size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Virgil

Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 11K
02-22-2022, 10:01 PM

Autumn was looming ever closer, and with the eventual arrival of winter he would be reaching his seventh year. Seven years, and no family to speak of. He didn't want to end up like his mother, dying before his kids were even fully grown. On the flip side, he also didn't want to die without having raised a family. There was so much to be done, and so little time to manage it all. Heavy gait drew the giant along the familiar corridors, down the winding staircase. Around this time, he knew where he might find the Aegis. With the sun only recently having risen at all, the sapphire brute that reigned over the castle and its surrounding plains would be finishing up his rounds this morning, if he was remembering right.

So, the brilliantly hued titan settled himself in the grass near the entrance to the courtyard, lounging on his haunches with slumping shoulders and half lidded eyes while he soaked up the last vestiges of cool mist that clung to the landscape. Dew clinging to his lower limbs soaked down to the bone, eased the strain of the constant warmth on his northern-born form. Amaranth gaze swept over the landscape as he waited for the Aegis to make his way back to the castle as the patrols rotated. It wasn't a conversation he wanted to have, but it was nonetheless important that he was quick to bring it up.

""

DEION HAS A THICK MACEDONIAN ACCENT AND A GARBAGE ATTITUDE, PLEASE BE WARNED

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
02-27-2022, 03:25 AM

Artorias was nothing if not a creature of habit about his morning routines. Up at the first light of dawn, meditation on the walls facing the western sea, then stretches and sword fighting practice followed by a morning patrol and then breakfast. The dark-furred alpha of the Hallows was just now finishing up that morning patrol, heading back in through the castle gates and into the dew-glistening gardens. He wandered over mossy cobblestone paths, taking in the scent of wet grass and florals along the way. For the most part, it was another ordinary morning—until he saw the galactic form of the Hallows' resident surly surgeon. Fiery eyes met Deion's tired (or perhaps apathetic?) red gaze and greeted the other man with a curt nod and half smile.

"Good morning, Deion," he greeted his pack mate, walking up to the waiting wolf and regarding him with a curious gaze. Deion didn't tend to wake up this early, nor did he just sit out on the damp grass for his own amusement. Artorias could feel something was off, and though he didn't know what yet, he had a gut instinct he knew what it might be. "Waiting for someone?"

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Deion

Hemlock
Soothsayer

Advanced Healer (90)

Advanced Fighter (70)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Virgil

Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 11K
03-04-2022, 11:51 PM

Trust the Aegis not to leave even an impromptu caller waiting for too long, and within a few moments the titanic young alpha ambled in from the surrounding territories. A friendly greeting accompanied by a warm tone, met with a light incline of his heavy skull. "Good morning, Aegis." he rumbled in reply, the corner of his dark lip turning up in a lopsided smile. The sapphire brute enquired about his reasons for lurking near the entrance to the castle at such an hour, and he chuckled lightly. "Yes, I was hoping you'd still be out on patrol." he admitted with a half-hearted shrug. "And I was also hoping you'd have a minute to spare for a chat." the cosmic brute added, more as an afterthought than anything else.

He hesitated for a moment, waiting for the Aegis to mention some pressing matter or another. Any kind of complaint, really. Who was he, after all, to take up the man's time? When nothing immediately came up, he patted the dewy grass at his side lightly. "I think you're aware that I'm no spring chicken, as they say." he started out with a bemused tone, glancing over to the larger male. "On that note, I'm also not all that fond of the heat. I think it's time for me to take my leave of the Hallows, and see if I can still start a family of my own before it's too late." he admitted with a soft sigh, dropping his gaze to the ivory tips of his toes as he overturned one massive paw to awkwardly consider the dark pads. He'd never had to do this before, he hadn't been prepared for how.. strange and uncomfortable it would feel. "You and Ulric gave me a home when I had nothing else, and I am in your debt for that. But I miss the bitter cold just a little more than I enjoy the comforts that would come with retiring in this castle, if I am being honest." with this admission, he turned his attention from his consideration of his paws and up to the features of the Aegis. Best to face it all head on, and see what was to come of it. Mama didn't raise no bitch, after all.

""

DEION HAS A THICK MACEDONIAN ACCENT AND A GARBAGE ATTITUDE, PLEASE BE WARNED

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
03-05-2022, 12:45 PM

As he approached, Deion greeted him with his usual cool nonchalance, and Artorias returned his crooked smile while he came and took a seat beside the other large man. "For my wolves, I have all the minutes in the day," he replied, taking a seat on the slightly damp grass next to the elder medic. "What's on your mind?" In his usual manner, Deion didn't keep him waiting on an answer, cutting right to the chase about his intentions. As Artorias suspected, Deion wanted to leave the Hallows. He wanted to go raise a family and escape the heat of Auster before he got too old to chase either of those desires. Although it disappointed him to hear that the Hallows would be losing another member of its family, and a talented healer at that, Artorias understood the man's wishes. Amber eyes didn't leave Deion, even when the galactic wolf turned his eyes away to admit, somewhat bashfully, that he was grateful for him and Ulric offering him a home.

When he finished, Artorias breathed a heavy sigh. No matter how many times he had this conversation, it never seemed to get any easier... The Aegis turned his eyes back out over the blooming garden, spring shoots beginning to appear and the wisteria and magnolia trees starting to show early buds. "As much as I don't want to let you go, I understand your reasons, Deion. You're a talented healer, a proud wolf, and my life has been richer for having met you. I owe you my thanks for patching me up after the raid and making sure I didn't bleed out. As far as I'm concerned, you owe me nothing. You've been loyal and dedicated, and I appreciate what you've done for the Hallows." Artorias glanced back to Deion and dipped his head with a reluctant but accepting nod.

"You are free to pursue your own life and dreams, Deion. I hope you find what you're looking for and it brings you happiness. If you ever need us for anything, shelter or aid, our doors will always be open to you to come home." The loss of one of their few trained physicians would be felt, but the Hallows would continue on in Deion's absence. The pack always survived. "Do you plan on leaving soon? You know you're welcome to stay as long as you need to gather supplies, make plans, whatever you need."

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.