Ulric

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterBeevent
1KCritical Hit!
01-26-2022, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2022, 11:21 PM by Ulric. Edited 1 time in total.)
It wasn't easy to come to the decision he came to. He had put in over two years of work and attention into this pack from the point that Resin recruited him to now so it wasn't easy to say that he was finally going to retire and take time for himself and for Eska. She had more than done her part in supporting him while he was leading the pack, being his source of comfort and support through all of the sudden whirlwind of changes they had gone through, adapting to this life as a Hallows wolf with flying colors.

Now it was his turn to give back to her and give her the adventure and the travel that they both craved. At seven years old he was ready to relax and enjoy the years of enjoyment and freedom he had never had as a younger wolf. He knew that there was a way to have a balance of both, but he also knew himself and he knew that if he allowed himself to stay in the pack, especially with any kind of position of importance, he would just continue to work himself to the bone.

He and Eska had talked their options over extensively and ultimately decided it was better for everyone involved in the end for them to step away. Better for them and their relationship, better for the pack to have the room and space for other wolves that could fully dedicate themselves to its cause without being in and out constantly. The pair went to the courtyard and he settled under one of the trees with a soft sigh, giving Eska one of his signature lopsided grins before he lifted his head to call for Artorias.

Ulric Adravendi

Eska

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Acacia

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
02-03-2022, 06:07 PM

They'd spoken at length about what they wanted for their future. Eska enjoyed traveling and Ulric needed to live a little. So, in the end, they decided to set off into the world. They would explore, make love in exotic places, and generally just be free from responsibility. They would keep one another safe, would warm the other at night. It seemed like the perfect plan to the brindled woman.

Ulric had some misgivings but had finally decided that it was for the best to step back and let the young do what they did. The large brute called the new Aegis and Eska went along with him for moral support. She didn't think the young wolf would do anything to keep them here. Already Eska was making a mental check list of all the places she could show him.

"Eska"

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (837)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
02-13-2022, 04:51 AM

Artorias had begun preparations for the summer bonfire celebration, honoring the pups as they came of age, and paying homage to the wolves they had lost in their lives—including his mother, the founder of their pack. It was the first time this celebration would ever be held, and Artorias was determined to make it perfect. Its significance was not lost on him. While he helped some of the others gather the lumber and deadwood to stack into a massive pile out on the plains, a call for him came from the castle, perking the dark-furred brute's ears. It was Ulric. Whatever his trusted advisor and mentor needed, it must have been important. The Adravendi patriarch didn't just call for him willy nilly unless he needed something.

Dismissing himself from the others, Artorias made his way back to the castle. Trudging through the gates, he spotted the earthen dappled wolf sitting with his lover beneath one of the wisteria trees. A little smile touched his lips as he approached the couple. He was glad to see Ulric had found a stable relationship in his life. He hadn't known the Adravendi man's former troubles, but he had bore witness to his first mate vanishing into thin air, and then his tumultuous tryst with Aranea. Eska seemed like the stability he needed in his life. "Ulric, Eska," he greeted them both, coming to sit upon his haunches before them. "What can I do for the two of you?"

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Ulric

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterBeevent
1KCritical Hit!
02-16-2022, 03:59 PM
Ulric waited beside Eska for Artorias to appear, the young man coming into the castle grounds from the direction of the neighboring plains. He gave his former mentee a smile and a nod of his head as he approached. He had seen the boy grow up into the man he was now and if there was one thing he wasn't nervous about it was leaving Artorias to lead The Hallows on his own. He was certainly more than capable and had a good head on his shoulders. Artorias got straight to the point after greeting them so Ulric figured he might as well do the same. Beating around the bush would just give him time to second guess himself and he didn't want to do that. He knew this was what he and Eska needed and no matter how difficult it was going to be to distance himself from his children and cut ties with this pack that he had helped with building he had to make himself do what was best for himself for once in his life.

"Thanks for taking some time to talk with us," he began, giving Artorias a thankful smile. "Eska and I have been talking and... we'd like to take our leave from The Hallows." That was the long and short of it. "There is so much of the world I've never seen and we both just want to take some time to be together." He glanced down to Eska with a smile, adding, "I know myself and I won't stop working until I make myself retire and Eska deserves more of my time and attention." Looking back to Artorias, he added, "I would still like to have permission to come and go to spend time with my children as long as they're here, if that's okay with you." They were adults now and he wanted them to live their own lives, but if they needed him he would be here.

Ulric Adravendi

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (837)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
02-17-2022, 11:10 PM

To say that Artorias was surprised by Ulric and Eska's request would have been an understatement. Just as he had never expected his mother to ask to leave the Hallows, he didn't expect for the Adravendi patriarch to ask the same of him either. Ulric had been a critical member of the Hallows from its inception. He had helped his mother dig out the first dens beside the Sunset Falls just over two years ago. He'd been with them during their move to Auster, defended the walls of their home with blood and fang and claw during every attack. He'd led them as the pack's second Aegis until Artorias had matured enough to take the reins. And now he was leaving. It would be a devastating loss to the Hallows, but he supposed he understood. It was the same rationale his mother had when she asked to leave with Kane. They wanted to have time to themselves, to see the world and do the things they wanted. Maybe it was something he'd understand more as he got older, but he couldn't fault them for having desires beyond the bounds of the pack.

After looking with surprise between Ulric and Eska for a moment, the Aegis breathed out a heavy sigh, his shoulders dropping. "You know I'm not going to prevent you from coming back to see your family, Ulric. The Hallows will always be the home you helped build." He spoke softly, calmly, but there was a great loss in his heart for their parting of ways. He regarded Ulric with a sad smile and nodded his head. "Just call from the borders whenever you come back and you are free to return anytime you wish. You don't need to wait for me to greet you so long as your family is still here. I hope you'll both stay for the bonfire festival too, and to spend your children's birthdays with them." He didn't know when Ulric and Eska planned on leaving, but he hoped it wasn't immediately. He still needed to find a replacement for Ulric in his council. "You both have my permission to leave the Hallows. You'll both be missed terribly, but I hope you find your happiness in your travels."

Then Artorias turned to Ulric specifically, amber eyes meeting the other wolf's pale silver with respect and admiration. "Ulric, you helped keep our pack alive after my mother's death. I will never be able to show you how grateful I am for that. You mentored me, showed me the ways of being an alpha, and helped guide me when I needed it. I'm only the man I am today because of your influence, and I sincerely hope you are proud of what you've built here." Ulric certainly had a lot of reason to be. He'd raised a fine family and helped to shape the Hallows into what it was today. Adravendi would always be a name to carry weight around these lands, and his family's legacy would forever be secured in the Hallows.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.