gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Salt
02-18-2022, 12:29 AM
OOC: I thank Ardybot for this plot and Nyx for reminding me the thread title song existed.

Noelie was having a terrible night. She'd lost nearly all of her freshly caught meal to a persistent hawk, then when she was crossing the river she slipped and fell on some rocks, and finally, to top it all off, she stumbled upon the strange stone structures by running face first into one. Now, it was probably safe to say that each of those things had been her fault, and that if the yearling had been paying more attention to her surroundings that none of it would have happened, but Noel wasn't really in the mood to see reason. Her ancestors were laughing at her, they had to be, or else why would she be having such bad luck?

In an effort to spite their fun, the wolf decided to sit and wait for the sun to rise. She planted herself on a nice swatch of grass, far from any water sources, or rocks, or trees that might contain ill intentioned birds. If she didn't move then nothing bad could happen. Right? Right. That's when she felt the first drip land squarely on her nose. Cross-eyed she tried to look, praying to the ancestors that she was wrong. Then there was another drip, and another, until the heavens opened up and rain began pouring down, leaving big, wet blotches on her starry coat. Noelie released a growl, giving the sky one last look of disdain before shuffling under a broken bit of structure for shelter. Maybe this was a sign. Maybe she hadn't been pious enough. Heaving a sigh, the youth tucked her tail around her body, curled up, and waited for light to break through the clouds.

Kaija

Obscura
Prisoner

Expert Navigator (200)

Master Fighter (250)

An icon representing the specialty Unarmed Unarmed

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Critical Attack!OverachieverSamhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipUnderachieverAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Lighting McQueen1KPride - Pansexual
02-19-2022, 01:01 PM
Since the carnival Kaija had ended up staying in the east, though she was itching to explore the world far beyond - maybe she'd head north next while summer was still here and the weather would be tolerable up north. Despite her Jarvela blood, she had grown up in the temperate west and she hadn't experienced much cold. There was always time for that to change, but maybe not quite yet. Not with all this rain that had started pouring from the sky. It was like a sign, if she believed in that sort of thing, which she definitely did not.

Grumbling, she searched for shelter in the vast expanse of field, zeroing in on the strange stone structures up ahead. They looked like mediocre shelter at best but beggars couldn't be choosers, and so she trudged across the plain and idly shook rain from her face as she neared it. She saw the stranger before she smelled her, thanks to the intensifying rainstorm, though she let out a little muffled bark of greeting. Last thing she wanted to do was pick a fight over some piece of crap shelter when she was just trying to hunker down for the storm. Shuffling closer, the tusked woman tilted her head and squinted to get a better look at her. "Mind if I do?" Without waiting for much of an answer she slid alongside her, keeping a respectful enough distance and pulling herself in to avoid the stray raindrops.

Noëlie

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Salt
03-04-2022, 04:06 PM
After such an awful day even the promise of meeting someone new seemed to lose it's usual luster. In fact, for the first time in her life she found that she was quite unhappy about it, lest her bad luck reach out and take root in them too. The fae wasn't entirely sure what being cursed by the Ancestors entailed, but whatever it was, it was enough to banish entire packs from the ancestral grounds, so the odds that it had to affect the wolves around you seemed high enough to her.

Unfortunately, the toothy stranger didn't leave much time for an answer, squeezing her large frame in before the first few syllables had even left Noelie's maw. "I don't.. Oh." She managed before being forced to shimmy to the side. "..know if you want to be there." Which was not to say that Noelie didn't want her there, because the Soleil wasn't one to turn away from company, but that it was just potentially dangerous for her to be here. "With all the luck I've had today I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing came down on my head."

Kaija

Obscura
Prisoner

Expert Navigator (200)

Master Fighter (250)

An icon representing the specialty Unarmed Unarmed

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Critical Attack!OverachieverSamhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipUnderachieverAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Lighting McQueen1KPride - Pansexual
03-05-2022, 10:52 AM
Kaija didn't seem to notice Noëlie's reaction to her sudden arrival. If she did, she certainly didn't react to it. Instead she settled in with a little grunt, giving her coat a half-hearted shake to rid it from some of the rain that had accumulated there. "This spot's just fine," Kaija shook off the yearling's concerns quickly and settled in, tucking her paws under her chest neatly. Hopefully the rain was bound to slow down soon and she could be on her merry way rather than sit here all day doing nothing.

The concerns were made more apparent after a moment but Kaija's incredulous snort told her she didn't believe her. "Better to have bad luck than no luck. Or something," she drawled with a soft chortle of laughter. She was pretty sure that was the saying but she wouldn't bet on it. "I'm not too worried about it. Don't believe in luck. Name's Kaija, by the way," she gave her head a little tilt in Noëlie's direction as she spoke.