size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

Pride - PansexualTeacherSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble MasterWordy
01-19-2022, 01:02 AM
Halo had been here for how long... nearly a whole season? Was that right? The passage of time was strange to her, and she... she was strange to it. The grey had been strange, coming and going as it did. Still, it had spent longer gone than Halo was accustomed to. Was she getting better? Was that possible? Still, there was the way it had kicked back up and reared its ugly head not so many days ago. Better... better was a stretch. Certainly not worse, though.

There were things she needed to ask Sirius permission for, things that were on her list. She'd promised Sparrow, from Abaven, that he could come see her garden if the Warlord said it was okay. Halo wanted to show him how the natural irrigation worked, and how she'd planned the plot to work with the different light it got during the day. There was the question of Inoki, too-- could she spend time with them this winter? She was still workshopping how she would pitch that one to Sirius, promising him that she'd be no trouble at all, and Halo would take care of everything. Halo was worried about the fate of her friend in the winter, no matter how mild the winters in Boreas may be.

Still, one question repeated over and over and over in her mind. It was one that she was almost scared to ask. Heck, Halo was scared of the answer. Was she... was she doing enough? Was she putting enough time in, enough effort in? Was there more she could or should be doing? Was Halo living up to the Warlord's expectations? Maybe she'd disappointed him after all. Maybe she wasn't doing enough. Self doubt seemed to be a good friend of hers, lately.

Carefully, Halo pulled a large glass jar that she'd left to sit, brewing in the sun. It was filled with dandelion and mint tea. After Sedna had shown her how to make it and the different herbs that could be included, Halo had been perfecting her recipe. This seemed to be a particularly good mix, and she was fond of it. With the help of her raccoon friend, she tightened the lid on the mason jar, stashing it a loosely woven basket. Along with it, she stashed some pretty red flowers that she'd grown in her garden. While technically for dye making, they were pretty on their own. She hoped Zee would like them. After all, it would be rude to go calling on the Warlord emptyhanded.

Gently but firmly, Halo reminded her raccoon friend to keep an eye on the fire, pointing to the safety bucket and reminding him to dump it into the pit should anything happen. From there, the walk to the Warlord's den wasn't long, and was a rather pleasant one. It was mid morning, and she could hope that he was in. If not, she'd drop the basket by and be spared the uncomfortable conversation for another day... actually, that wouldn't be such a bad thing either. Halo took a deep breath, trying to chase the anxiety from her system as she neared. At a reasonable distance from the foot of his den, she stopped. "Sirius, are you home?" It was a gentle call, no urgency, just typical, soft Halo.

"Halo"
[Image: m4UQRpx.png]
[Image: nvtQgrf.gif]

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
01-19-2022, 01:27 AM
Marshal's patrols over the Armada Plains told the bird of Halos direction, and swooped towards the Warlord. Sirius angled in from his own patrols, pulling away from the Northern border of the plains and trotting towards his den. Surprised that Marshal had been keeping tabs on the white wolf enough to call the Fatalis wolf over. He arrived a few moments after his healer student, enough to hear the end of her call.

“Over here, Halo” he said, trotting up to his den door. He glanced at the things she carried, and back to her indigo eyes. “Would you like to come in?” he offered, wiping his own paws off at the entrance and pushing open the door. A gentle sniff told him his Lady was out.

"Sirius Fatalis"

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

01-19-2022, 01:38 AM
Truth be told, the stately bird hadn't even really crossed Halo's radar. She was so wrapped up in her own worries, in her anxiety. It was hard for her not to be nervous, especially with the pressure in her system. She was still doing her best to take steadying breaths as the Warlord appeared, trying to quiet the racing thoughts in her head. Halo offered a soft smile to the man as he appeared, tone sheepish. "I'm sorry if this is a bad time," she apologized.

"Really, it's not a big deal, it can wait if you're busy." The girl was careful, not wanting to take up too much of his time, and certainly not wanting to interrupt if he'd been up to something important. Sirius certainly didn't exist just to entertain silly questions, and hand out or deny permission for all the wild and probably not necessarily okay ideas that lived inside Halo's head. Nervously, she shifted her weight. "I um, I brought tea and flowers, for you and Zee. Sedna showed me how to make tea, and I just thought the flowers were pretty," she explained, offering the smile she could muster. It was small, but it was Halo.

"Halo"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
01-19-2022, 02:04 AM
He turned back to the sweet healer as she spoke. Her tone apologetic and sweet. “Not at all” He promised her, “Nows perfect” he added as she continued to stress. “Why don’t you come in and put the towers on the bench over there” he suggested, pointing to a sitting area and a bench beside it as he made his way further into the den. Expecting the younger wolf to follow him.

He shook out his coat and settled down, paws under him almost cat-like as he looked towards the lillic-eyed wolf. “What can I do for you, Halo? I’ve been hearing good things about you from Mortis and Basilisk” he added, wondering if she had come to speak perhaps of his grandchildren. The boisterous boy could be a little in the way sometimes, he knew. His words were entered to open the floor if she wished to speak of him.
"Sirius Fatalis"

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

01-20-2022, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2022, 07:35 PM by Halo. Edited 3 times in total.)
Halo was filled with nervous energy, something that was at least a bit sated by the Warlord's kind demeanor. He'd always been so gentle with her, and it didn't seem that it would let up now. Still, she was worried. Heck, the question that had taken her mind over nearly entirely was one that came from pure, unchained worry. "Thank you," the words were soft as he invited the girl into his home. It was stately, fit for a king... or a warlord. Softly, she set the flowers on the bench, and the tea beside it. Halo couldn't push the nerves from her mind.

He'd heard good things-- both Mortis and Basilisk. That set her at ease, at least a bit. "Basilisk offered to help me turn my garden in the fall, after planting season. He's very eager to help," Halo smiled. On the day of her arrival, she'd told Sirius that she enjoyed children. It hadn't been an understatement, and the light that Basilisk brought with him was absolutely wonderful. "I do um, I worry a bit about him and the other pups training too hard while they're still young," Halo was prone to rambling when nervous, and this was no different. "I know it's not my place, meddling in the training of the warriors, but especially with Basilisk's size it's important that the growth plates aren't disrupted." She paused, voice quiet. There was always a nervousness that came when she felt like she was speaking out of turn, and this was no different. "The um, the ends of long bones have soft bits when puppies are young and still growing, they're called growth plates. If they're damaged, they can cause one leg to be shorter than the others, and things like lifelong joint pain. In pups my size, they're usually firmed up around a year, but the larger the pup the longer it usually takes." Halo's explanation was, she hoped, good enough. The woman dipped her head respectfully, not wanting to offend or overstep, but still taking her position as a healer within the pack as a serious one.

"I'm sorry," she took a breath, steadying herself. "That um, that wasn't why I came to see you, I got distracted with the thought and I ... sorry." She was sheepish. Still, Halo's tangent from moments ago was enough to help calm her racing thoughts. Healing things were easy to think about, and easy to talk about. It was enough to steady her, and she was feeling a bit more ready to ask the question that had been weighing so heavily on her mind. "Sirius, is there more I should be doing?" Her gaze flickered back to his face for a moment, nervous. Halo was concerned about not living up to his expectations. She feared letting him down, and through letting him down, losing her home here. She feared that she wasn't pulling her weight within the Armada. She feared being useless to them, worst of all.

"Halo"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-20-2022, 08:18 PM
The Warlords eyebrow twitched a few times as the healer spoke about the training of the young pups, and the issue of their size. Basilisk especially. There was a hint of amusement on his lips, and his voice was dry when he spoke. "There childhood training is much lighter then my own was, but I'll keep it in mind" he promised, having churned out two litters of his own that had grown without issues. Nonetheless... "It is your due as a healer to voice these concerns, and I'll charge you with keeping an eye on their... growth plates. Measure them regularly, or whatever you need to do. If you hit any issues, report them immediately." He ordered of his healer, putting her in charge of the problem she had reported. Of course, the training of the pups wasn't likely to change any time soon... unless she found an issue.

"Hmm." He mused, not dismissing her next question with simple comforts either. He knew he had a habit of overlooking his healers, and it was an issue he was beginning to work on. The greatest issue was - the Warlord did not know what and how much work a healer needed to be doing in order to thrive, and benefit the pack the most. "I would like you to conduct a physical examination on all wolves in the pack. Start from the highest, and make your way down. I don't believe everyone has been checked since the Long Night. Er, you can skip me, however" he added as he grabbed a cup and the tea she had brought, serving them both a helping of it.

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

01-20-2022, 08:53 PM
As he spoke, he didn't seem offended, for which Halo was glad. There was always anxiety that came with a possible challenge to the old ways of doing things... the usual ways of doing things. His first task to her was one that Halo was happy to take on. The order as well, it was very much something she could do and was happy to do. Halo would get to see even more of the pups, and if anything looked like an issue, she'd go straight to the Warlord himself. "Absolutely, I will." Halo sat up a bit straighter. Sirius wasn't mad, and that was enough to make her anxiety fade.

As Sirius spoke about checking on all members of the pack, the pale girl gave an eager nod. A task had been set out, and it was important. She'd see them all, one by one, and check in. Top to bottom... other than the Warlord himself. "I can do that," with a specific goal in mind Halo could be more at ease. Though Halo had found things to keep herself busy, she also needed guidance as to the needs of the pack. This was the perfect way. "Thank you," she smiled as he poured tea for the both of them. "Forgive me, when was the last time you had a checkup yourself?" Though Halo may have been speaking out of turn in this regard as well, she still worried.

"Halo"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-20-2022, 09:58 PM
The Warlord nodded at her agreement to keep an eye on the kids. He considered the matter sorted, knowing if it became an issue she would raise it with him again. He figured he would enjoy a cup of tea with his healer, and then they would go about their tasks. The Warlord back to his patrols, and her to the new task he had set her. Instead of casual conversation however, she opened with a question regarding his own health. He sighed, taking a sip of the tea. The mint was strong, but not overly so. Adding a crisp taste to the tea. Strange, but not unappealing. He took another sip as he considered his answer.

The Warlord believed that healers had the right to overrule his decisions in regards to his own health - there had to be some precedence there in the chance that something happened to him like what had happened to Resin. If he ever fell to madness, and rational decision was lost, he had to know his healers would see it and overrule him. Allowing another to take over the position of Warlord. That didn’t mean he wished to submit to an examination, but… he sighed again. “If you believe I need one, as a healer I would expect you to overrule my objections. If you feel that is needed here, exercise that right.” He said, wondering what she would do. As much as he didn’t want to bother with an examination, he did want to see if she was brave enough to exercise that right. He needed to know if his potential future lead healer had the guts to do so.
"Sirius Fatalis"

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

01-20-2022, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2022, 10:17 PM by Halo. Edited 1 time in total.)
Halo took a sip of tea, smiling to herself. This batch had come out well, and it would be easy enough to recreate. The tenderhearted girl resolved to bring some to Sedna to try as well, especially because she'd be seeing the other healer soon. Though she didn't want to bother anyone, a task from the Warlord himself was a good reason for a visit.

Sirius sighed, and the words he spoke hung fairly heavily in the air between them. Halo nodded softly as he spoke... this was permission, as well as an expectation. The girl was soft, but she had permission to overrule the Warlord himself if necessary, when it came to matters of his health. She took another sip of tea, remaining in her seat as she spoke. "We can enjoy our tea and I'll ask you a few questions, and then save the physical examination for after we're done." Halo explained the plan with a soft wag of her tail.

"How are you sleeping?" She watched the Warlord carefully as she began down her list of questions. "Are you having any aches or pains, both on a baseline and after training?" It would be an overwhelming list, but she'd give him time to answer between each round. "How are your bowel movements? What are you typically eating?" There, a good list, a conversational tone. Halo had, in fact, casually asked the Warlord about his pooping habits, but hey-- necessary was necessary.

"Halo"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-20-2022, 11:03 PM
He challenged her, and she took the challenge, even if he would really rather not bother… He wondered what questions she would think to raise, and eyed her curiously over his tea. He took another stop, eyes glancing towards the flowers she had brought. He wondered what her assessment of Zee would be. Perhaps he would grill her after she had spoken to his Wife. Or perhaps not. He didn’t want Zee to lose confidence in the confidentiality of the healer, as much as he wanted to fix everything in his Wife's life.

“I don’t sleep” he said, voice light and casual, as though they could breeze straight though that point… “I ache occasionally when I rise, old bones and all that. I broke my leg a few years ago, and that sometimes aches in the cold.” he continued, all normal expected things of the ageing wolf.

“My bowel movements are… fine. I eat rabbit, deer. Whatever I’ve brought in recently.” he continued. Wondering what other questions she would conjure up.

"Sirius Fatalis"

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

01-21-2022, 12:17 AM
I don't sleep, the words came, and Halo fixed the Warlord with an incredulous gaze. "Wait, what do you mean you don't sleep?" She stopped him, fixing him with a careful gaze. Sleep was important, and Halo found her forehead creasing with worry. That would be something to get to the root of, certainly. Aches and pains were normal at his age, but there were still things that could be done to soothe it. "I'll bring by more tea tomorrow that, if you start your day with it every day, should help. It may not taste quite as nice as this one though," her tone was apologetic. The dandelion on its own would help with a number of things, but Halo was already thinking through what more could be done for the Warlord. "As we get into the colder months, it would be good for you to spend some time in the hot springs." She'd bookmark that thought for the autumn and winter.

Rabbit, deer... Halo nodded once more. "Fish would be a good thing to add into your diet too," it was a gentle suggestion. All things that could be good for his joints in the long run. "Sirius, how old are you now?" It was a soft question, Halo only just realizing that she didn't know. While she could tell that he was no spring chicken, it was important to get a read on how old he was exactly. "How are your teeth?" Another important question, even more so with age. "And do you have adequate contraception on hand?" Halo didn't mean to pry into the Warlord and the Queen's sex life, but still, better to have it on hand and not need it than need it and not have it.

She paused to listen to his words, taking another sip of tea. His company was pleasant-- add that to the list of things she was grateful for. "Do you have any questions for me?" There was a softness to her, though the timidness had slipped away.

"Halo"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-21-2022, 01:00 AM
Skipping over that worked about as well as could be expected. Another sigh from the ageing Alpha as he considered the small white wolf. Unscarred, unblemished by age. As she continued on with her other questions, he didn’t expand on the one requiring a longer explanation yet.

“I shall endeavour to remember the tea” He said, reluctant to add more onto his morning routine. Which largely revolved around slipping out quietly in the wee hours of the morning. Fish was easy enough to get a hold of here, so he inclined his head again in agreement. Wondering what exactly he had gotten himself into by suggestion Halo make these rounds.

“I am…” he paused, realising then that he had never had another wolf ask him his age before. He glanced past Halo, looking into the past as he looked back over the years. Some long, some short. “Entering my seventh summer” he concluded, believing he had run the math right. “I’ve had no issue with my teeth, and…” A flicker of pain passed fleetingly over the Warlord's face. “In no need of contraception.” he added more softly. “Let me know when you’ve run out of questions, and I’ll explain my sleeping habits to you.”

"Sirius Fatalis"

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

02-26-2022, 11:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2022, 01:00 AM by Halo. Edited 1 time in total.)
He agreed to the tea, which pleased Halo. She'd make a point to drop it by daily, in hopes that she could keep the Warlord feeling as okay as possible for as long as possible. Still, with the question of sleep also hanging in the balance, it seemed that there would need to be more than one mixture of herbs added to his diet. Coming up on his seventh summer... Halo hadn't realized Seer was quite that old. Concern and innocence in her gaze, she listened with rapt attention. Seven summers. She'd wait until he was done answering the onslaught of questions.

The pain that dashed through him doesn't go unnoticed either. In no need... there could be two reasons for that, and Halo had a feeling she knew which based on his reaction. Halo nods once, but she doesn't pry. Instead, she thinks on his age for a moment longer. "I want you to be careful when you train, Sirius." Though the healer's voice is small, the tone carries weight. "Listen to your body, yield to soreness. If pain or swelling persists more than a few hours, call for me. No matter what, even if it seems small, call for me." It's an unusual show of ferocity from Halo, though her words carry tenderness at the forefront. The healer would find her voice in time. She wasn't one to be trifled with.

"My last question isn't so much about you, but about your family. Are there any illnesses in your bloodline that you know of, things from the generations before you that have shown up in you, your children, or your grandchildren?" The Fatalis patriarch would hopefully have at least some of the answers, and Halo would have some idea of things to look out for in his offspring, in their offspring. What was it that her mother had said? Something about an ounce of prevention and a pound of cure. That sounded right. "And then you can tell me about your sleep," a light smile played on her features as her gaze returned to Sirius. It was hard to be light in moments like this, but she wanted him to be comfortable.

"Halo"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

02-27-2022, 12:59 AM
He frowned at this latest question, realising it was a difficult one to answer. “My parents died when I was very young, and I remember little of them. They were bred to be warriors however, so I imagine they wouldn’t have been chosen if there were any hereditary issues in their bloodline.” He waited a moment to ensure she had no further questions, and then settled down. “To give you an understanding of my inability to sleep, I'll have to delve deep into my past. Are you sure you want to go there?” He waited, and she nodded her acceptance.

"Very well then. Get comfortable, and I will tell you the story of the Warlord." He said softly, knowing he would have to go back aways to give her a fuller understanding. "This story began just over four years ago. When I was a slave in the original Ashen Empire. In the final days, when a mighty people fell." He explained, giving her some context to his story. He paused for a moment, letting the past wash over him. Closing his eyes as he breathed in the dusty scent of a dying land. Remembering. "Drought hit too many years in a row. There weren't enough crops to feed the herds, and then enough herds to feed the wolves. The Empire had once been a thriving montroplise. When people starve, they believe foolish things. They believe the gods are angry at their rulers, they believe their rules are incapable. They would do anything to feed themselves and their family. They would kill an entire line if they believed it meant they could live. Kings are as easily slain as woman, children. The royals fled. I was given as a friend to the King's Daughter, but I was also her guard." He paused here, his eyes unfocused. "Deathbelle." He said, saying the name of this childhood friend. Lingering on the word as he wondered, not for the first time, what his life would have been like. What he had done to that woman he had loved, and the regrets he would carry with him to the grave. He cleared his throat, blinking as he brought his eyes back to Halo.

"I watched her back as we fled for safety. A group of crazed scavengers found us. They laughed and spoke of the taste of our flesh, of her flesh. Hunger wasn't their only appetite. I killed them to the last man, but that last man scored a hit that left a wound that festered. Deathbelle thought me dead, and fled. My memories here are fevered and vague. I remember a wolf, but I do not know if that was the fever or reality. When I woke up, the heat in my body broke, there was no wolf in the cave with me. The journey to this new land was a long one, but I returned to her. The dreams started that night," it was a long story, and he paused to take a sip of his tea, gathering his thoughts. "So long as I slept alone, I posed no danger to the wolves around me. Zee didn't know this, and as our friendship first began she slipped into my den and slept beside me. Have you seen the fanged scar on her neck? My dreams we're almost the death of her." And that was how they originated, but not why the plagued him now. "My sister helped me through them, and they stopped for a time. A group of wolves... took Zee, and staged her death. For almost a year I believed her dead, and I was unhinged for it. The dreams have worsened since. And that, my dear halo, is why I fear to sleep.

"Sirius Fatalis"

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

02-27-2022, 02:13 AM
He wasn't wrong. Warrior stock was hardy, and if he came from warriors then it was more likely that he'd be physically stable well into old age. Still... how often did warriors make it to old age? Halo's thoughts moved swiftly. If his parents had passed away when he was young, there was no telling what would have developed as they aged. The tenderhearted girl nodded still, her attention on the warlord unshakable. Seven years in and his only physical ailments were the usual stiffness and soreness that came with age. Halo resolved to keep a closer eye on him, closer than the others. Sometimes it was hard to see the changes in someone you saw every day, but the healer was keen. In time she could only hope to hone her observations further.

Are you sure you want to go there? His question came. Halo nodded, her expression not wavering from the serious, analytical gaze. It was important that she understood him, at least as best she could. They were worlds apart. Hardship came to them in different forms, and it had shaped them differently. The tenderhearted girl longed to understand him... she had to try.

The story of the Warlord, the words were elegant, and Halo settled carefully as she listened to Sirius speak. Her chin rested neatly on her paws, a flicker of the ear she happened to have control over. Just over four years had passed since the outset of the tale, making him just older than she was now. The Warlord had spoken once in passing of his time as a slave. Now the details seem to come alive before Halo, in the space between them within his den. Though here physically, it's clear to the tenderhearted healer that Sirius was somewhere else. Somewhere far, far away. The look in his eyes, the way he lingers on the name... on her name. Deathbelle. She'd been important to him, and his tone is enough to send an ache dancing through her chest as well.

And then the tales of fever, the start of the dreams. The start of the night terrors, Halo realizes, as he continues. Infection had nearly taken him, but he'd fought it off... he'd fought it off at great cost. The cost is clear now, especially now. Zee had learned the dangers that the night terrors posed, though Halo hadn't yet been in close enough quarters with the queen to see the scars. Things had gotten better, and then they'd gotten worse. From the sounds of it, they'd gotten significantly worse. The stress of the queen's perceived death had been significant, and that was an understatement. Still, if it was stress that had made the night terrors worse... the pale healer was quiet for a moment more before speaking.

"Sirius, would you come down and sleep in my den for a couple nights?" Halo finally spoke, picking her head up from where it rested upon her paws. "There's um, there's plenty of space. I want to observe your sleep, and through observation I should be able to find ways to help mitigate the disturbances," the words came quickly. Halo's den had been set up so there was an abundance of storage space, and it was nowhere near full. There was plenty of floor space for a second nest to be laid, or however the Warlord would be the most comfortable. Still, if she could put him in a different environment and watch, then she could understand. If Halo could understand, then she could help. As always, in her heart of hearts, all she wants to do is help.

"Halo"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

02-27-2022, 02:26 AM
He blinked, her words jolting him back to the present. Some of the things in his past he was reluctant to leave behind. But otherwise he was glad to shutter back into silence as his gaze focused on the little white wolf before him. So small, fragile. She would break so easily beneath his jaws. “Halo.” He said softly. She was a healer, and experience had granted him a lot of respect for healers in his life. They had answers to all sorts of issues he could never have solved himself. But he was still a giant. A large, dangerous predator. If he killed the tiny wee girl under his protection, there would be no going back for him.

He shook his head. “It’s a bad idea. I’ll do it only if there's something sturdy between us, something that would slow me down.”

"Sirius Fatalis"

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

02-27-2022, 04:25 AM
It seemed that he slammed back down into his own skin, and Halo felt guilty for bringing about such a reaction. Still, it was important. Her gaze was incredibly soft on the Warlord's face, peering up at him. Gently, Halo reached out with intent to set a delicate, pale paw on his. For the first time, she closed the gap, she initiated contact. The gravity of the action was something that she couldn't put into words, and it carried weight coming from the timid creature. "Sirius," for the moment, Halo says only his name. It's a plea more than anything. A tender plea.

"I trust you." Though it was clear to her that, in this regard, he didn't trust himself. "And I trust myself," though the words are quiet, they are unyielding. "I'm going to help you." Within Halo, determination wasn't in short supply. It's a different shade than that of his warriors, yes, but there's no doubt that it lives within her. "We can sort out the details, but I'm going to help you. I promise." Maybe she couldn't fix the Warlord, but she could make things easier. She could make things better. Halo was bound and determined to try.
"Halo"