Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
01-26-2022, 06:57 PM
I'm Tired of Looking for Answers

Birna settled on the wall to watch the caribou moving through the territory. They seemed to be heading north and she scanned the herd searching for a younger animal that could be taken down. Even a young one would be tricky for her. Birna relied on stealth, ambush, and out-maneuvering her prey on treacherous terrain. Running down prey on open terrain was not going to be easy. Her keen eyes spied some young caribou bounding through the grass near the back of the herd. Only a season old or so. They would have to do. She needed food and in this strange land she'd have to take what she could get.

Speech

Grimshaw

The Hallows
Vanguard

Master Fighter (290)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipAll Oozed OutThe Ooze - Variation 2By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Critical Block!The Ooze Participant1K
02-05-2022, 03:52 PM
His travel north had been on a whim mostly but he hardly thought about the quick decision as he tracked a herd of caribou that was nearby. Alone he wouldn't be able to take out much except maybe a small baby or sickly elder, but if he got lucky maybe he wasn't the only one following this hoofed herd. He certainly hadn't expected to pick up on the scent of another cat, this one different than the cat he met around this area before. As he crept around the trees surrounding the wall in an attempt to stay out of sight of the herd, he spotted the smaller specimen the cat seemed to be eyeing, though it was still a bit difficult for either of them individually.

Although he didn't know this cat, his rumbling stomach wanted a meal and so he slowly approached but paused with enough distance to give him a chance at escape should he need it. "Care to team up?"

"Speech."
Grimshaw has a septum ring, a fluffy curled tail, and a horrible facial scar (hover)
that may not be reflected in his art!

please DM all tags to @betchasaurusrex

Birna

Loner

Master Hunter (249)

Master Fighter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
02-05-2022, 04:13 PM

Birna considered some sort of strategy. She was an ambush and sprinting type predator, not a creature built for prolonged endurance. She'd likely only have one shot at this. As she considered how best to attack she caught the scent of a wolf approaching she turned as noticed a dark male. She watched him for a moment wondering his intention when he spoke of teaming up. What luck! Birna nodded sharply. "Yes, we can split the kill 50/50." One thing she was swiftly learning was the advantage to hunting in pairs and groups verses living as a solo hunter. "I'm looking at one of the young caribou. If you can herd them toward me I can leap up and get the throat and we can take it down." Birna knew the wolf would have greater endurance and as such she figured he'd be the best candidate to do the herding.

Speech

Grimshaw

The Hallows
Vanguard

Master Fighter (290)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipAll Oozed OutThe Ooze - Variation 2By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Critical Block!The Ooze Participant1K
02-13-2022, 04:56 PM
As the cat agreed to team up with him, Grimshaw breathed a slow and soft sigh of relief. He wasn't interested in fighting the cat for rights over the herd and would have rather just leave them to it than cause any issues, but thankfully they were very fair in their suggestion to split the kill evenly. He expected nothing less when she suggested he herd the animals towards her for her to pounce on and begin the kill and offered a curt nod. "Sounds good to me." He was quickly off to stalk the herd, his body low and sneaking between foliage to get to the head of the herd. As he scoped out the herd, his silver eyes focused on a single animal and he was off, snapping at the heels of the animals as he moved them towards the cat.

Many of the animals would branch off, avoiding Grimshaw's otherwise straight route towards the trap. As the caribou would separate, Grim focused on the animal that he targeted before and snapped at their ankles until they turned towards the waiting cat unsuspectingly.

"Speech."
Grimshaw has a septum ring, a fluffy curled tail, and a horrible facial scar (hover)
that may not be reflected in his art!

please DM all tags to @betchasaurusrex

Birna

Loner

Master Hunter (249)

Master Fighter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
02-26-2022, 08:21 AM

The wolf agreed and the two predators moved to take action. Birna slinked quietly through the grass, choosing a spot with natural features that would help to funnel the prey towards her. She settled down to wait, her limbs curled up tightly underneath her and ready to spring. She could leap a tremendous distance and hoped to take the calf completely by surprise. The swifter it was killed the sooner they could eat.

She listened as the sound of thundering hooves began to roll across the ground. The wolf was hard at work. She carefully peeked above the grass watching the wolf work. He expertly drove the mother and calf towards her and she prepared herself. A split second after the cow passed Birna sprang. She leaped up, her fangs latching onto the calf's throat as it let loose a strangled bleat. Her front legs were around its neck, her hind legs digging into its chest and it was swift to fall from her weight.

The mother circled back around for her calf and Birna hoped that the wolf would intercept. It took only moments for the calf to die.

Speech