ardent

A new place to rest

May

gems
size
build
player
05-05-2014, 10:00 AM
The snowy woman had just come from the boarders of Seracia, furious that they had claimed her weeping willows as their own. Her favorite tree resided within the small group of willows, however it was also her most hated tree. It reminded her of her lost prince, Miharu. It was in that very tree that she had wondered what he would think of it only to have her hopes of a future with him crushed.

Even though she knew he was gone, she still found herself calling to him every time she made a kill. Inviting him to share her meal with her, and every time hoping she had been lied only to be stupidly disappointed when he did not arrive. Each time she would chastise herself for such childish hopes. She was nearly eight years old for christ sake, and she damn well knew what dead meant...still she held her promise to him. She would never forget him.

As May arrived at the Buffalo Knolls, her lost love was still on her mind as was the furry she held toward the pack. She hoped silently that the heard of buffalo would help to calm her so that she wouldn't march into the pack lands and demand they move their boarders else where. She knew that would do no good and the only thing she would gain would be scars.

After a while she found a spot to lay where she could look out over a buffalo heard. Where the grass as sun would work together to keep her at a comfortable temperature. She cursed her age as she stretched out over the ground. Long travels such as the one she had just had were becoming quite painful, leaving her muscles and joints a bit sore. She still looked a few years younger than what she actually was but that was only because her fur was already white. May was positive that if she wasn't already a white wolf that her fur would have shown signs of her aging.

Closing her icy blue eyes she smiled as she pictured her oddly colored love with greying fur. His brown and grey fur turning greyer and the reddish-orange of his ears and tail loosing its brightness. She decided he would still be just as attractive now as he was when she met him.

When she opened her eyes a female buffalo and her calf were at play only fifty yards away. The sight made her sigh inwardly and become slightly frustrated again. She wished her lost prince had lived, longed to know what their children might have looked like, but that wish and hope was long ago taken from her.

Scorpion

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
05-13-2014, 08:46 AM
He would tear himself from Orchid's side, having made sure the doe was fully fed and would be sleeping for a good chunk of time. After the incident with the snake he found it difficult to leave her at all. However, prey in their grassy fields was growing sparse. The prairie dogs were on to him and the field mice were certainly not a satisfactory meal. So the large male would leave his sister, searching for more food and the possibility of a new base.?

Bleached paws carried him over the grassy knolls, his attention caught by the giant grazers that suddenly appeared around him. They knew very well of the wolf, so well that a lone one would gain hardly the bat of an eye. He was no threat to them, he was tall but ever so thin. He would never be so stupid as to take on one of the beasts alone. He'd have to gather the whole of his siblings for that expedition. While his original intent had been the scouting of his next meal, a different kind of hunger would goad him on.?

Bright yellow gaze would come to rest upon the distant form of a pale she wolf. Her scent would reach him and confirm her gender. She would watch the herd as he had been, but so alone she had as much luck taking one on as he. An amused smirk would cross his features as he beheld her impressive form. A possessive desire would arise within him as he brought himself near. She was simply magnificent.?

Quietly he would bring himself closer, preferring she not know his presence until he was too close for a quick retreat. She obviously outweighed him, but he was not looking for violence. When he found himself close enough, but a yard or two away, he would chuff softly to announce his presence. Elegant tail flagging over his back as neon gaze overtook her peaceful form. "My Lady. Might I ask why the fair maiden resides alone upon these hills. Surely some... Company would be appreciated?" his tone would not give away his intentions yet, but the longer he stared the more he would wish to call her [i]his.[/b]

May

gems
size
build
player
05-13-2014, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2014, 11:10 AM by May.)
Having her mind so deeply absorbed by her thoughts of killing the Seracian wolf who had placed their boarders around [I]her/I]\ tree combined with that of her lost prince and the soothing way the buffalo moved about had kept her from noticing the change in scent. The man that lurked across the valley had gone completely unnoticed. Sapphire blue eyes hadn't detected any movement from anything but the calf she had been watching.

It wasn't until he drew close that she could hear the grass moving about closer to her. She had automatically and mistakenly assumed that it was a calf waking from a nap. The chuff that sounded told her otherwise. Immediately her mind came back to the world, completely focused on the male who stood merely a yard or so away.

Icy optics would not turn his way nor would she use the energy to turn her head away from the calf. At first her ears would lay flat at the aggravation of being interrupted, then they would turn upright at his words. Apparently she looked as though she needed company...he was incorrect.

At the end of his words she stood and turned on him. As her optics landed on him her maw opened to inform him just how wrong he had been...but something stopped her short. He was the first wolf she had come in contact with since she had been informed of Miharu's death. Maybe a little company wouldn't hurt after all.

After a few moments she decided to answer. "I am here because the damned Seracian's claimed my willow tree as their own. As for the company portion of your...comment, being alone does not bother me however if you wish to stay ill not chase you off." May couldn't help but give the boy credit for sneaking up on her as, as a spy, she was always the one sneaking up on others. On top of that, for a younger man, he didn't look that bad...however she still thought her lost prince looked better.

Scorpion

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
05-13-2014, 05:26 PM
The pristine woman would refrain from moving at first, only her ears would fall back in acceptance of his presence. At least he knew she had heard him, taking a bit less time she would find herself before him. Mouth open to tell him off, but silent she would remain for many moments. Bright yellow gaze would move to take her in better, her pervious angles no match for the view he now had before him. Pleased eyes would roam her gentle outline as she waited to speak, his appreciation of her improving as she took on her full height. Not many were as tall as this duo. Finally she would answer, smirk reappearing and eyebrows raising at her very interesting answer.?

She seemed quite miffed at being chased from her home by the Seracians, though he knew not who they were it was in all likely hood a pack. Feigning a look of sympathy his expression would brighten slightly at her words of company. Quickly accepting but neither inviting or denying. He would continue to observe her rugged demeanor, how long had it even been since she'd entertained company? Maybe she needed him more than he'd first realized, he would bring himself closer to her. Vibrant eyes taking her in and curiously observing as he patiently waited to claim her as a prize. "Solitude is good for a time, but sharing company is one of my favorite past times." his tone would change, ever so slightly as he made her privy to his personal preference. The ever light undertone of the desire he held. "I've interrupted her though, might I take a seat by the High Lady?" he would motion for her to relax back into her previous position, "And might I have access to her name?"?