An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
Pride - Pansexual1KDouble Master
01-08-2022, 09:52 AM

Áskell lay beneath the red bud trees that had shed their spring blossoms for verdant green foliage. He continued to struggle. Motivation seemed aloof and all his goals had evaporated when grief forced its way into his life. He was torn. He knew as a warrior of Habari there were certain expectations for him, patrols he needed to go on, but what was once an exciting part of his routine was now almost torturous. Every turn, every path brought memories of his father and brother and a surge of pain with those memories. Try as he might Áskell just couldn't seem to get past it. He was starting to wonder if should just leave. Start over somewhere. Not as a Klein. Not as anything. Just a lost young man.

A gentle rumble of thunder rolled through the sky and he got to his paws, wincing as he did so. His paws had been sore lately even though he hadn't been walking about all that much. He could only assume it was a remnant of pain from his winter illness. The sky was darkening and a flash of lightning lit up the nook. Ahead he spied a strange looking deer, with numerous antlers, almost more than he could count. A moment later it was gone. What the hell… no, was he losing his mind again? Áskell bounded forward, trying desperately to find the deer but as he arrived at the border he found nothing and then the rain began to fall.

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
01-09-2022, 10:33 AM
Hattori paused as he took a moment to examine the blood smear on the ground, despite the heavy rain. Any wolf with a functioning set of senses would note how things had changed after the Long Night, how predators and the remains they left behind were almost everywhere he looked. He wouldn't usually consider it to be a problem, but something was getting confident and clearly well-fed. But what sort of creature was doing this? The downpour had done well to wash away the scents, enough that even when Hattori came across the stringy remains of limbs and hooves he couldn't quite pinpoint what had died. Or how.

In his investigation he hadn't realised he had wandered quite so close to Habari, something he did not intend to make into a habit. He could make out the trees of the Nook, but knew well enough to he hadn't committed a crime just yet. That his paws were firmly where they ought to be.

Squinting through the rain, the pale light of his eyes was quick to make out a blur of movement. A wolf approaching, their movements quick and jerky as though in some sort of panic. Not wanting to deal with a diplomatic dispute once again, Hattori huffed slightly, his tail already twitching in disapproval.

"What?" He asked, not attempting to hide his accent or general vibe of this is inconvenient.
[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Master Intellectual (240)

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
01-14-2022, 02:52 PM

Áskell caught the sound of someone speaking and he turned to see a horned man with a mottle black and orange coat. He knew enough to know this was one of the alpha's of Ashen. Áskell looked off to the north then back at the man before sighing. "I thought I saw a massive deer, it was growing crystals and I thought…" He shrugged. What did it matter now? The ooze had already claimed his brother, so what if it came back. "Is there something I can help you with?" He figured if the man was here it was likely because he wished to speak with Recluse. Far be it from Áskell to get in between a diplomatic mission. His ears flicked back at the sound of splashing and he turned to see his macaque, Ari, arrive. The old macaque had been his father's companion before he died in battle. The macaque gazed at Hattori for a moment before bowing respectfully.

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
01-15-2022, 10:27 AM
Hattori turned to look in the direction the Habari wolf was looking. A deer coated in crystals? That sounded like something straight out of the long night. And yet when Hattori checked to see he saw nothing, and the rest of his senses were swift to back up his initial assessment. There was nothing there, just the lingering figments of his imagination. To his credit, the stranger was quick to push it aside as best as he could and asked what Hattori needed. A lot of things, but little a single wolf like him could provide.

In blunt fashion he'd been about to say as much, only to notice the macaque stoop deep in a respectful bow, the exact gesture that spoke volumes as to where he came from. Perhaps not Iga itself, but most certainly Nihon as a whole. Blinking slowly, Hattori offered the monkey a shallow nod in return. About what was to be expected from a man of Hattori's rank and stature.

"Your companion. Where did you get it?" He asked, the Habari wolf.

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

01-16-2022, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2022, 11:21 AM by Áskell. Edited 1 time in total.)

Áskell watched the exchange between Ari and the horned man with some curiosity. In truth he didn't know too much of Ari's history but he was sure the macaque would fill in. "My father. He came to serve me after my father's passing." Áskell turned to to the macaque and nodded to give the floor over to him.

"My lord, I am from a land called Nihon. If I am not mistaken, and forgive me if I am, you are also from Nihon, yes? What brings you to these foreign shores?"

Áskell cocked his head to the side, looking between Ari and the horned man, wondering what connection they might have. He had never heard of either of these places.

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

01-16-2022, 11:57 AM
Hattori's ears tipped forward as he savoured the sound of his native tongue once more. He was fine with speaking in the common language, but it felt far more natural to revert to what his mouth and brain were used to. As though he was finally returning to his roots in both action and speech.

"I am yes. Hattori Hanzō, heir of Iga." As to why he was here, it was a long story, one he didn't care to delve into right now. "Circumstance." And then he switched back to the common tongue, even if only to include the wolf who clearly couldn't understand what they were saying. "So your Father was from Nihon?" It was a natural assumption to make, how else would he have acquired the macaque?

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

01-16-2022, 01:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2022, 01:28 PM by Áskell. Edited 1 time in total.)

Áskell held his tongue though he was curious as to what his companion was saying. The language wasn't entirely foreign. He'd hear the macaque mutter in a strange tongue from time to time, usually out of frustration with something his wolven charge was doing.

Ari listened intently and as Hanzō introduced himself the macaque bowed again. He had been born on the outskirts of Iga and his sister, Naishi, had served the Ono family which was part of the overall Iga clan. His heart raced at the revelation but the macaque knew better than to press.

Áskell looked back to the horned man a he addressed the young wolf directly.   He shook his head. "I… no. That name does not sound familiar to me. My father is… was… Harbringr Klein." He looked questioningly at Ari and the macaque sighed heavily. He had hoped Harbringr would be around to tell his sons the truth of their mother one day but it would seem that burden would fall on his shoulders. Ari rested a hand upon Áskell's shoulder.

"But your mother is. My Lord, this is the son of Ono Izumi. I believe you will have heard of her family," he stated giving the family name first. "It is a long, story. Shall we say… circumstance-" Before Ari could say more Áskell shook his head. "No, no. My father told me my mother was Mariah Windchaser, a nomad. A nomad who wanted nothing to do with me or my brother." Áskell scowled, trying to figure out what the macaque's angle was. He trusted Ari immensely. The macaque had been a loyal and faithful servant, but surely Harbringr wouldn't have lied to him?

Ari patted the boy's shoulder. "I will explain more later. Please, I assure your father only had the best of intentions for you and your mother. Just know that she would have kept you if she could have. She would have loved to share her culture with you. This is Hattori Hanzō, heir to your mother's clan. Please, show him the respect he deserves and I will explain all I can."

Áskell bit his lip, head spinning with all that Ari was telling him. Questions piled up one after another. If his mother wanted him why wasn't she here now? Was she still alive? What was Nihon and what was the culture? He knew Ari was a skilled blacksmith from a land far from here. Áskell swallowed sharply and bowed respectfully to Hattori. "Are there other wolves from your clan here? I… I would like to know about my mother's clan." He truly would. He'd lost his father. He'd lost his brother. He felt distant from his Klein family. Knowing the truth of his mother's lineage offered a tantalizing hope for new connection. For a casting off of his sorrowful past for a new future.

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

01-17-2022, 01:20 PM
His father was Klein? Hattori regarded Áskell for a moment, they had only just met and thus it was far too soon to make too many assumptions, but he didn't feel like one. Though then again, Hattori did not have the warmest of feelings nor intentions towards that family, for reasons not worth delving into as of that moment. Instead, he focused on the brief exchange between the wolf and his monkey. It was obvious the macaque had been holding this back for quite some time, that it wasn't its story or secrets to share but felt as though it was about time the truth came out.

Being an unwitting observer, Hattori made a point of looking elsewhere as the two spoke. His gaze roved to the sky above, to the flock of birds too far away for him to distinguish properly. Ducks perhaps? It was only when he felt the weight of Áskell's gaze did he look back down, brows furrowing a little as the Habari wolf mimicked his companion and dropped into a bow. By Iga standards his form was terrible, but the intent was there and clear enough that Hattori felt little desire to make a scene. Instead, he contemplated his question, before offering him a nod.

"There are. I intend to establish a band to gather our people, if you wish to join. Would you need to speak to Recluse?"

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

01-17-2022, 09:01 PM

Áskell would need to have words with Ari when he had a moment alone. He was eager for more details of his mother and as to why his father had not told him the truth outright. He was a volatile mix of emotions. Excitement and anger, sorrow and hope. His ears perked up as the horned man explained that there were more wolves from the man's clan here and that he intended to gather them together into a band. Áskell's heart raced. This was an opportunity he couldn't let slip. If anything it seemed like fate had brought him here. Fate in the form of that strange deer. Áskell nodded. "I wish to join. However, I will need to speak to Recluse. That said I do not intend to be made a prisoner of anywhere."

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

01-18-2022, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2022, 09:11 AM by Hanzō. Edited 1 time in total.)
Hattori did not know Recluse well enough to predict how she would react. Many Kleins he'd once known clung onto the past so tightly it choked them, would she try to hold Áskell as well? He supposed they would both find out sooner rather than later. Hattori blinked slowly at the Habari wolf's words, obviously not quite sure or pleased by what he was implying. Why would he do that? Hattori never approved of the notion of slaves, thought they were a waste of pack resources when a more talented and willing wolf could take their place. But as Klein he supposed it could be a concern, one Hattori was swift to address.

"That is not what I am asking. You may follow me for as long as you like, I have never forced anyone to stay."  Laith not withstanding.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
01-18-2022, 08:31 PM
Deer Dad's Blessing- Áskell
Be Blessed, and go in Peace

As you talk to the spotted man before you, his horns seem to grow and branch. His legs lengthen and snout rounds as his tail shortens. You realize he is getting taller, and you alongside him, you head now heavy with the presence of new antlers. You look eye to eye with the splotchy deer and he snorts at you in return. You get the feeling he needs to tell you something as he cranes his neck closer to you. You flick a long ear to listen, but his neck keeps stretching until it passes your line of sight. You feel his breath on your shoulder, then your rump, around to the other side and up to the shoulder and past the other side of your face. You realize startlingly, that his body remains in the same place, although his long whiskers now enter your vision and a pale, white eye meets your gaze.

He snorts, eyes cast to the sky and you find yourself scared to move as his body begins to follow the path his head had taken. He begins to ascend, his legs growing now shorter, his fur falling into brilliant scales. He slithers and flies into the sky, and you are left a single deer in the woods.

When you blink, you find yourself holding the haunting gaze of the wolf before you and you are back in your own body.

You gain:
  • Post-Acceptance Minor Deer Mutation- Any deer-themed minor mutation will do! Post in maintenance for it! Takes 1 OOC season to take effect. Subject to staff approval.