as a fury the likes of which he hadn't felt in over half his lifetime began to flare in his soul. "Did somebody hurt you, Lia? Did they..." Fuck, how did he phrase this? "...Did they force you to...?" Whoever it was that had hurt his Lia was a dead son of a bitch. Artorias didn't care who it was; they would give their last breath with his sword through their chest.

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Lia

Loner

Advanced Fighter (105)

Advanced Healer (90)

gems
size
Large
build
Light

The Ooze Participant
01-12-2022, 02:11 AM

She paused, confusion in her eyes. The world was already starting to swim around her. She felt a little funny, light headed. She took another drink to steady herself. He didn’t know? Or perhaps he didn’t understand to what she referred. His words were a little ambiguous but surely he had to know what incident she meant. “With that man, outside the Armada borders…” she slowly began to explain. Watching his expression, and finding no remembrance dawning there. Perhaps he truly had not known? That surprised her, though she knew she hadn’t mentioned it herself. Had no desire to.

Perhaps Briar had not wished it to be known, though her Mistress had been brave. Heroic, in saving her. If Briar had not wished him to know, to worry or feel his promises had been broken, then she had erred in telling him. Well, it was too late now. She sighed, putting down the drink. Leaning forward made the world move even faster around her and she started to lose her balance, half tipping onto Artorias. “I left Armada to find flowers to decorate the den, there was this man. He mounted me. I… you wanted me to learn to fight back. My fault” she whispered, remembering the pain of how she had betrayed him.

"Speech"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

01-12-2022, 02:34 AM
No, he didn't know what on earth or Somnium she was talking about. Lia spoke in almost cryptic half-riddles with him, hinting to things that she felt he should have known. She mentioned a man outside of the Armada borders and Artorias cocked his head once more. This was all news to him. What man outside the borders? What happened behind his back?! Fortunately, he wouldn't have to wait long to have his unspoken question answered. Unfortunately, he would not like the answer he was given. Lia sighed and set the bottle aside—then very nearly toppled over into him in the process. Artorias was quick to lean forward and catch Lia with his body, shifting closer so he could help support her. He moved the open bottle out of the way and focused entirely on the inebriated girl, brow furrowed while he waited for the rest of the story.

Lia explained how she had gone out of Armada territory to look for flowers. She met a man and he'd mounted her against her will. But Lia... she blamed herself? A whirlwind of emotions was kicking up inside Artorias, the strongest being an unholy fire of rage. Someone had violated her in ways he'd promised she'd never endure again. Someone had made him out to be a liar and broken his promise. But worst of all, someone had hurt one of his wolves. His wolves! Lia was his, under his protection from now until the end of days. Whoever this stupid bastard was, he was a dead wolf walking. Artorias shifted closer until his side was pressing entirely into Lia's, holding her upright while he wrapped her in a protective embrace, shielding her away from the world. He pulled her into his chest, allowing the autumnal woman to fall against him if she wished and hide herself away. Azure lips curled away from sharp fangs on reflex while his brain began to run through the scenario against his will. He saw Lia, saw her being attacked, calling for help, and he was nowhere. The failure hit him in the gut, and even knowing there was no way he could have possibly helped her didn't ease the feeling.

"Shhh, don't you say that ever again," Artorias said with hard, rumbling tones. "This was not your fault. That is never your fault, Lia. No wolf has any right to hurt you, ever. When I find that fucker..." It took all of his self-control to keep from growling so as not to startle Lia, but by the gods, did he want to go hunt that wolf down and scatter pieces of him across Boreas. But right now, he had a much more important duty to Lia. He needed to reassure her that this wasn't her doing, it wasn't her fault, and that he'd meant his promise to her. "I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you, Lia. I'm so, so sorry. I thought you would be safe here... I was wrong, and I let you down." Artorias swallowed hard. Once he got her down to the Hallows, no wolf would ever touch her in such a way ever again.

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Lia

Loner

Advanced Fighter (105)

Advanced Healer (90)

gems
size
Large
build
Light

The Ooze Participant
01-12-2022, 02:42 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2022, 02:42 AM by Lia. Edited 1 time in total.)

“Oh” she said as he caught her, little quick breaths in her throat from the way the world had spun. This was a strange feeling, she wasn’t sure if she liked this at all. Then he pulled her against him, and she decided maybe there were some things about this she liked. She didn’t protest, instead letting herself fall into his soft coat, and the familiar scent of him. There were two things in this world she loved. Briar and Artorias. Anything else could be temporary, fleeting, and she wouldn’t care.

She felt the deep rumbles of his voice in his chest. No matter how she had been used, there was nothing frightful about being in this growling wolf’s arms. She leaned her head against him, closing her eyes. “I know, you’ve been good to me. You and Briar both. I don’t know how to fight back. It’s easier… easier to let things happen then to fight. They made sure I learnt that lesson, and I don’t know to unlearn it” she sniffled softly into his coat, her emotions all over the place. This wasn’t what the raiders were like when they were drunk… what had he given her?

"Speech"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

01-12-2022, 03:02 AM
It felt like the simplest task in the world, holding little Lia while she collapsed against him and just let the emotions come pouring out, and yet it also felt like one of the hardest. Comforting her while knowing he'd failed her, thinking that she probably blamed him for not keeping his word to her, and she would be justified in that belief. He had failed her in some regards. He'd trusted the Armada would keep her safe. He'd thought no one would be stupid enough to attack a wolf bearing the pack's scent. He'd been wrong—grievously wrong, and Lia had paid the price for his mistake. While she leaned into his chest and buried her face in his thick fur, Artorias brought a dire-sized blue paw up to gently caress and cradle the back of her head, beginning a subtle rocking motion with her, letting her get all of those pent up emotions out in sniffles and sobs.

"Shhh, shhh, don't you worry about any of that. Listen to me. None of it is your fault that happened to you. Not one moment is yours for blame. You are the victim here, Lia. You've been hurt deeply, and you need to heal." Artorias craned his neck down to brush his muzzle across the top of Lia's head in a tender nuzzle. Though he was only starting to feel a tingle from the wine, Lia was clearly feeling the full effects of it by now, and it was making her an emotional drunk. That was fine; she seemed like she needed this badly. "You don't have to be anything you're not anymore, Lia. If you're not a fighter, then you're not a fighter. Lots of wolves aren't. That doesn't make you any lesser than anyone else or make you someone else's property. I can fight for you from now on. Briar and I both can until you're healed enough to decide who you want to be." Freedom of will was a heavy concept to give to the girl who had only known chains and orders all her life, let alone one who was also very intoxicated right now. But Lia didn't need to be a fighter if that wasn't who she was. She could be so many other things—but none of them would be a victim anymore. Not so long as Artorias drew breath.

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Lia

Loner

Advanced Fighter (105)

Advanced Healer (90)

gems
size
Large
build
Light

The Ooze Participant
01-13-2022, 02:09 PM

To her surprise, Artorias didn’t seem to hold any regret in her inability to defend herself. Comforting her as he held her, and gently nuzzling gently. It felt far too good to curl up in the safety of his coat, feel the heat and protectiveness burning off him. She felt like she truly was safe here. Safe, like she was sleeping beside Briar in their den. How did those two wolves sooth so much in her?

She sniffled again, and the tears dried up, and Artorias’s words continued on. His soothing baritones promising her so much. Comfort and safety, security. Time. She yearned for it all, knowing that everything would be different once she finally arrived at the Hallows. “I don’t want you and Briar to ever get tired of me” she whispered, sleepy and drunk in his arms. “Or send me away. I’ve never loved anyone like I love you two before” she whispered, closing her eyes, her head half buried in his chest.

"Speech"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

01-13-2022, 03:08 PM
It broke Artorias' heart to see all the internalized guilt Lia piled onto herself undeservedly. Even in the clear case where she had been a victim, she somehow found a way to blame herself, finding shortcomings in herself that he didn't see. A cruel life and an unforgiving world had broken her down until she was barely a wolf, nothing more than a belonging, a possession to be owned and displayed and used. Artorias vividly remembered the day he'd seen her in that slavers' market, demure and obedient to a fault as if her life depended on it. That was because it had. Artorias couldn't begin to comprehend the cruelty she'd endured at the hands of the wolves that came before him; it just didn't make sense in his head why anyone would mistreat anyone like that. Yet as he held the shaking, sobbing form of Lia while she vented out her pain and remorse, the young alpha was forced to face the reality of a world so cold.

Lia sniffled and buried her face in his chest fur, muttering barely above a whisper that she didn't want him nor Briar to get tired of her and that she loved them. Artorias breathed a slow sigh, massive azure paw gingerly combing his claws through her scruff and stroking the back of her head. "We would never do that, Lia. You don't ever have to fear that," he reasserted with adamant yet gentle resolution in his voice. "You're ours, and you will always be ours. Nothing is taking you away from us." He could feel the lithe fae growing heavier in his arms as she fell into a state of total relaxation, the alcohol and emotional catharsis seeming to drain her of her energy. A gentle smile touched Artorias' lips while he shifted to lie down on the furs beneath them, still clutching Lia as he moved to bring her gently down with him so he wound up on his back and supporting her above him like she were using him as a pillow.

The poor girl had been through so much and looked exhausted in every way a wolf could be worn down. He waited to see if she'd say anything else or just drift into sleep. If she did, he wouldn't disturb her or move her. This feeling of safety to prove that she mattered was what she needed.

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Lia

Loner

Advanced Fighter (105)

Advanced Healer (90)

gems
size
Large
build
Light

The Ooze Participant
01-13-2022, 03:31 PM

The world spun as Artorias shifted, pulling her down on top of him so they lay on the barracks floor. The open bottle of alcohol was forgotten somewhere nearby. She closed her eyes and tried not to puke, and was somehow successful. When the dizziness passed she let out a soft, content sigh. His promises like a blanket settling over her. Comfortable and warm, and knew she could trust him. She would always belong to Artorias Carpathius.

She could feel sleep like a shroud coming over her. Her experience with alcohol thus far was far removed from what she had witnessed with the Raiders. “I’d still service you any time, My Lord” she whispered softly, and fell asleep. Lightly snoring in his arms.

"Speech"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

01-13-2022, 10:57 PM
Having not drunk nearly as much wine as she had, and having built up a tolerance to the alcohol, Artorias wasn't feeling much more besides a pleasant buzz that helped alleviate the aching in his injured foreleg. Lia, however, was very much a lightweight and flopped easily over him with little more than gentle physical maneuvering. As she settled across him with a blissful sigh, Artorias watched her with gentle eyes and a caring smile, his paws still absentmindedly rubbing over her back. She'd needed this, this emotional catharsis. Lia's ember-like eyes didn't open again for the remainder of the time she was conscious, and he watched as the dainty fae gradually drifted off to sleep. Her final whispered statement caused Artorias' ears to prick up, alert and surprised, with a flush of heat moving across his face while he tried not to let his mind wander and entertain fantasies around her words, lest he find himself in a rather uncomfortable and stiff position.

It wasn't long after that before Artorias felt Lia's heavy body go totally limp in his arms, her chest rising and falling steadily with each relaxed breath. Quiet snores soon fell from the servant girl's lips and Artorias had to bite his lip to stifle a snicker. He didn't want to rouse her; best to just let her sleep off the wine. "Sweet dreams, Lia," he whispered to his slumbering wolf before reclining his head back to the furs and gazing at the ceiling, letting his mind wander while Lia snuggled and slept across him. Although not drunk, at some point the dire wolf let his eyelids drift closed as well and eventually he had fallen into a light nap as well.

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family